Discussion Who is the traitor? What is Nedzu's plan?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Hero Sanji, Jul 4, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Who is the traitor?

1. Someone out of the teacher's

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. Someone out of the pussy cat's

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Someone out of the class 1-A

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  4. Someone out of the class 1-B

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. Someone else (please explain in the thread below why you think so)

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    I love traitor plots! Okay let's see:

1.) It has to be someone we know to a certain degree already. Someone suggested it could be a teacher/student we haven't seen yet, but that would be a poor move, as the revelation of an unknown person as traitor would have no effect on the readers whatsoever. Same goes for someone we have seen / know the name of, but who barely has any screentime or who was just recently introduced with little importance. The revelation of the traitor must shock (not a Kaminari reference) the readers! So lots of teachers (e.g. Blood King, or Hound Dog or Power Loader) and also the Pussycat heroes are out of the question.

2.) It's most likely a student. Why not a teacher? Simply because the traitor, whoever it is, will be used as a story-element to create even more drama between the students of Class A and the League of Villains (LoV). It's not the teachers who are the focus of the LoV, but the students! What good would e.g. Ectoplasm be as a traitor? Sure it would shock the readers, but any further than that? The students, especially the protagonists (Deku, Bakugo & Co.) have no special relationship to Ectoplasm (and most other teachers) at all, so the only drama that would be created would be between the U.A. teachers and the LoV. But that was never the focus, even in the slightest. The focus was always U.A. students vs. the LoV, so I would bet that whoever turns out to be the traitor, he will only increase the drama between the students and the LoV, the drama between Deku and Tomura. That only works if a student is the traitor, because then Deku & Co. would be shocked as much as the readers, they'd feel responsible and betrayed, they'd try to bring the traitor "back to the good side" (yes I'm looking at you, Obi Wan & Anakin). If the traitor is some random teacher, e.g. Midnight or Present Mic, what would Deku & Co. have of that? Not much. But if they're betrayed by one of their friends??? THAT has a narrational & symbolical value. The only teachers who are exceptions here would be All Might (duh), Aizawa (duh²), maayyybee Present Mic (he's a suspect) and Nedzu the principal (he's still a suspect). But Present Mic distrusts the students (which I think is correct) and Nedzu was shown to try and find the traitor, so for now, I dont think it's either of them, even though they're on the suspect list.

3.) It's gotta be someone the casual reader doesn't have on the radar to begin with. As said earlier, the traitor reveal should come as a shock, and that doesn't work if it's a student who always shined negatively to begin with, that's why:
    3.1) It's not Shinso (Brainwash Quirk, Class C). Shinso was emphasized as being someone with villain vibe who hates that and wants to be a hero instead. If Horikoshi now makes a 180 and reveals Shinso as traitor, that'd make no sense. Plus, he wasn't aware of the forest lodge trip.
    3.2) It's not Neito Monoma (Copy Quirk, Class B). I see his name a lot in this thread, and while I agree that he's suspicious, it's the simple fact that he is exactly that suspicious in an obvious way, that I don't think it's him. If he turns out as traitor, then not only the hardcore analytical fans, but also the standard casual fans will be like "ah that dude? Ja he always seemed suspicious..." and the effect would be underwhelming. Nah, the traitor gotta be someone (at least I hope) who flew under the radar for the casual fan.

Now those are things I find natural. Of course I may be completely wrong, but from a narrating standpoint, I think what I said above makes sense. So now, that leaves the students of Class A & B.

4.) It's not someone from Class B. There are a lot of named students in Class B by now, but apart from Neito, none seems any bit important. Sure there are Shiozaki, Tetsutestu and Kendo, but they're too unimportant (and unknown) to have a real effect if revealed as traitor. I mean more than half of the readers would e.g. have to look up who Shiozaki is, if she was revealed as traitor. That clashes with what I said before.

5.) The traitor is most likely a Class A student. Apart from Nedzu, Present Mic, or Aizawa (well...), only a Class A student has such a big effect on the story if turned out as traitor. Some of them, like Tsuyu or Deku are obvious no's, but some of them, like Sero, Kaminaru, Toru make great traitor candidates. There are lots of Class A students who perfectly fly under the radar, but if traitor, would turn into great dramatic antagonists, with lots of feels for Deku & Co. I don't think anyone of the main students (Iida, Uraraka, Fumikage, Deku, Kacchan, Todoroki, Kirishima, Tsuyu) is the traitor. So that leaves all the remaining, less prominent students:
    • Yuga Aoyama - I doubt it's him. He's a typical funny/goofy/weak character, who'll have his shining moment one day in a positive way, not as traitor.
    • Mina Ashido - Possible, but there's nothing that makes me suspicious of her.
    • Mashirao Ojiro - Same here, we've seen him fight the villains and help Deku, I'd be shocked if it was him (though that would make for a great twist...).
    • Denki Kaminari - Love the idea of him as villain. If his inability is just acting, then he'd make a great antagonist, powerful as well, with a dramatic link to Kacchan. Just one thing though: How is he "a walking GPS"? He could have just used his phone to inform the villains, like any other student. Present Mic didn't create the "students' phone..." cliffhanger for nothing.
    • Koji Koda - He's similar to Denki. Imagine if his non-talking is just an act. He flies completely under the radar, and an animal controlling Quirk can be really powerful in the right situations. Not to mention that the help of animals enables him perfectly to do spying work, like using insects or birds to get certain information (like the teacher's schedule that was stolen)... just saying.
    • Rikido Sato - Sorry, but his Quirk is too boring for him to be a traitor.
    • Mezo Shoji - Could be, but I dunno... he was heavily injured during the forest lodge attack (though maybe that was just to cover up his traitor nature?)...
    • Kyoka Jiro - Possible, not really much to say about her.
    • Hanta Sero - He reminds me too much of a traitor from HxH, so this is just based on appearance. ^^
    • Toru Hagakure - My #1 suspect for now. She flies so perfectly under the radar it's hilarious. And with her Quirk no less, it would feel soooo obvious if revealed (fans would be like: "omg, the invisivle girl, of course..."), it'd be perfect. The main reason I have her over Kaminari as suspect is that she was unconscious in the hospital when Kirishima & Co. planned their raid to free Bakugo, and coincidentally, the LoV didn't know that anything would happen that night... very interesting. Plus she was never seen fighting, her Quirk could possibly allow her to steal valuable information, and she suggested the shopping trip. The suspicion on her is based on "feats", while the suspicion on Kaminari is based on "what if's".
    • Minoru Mineta - He is too much of a joke to take seriously. Kaminari would be strong if just acting, but Mineta? He's weak no matter what... The traitor must make for a good fight later on, and that's not the case with Mineta.
    • Momo Yaoyorozu - Possible, but we've gotten quite a bit of character development from her, Horikoshi has focussed on her self-esteem multiple times, so I really doubt she's the traitor.
    This was fun. :D

tl,dr:

Invisivle Girl > Kaminari > Koda > Nedzu > rest

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Flower, Dragomir and Railgun99 like this.
  2. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    lol

Despite recent developements with Aoyama I still think it's Kaminari. What do you all think of this? Let's start this discussion again now that we have some more material seemingly :D

Dazai likes this.
  3. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    I'm starting to think it's a bitter member of the General Education Departments. Somebody we haven't been introduced to or somebody we've seen every so often on panel but hasn't yet been named

Ravagerblade and Chris Mic like this.
  4. cryhwks

cryhwks

Bounty Points:
    I think it's either Kaminari or the Invisible Girl. But the thing we have to consider, what makes us think it's a single traitor?

Camie likes this.
  5. Ninety Eyes

Ninety Eyes

Bounty Points:
    While I don't mind Aoyama being revealed as the traitor, I think he's a red herring since I'm still hung up on Hagakure being the traitor. Regardless, Horikoshi should do a traitor revelation arc near the end of the year (just so he can create the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers).

Camie and Chris Mic like this.
  6. Echi

Echi

Bounty Points:
    My guess is:
    1. Hitoshi
    2. Neito
    3. Invisible girl

Camie likes this.
  7. Visa

Visa

Bounty Points:
    More than likely its Invisible Girl. The Kaminari theory makes no sense to me.

Flower and Camie like this.
  8. Spectre

Spectre

Bounty Points:
    This thread started 2 years ago and it still hasn't been resolved.. I went and re-read the chapters from 98 til now again this weekend to make sure. And guess what, it hasn't been brought up again. Of course, the arcs have not really allowed for it to come out yet..

But for my guess I agree and think it's Hagakure.

Flower likes this.
  9. Camie

Camie

Bounty Points:
    My money is on invisible girl. They barely do anything with her in both manga and anime. She can easily sneak in and out of any situation.

Flower, playa4321 and Ninety Eyes like this.
  10. Visa

Visa

Bounty Points:
    I still think it's invisible girl.

Flower, playa4321 and Camie like this.
  11. playa4321

playa4321

Bounty Points:
    Yes I think that too, Invisible Girl is possible the traitor..
    But I feel she isnt the only one of them as traitor, I feel their give a second traitor along side with invisible girl...

Flower, Sentinel and Camie like this.
  12. sweetmindpalace

sweetmindpalace

Bounty Points:
    My opinion:

1. I think the traitor is not the teacher, but a student

The reason:
    • As we can see from Ep 9 season 1 and in the manga, Shigaraki Tomura ruins the gate when mass media come to UA. This lead to the commotion where the alarm sound & create panic among students. I think, all of this was instigated so The League of Villains can get the teacher's schedule.
    • For me, it's unlikely the member of The League of Villains itself slips in and stole the schedule. Because the time frame is so fast and I think it's hard to get out. So, there's possibility that the one who stole the schedule is the traitor. The commotion was created so the traitor can easily slips in to the teachers room.
    • It's natural if most of the teachers know about the teacher's schedule. But it seems class 1-A student doesn't really know about their teacher's schedule or where the lesson will be held if it's outside the school, as you can see how they don't have any idea that Thirteen will be one of the teacher when they went for rescue training in USJ. Hence, it's more logical if the traitor who stole the schedule is a student.
    2. I don't think it's a student of class 1-B

Not enough are shown about them until now, so I'm not sure. It might be yes, might be no.

3. I think it's a student of class 1-A.

I want to scream, "No! Just no!" But to be real, having one of class 1-A student as a traitor will have more impact.
    The student which I'm sure is not suspicious for me, are:
    • Deku, Iida, Uraraka, Kirishima, and Kaminari. Why? Because all of them are there in the lunch area when the commotion happens (see my reason in no 1). There's no way they stole the teacher's schedule, right?
    • Bakugou (everyone who have read the manga about the battle with All For One will know).
    The student which suspicious for me are Tooru Hagakure and Aoyama Yuuga.
    The reason:
    • Both of them are not seen when The League of Villains attacks USJ.
    • Tooru Hagakure was unconscious in Forest Training Camp arc. But who knows whether it's just an act or a ploy.
    • Aoyama help to rescue Bakugou and Tokoyami from Mr. Compress, so I'm not really suspicious anymore about him.
    • Tooru Hagakure's ability is the perfect ability to stole the teacher's schedule, as I explain in the reason for no 1.
    Nevertheless, I still have a hunch that the traitor is a male student. Why?
    • In Chapter 73, when Dabi & co come to see the training camp from a far, one of the male student of Class 1-A is not in his futon.
    • I forget where, but in the manga there is a scene where Deku saw Hitoshi Shinshou walking along while talking with Aizawa sensei, and ever since that, I have a feeling that he will transfer from General Course to Hero Course later. This is a reach, but I have a feeling the traitor will be found out & once he/she out, Shinshou will replace him/her as the student of Hero Course.
    • This, somehow make me feel that the traitor is a male student. LMAO. This is just my hunch.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next story!! What do you think will happen in the future?

13. Sniper king ussop

Sniper king ussop

Bounty Points:
    I think aoyama was set up as the traitor to trick up but in truth he isn’t
    Remember a few chapters ago he was seen lurking outside deku window watching him sleep. It was set up that he was the villain but it turned out he was just awkward.

He suffers from social anxiety and just felt deku was the only one who might get him. During those attacks he was just being a coward and I’m not faulting him for that either.

I think the only real possible traitor is the invisible girl because she is the only one who can’t reallt be checked. I don’t even know how she got in because she isn’t strong or anything just invisible.

But even then I don’t want her to be the traitor. I have a hard time really pointing any of them as the traitor because they work so hard to help one another

Flower likes this.
  14. TheAncientCenturion

TheAncientCenturion

Bounty Points:
    I'm putting my money on a teacher or Nedzu. Wasn't it alluded to that the first incident involving the LoV was suspicious as well? And then the attack at the Summer camp?

I'm putting money forward that it's the hyper-intelligent animal and he has his own agenda regarding heroes.

15. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    Nezu himself is the traitor

All for one knew that izuku had inherited one for all and shigaraki knew that all might was getting weaker when he attacked UA.

therefore the traitor has to be somebody who knew that all might gave izuku his quirk. The only people who know about that are Nighteye, healing girl, Nezu, and the police officer(i think). It cant be nighteye and the police officer because they didnt know the location of that summer camp where the villains attacked and kidnapped bakugo.

between nezu and the healing girl, nezu is more mysterious and has a better chance of being a villain

Flower likes this.
  16. Sniper king ussop

Sniper king ussop

Bounty Points:
    The invisible girl is the traitor.
    Look at it this way the heroes counter move.
    Now when all the class mates met up 3 of the students were not there.
    Momo, the punk rock girl and the invisible one.
    Everyone else knew about deku and group going off to save bakugo.
    Now momo later joined the group so she was in on it. The villains did not know what was going on they were not aware of the heroes coming or deku and group going to the warehouse.

If they did they would probably have moved everything.

Nezu knew about the plan as he and the home room teachers were set up as a distraction.

Now the only 2 people who didn’t know about deku or the heroes were the 2 girls were were knocked out in the attack.
    The punk rock girl I don’t think is the villain but the invisible one could be

Flower likes this.
  17. ThunderJack

ThunderJack

Bounty Points:
    It's clearly Nezu. Bring the possibility out into the open so no one suspects you :madmonk:

Flower likes this.
  18. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    nedzu looks like the odd one out but im not keen on choosing him as the traitor

19. Kuma_Rockz

Kuma_Rockz

Bounty Points:
    I don't think nezu is the traitor. Iirc he had an internal monologue about how the dorms are for investigating people, which wouldn't make sense unless he was breaking the fourth wall to deliberately lead the reader on.

My money is on someone from class 1-a. I don't know who but it would have the most dramatic weight imo.

20. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    i think invisible girl was hurt by the villains or something so i dont think it is her

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice