1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Debunked Zou Speculation - Marco, Edward Weevil, and Kaidou

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Big One, Oct 24, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big One

Big One

Bounty Points:
    This will be less of a theory and more-so speculation, but there is one thing I will propose that could lead to a lot of interesting questions and dynamics.

First off let's look at the recent chapter. We finally get an inside glimpse of Zou that's more than a couple of panels. There are ancient ruins, the Mink Tribe, and etc. But one thing is clear and that's SOMEONE has been wrecking shit:
    [​IMG]

This mirrors what we saw of Weevil in the very first chapter of this arc, chapter 802:
    [​IMG]

Because of this, I think it's pretty clear that the implication is that Weevil is on Zou, possibly even being the antagonist of the entire arc. Notice how they point out the destruction is fairly recent and "fresh" so to speak, which from what we know of Weevil is exactly the type of thing he would do. But why would he be on Zou, you say?
    [​IMG]
    Marco, the Phoenix

Like already stated in 802, we're likely to see Marco and the rest of the Whitebeard Pirates so. To be specific, I think the Whitebeard Pirates are on Zou, though it's possible Marco is on Zou by himself.

However despite this I do not think this arc will have a central antagonist. In fact, I think Weevil will eventually be a friend to the Strawhats after a single fight, to his dismay of his mother. But rather, Ms. Balkin will be the antagonist of Zou.

Why would the Whitebeard Pirates and/or Marco be on Zou? It's because of Kaido, who is stationed on Zou doing very evil things to the Mink Tribe, perhaps even making SAD out of them so it can be made into artificial Zoan types. It's hard to gauge, but as everyone seen in the recent chapter, Zou is EMPTY. Where is all the Minks at?

...But what if there was more to it than that? What if there's something Oda is hiding from us like he does every single arc we speculate endlessly about until the thing finishes? Here's what I'm proposing as a possibility: Marco used to be a part of Kaidou's crew.

For one, how strange is it that he's the ONLY Mythical Zoan we know of in the entire series? (Edit: Ignore that, Sengoku. >.>) With the implications that Kaidou is a Chinese Dragon thanks to Momo's comments in Punk Hazard, this suggests to me as well that Kaidou is a Mythical Zoan.

[​IMG]

Secondly, in Chinese mythology, the Phoenix and the Dragon are essentially a pair. In Chinese mythology both make up the Male/Yang (Dragon) and Female/Yin (Phoenix) aspect. Alongside those there is the White Tiger and the Black Turtle that makes up the Four Beasts of Chinese mythology. I believe it's possible Oda might draw inspiration for this just like a lot of other anime/manga do, and Marco would fit the bill.

I also find it strange that Marco was strong enough in Marineford to combat the Admirals himself, which suggests he has a lot more up his sleeve than the average joe, and we're definitely going to see him sometime in the future.

Here's my theory:

Kaidou and Marco ran a crew together in their younger years (like Dorry and Broggy). One was the Chinese Dragon (Yang) and one was the Phoenix (Yin), with a crew full of Zoan users they were some of the strongest pirates in all of the Grand Line. However, Kaidou wanted MORE, and in the process he became this immortal being of some sort. This drove Kaidou MAD, to the point where he started actively trying to commit suicide as well as terrorizing innocent people for shits and giggles. This caused Marco to leave the crew, as his old friend was no longer the same man he was. Eventually, Marco joined up with Whitebeard, who accepted him as "family" despite his connections with Kaidou.

Without the balance of "Yin" to Kaidou's crew, the crew became war-farring centric, with Kaidou's goal to build a huge army for an inevitable war he might even cause himself.

Despite all of this, it's always been Marco's life goal to get Kaidou back on the side of reason. He wants his friend back, even if it took Whitebeard's dominance over him as an Emperor to keep him in line. With Whitebeard out of the picture, however, Marco now is on his own.

Tell me what you guys think. I know this is merely speculation so keep that in mind, lol.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Nice thought, Marco could be there...Oda has surprised us already so much that everything can happen lol. But i don't see Weevil or his mom as the main antagonist...

3. uTopia D. LighT

uTopia D. LighT

Bounty Points:
    Well done ! Yeah imo WB's crew is split like Roger's : D
    Hope there's one of them :3

Gotta catch'em all likes this.
  4. Red gunner

Red gunner

Bounty Points:
    Woah you just dropped some bombshells over here!! :eek: I don't think Marco was with Kaido though.

minions and Gotta catch'em all like this.
  5. Mugiwara Kun

Mugiwara Kun

Bounty Points:
    No. Marco and Kaido aren't crew mates. It's impossible given we know Marco is a fairly new pirate because when Shanks met up with WB, he didn't know who Marco was. If he was with Kaido as you said, and part of one of the strongest crew, then Shanks would know him and wouldn't be like "Oh, so you're Marco" also, I doubt Marco is in Zou. I do realise the need for fans to see him again and how all the other WB division captains are doing but no.

I do agree on the part that Kaido is using the Mink men and that's why the whole town is empty. I don't agree he's using them as a source for his Zoan army but he might be using them as slaves like DD used the tontattas and Enel used the sky people. Probably has them working behind the shadows

Abdoulhay and Gotta catch'em all like this.
  6. Big One

Big One

Bounty Points:
    I don't think Shanks was implying he didn't know who Marco was. In fact, the fact that he even mentioned his name means he knew very well who he was by his reputation of being in Whitebeard's crew.

With that being said Marco was with Whitebeard's crew likely as a commander while Shanks was a mere cabin boy on Roger's ship (remember Shiki and Whitebeard's meeting?). It's possible Shanks only knows of Marco as being a part of Whitebeard's crew only.

7. Marco. D. Sabo

Marco. D. Sabo

Bounty Points:
    Nice theory I believed Weevil/Weeble was on Zou in that panel and it would explain why Zou is empty and why Shanks made it seem like Marco wasn't one of the first members of the WB Pirates but then again Shanks could have know he was he didn't make it seem like Marco was the newest members of the WB Pirates . Plus Marco seems to be around Shanks age maybe a bit older so it could be possible for Marco to have been on Kaido's Crew but wouldn't Marco, WB or the WB Pirates would mention Marco being on another yonko's crew. Unless Marco didn't mention to the WB pirates . Who knows anything can happen but again nice theory.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  8. Tefenut

Tefenut

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

Say what whippersnapper!?
    [​IMG]

9. Big One

Big One

Bounty Points:
    Lol you got me!

Still, Buddha, Dragon, Phoenix. Come on that's some straight up Asian culture references out the wazoo.

10. Mugiwara Kun

Mugiwara Kun

Bounty Points:
    That's impossible. Shanks and Marco should be roughly the same age or Shanks being older. Doubt Marco was was commander in WB crew when Shanks was just a cabin boy. I think Marco joined the crew a whole lot later than that.

Abdoulhay and Gotta catch'em all like this.
  11. PTNEtheory

PTNEtheory

Bounty Points:
    from the back Weeble looks like he could be the son of shiki the golden lion, his beard and his strength does remind me of WB. so maybe hes a genetic mix of two somehow could be possible. but its far fetched i know.

12. Gotta catch'em all

Gotta catch'em all

Bounty Points:
    Pretty good thoughts there. I'm pretty sure if Marco is on zou he's be in his zoan-human state to blend in with the minks. The only part I don't get is Weevil being there because that is unlikely as another warlord fight straight after the last one is unlikely.

13. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Pretty good theory. I can see Weeble being at Zou, the guy is a walking disaster leaving destruction in his wake so there should be a good chance that he is the guy who left those trails. Marco used to pirate with Kaido? That caught me by surprise but your reasoning makes it seem plausible.

14. Gambia's Grandma

Gambia's Grandma

Bounty Points:
    The whale tree also reminded me of the Moby Dick, the ship the white beard pirates resided in so that could be a clue to the fact they are now residing on Zou

15. Genius

Genius

Bounty Points:
    What if the yonko / daoist 4 beasts parallels is more like: vermillion bird = shanks

16. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    Nice! I wouldnt be surprised if weevil has already reached there that fast, and im looking forward to seeing the Marco fight ohh yeah

17. Putu

Putu

Bounty Points:
    Nice caught, see Marco already have his pirates (the mark on his body). That just tattoo or his pirates himself before he joining the WB pirates ?
    Try to catch Marco past, what mark is on Marco body and combine with this theory it would be fit, I think.

18. Big One

Big One

Bounty Points:
    I actually wanted to do this but I couldn't find anything.

I'm thinking either Marco used to be with Kaidou's crew or Kaidou was part of Whitebeard's. Either way if Weevil going to be in the bigger Kaidou arc it does make sense to include Marco as well somehow or another, even if it's just a fighting role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice