Discussion Who is the traitor? What is Nedzu's plan?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Hero Sanji, Jul 4, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Who is the traitor?

1. Someone out of the teacher's

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Someone out of the pussy cat's

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Someone out of the class 1-A

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  4. Someone out of the class 1-B

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Someone else (please explain in the thread below why you think so)

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    NOTE: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH THE MANGA

Yo. So this thread will serve for the discussion about the 2 question's written in the title.

We know that the student's of class 1-A and 1-B went to the training camp in the forest and they were unfortunately attacked by the Villain's. After this incidence, there was a conference at the U.A. among the teachers while discussing about this incidence.

Now comes the interesting part. When discussing about this incidence, Present Mic (one of the teacher's) said, that there must be a traitor among them.
    [​IMG]

The reason why he is so certain about this and why he even came to that conclusion in the first place is, that only the teacher's and the pussy cat's knew about the location of the training camp. Moreover another thing which is suspicious is, that even the students could have been able to send the location to the Villain's by using their cell phone's.
    [​IMG]

So it is pretty much certain, that there has to be a traitor cause otherwise there was no way that the Villain's would find out about the location by themselves. The school made sure to use a safe place after all. Mic was stopped by the other teacher's when talking about the traitor cause he had no proof of himself being clean.

After hearing all this, the principal Nedzu said, that he at least trusts the teacher's who were present in the conference.
    [​IMG]

And after this he said, that it is priority to protect the student's and that he already has something in mind regarding the traitor issue.
    [​IMG]

So the suspicious group's are:
    • Teacher's
    • The pussy cat's
    • Student's of class 1-A
    • Student's of class 1-B

Teacher's (plus principal):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pussy cat's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Class 1-A:

[​IMG]

Class 1-B:

[​IMG]

My opinion:

Regarding the teacher's:

So tbh i think none of the teacher's who were in the conference room including the Nedzu is a traitor. I think we can trust Nedzu and his words about the teacher's in the room being trustworthy. The other teacher's who were not in the conference room don't necessarily seem to be suspicious as well, especially not No. 13. He protected the students and pretty much risked his life when they were attacked by the Villain´s for the first time. Cementoss does not seem to be suspicious too. He even made sure that All Might´s true form would not be revealed infront of the student´s and he said he is a big fan of All Might. The remaining teacher´s don´t seem to be suspicious to me as well but you never know cause not really much was shown so far of them. Maybe one teacher has a long time grudge against All Might or against the Heroism in general and only acts as a pro Hero to take revenge for something?

And btw, i am 100% sure that Aizawa is not the traitor. After all what he did, there is no way in hell that he would be the traitor.

Regarding the pussy cat's:

We don't know them well enough to immediately judge about them. Tho, they fought against the Villain's in the training camp and tried their best to protect the student's. I doubt they were just acting. Ragdoll was kidnapped and her Quirk was stolen by All For One and she was very sad and cried because she lost her Quirk. I doubt she would go so far to sacrifice her own Quirk so i don't think she is the traitor.

Regarding the student's of class 1-A:

Really no. Just no. I don't see any of them as the traitor. They fought bravely against the Villain's and almost everyone got screentime against the Villain's even if a little one, showing that they want to protect their freind's.

Regarding the student's of class 1-B:

I'm really not sure about them. Not enough was shown of them and there were always some misunderstanding's between them and class 1-A. There is one student, who seemed to be suspicious to me at first. It was Monoma Neito. He never gave the impression that he can stand the student's of class 1-A and he never wanted to help them when they were confused about the test. He even said something, which made him very suspicious for me

[​IMG]

This panel made him very suspicious imo because his words remind's somehow of the incidence of the training camp. But then while searching further in the manga, i found this:

[​IMG]

If you read what Horikoshi thinks about his own character...you can't suspect him anymore. He said "I personally don't think he's all that bad of a kid. But i really made a mess of things with how hateable he ended up." So, i don't think he would say such stuff if he would have plans of making him evil later on.

Then we also have Shinsou Hitoshi from class 1-C.

[​IMG]

He has the Brainwash Quirk and at first he seemed to be suspicious because he is innerly broken and despressed because all people always said that his Quirk would be perfect for a Villain and they told him in a joking manner that he better don't manipulate them and do something evil. Since he is also a student, he could have brainwashed someone to put Izuku and the others in danger cause Izuku defeated him...but then again...after his fight against Izuku, he realized that his friend's finds him cool and he promised to become a fantastic Hero

[​IMG]

So i doubt he would be the traitor.

So in the end i am not really sure. I could see someone from class 1-B or maybe one of the teacher's who were not shown much yet as the traitor.

Then, in chapter (96), Nedzu talked with All Might and thanked him for everything and in the end he referred to his plan again.

[​IMG]

So Nedzu has definitely a plan with which he want's to capture the traitor.

My opinion:

Since nothing else about the plan was revealed except the fact that there is going to be a plan, we can speculate all we want. Nedzu said, that he definitely trust's those teacher's, who were present at the conference...so i could see Nedzu cooperating with those teacher's and maybe he could plan an event, but ofc a fake one as a trap or something simalar and tell those teacher's about this as well. Then he could let each of the teacher's observe the student's and the other teacher's and the pussy cat's too, to see whether the traitor will react and try to contact the Villain's. By doing this, they could capture the traitor. But since the school is already in the headline's and was being attacked, i don't think Nedzu would plan another camp as a trap but something which would not put the student's in danger but at the same time would also force the traitor to contact the Villain's. He could use All Might as the trap as well and it does not necessarily have to be an event because the primary target of the Villain's is All Might and ever since All Might started to teach at the U.A, all those incidences started.

So what do you guys think? Who is the traitor and what could be the plan of Nedzu?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  2. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    Nice thread, and very well documented :)! I personnally haven't looked actively for clues, so all I can say is:
    - from a writing point of view, I would rule out all people who seem "suspicious" at first sight, i.e. Shinsou, Monoma, Bakugou (though now he can be easily ruled out), Aizawa (I put him here cause at the beginning he was a bit jerkass-ish, but as you said he's pretty much innocented by now). Indeed, it would be too obvious so I don't think it would be interesting. Monoma is a total psycho, but if he was indeed the traitor, it wouldn't be unexpected... And same about Shinsou, he's so dark and sullen, I wouldn't like him to be a villain because it would be too convenient (also he was seen discussing with Aizawa, I wonder about what... Maybe he's gonna go to heroics, so Aizawa trusts him?)
    - I have a gut feeling that it's not Nezu, even if people on kissmanga suspect him a lot... I don't have anything to base this feeling on tho
    - some people suspect Hagakure, because she's the one who suggested to go shopping the day Deku encountered Tomura (and also, we never see her fight villains)

3. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Thanks

Hagakure is an interesting choice indeed. She could make use of her Quirk by sneaking away and contacting the Villain's with her cell phone. Her not fighting the Villain's is not necessarily that suspicious as it can be explained while referring to her Quirk. I find her an interesting choice cause she was never really highlightened so far compared to most of the other student's. One would probably never suspect her cause she seems to be the cute little cheerful girl but that could be fake. Tho, i don't see the reason for her to betray the others but you never know about sudden plot twists.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  4. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Excellent thread. I think we should rule out all of the teachers involved in fighting the League of Villains at some point in time. It's just a hunch but both Ectoplasm and Power Leader look very suspicious to me. No particular reasoning. Although, I think it would also make sense if somebody in Class 1-B could be the traitor given this would conceal most suspicious events, behaviour or actions from both us as the readers and Izuku Midoriya who is seemingly at the focus of all the action, being All-Might's heir apparent. I'd have to say, Neito Menoma is a prime suspect. That dude was always fishy and his quirk is somewhat a downgraded version of All For One. Whaddya think?

LogicoftheVI, Josh and Hero Sanji like this.
  5. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Thanks.

Yeah from the teacher's if i would have to choose, i would also pick those two. They were shown as "good ones" yet they were not shown having a strong bond with any of the student's nor did they get much screentime. Class 1-B is definitely a possibilty. We don't even know all of them and the few ones we know, had pretty much misunderstandings with class 1-A except Kendou.

I'm curious about the plan Nedzu is thinking about.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  6. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    Nice thread mate. :yaaa:

Now speaking from looks alone, you could say that either Ectoplasm or Power Loader are suspects, but putting looks aside, I'm not really sure just who it could be at this point, other than possibly someone from the Pussycats, or maybe even one of the teachers. Plus I'm sure someone from Class 1-B might be suspicious, but I find it to be pretty unlikely.

7. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Thanks mate :D

Yeah class 1-B is still somehow a mystery. Only a few students were shown with some details and they don't necessarily seem to be best friends with class 1-A. Kendou from class 1-B was displayed as a very kind and caring girl so she does not seem to be suspicous at all but who knows maybe that's just fake and she is evil inside. For now everything is possible.

LogicoftheVI, Josh and Shinji like this.
  8. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    There isn't really much information that we can go by, but I am going to gamble that it is somebody from Class 1-B. Some of the students there seem like they don't like Class 1-A or anybody else for that matter.

I can't see it being one of the teachers because they have done so much for the kids that it would be weird if they decided to just give the villains the location of the camp.

Like you said in the op, we don't know enough about the Pussycats to judge them just yet. I don't really have much to say about them really.

In the end, I do think that it is somebody in Class 1-B who gave the villains the location to the camp and allowed them to cause havoc like they did. Good post man @Hero Sanji :)

9. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:

You never know. The teachers seem to be trusthworthy but the author could use this as a shocking plot twist.

But yeah class 1-B is a high canditate for that matter xD.

10. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    So apparently Nedzu's plan is to handle the traitor problem as an intern matter. I feel a detective story vibe from this, would question the decision if it was IRL, but in a story I can't say that I dislike this :)

11. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    So i was right about Nedzu not planing anything huge which would involve the media and students infront of everyone to catch the traitor cause the priority is the safety of the students

[​IMG]

So we now know that Nedzu wants to catch the traitor behind closed doors and that it is really difficult for him to suspect the students as well but he has to.

[​IMG]

So we can be at least sure that it will be a great secret plan. I can definitely see Tsukauchi working with Nedzu on this secret plan!

The questions still remain, who is the traitor and what is Nedzu's plan? It's getting interesting folks! :D

Btw tagging some people who read the manga and have not commented here yet to get some more opinions.

@Chris Mic
    @Serthhi
    @Joshbailey
    @Silver Saber

What is your opinion on this matter?

LogicoftheVI, Sir, Josh and 2 others like this.
  12. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    One thing that specifically stood out to me this chapter was the layout of the students rooms, it may seem unrelated now but let me just quickly go through my random mess of a thought process xD

So there are 20 students, and each floor has 8 rooms correct, that means realistically they only needed 3 floors above the ground floor max, yet they have 4 and at times there are only 3 people on a floor, doesn't that seem a little bit strange?

I don't know why but I believe it is a part of some sort of plan?

One possibility I thought of was actually to do with the traitor, each floor seems to have someone quite powerful among the students on it, maybe it's a form of defense from the inside, so that if there is a traitor there is someone who can stop them on that floor?
    There are many other possibilities but I do see it having a reason during the plot, and I do believe it is to do with the traitor :eek:

Or it could be absolutely nothing but don't tell me that as that means my long thought process and typing was all for nothing xDD
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 8, 2016 ---
    Basically I believe the traitor is a class mate for someone who can't be bothered to read it xD

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Treacle, LogicoftheVI and Hero Sanji like this.
  13. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Nice thoughts. I had also noticed that Izuku, Bakugou and Todoroki are all seperated from each other for example. That would be a shocking reveal if someone from class 1-A would be the traitor. Even tho some students from class 1-A were not highlightened thaaaat much like Hagakure and Kouda, it would still be quite the shock.

LogicoftheVI, Shanksette and Josh like this.
  14. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    Yup! Whether it's to do with a student or a teacher I believe the layout is definitely some sort of plot device :D

LogicoftheVI and Hero Sanji like this.
  15. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    Kendou is from 1-B :) you probably meant Kouda?
    Given the tone of the manga so far (no one dies - the villain sensei is actually a super villain and not someone we didn't expect would be a villain), I would think that no one from class 1-A is a traitor. It would be too dark and not fit the global atmosphere. That leaves the other students or a teacher that we don't know very much. Among the teachers, we're sure it's not All Might or Aizawa or 13, pretty sure it's not Nedzu, and I honestly don't feel like it could be Mic or Midnight or Cementoss or Snipe (for the latter, I was going to suspect him but I don't have any arguments against the fact that he did shoot at the villains in USJ...). It leaves Ectoplasm or Power Loader.

LogicoftheVI and Hero Sanji like this.
  16. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Oh, yeah i meant Kouda. Their names sound very similar to me xD. Thanks for the correction, edited it.

Yeah that´s exactly what i think too. Someone from class 1-A being the traitor would totally ruin the atmosphere which was created so far. They are shown to be there for each other, not to betray each other.

LogicoftheVI and Shanksette like this.
  17. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    I have no clue on who could be the traitor.

@LogicoftheVI
    Do you have any ideas on who could be the traitor?

Josh and LogicoftheVI like this.
  18. Sir

Sir

Bounty Points:
    I don't really know what Nedzu's plan could be ,and I just haven't really analyzed the material enough to make a confident prediction. But, as for the Traitor I think I might have a good idea of who it is. Okay so All for one can take peoples quirks and either make them his own like Ragdolls or Give people quirks. I think the traitor is someone who All for one kidnapped and put in someone he trusts instead granting him the quirk of the kidnapped superhero and also giving him the quirk of transforming into any person. These two quirks would allow anyone to go into the school and pretend to be someone else while also having there quirk. I think this could be potentially someone from class 1B or One of the Teachers since the villains knew where the camp was. I think most likely it is one of the teachers. I think Power Loader seems the most suspicious since he is behind a mask and we haven't really seen him do much at all.

Treacle, Shanksette and Hero Sanji like this.
  19. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    That´s definitely a new way at looking at this and it sounds interesting. I knew All For One can take other people´s Quirks but i guess i have misssed that he can give it to other people as well cause i don´t remember this part anymore xD. This idea would mean that it would

• Result in a rescue arc for the kidnapped Hero, means a great clash between Heroes and Vilains would happen.
    • Not ruin the atmosphere and relationship between the students and teachers among each other.

20. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    That's a very interesting idea :) I don't expect the story to be as simple as "the traitor was actually this guy" since Horikoshi has a tendency of taking the audience by surprise, and the scenario you proposed could be a way to get around it. But the mole must be an excellent actor so as not to raise suspicion about his behaviour.
    Actually, the first wielder of One For All was a guy whose only quirk was the ability to pass his quirks to someone else, so it looked like he had no quirk and All For One gave him a super strength quirk either out of pity or to make a super soldier under his orders.
    http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/59/page/14

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Treacle, LogicoftheVI and Hero Sanji like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice