Discussion Why did Jōichirō Yukihira not graduate?

Discussion in 'Shokugeki No Soma' started by Soma, May 15, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The could be more to it, it might be a hint in the future.

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Probably had something to do with either Souma or his wife. He most likely lost the will to continue in the school and needed some time to lay low or something. Either that or he just got bored and dropped out xD

Soma likes this.
  2. Devil

Devil

Bounty Points:
    not possible as azami is pissed he is saying that academy and japanese food organizations targeted him and destroyed him

Soma likes this.
  3. Fire_Fist_Recca

Fire_Fist_Recca

Bounty Points:
    Imo Joicchiro did not graduate because he got married to Soma's mother at the young age when he was still at the totsuki, remember what he says after his phone call to Soma, he wanted to give soma some advice about cooking but soma suddenly ended the call and joichio said after that the soma must find the girl that he wanted to cook to. maybe joichiro found that girl at totsuki or maybe he helped that girl and got involved in Shokugeki.

Soma likes this.
  4. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    Ahahaha, Well that's what I said in the first page I made two theories

Fire_Fist_Recca likes this.
  5. Fire_Fist_Recca

Fire_Fist_Recca

Bounty Points:
    ahahah sorry dude, I didn't know you have 2 theories in this thread.

Maybe the main reason why he didn't graduated is because of his dream. he got bored to totsuki then started to travel all around the world to find the "All Blue". :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Soma likes this.
  6. Taiga Yang

Taiga Yang

Bounty Points:
    Well I'm guessing either of the two scenarios happened:

1. Joichiro fell in love with Somas mother and decided to elope instead of finishing his studies
    2. Azami did something that resulted in his expulsion

Soma likes this.
  7. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    Wait the question is, does Totsuki allow students to have relationship?

8. Devil

Devil

Bounty Points:
    Eloping why would he elope and even if he eloped why would they not give him job in whole japanese food industry. so eloping is out of question. it does not fit the story and plot
    hmm this one we can think about but Azami never says or feel regret or pain from which we can conclude that Joichiro was the never kicked out because what azami did, and also try paying attention to fumios words when azami visits polar star dormitory.

Shokugeki does not make sense especially over a girl. Even if he got involved in shokugeki. Words said by fumio and Azami completely contradict what you saying

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  9. Fire_Fist_Recca

Fire_Fist_Recca

Bounty Points:
    I think Shokugeki make sense over a girl, remember what Soma did to Todokoro? Todokoro will about to be expelled but Soma ask for Shokugeki to save her Expulsion.

10. Taiga Yang

Taiga Yang

Bounty Points:
    Its a wild guess on my part. This series is quite unpredictable so anything could happen.
    I agree it doesnt seem to have much sense at first but i still see theres a slim chance of it happening.

11. iTheBrian

iTheBrian

Bounty Points:
    Well first of all, Erina's God tongue is a title given to the "best palate" in world right? And it was stated that whoever's food she said was bad would have no place in the culinary world. So what if Erina's ability came from her unnamed mother? Her mother could have had the God tongue before her and she inherited her sense of taste and cultivated it from young. This links back to Joichiro in the school days when he would have shokugekis and not take them seriously. One of those battles could have been with Erina's mother. And when his food was deemed unworthy, he was shunned from the japanese food industry and had to travel around the world to make a name for himself.

12. Devil

Devil

Bounty Points:
    Why would Erina be so close to joichiro also his grandfather and also her father. I do think it has to do with Erina's mother or soma mother or both erina and soma's mom can be one lmao.

I can say this that it seems to have something to do with women now which woman is it or Women lmao

in kind of way you can be right but words said by azami and fumio and dojima keep throwing me off from that track

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  13. iTheBrian

iTheBrian

Bounty Points:
    Maybe by getting the approval of the current god tongue, the previous judgement could be overwritten? Could be why he said he wont tell her his name until she becomes a famous chef or sth. And Senzaemon knows his true abilities so he doesn't shun him but has no authority to override the decision of the god tongue. But then again, i'm just speculating with the current information we are given :/

14. Marshall D. Usopp

Marshall D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    Erin's father sought a sort of revenge on Joichiro's behalf (or on him), and his plan was to take control of the school and make changes. I think that school politics led to his dropout, or possibly a scandal with the nakiri family. I think that his expulsion/drop out are linked with Erin's father's expulsion.
    Erin's father is is to allow everyone the possibility to learn the "best" recipes (albeit, he is taking away freedom of exploration and expression). This directly goes against what Joichiro stands for, so I think the two of them had a shokugeki.

That 'gift' was forced upon her by her father. The palate was trained, not inherited.

15. iTheBrian

iTheBrian

Bounty Points:
    hmm, all i remember was that as a baby, she had a really sensitive tongue and her father trained her after that. So while training had something to do with her current ability, i do believe that she had to be born with something more in order for her to achieve her current status.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Could be a number of reasons really. Could have to do with Soma's mother. Could also be that he already achieved everything that the Academy had to offer. Who knows..

17. rominmusa

rominmusa

Bounty Points:
    i agree with you

18. Devil

Devil

Bounty Points:
    so jouichiro basically did not graduate for simple reason that is he got tired of all the things on in the school and he left the school. Nobody kicked him out azami was complete bs that he was taking revenge or something on behalf of jouichiro

so dizzybrows was right on why jouichoro left he academy

19. Lothar1399

Lothar1399

Bounty Points:
    Why did Saiba not graduate?
    Do you agree?
    Yes.

20. haihaig

haihaig

Bounty Points:
    I think he wanted to surpass his potential and do what he wanted/ Hence, opening a restaurant and all.

Lothar1399 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice