Future Arcs & Events Where will Big Mom get defeated?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Nessos, Aug 1, 2017.

Share This Page

?

Where will Big Mom get defeated?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2019.
  1. Fishmen Island 2.0

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Totto Land 2.0

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Elbaf

25 vote(s)
    43.1%
  4. Right now during Totto Land arc

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. Offpanel by the marine

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. Offpanel by the BB pirates

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Wano

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Something else will happen

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. Nessos

Nessos

Bounty Points:
    A few people from the "great debate" threat will know as someone, who think that BM will fall during the current arc.

My biggest problem why I can't imagine that BM won't fall is that I can't imagine her in a future arc as an antagonist and I'm a fan of the BMP and hope that she won't get defeated offpanel by someone else than Luffy.

Here are a few solutions
    1. FI 2.0, after BM finds out that the Sun pirates leave and that the Tamatebako was a bomb an destroyed her castle. Afterwards she decides to attack FI with everything she has to make an example of them. Luffy will hear about it after Wano and sets sail to FI. We get a huge war. BMP vs SHP, Neptune and his army, Sun Pirates and the power of Poseidon
    2. Totto Land 2.0, Luffy orders his GF and attack Totto Land with everything he has to show the world he has balls, because there is no real reason to turn back to Totto Land
    3. Elbaf, BM goes to Elbaf trying to get the military power again. She kneels infront of Loki and begs him to marry an other daughter(maybe Pudding). At the same time Luffy appears and also Hajrudin and his crew is there. We get a big fight like BMP and evil giants vs SHP and good giants
    4. In the current Totto Land Arc with a great final in Cacao Island. With a comeback of the Vinsmoke.
    5. Offpanel by the Marine, nothing to add
    6. Offpanel by the BB pirates, nothing to add
    7. Wano, she will follow Luffy to Wano and will get defeated by Kaidou or directly after Kaidou by the SHP alliance
    8. Something else will happen, let your imagination run wild and share it :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Jinbe90 and Veljko like this.
  2. Kejon

Kejon

Bounty Points:
    I think either FI or Elbaf. Though i'm leaning more towards Elbaf. It could be that she will go back to Elbaf to destroy the Giants because she is mad at them. FI could happen too.

dgeo and Nessos like this.
  3. Nessos

Nessos

Bounty Points:
    My problem with this kind elbaf Arc ist, why should Big Mom get so angry that she intends to destroy Elbaf now? Only because Luffy and Judge remind her what happend in the past, after the conversation with it seems like she were more pissed of Lola than the giants. And I also think she was even more angry about the giants in the past, why didn't she destroy Elbaf than? I would say she was not strong enough and it if she wasn't than she won't be strong enough now.

Hakipotence likes this.
  4. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    Assuming she doesn't fall this arc, the highest possibility for me is Elbaf.

For obvious story reasons, I don't think we'll have any island twice before the Straw Hats actually manage one full travel around the Grand Line, so Totto Land 2.0 and Fishman Island 2.0 (even tho we'll get back to FI one day) are off the table, as Big Mom will fall "soon", and not at the end of OP (which is when we'll get back to FI). Off-screen is no possibility for me either, that'd be just way too underwhelming. And with Elbaf, the implification is very obvious: Luffy defeats the person whose name shall not be named, and as a result makes friendship with the whole Elbaf giant race. Similar to how he defeated Hody on FI, he will defeat the giants' "enemy" Big Mom on Elbaf. I'm not totally convinced about this, but for now, Elbaf gets my vote.

ely likes this.
  5. Awaken Fruit

Awaken Fruit

Bounty Points:
    Right now, the SHs are escaping from Totland.

In Elbaf, they'll fight.

6. Red Dog

Red Dog

Bounty Points:
    i think it will be at elbaf or during final war at raftel where they will be defeated by wg to show their power to the world by using some secret weapon/strategy.....we know cp0 already infiltrated wci maybe to find info about big mom bcoz i dont think they be there just to steal tomabako box...

7. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded

Bounty Points:
    Not on Whole Cake lmao.

Elbaf or Fishman Island definitely.

dgeo likes this.
  8. Nessos

Nessos

Bounty Points:
    I thought Stussy infiltrated the Underworld not BM directly.

9. cardboard_douchebag

cardboard_douchebag

Bounty Points:
    Every single antagonist who faced has come face to face with Luffy in their home territory has fallen there--even Magellan was likely taken out by BB. MF doesn't count imo because it was far too short of an arc and there was no setup for a primary antagonist during the arc. So I think she will fall in totto-land and the SH's will leave with the island in ruins.

10. Minatoze Narutomaki

Minatoze Narutomaki

Bounty Points:
    LogueTown Smoker..... Sentomaru Sabaody Archipelago.... Fujitora Dressrosa....

11. cardboard_douchebag

cardboard_douchebag

Bounty Points:
    No buildup and Buggy&crew were more like main antagonists there
    Not his home territory...he wasn't the head of Saobondy
    ....and Fujitora's home base was Dressrosa? I could have sworn that was Doffy's territory.

Hakipotence and Nessos like this.
  12. Raman

Raman

Bounty Points:
    Bigmom will be deafeated in this arc... Whole cake island is destroyed and... Oda have wasted 2 years on this arc... We don't have more time to see bigmom again :)

cardboard_douchebag and Nessos like this.
  13. ashfr

ashfr

Bounty Points:
    I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this already.
    He said "in their hometown" - which is pretty weird because the antagonist are often Pirates evading another hometown. The only example I can think of to the contrary is Alabasta and Dressrosa. Which was more like Pirates planning mass-conspiracies against a town they integrated themselves in for personal gain.

There's also Hancock, who was initially an antagonist.

14. Rokushi

Rokushi

Bounty Points:
    I believe I already have a topic for this discussion, a somewhat busy topic and with many discussions about Big Mom falling or not in his current situation as Yonkou :smuggrin:

She has the strongest pirate title at stake (one of the 3) is if she shows weakness now in front of newcomers who have just arrived in the New World, and being defeated so insignificantly, shows that she was never a character to be really Developed in the manga ... but this is totally the opposite, Oda is introducing the Big Mom in incredible ways and is putting an interesting role in her and her family, and this shows that she will not fall now and that she will be a Future antagonist in a future bow, maybe she will not be introduced as the main antagonist, but she will not be thrown aside like this ... she will fight with Luffy in the future, and this time Luffy will be able to defeat her, Since he will already have a great fighting experience

dgeo and Buusatan94 like this.
  15. Minatoze Narutomaki

Minatoze Narutomaki

Bounty Points:
    how about saying Smoker was subdued by Dragon, Sentomaru by Kuma and Rayleigh, Fujitora by Akainu and was banned from Marine Bases, just like Magellan was subdued by BB.... cause if it is excuses, we can make lots of them :p .... enemies are not defeated territory wise, many have fallen when not in their territory too, it is defeated because of the decisions and willingness of Luffy and even then he lost many battles.... Luffy couldn't/didn't defeat enemies and was running away that's why he was defeated against Sentomaru, Smoker.... and just like that he is running away from BigMom.... he couldn't even defeat many enemies that he was willing to fight and beat like Fujitora, Aokiji (Long Ring Island), Magellan

16. cardboard_douchebag

cardboard_douchebag

Bounty Points:
    Look dude...I'm just saying when Luffy faces a person in their home territory...I'll make it more clear, home territory=ruler of said place, they have all gone down. Its not really an excuse...its more of just fact atm.

17. Minatoze Narutomaki

Minatoze Narutomaki

Bounty Points:
    and LogueTown was not Smoker's territory because it was Buggy's territory and because there was no build up right ?... that is no excuse right haha :p

18. cardboard_douchebag

cardboard_douchebag

Bounty Points:
    Did smoker own/rule over logue town?

19. Minatoze Narutomaki

Minatoze Narutomaki

Bounty Points:
    Did CP9 own Enies Lobby ? Did Magellan own ImpelDown ? Did Crocodile own Alabasta ?.... are you just talking about Kings and Queens or do you want to change the definition of territory now cause LogueTown, Enies Lobby, ImpelDown they are all governmental territories and there were people who were representing rule of WG in there and they were Smoker, CP9 and Magellan, don't go changing meaning of territory into Kingdom :p

ashfr likes this.
  20. cardboard_douchebag

cardboard_douchebag

Bounty Points:
    Eh you got me there..I'll give you that. Still doesn't change the fact that every antagonist with a fully fleshed out 40+chapter arc been defeated. Every antagonist in their home territory in said arcs has gotten defeated. Every antagonist who ruled over an area has been defeated within that same arc. BM getting away would be unprecedented and would break a lot of previously held conventions so I'm still gonna stick to my guns. Sorry:p

Minatoze Narutomaki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice