1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Zou & Zunisha Are Homages To The One Piece Movies & Based on World Elephant Cosmology & Ganesha

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Saffron Kaizoku, Nov 14, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Last time I made a theory that the "Zou elephant", now named Zunisha, is based on the "World Elephant" cosmology in Indian religions, especially Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism).

Here's the theory:
    http://orojackson.com/threads/zo-island-based-on-world-elephant-from-hindu-mythology.16419/

That aside, I realised that "Zunisha" is a mixture of "Zou" and "Ganesha".
    Ganesha is the popular, elephant-headed deity in Hinduism and other Indian religions.

Also, "nisha" in Sanskrit, an ancient Indian language, means "night".

http://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/3007/014.png

Seeing the many connections of Zou and Zunisha with Indian culture, I wouldn't be surprised if Zunisha is based on the "World Elephant".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT (21/07/2016): I deeply regret making this retarded theory, which is below, even though it was speculation and made just for fun.
    I had no idea what the heck I was smoking.

I can assure you that all of my other theories are not as retarded as the one below.
    In fact, lots of my theories have been confirmed to be true in the manga - e.g. the Kozuki Clan created the Poneglyphs & were part of the Ancient Kingdom.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That aside too,
    I believe that Zou and the events taking place in there, and Zunisha itself are Oda's homages to the three One Piece films (there could be more):
    • One Piece: Clockwork Island Adventure
    • [​IMG]
    • One Piece: Chopper's Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals[​IMG]
    • One Piece: The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle​
      [​IMG]
    In the first said film, Nami is kidnapped and then forced to marry the Bear King - she was also given new clothes by him to wear.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Clockwork_Island_Adventure
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bear_King

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the second said film, Chopper became the Animal King of Crown Island, given a King-like outfit to wear.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Chopper's_Kingdom_on_the_Island_of_Strange_Animals

[​IMG]

In the third said film, Chopper was communicating with an unknown creature the entire time, and later it turned out that the entire island was in fact a giant turtle, who Chopper was communicating with.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/The_Giant_Mechanical_Soldier_of_Karakuri_Castle

[​IMG]
    (Couldn't find the real image of the giant turtle)

Parallelisms in order of films:
    • In the latest chapter, Nami was seen resting on the supposed-King of the Minkmen, wearing a new clothing - it's possible he wants to marry her or make her join his harem (the latter was a theory someone made - we see 'love hearts' when the crowd surrounds Nami). But why is Nami happy? Is it all an act, considering that she's sweating. Or is the sweat because of Sanji? Will it turn out that nothing has happened to Sanji, and it's just an act? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • It turned out that the entire time Zou was actually a giant elephant. In my "World Elephant" theory, I theorised that the Zou elephant is standing on a giant turtle and that is the reason that it could and can roam the New World.[​IMG]
    It seems as if the events taking place in Zou right now are a mixture of the events found in
    these three One Piece films - there could possibly be more, which I haven't picked up on.

It's possible that the third parallelism of the giant turtle, from the third said film, and Zunisha could be Oda hinting that Zunisha is based on the "World Elephant" concept, thus hinting that it's standing on a turtle, which is roaming the New World, thus why Zunisha doesn't sink.
    Or I may be wrong and it's only a parallel with the only thing changed being the giant turtle to a giant elephant.

[​IMG]

Changing topics, we've now realised that the architecture of Zou is based on Yemeni architecture and the old city of Sana'a (one of the oldest in history), and one central building we see in a recent chapter may be based on a mosque in Yemen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we may know, Yemen is an Arab country, and "Zunesha" is an Arabic/Muslim name.

Seems like Zunisha and Zou are a mix of Indian and Yemeni culture, who knows.​

I doubt that Zunisha is based on the Dali painting, wouldn't make sense since the One Piece ocean is really deep, but it might still be possible.

NOTE: The predictions listed here are just for fun, they may not turn out to be real - but it's still fun to speculate or predict to compensate for the long days left until the new chapter.​

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Doctor Room

Doctor Room

Bounty Points:
    Nice theory..though you mentioned Nisha means night and in chapter it was mentioned that Luffy should be glad that it isn't night
    http://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/3007/014.png
    Also i think Elephant could be based on Dali's work since we saw the picture of elephant - we see his legs..and we don't see it's end - though it's only imagination of Robin
    http://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/3023/06.png

Saffron Kaizoku and Zaz like this.
  3. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the first image, was looking for it lol

As for the second one, it could be right but it could also be Robin's imagination. I prefer the former. Then I'm sure it's probably based on Dali's painting.

Zaz likes this.
  4. HOLY ONE

HOLY ONE

Bounty Points:
    Love the theory and parallels especially the one about the elephant(Zou) being on the back of a Turtle. No matter how you think, it makes absolute sense. Hmmm...if Zou's legs could reach the bottom of the ocean, then damn, those legs would really 10000+ feet long, and naturally the overall scale would have elephant would have to be much wider. I just don't see how that would have much realism, even in Oda's OP world of big dudes with tiny legs. It just doesn't fit.

Zaz and Saffron Kaizoku like this.
  5. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    I agree man, but we have to just wait and find out

Zaz likes this.
  6. The Buddha

The Buddha

Bounty Points:
    Nisha=Night in sanskrit correct :D
    I love the paralells u have pointed out.an interesting read.:)
    nice :yaaa:

Saffron Kaizoku likes this.
  7. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Thanks man

8. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    Did it ever occur to anyone that the One Piece ocean isn't actually 10000 metres down all the time? There is no way an ocean can be straight flat like that, that's now haw it works.

9. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Not really, it's obviously not flat but there's no way that all of a sudden Oda will make it 5 metres deep.

Most of the stuff said in this topic was just for fun though.

10. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    im not at all informed about indian mythology, so thanks for the info and this was very interesting to read,...and nicely structured too:yaaa:

11. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Thanks man.

You should really look into Indian/Sanatani (Hindu) culture and history, Oda borrowed a lot from them:

Joy Boy was based on Jayabaya, a Hindu king of Java in Indonesia.

The Poseidon is based on one of the main Hindu deities, Vishnu, who incarnated into a half-fish, half-man being who saved the world from a flood.

Jaya & Shandia are based on India and the Native Americans.

Mantra is religious in Indian religions.

There's loads more.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  12. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    Hehehehe Oda and his zones of inspiration!!! Thanks again

13. Putu

Putu

Bounty Points:
    The answer is gonna be in Night section ya ?

14. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    We'll see soon

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Putu likes this.
  15. purple

purple

Bounty Points:
  16. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Oh damn, when was that? Jaya arc? Completely forgot about it.

17. tommyl

tommyl

Bounty Points:
    maybe zunisha knows how to use blue walk XD lol

18. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    CP0's new technique :openmouth:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice