Discussion Who will take out the enemy states Great Generals?

Discussion in 'Kingdom' started by Zephyr, Feb 3, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    Chinese name of KouYoku is Xiang Yi. I guess that's where the confusion comes from. Actual history shows Xiang Xi has just born now.

• [*]Xiang Yan fought Shin & beat him.
      [*]Xiang Liang lead rebellion against Qin. He was son of Xiang Yan.
      [*]Xiang Liang's brother Xiang Cho had a son named Xiang Yu.
      [*]Xiang Yu was also a rebel against Qin.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. MONET

MONET

Bounty Points:
    http://www.chinaknowledge.de/History/Han/personsxiangliang.html

Xiang Yan 項燕 (died 223 BCE) was a general of the state of Chu 楚 during the very late Warring States period 戰國 (5th cent.-221). In 224 the king and eventual First Emperor of Qin 秦始皇 (r. 246-210) dispatched general Li Xin 李信 to invade Chu. Xiang Yan on his side avoided battle but instead attacked the Qin commandery Nanyang 南陽 (modern Jiangling 江陵, Hubei). He then enthroned the Lord of Changping 昌平君 as king of Jing 荊 (i.e. Chu; about the Lord, virtually nothing is known). A year later, he lost the battle of Shouchun 壽春 (modern Shouxian 壽縣, Anhui) against the Qin general Wang Jian 王翦 and withdrew to Qinan 蘄南 (modern Suzhou 宿州, Anhui), where he was killed in battle.

Xiang Liang 項梁 (d. 208) was a rebel leader against the Qin dynasty 秦 (221-206). He came from Xiaxiang 下相 (modern Suqian 宿遷, Jiangsu ) and was the son of general Xiang Yan 項燕, a military leader of the Warring States period kingdom of Chu.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    I asked the guy who translates information related to Kingdom from Chinese & he confirmed it.

@Marcusx8 was half- correct. It was KouEn and SHK that defeated Shin not KouYoku. But KouYoku is a fictional character. He wasn't the one who defeated Qin after the unification.

Anyway, my list now has to change. I still want Shin to have some success in Chu. But I can't find a GG level opponent for him. In addition I have no idea whether or not KouEn is a martial or strategical general & who will fight him if he is the former (Some accounts claimed that KouEn committed suicide after his defeat) . So for now I will shelf that idea. So with that in mind,

Tou Vs Karin.
    Shin Vs One of Karin's General.

OuSen Vs KouEn
    MouBu Vs ShouHeiKun..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2018 ---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all there remain a severe lack of Great Genrals in other kingdoms. Especially in Chu. Despite being the biggest state of all they only have 2 GG. They should have at least had one more.

Wei has two GG. As I said in another thread Hara took out Earl Shi way too early. Despite being a GG, Gaimou doesn't have any General of his own. His position is more like as deputy of GoHouMei. So there probably won't be any individual campaign against GaiMou army.

Han probably doesn't even have a GG. While Yan only has one notable GG but he is scrub compared to other states GG. Qi probably also does have just one.

Hara should have introduced 3 GG (Han & Qi could have had 2) for each state before the current campaign started.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    BossYimz likes this.
  4. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    That is because Qin is a superpower and the strongest.
    Chu is the second strongest and is also a superpower.
    Those 2 are the only superpowers
    So it makes sense for Qin to have more great generals than the rest
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 11, 2018 ---
    So Kou En + SHK defeated Shin
    Kou Yoku is in Karin's army right now.
    Shin vs Kou Yoku. That is the great general Shin will defeat in Chu. By the time he gets there, both will be great generals.
    So this still leave Moubu vs Kou En as a posibility

5. Marcusx8

Marcusx8

Bounty Points:
    We didn’t see all the other states have to offer. Didn’t you hear each state has a hidden monsters.

6. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    Beating hidden monster doesn't help when you are trying to make a name for yourself.

Even though Chu is a super state they only have two GG at the moment. Too low a number for a state of that size.

I don't see KouYoku becoming a GG. He won't be going through the grueling test Shin will be going through to become a GG. As he is part of Karin army he will probably be taken out in the same war as Karin will be beat.

That said I would prefer if Chu produces another GG for Shin to beat.

7. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Same here, Kou Yoku though has insane potential. Him stalemating Tou for a whole day is akin to Shin holding off Gyoun for a whole day don't you think? And he did that like 5 years ago during the coalition war.

8. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    If am not mistaken, Kou Yoku wants to become a great general.
    Chu will be among the last stated Qin takes out.
    So, by then I believe Kou Yoku will be a great general.

9. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    I am not denying KouYoku has potential or that he wants to become a GG.

What I am saying is that as we know Chu military goes through more grueling test than any other military to become a GG. If KouYoku had to go through same level of ordeal as Sin & the others then I would have no doubt that he would become GG.

But now he is part of Karin army that's facing MouBu without actually doing anything while on the other hand Qin's new generation will be thrown into battle against different enemies almost every year. KouYoku simply doesn't have the same opportunity as others to climb up the rank.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  10. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    but wasn't he promoted to 5000 man general during the coalition arc.
    So that means he was already above the Qin ne gen guys when it comes to promotion.
    Shin only got promoted to 5000 man commander, 2 years after Kou Yoku,
    I don't think he has just been chilling ever since the coalition arc. He is probably also fighting.
    Is Chu not fighting any state at the moment?

11. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    OuHon & MouTen were also promoted to 5K commander during coalition arc. Duke gave Shin command of additional 1000 man troops during that war also.

Battlefield promotion doesn't stick for the long term.

As far as we know they aren't.

12. Marcusx8

Marcusx8

Bounty Points:
    According to the guidebook it stuck for KouYoku

13. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    I would like Shin to fight against GaiMou army after he becomes General.

30-40K HSU vs 50k-60K GaiMou army would be totally lit.

That's odd. Anyway if Hara really wants to play it that way...........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice