Current Events Zoro & Ebisu

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Spike Spiegel, Jan 18, 2019.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Bounty Points:
    So the town of Ebisu uses their last provisions to give Zoro a cup of water.

Obviously they have none left for themselves as their wells are dry. Yet they still smile despite their situation.

Where do you think Oda is going with this? How will Zoro repay them? Will Zoro smile as the Ebisu people do when he faces something insurmountable? Did you get the feels as I did?

RZ.119, Sir Xu, Suuuuper and 11 others like this.
  2. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    Slice a big hole in ebisu town, creating a ton of groundwater form a lake

CAPTAIN KHAN, RZ.119 and Redboy like this.
  3. SurgeonOfDeath

SurgeonOfDeath

Bounty Points:
    I feel like the purpose of the Ebisu arc is to both continue to show the vast contrast in Wano between the upper and lower classes, as well as a means to introduce Zoro to the "Witching Hour Boy", who is likely one of the 3 samurai or Killer.

RZ.119, Sir Xu, Ivan Zonder and 9 others like this.
  4. GuWop

GuWop

Bounty Points:
    Why is this a seperate thread...? Can't you just talk about it in the chapter thread O_o

martoha likes this.
  5. Tora

Tora

Bounty Points:
    We still don't know enough about them.. Some say that they're fake

6. Foxykunoichi

Foxykunoichi

Bounty Points:
    I wonder if there's a link between them and that Kamuro girl Toko.

RZ.119, Sir Xu, Redboy and 6 others like this.
  7. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    I think it's pretty clear those villagers have an ulterior motive. They could be cannibals. Either way I think it's something similar to Whiskey Peak.

CAPTAIN KHAN, RUIYO and MONET like this.
  8. kos

kos

Bounty Points:
    It definitely has some Whiskey Peak vibes... But this time he might go along with it, if it means the town gets some kind of payment/food for him. Cause Ebisu is just really pitiful.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  9. Mr. Bushido

Mr. Bushido

Bounty Points:
    Ebisu the Japanese god of fisherman and luck and also known as the 'Laughing God'...

A town full of laughter and cheer...

Over 3 years ago, the colorspread of Chapter 784 sparked a whole lot of Zoro theories.

Many claimed it was foreshadowing for something to happen to Zoro in Chapter 944.

Now in the arc of the Samurai, we are only 14 chapters away from that chapter.

"El que rie ultimo, rie mejo" - He who laughs last, laughs best

^ Is supposedly the saying on the back of Zoro's t-shirt.

Ebisu is about to be very interesting for our marimo swordsman.
    [​IMG]

Anasui, RZ.119, Sir Xu and 25 others like this.
  10. psychicsearcher

psychicsearcher

Bounty Points:
    Lol, how will Zoro repay them?

He beats Orochi, that's how he will do it.

RZ.119 likes this.
  11. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    Otoko is the person who i can think about. Oda is making people be aware of a three sword Ronin. Pretty sure its the path to becoming the legend of wano

RZ.119, YoungCoby, RUIYO and 2 others like this.
  12. Rivaille

Rivaille

Bounty Points:
    I guess Oda is sticking with the « wandering Ronin » trope. Therefore the villagers will either try to pay him for him to do something or something will happen to them and Zoro will act to repay they kindness (while saying he is no hero). The said something will probably have something to do with the witching hour boy and probably lead to Zoro fighting Orochi :blobthink:

13. The Curly Haired Ninja

The Curly Haired Ninja

Bounty Points:
    Shit. That's some good foreshadowing.

RZ.119, JioFreed, Hades and 3 others like this.
  14. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    They’ve mentioned Zoro’s swords thrice since he arrived in the town... And then they say that they are affiliated with the Witching hour boy who is a thief... And then Yasu’s big flex is that he’s a “sweet talker”... Nope, these guys are out to steal Shusui

vikas and Friend A like this.
  15. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    Smiling in the face of adversity, sounds like quite a few characters we know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Said it before, I'm betting on Ebisu being an actual person in the One Piece universe, and just so happens to be locked away in that cell in Kaido's prison.

Also betting he looks very similar to this one notoriously ugly hero from the famed mangaka Leiji Matsumoto's classic space-opera works -Galaxy 999, Pirate Queen Emeraldas, and Captain Harlock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The character in question would be Tochiro Oyama, the consummate never-say-die genius hero with an indominable will and unyielding optimism that captured the hearts of coolest of the cool space-pirate heroes Emeraldas ( got her to fall deeply in love with him ) and bestie4life and beyond Captain Harlock. But like many of Leiji's blue collar protags, he was often drawn under Matsumoto's pen as some blobby, dwarvish mockery of a human being with a hideously toothy grin haha

http://tokinowa.wikia.com/wiki/Tochiro_Oyama

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pirate_Captain_Harlock

http://tokinowa.wikia.com/wiki/Emeraldas

I feel comfortable in postulating that Tochiro is probably one of Oda's favorite characters of all time, and one whose influence will be felt very heavily throughout the plot. I expect the captain of the Rocks will be revealed to be a Jaguar D. Saul sized version of him as well, wearing a Roc ( those birds Chopper came across in Torino )

So yeah, I'm expecting Zoro to continue playing the part of the stoic, scarred "one-eyed" badass who's surprisingly charmed by the affable, if physically decrepit small folk of Ebisu and their patron.

On a related note, the possible Leiji Matsumoto connection may lend some weight to the idea that the Witching Hour Boy is Killer. Afterall, it's already pointed out that Oda most likely based Killer's look on Daft Punk. And it just so happens that Matsumoto worked on Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem - a collab film pairing Leiji's unique artistic vision with the music of Daft Punk's second studio album, Discovery.

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstella_5555:_The_5tory_of_the_5ecret_5tar_5ystem

Last but not least, I'm sure some of us are already aware as to which Captain Harlock character Oda based Lucky Roux of the Red Hair Pirates' design on, amirite?

RZ.119, Ryo Ren and Zoro Compass like this.
  16. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    whiskey Peak 2.0. Though i am thinking more with regards with O-toko who was most definitely a resident of this town too.

17. Sanji W. Smoke

Sanji W. Smoke

Bounty Points:
    I agree. Tho i can't think of How Zoro will repay the debt, bt feel like he will help em by some point in Wano. Maybe he will also have his fan following by end of this arc like Usopp n Franky had in DR.

Anyway presently i think this subplot will be related to Witching hour boy or the blueprints of Orochi Castle. Lets see where Oda is heading with Zoro.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 18, 2019 ---
    One weird thought, i feel like this Yosu guy could actually be the Witching hour boy. Anyway true or not i definitely see Zoro interacting with him soon

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Nessos likes this.
  18. Jo_Ndule

Jo_Ndule

Bounty Points:
    ...he fights denjuro
    then they fights orochi men

19. Tiago

Tiago

Bounty Points:
    I am loving the side story with Zoro being left alone with his own Wano adventure. Many people forgets how kind Zoro actually is, he is not a ruthless egocentric and egoistic demon, he actually cares for other people's well being.

So, I think that Oda is trying to build up a pretty solid storyline for Zoro's act, as a reminder that he is the second protagonist of the story

20. Cyrus the Cactus

Cyrus the Cactus

Bounty Points:
    To be fair, the townspeople are talking about him using 3 swords as if it was an oddity. Something Ryuma did as well (he asked if Zoro’s 3 sword style was a circus act).

Sir Xu, tyranno, MONET and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice