1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Debunked Zou's Secret Dark Side...

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Kikodg78, Nov 12, 2015.

Share This Page

?

How Likely Do You Think This Is?

1. Very Likely, but I don't want it to happen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Possible, but I don't want it to happen

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Not At All Likely, and I don't want it to happen

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Very Likely, and I do want it to happen

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Possible, and I do want it happen

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. Not All Like, but I do want it to happen

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kikodg78

Kikodg78

Bounty Points:
    Hi guys this is my first theory, so please be gentle with me:)

So after last chapters cliffhanger about Sanji, and the reintroduction of Nami and Chopper, I think that something is very off about Zou. The bases of my theory is that Zou isn't as cheerful and friendly as it seems, it has a secret dark side.

First before I go into the details of the theory, I would just like to analyze the SH's arrival on each island they go to. On almost every island they initially enter, they are either hated on sight for being pirates, or are treated like regular people. The only time that this trend hasn't held up in the past was when the crew landed on Whiskey Peak.
    http://img.*******/comics/2014/12/22/o/read54988d875fa73/img000017.png
    http://img.*******/comics/2014/12/22/o/read54988d875fa73/img000018.png

Now, as we all know this town didn't turn out to be the pirate heaven that the crew thought it was, it had a darker side that the crew discovered later, after they had been seduced by the beautiful women
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/805_0_the_mink_tribe_563f9119ca8a0/12.png

and the wonderful atmosphere and partying

http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/806_0_at_right_belly_fortress_563f989bc6e77/14-15.png

Now I know that these similarities between Zou and Whiskey Peak aren't strong enough to conclusively say that Zou has a dark side. But I have a few more points to bring up.

The first is has to do with Wanda's comment about the Curly Hat's
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/805_0_the_mink_tribe_563f9119ca8a0/04.png

She says that they are deceased, but we find out later on that neither Nami nor Chopper are dead, so why would she say that?
    Another weird comment that Wanda makes is when she is talking to Carrot and says that even though Luffy is the captain he won't be treated with mercy
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/805_0_the_mink_tribe_563f9119ca8a0/05.png

This seems like a very weird comment to make, especially when we again learn later on that the crew is actually hailed as heroes on Zou.

Wanda's weird comments aside, not even all of the Minks in the country seem trust the SH, even though, if they are the heroes that should be well respected. This is not only shown once, but twice, with Pedro having Luffy surrounded on sight, and the guards in front of the Mink village threatening Luffy and co., even though they were with Wanda.
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/806_0_at_right_belly_fortress_563f989bc6e77/11.png
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/805_0_the_mink_tribe_563f9119ca8a0/13.png
    I believe that the all of Wanda's comments and these scenes of Mink mistrust are hints to us that Nami and Chopper believe that the other Swirly Hats are dead, but in fact they are actually being held captive by the Mink King.

Now I know that that seems like a huge leap to make, but stay with me. The next part of my theory all relies on you guys believing that this guy that Nami is sleeping on:
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/806_0_at_right_belly_fortress_563f989bc6e77/12.png
    is the Mink King.

I believe that this guy is the one who ordered the Swirly Hat's, other than Nami and Chopper to be captured, but tricked Chopper and Nami into believing that they were either severally injured or dead. Now why do I think he imprisoned the people who rescued Zou, and why weren't Nami and Chopper also imprisoned?
    The next part of my theory involves some speculation and I hope you can go with me. I think that the Mink King is actually a very corrupt king, who forces most of the Mink women to service him in his own personal harem.

The first reason I believe this is because of the huge difference in appearance between the Minkwomen and the Minkmen
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/805_0_the_mink_tribe_563f9119ca8a0/10-11.png
    While the Mink females look very much like regular human females, with lots of curves and big breasts, the Mink men look far more beast like. This difference in attractiveness may have created a society where most Mink females are only prized for their beauty while the men are rewarded for their feats of strength.

Now the next reason why I think the Mink King uses the women as prostitutes is because of his interaction with Nami. Instead of allowing her to dress in her regular clothes and sleep in a normal bed, he has her dressed up in a very fancy and seductive outfit:
    [​IMG]
    and has her sleeping on his stomach. Now it might be a stretch to believe that the Mink King is trying to make Nami into another member of his harem, but in the very same chapter Wanda reveals that some Minks, like the king, think that Humans are quite attractive
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/806_0_at_right_belly_fortress_563f989bc6e77/16.png
    In this very same scene you can see that the Minks are giving Nami their congratulations. Some of you guys have said that this because she is reuniting with her crew, but I think that they're congratulating her for being inducted into the King's harem.

I also believe that the Mink King could have been partially inspired by King Henry VIII, a corrupt king in London, who was notorious for his size and his large number of wives.
    [​IMG]

The last reason why I think that the Mink King allows and endorses prostitution in Zou is because in One Piece, Oda likes to explore very controversial topics, like racism, drug abuse, slavery, and many other things. It would only make sense that he would eventually tackle the topic of prostitution and sexual abuse of women.

Going back to the overall theory, now that I've told you why I believe the Zou King is corrupt, I will now explain how Sanji made him mad enough to have himself captured.

I do believe that the Swirly Hat's were the ones responsible for having Jack leave the island, but I also think that it is there fault that he came in the first place.
    When we see them in 795, we see Sanji and Brooke taking out some of Kaido's men.
    http://read.**************/content/comics/one_piece_5251c1a821656/795_0_suicide_55f48a66889e1/08.png
    We also know that most of these men were able to escape, and I think that after they escaped they went directly to Jack and told him that it was the Swirly Hat's fault that they weren't able to finish their mission. After hearing this Jack went to Zou, destroyed it and was then pushed out by the Swirly Hat's. Some of the people on Zou praised Sanji and co. as heroes, but most of them blamed them for bringing him to Zou in first place.

The next reason why I believe that why I believe Sanji was captured by the Mink King is because of his policy on women. We all know that Sanji is a huge perv, but he still believes that women should be respected and cared for. Now how do you think Sanji would react if he found out that the Mink King was allowing for women to be abused and used for sex in the country? He speaks out against the Mink King, and because of this out burst the King captures Sanji and creates a dummy to stand in his place as either dead or in a coma as to not upset Nami and Chopper, who aren't being captured because of Nami's beauty and Chopper resemblance to a Mink. This is why Nami believes that Sanji is either dead or in a coma and comes rushing to Luffy.
    *********************************************************************************

I hope that everyone enjoyed this theory and I hope that it isn't too long and disjointed, it's my first attempt:lmao::smuggrin:.

Followers:
    @Amles
    @blaze
    @DARK_RITUAL
    @GUDUman
    @Hannibal Psyche
    @Hero Sanji
    @HOLY ONE
    @Jewish Kaizoku
    @Mat D Bizzo
    @Red gunner
    @Rekrap Breeze
    @Syed D. Master
    @Takanome1994

2. Red gunner

Red gunner

Bounty Points:
    That's a pretty decent theory. You did a great job for your first one! :yaaa: I can really see that happening. But One Piece is a light hearted series and I don't know if Oda will want to involve prostitution into this. I can definitely see some of the minks being bad guys. Cause from what I see there is no antagonist in this arc. Carrot and Wanda might be one of the only decent ones. You've definitely given me something to think about. :)

3. Whitey Bay

Whitey Bay

Bounty Points:
    This is very plausible.

1 Week to go until new chapter. Let's be super patient, shall we! :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 12, 2015 ---
    He's tackled so many taboo subject in this manga, I don't see why Prostitution can't be tackled.

Slavery, Racial Bigotry & Everything between.

Hell, he's hinted at Rape. There are high chances that Boa was raped while a slave at Mariejois.

He won't have sex shown, but he could tackle it from some other angle.

Flamki, GUDUman, Kikodg78 and 2 others like this.
  4. Red gunner

Red gunner

Bounty Points:
    Oda said he targets this series towards 15 year olds so we won't be seeing any kinky stuff. Thank god! I don't want to see Mink in Mink actuon. :)

5. Deleted member 10103

Deleted member 10103 Guest

Bounty Points:
    This theory seems very possible. You brought some very good points, nice work :D

GUDUman, Kikodg78 and Zaz like this.
  6. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    The difference you put regarding minkwomen and minkmen is not the something new, Oda does that with humans too, women are more attractive in OP than men. Also those guardians are the only men that are big, strong and sturdy. But you could be right about his harem thing irrespective of this.

About mink congratulating nami, they are actually congratulating her for reunion not for getting into his harem, but their behavior points towards harem thing, the way they are squeezing nami.

Though I always thought that Oda would go animal abuse route with minks and their interaction with humans, prostitution and women abuse doesn't seems related with minks. Though goat, sheep they are known for their lust.

7. Zaz

Zaz

Bounty Points:
    Nice theory. I don't think Oda is going to put prostitution in the manga although Chopper seems to be dressed up like a pimp. Just pervs like Absalom will be in the manga IMO. I like someones theory that the sheep mink could be a reference to Jabba the Hut. To be honest the sheep mink doesn't really put off a kingly vibe to me but it could be true.
    Tricking Chopper is easy, but Nami is a completely different story. If she appears as if she is getting tricked she is probably just faking it IMO. I don't really believe the dummy thing. Not sure where they could get the resources to pull this off and doubtful a dummy would fool Nami. I do agree that Zou does give off a Whiskey Peak feeling though and that the Straw Hats are probably being tricked somehow. If it does end up like that then the first ones to notice will probably be Nami, Law, or Zoro. Very possible the minks actually do hate humans but lied about it at those moments.

I think I am just gonna take in information from the manga as we get it and not try to base my expectations on theories(especially ones that involve plot). Reading One Piece feels a lot more enjoyable when you stop thinking about whats going to happen. This theory is good nonetheless, just saying that I prefer to take in information as it comes rather than go looking for it when it concerns plot.

8. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Interesting theory...it doesn't sound impossible and Oda eventually could draw about this topic...the second half was little greater tho...let's see what happens.

9. Kikodg78

Kikodg78

Bounty Points:
    The never thought about the animal abuse angle for the Minks, that's are really good idea:yaaa:
    Thanks:D. When I was talking about all the sex stuff, I kind of imagined it would be implied, not actually shown, kind of like how the slaves were abused by the CD's or Nami's abuse with Arlong.
    Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this could happen.
    I do agree that tricking Nami would be hard, that's why I feel like a DF could be used in some way to either mess with Nami's mind and make her believe that Sanji's dead or has some how created a copy of Sanji that looks just like him. I know that that's a stretch but I really do believe that Sanji hasn't left the island, and the only reason Nami would cry or be that worried about Sanji is if he was either dead or very injured.

I usually don't like to theorize about future events in the manga, but for this arc, I just had a lot of ideas in my head that I wanted to get out, so I decided to give it a try. Usually I just wait it out week by week, like you do, and see what happens next.
    Thanks, I was actually afraid that the second half might be a little harder to believe that the first, but oh well:smuggrin:.

Flamki, GUDUman, Zaz and 3 others like this.
  10. The Buddha

The Buddha

Bounty Points:
    its a pretty decent and good theory.cant exactly say if u r a 1st timer mate.tag me in next time @Kikodg78 san :D :yaaa:

Flamki, Kikodg78, Zaz and 1 other person like this.
  11. GUDUman

GUDUman

Bounty Points:
    The theory about nami dressing may not be true..... i mean the dress she is natural to her she is like that some what irritating to me though
    prostitution may not be but abuse can be
    i mean king loves to live that way

nami may be faking also
    i mean it is hard to think how can she be tricked
    its not like she can not understand the situation

why was king happy and want to see SH anyway
    was he going to make a deal?

if i do not look how you presented and consider Minks as normal animal its natural for them to lick rub against you when they are happy
    so harem may not be the case also

they way minks are presented they are more animal
    but the the think that @Syed D. Master pointed out about sheeps it can be as the king looked like sheep... it is he will be easily pleased by women

anyway good for the first time

Kikodg78 and Zaz like this.
  12. Kikodg78

Kikodg78

Bounty Points:
    But if you look at the Kings conversation with Nami, he's eyes look very suspicious and he also pauses a lot while he's speaking. This might point to him not really being happy that Luffy and co. are there and I'm not completely sure how the King might've fooled Nami, but I do think it's possible that he could've kidnapped Sanji while him and Nami were separated and then just showed her a very mangled body or a gravesite marked for Sanji. But thanks for liking my theory anyway :>
    I promise this is my first time ever righting a theory, and I will :)

Flamki, The Buddha, Zaz and 2 others like this.
  13. GUDUman

GUDUman

Bounty Points:
    Sanji can not leave Nami with a stranger and go away in first place
    they must have communicated(nami and sanji)

Flamki, Zaz and Kikodg78 like this.
  14. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    I haven't finished reading yet, however, I wanted to clarify what Wanda meant. She was talking about the guardians and how they would show no mercy to trespassers, even if the trespasser was the captain of their saviors.

Makes me wonder whats in there thats so precious...

Flamki, Zaz, Kikodg78 and 1 other person like this.
  15. GUDUman

GUDUman

Bounty Points:
    he just woke up so may be thats why his tone is slow
    i also think so but it may mean otherwise according to this theory

Flamki, Zaz and Joy_Boy like this.
  16. Damy

Damy Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    Very interesting stuff. What you've highlighted may happen. Waiting for the next chapters. :)

Zaz, Kikodg78 and GUDUman like this.
  17. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    Overall, it's obvious you put a lot of effort into this theory good job!

But, I don't think this is the case... nor do I want it to be the case haha so i may be biased :corasmile:

Zaz, Kikodg78 and GUDUman like this.
  18. Jewish Kaizoku

Jewish Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    I personally don't think it's so myself, but it was a good read and it's very original.
    To be honest, I won't at all be disappointed if that turned out to be true! It could be an interesting idea.

Flamki, Kikodg78 and Zaz like this.
  19. tommyl

tommyl

Bounty Points:
    pedro is based from beauty and the beast. we'll see flashback about him and his beauty soon.

20. Kikodg78

Kikodg78

Bounty Points:
    Hmmm, that's interesting, could you elaborate on that?
    At least you'll come right out and say it:smuggrin::lmao:, also thanks, I've been toying with the idea ever since we first met the Minks.

Flamki, Zaz and Joy_Boy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice