Discussion Whose side is Zeke really on?

Discussion in 'Attack On Titan' started by TMWRS, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:

Share This Page

?

Whose side is Zeke really on?

1. Liberio

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Paradis

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Eren but not Paradis

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Himself

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. The Eldian Race as a whole

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    In the Marley Arc many have speculated that Eren and Zeke have been working together and while he does have moments of suspicion like the time he changed a topic of conversation between himself and Colt or him walking away from the festival, Chapter 102 kind of makes it less likely but does not yet completely disprove the notion that Zeke might be on the same side as Eren.

While Pieck's reaction to Zeke's entrance could indicate that she is suspicious of him, I think it's just a fairly standard reaction considering her personality. I think it might indicate that she is wondering where Zeke was and what he was doing while she and Porco were trapped, but not necessarily, I think you're working with the Devils of Paradis Island.

We know that Zeke is publicly on the side of Marley/Liberio but in actuality, I myself believe that he is actually on his own side and I believe that he has been loyal to himself since the time he turned his parents and the Eldian Restorationists to the Public Security Authorities. We have to remember that Zeke is pretty much the only Eldian to have both Eldian (Restorationist) and Marleyean propaganda deeply ingrained into him and because of that, he is more immune to the brainwashing than most other Eldians living in the Liberio Internment Zone though he will say the occasional devils of Paradis Island thing from time to time. And if there's anyone Zeke hates more than the Walldians, it would be his father, Grisha Yeager, and he would be quite justified considering that Grisha forced his beliefs onto Zeke and never really gave him the chance to be a normal child.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Draco likes this.
  2. Draco

Draco

Bounty Points:
    Zeke is probably a temporary ally of Eren (and perhaps even Paradise). He came in contact with him in previous chapters. For example, in one chapter we see Zeke playing baseball and 2-3 pages after Eren has a ball and a baseball's glove in his hand saying that his family gave it to him. Also he had told him during the battle of Shiganshina:"Eren someday, I'll come save you". And he can save him here. Just touch Eren with his Beast Titan form and the little brother could use the Coordinate.

And he can also be with Paradise (temporarily also). He wasn't in the trap with Pieck and Porco. He encouraged Reiner to follow Falco ect... And when he joined the battle, the SC didn't seem too surprised to see him... Jean said: "it's coming... the beast titan". Looks like they're waiting for him. Levi don't seem angry to see him, just annoyed (bored to work with the guy who killed Erwin).

He also hid from Mahr the fact that he had royal blood (and Magath is suspicious of him in addition to Pieck).

This guy has his own goals, he's an opportunist.

I'd like to see him blow up Pieck and Porco's skull next month :cigar:

Kuroh and TMWRS like this.
  3. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    He's been quite Shady lately, so i think he is either on Paradis' side or Has his own agenda..

I feel like he is setting a trap for the other shifters, making them blindly attack Paradisians like that, after he Saw what Levi and Mikasa can do...

One thing is clear - somebody NEEDS to take care of Pieck Asap.

Fist_of_Love and TMWRS like this.
  4. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    'Eren Yeager is not my enemy; too bad that it's you. Come out, Levi!'

Based on what Zeke said in 103, he isn't on the side of Paradis but he could be on the side of Eren Yeager.

5. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    I feel like Zeke feels that eren is another victim of their Father and wants to save him somehow. Too bad his methods of saving Eren are destroying everything and everyone he values.

Kuroshika, Fist_of_Love and Kuroh like this.
  6. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    It looks like Chapter 105 all but confirms the answer to this pressing question.

Draco likes this.
  7. HORTLE

HORTLE

Bounty Points:
    he's desperately trying to find a way that Eldians can live in the world without being feared or persecuted. So I guess you could say he's on Eldia's side (in the purest sense)

8. Deleted member 28749

Deleted member 28749 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Hard to say considering how Marley Govt have been declining in power across the globe with all advance weapon outpacing the titan shifter . Zeke changed his stand of supporting Marley he knows most of the war are needless and pain considering he has no desire or something .

Does he really care about Eren maybe he does . Since they are family . I would say Zeke is an extremist kind very unbalanced person to ally with . Eren is same type of person who looks for chaos this seems perfect fit the yeager boys love all chaos and fun . Maybe Zeke is just adventorus he doesn't care a shit what happen whether eldian or marley wins he probably allies with none . I would say he has no ideology of sort the way he has been shown .

However I do think his brotherly love for eren seems genuine considering how lonely he has been in that military service for years . I would say most likely he would ally with eren in what ever scheme he will make .

9. HORTLE

HORTLE

Bounty Points:
    You guys see the new chapter? First time we see normal Marleyans and Paradisians interact. Cool stuff, but Eren's character progression has me a bit miffed.

10. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    To sell out one's own parents for the sake achieving the same (in general) goals as them can be seen as cold for a negative perspective or intelligent from a positive perspective.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 8, 2018 ---
    So is Zeke genuinely on Eren's side or is he manipulating him for his own purposes?

11. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    More like Regression really. I can't help but think Zeke is manipulating Eren. As Eren said Zeke knows much more than other marleyans (i wonder what is so interesting in that Book he always reads), he might have found a way to control other titan shifters trough paths without the coordinate. Him and Eren say the same things and have the same mannerisms. I think it is suspicious. I think Zeke is double crossing Everyone and i am excited to see how it will turn out in the end.

Fist_of_Love and TMWRS like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice