Powers & Abilities Will Gear 4 get a 4th form?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Paperchampion23, Feb 16, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23

Bounty Points:
    Figure I'd start a thread on this since its probably going to be a huge debate soon.

Anyway.....

Gear 4th's forms and appearance directly coincide with their attributes it looks like. Its definitely been discussed before BUT I think Luffy will get another form.

Why?

To make things clearer, lets go over Boundman.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    While its not specifically obvious with this one, Boundman's haki technically covers Luffy's entire body, as seen by all 3 pictures. I now believe Boundman to be the all around G4 type, where Power=Defense=Speed. This form is entirely "Balanced", in which in all instances G4 has shown to be strong, fast and has high defensive capabilities (as shown by the pic above). It however, may not be the best at any of the 3.

The rest I consider "Unbalanced" with some reasons given below.

Tankman:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tankman seemingly focuses on staying stationary and utilizing muscle balloon in a way that turns major defense into an offense by counter attacking. The lack of haki in the legs leads me to believe that it is nothing special in the speed department. So something along the lines of Defense>Power=Speed or Defense>Power>Speed

We also know that this isn't the true form of Tankman since Luffy calls out "full version" immediately after. I'm sure we'll see the regular version in another situation.

Lastly (for now):
    [​IMG]

As stated by Luffy in this very chapter, Speed seems to take priority here, but perhaps focusing a bit on power as well, while entirely lacking defense (no haki in the torso). It also seemingly adds Gear 2 properties to the attacks ("Jet Culverin", etc) on top of original moves ("Black Mamba" and "King Cobra") So possibly: Speed>Power>Defense or Speed>Power=Defense

So getting to my point I think there may be a "Powerman" at some point in the future. A form that entirely sacrifices defenses and speed for raw power. Boundman may seem like it is the raw power form, but it does give power to speed and defense as well. Another particular note is that Boundman and Tankman, while huge like Gear 3, do not actually combine Muscle Balloon with Bone Balloon. Snakeman just added "Jet" and potentially "Hawk/Eagle" (we'll see how if he does use it in this form) to G4's arsenal, perhaps Gigant/Elphant/Grizzly attack names get added to a power form that utilize stronger versions of Kong Gun, etc..

Anyway, perhaps there are only 3 forms and I'm wrong or perhaps there are even more variations of the 3 attributes. We probably wouldn't find out this fight anyway. Just wanted to start the conversation.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Kaizosekai

Kaizosekai

Bounty Points:
    Probably a fourth form for G4 called Lionman, and its main attribute is raw power.

Namulith, Redx, joby and 9 others like this.
  3. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23

Bounty Points:
    I like it, sounds catchy already

joby likes this.
  4. Deleted member 25938

Deleted member 25938 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Yes but only one more. Something that focusses on immense power with the sacrifice of speed and mobility. Maybe it would be used to take out one of the calamities or be used for his battle with Kaido. The Beast Pirates don't seem like fast movers really, just brute strength.

5. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23

Bounty Points:
    Thats mainly what I'm thinking. While CoO/Future Sight, Better Armament Haki, and Awakening are the next logical steps for Luffy to improve, I see a power form coming before any of that.

6. Shichika

Shichika

Bounty Points:
    It's possible if he fight against someone who have advance CoA like yonko or something below, for now when he fight against kata lvl, i think KKG is enough to do the final blow

7. Ryuarashi

Ryuarashi

Bounty Points:
    Other than normal tankman, No

Thats poundman

SanjiKun likes this.
  8. psychicsearcher

psychicsearcher

Bounty Points:
    I don't think so.

Snakeman is the skinny version of boundman, while tank man is the fat version of it, basically their the extreme opposites of bound man.

How would the 4th version look like? Fat, but not as fat as tank man version of G4?

I think Luffy should master these forms, learn how to transition from one version to the other & lose the timelimit & develop new & stronger attacks ofc.

9. Shichika

Shichika

Bounty Points:
    How about Pandaman? :rofl:

joby, Crumpington and Frobenius like this.
  10. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23

Bounty Points:

But its not though. Boundman does not sacrifice anything for Raw power. It has pretty good defense (against Doflamingo at least) and speed, but neither work against Katakuri. There was a reason Luffy needed to transform to Snakeman to match his speed.

Boundman also uses Culverin, a staple Technique of Snakeman, so it wouldn't be unheard of for a 4th form to take move's from Boundman and "enhance" them.

joby likes this.
  11. Shichika

Shichika

Bounty Points:
    This
    But i think it's better idea than having g5, g6 and so on for top tier enemy.

joby and psychicsearcher like this.
  12. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23

Bounty Points:

I was thinking a slow, much more top heavy looking form. Looks similar to Boundman but lacks Haki in the legs and torso.

Edit: Basically this: [​IMG]

lol

13. RED RYNO 64

RED RYNO 64

Bounty Points:
    i see the different g4 form stats like this
    Bound man:balance
    tank man:
    A:good
    D:great
    S: reaally bad
    snake man
    A: ok
    D:bad
    S:great
    4th form/power man
    A:great
    D:good
    S: ok

14. Ryuarashi

Ryuarashi

Bounty Points:
    He sacrifices mobility, versatility and control.

Based on the fight vs Cracker I wouldn't call that good defense but as you mentioned thats vs Dolfamingo. Good defense vs weakers CoA users. It is also surprising Dolfamingo was even able to land a hit in the first place.

Because he doesn't have enough speed and versatility to handle Katakuri's CoO and speed. Which in you said earlier that Luffy is not sacrificing anything for Raw power in Boundman (not true)

15. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23

Bounty Points:

Well thats my point. IMO he's not really sacrificing anything for it and seems pretty versatile. In yours he is sacrificing something for it and is not versatile. We won't know until it either happens or it doesn't but thats why I made the thread lmao.

16. Ziki

Ziki

Bounty Points:
    I like the idea of slower G4 form that focus on raw power. Something like G4 with hands as big as in King Kong Gun at all time. Basically G3 of the gear 4.

Redx and highflying like this.
  17. Ryuarashi

Ryuarashi

Bounty Points:
    Can't see Boundman doing well vs someone that Luffy will not easily defeat.

He's very opened, just bouncing around. If he doesn't slaughter his opponent like vs Dolfamingo he has a lot of avenues where he can be exploited

18. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    This is highly likely
    I like it

19. spikybeard

spikybeard

Bounty Points:
    well we still haven't seen tankmans normal form. that may be the power and defence form. a normal attack defeated cracker.

PurplePandaSage22 likes this.
  20. Monkey D Junior

Monkey D Junior

Bounty Points:
    Lmao

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice