What would you like to see in Pokémon Sword and Shield?

Discussion in 'Gaming Central' started by Ice D Fire, Mar 11, 2019.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    With Pokémon Sword and Shield coming to the Nintendo Switch in November, What are some things you would like to see in the Games? With the Switch being more powerful than the 3ds and Nintendo having said they are trying some new things while staying to their roots what are some thing you would like to see in the New Games?
    Here are some of my ideas.
    1) since it seems right now we are going back to having actual gyms again, Instead of just the Eight gyms like in previous games, why not have 12 to 16 and let the player decide what eight he wants to battle.
    2) Like in Sun and Moon and X and Y have some side quests that earn you some money, for doing things, other than just battling.
    3) One of the things about the last couple of games is the difficulty has been to Easy, so I have two suggestions 1) like it Black 2 and White 2 and hard mode, but unlike in those games one that can be accessed from the beginning without needing to have beaten the game and requirering a friend or second copy. Or 2) simply let trainers, A. Use items like the player and B. Let trainers have evolved pokemon, even near the end of the game trainers will still have first form pokemon at levels that they should have fully evolved pokemon.
    4) Like in Gold and Silver and in Red and Blue let the player explore without needing a story event, let them have branching paths without needing to do mandatory quests for the story.
    5) Being able to join Team Skull. You don't need them to be the Villains of the game, but Let the player join Team Skull, in Sun and Moon they are more hooligans and numbskulls than actual bad guys. It could be as simple as they wanting to set up in the New region and if you join you start as a "grunt" and during the game you can work your way up to be the Boss and meet Gozma.
    But those are just some of my ideas. What are Yours?

Cyrenz98, Gochi and Flower like this.
  2. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    I like this thread.

1) Make the games much harder, like, the Red/Blue/Yellow kind of hard. Or like Diamond and Pearl. Just not that easy, I feel like the last games were hardly a challenge. Make it challenging again.

2) Let the players choose their own path, don't have a strict story thread.

3) Let Pokemon follow their trainers again like in the Pikachu game, it was fun :).

4) Let the players choose their age. Like having a kid protag, a teen protag and an adult protag, each with a different kind of story line. And of course Rivals at different ages, too. I feel like most Pokemon players nowadays are young adults anyway. Kids these days play other games.

5) Let it be open world. I don't find it logical that the protag can't swim or climb a tree. Open world could fix this.

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  3. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    A more in depth end game such as more exploring like what happen in firered and leaf green with the 7 islands.

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  4. Gotta catch'em all

Gotta catch'em all

Bounty Points:
    The games haven't actually gotten easier. They've just reduced the grind and added QoL changes. One of my younger cousins was playing USUM and straight up struggling, I think it's more that we're just older now. I even revisited platinum which I found quite difficult as a kid and ran through it with ease.

Cyrenz98, Gochi and Flower like this.
  5. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    True that. One of my cousins is struggling with USUM, too, and he is like...nine. With age comes wisdom and better Pokemon playing skills, it seems :lmao:.

Cyrenz98 and Gotta catch'em all like this.
  6. ChinxD

ChinxD Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    I would like to visit kanto or jotho like in silver /gold or crystal

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  7. Ravagerblade

Ravagerblade Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Need more Cynthia(Flatchested she is). + x FTrainer.
    Remade shinny's for the ones that are just godawful.
    Great music/tunes.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Cyrenz98 likes this.
  8. Name Is C

Name Is C

Bounty Points:
    I would like to see the return of the PokéAthlon but sadly considering there is no touchscreen so it's nearly impossible.

You forgot that it was also a feature in HG&SS.

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  9. Son Dio D. Rose

Son Dio D. Rose

Bounty Points:
    If we get another fire/fighting starter, I’m gonna snap. I would like to see a challenge when I play it, and also have really good post game content.

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  10. Ravagerblade

Ravagerblade Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    What if types determined by differing factors? The starters have let's say three possible combinations besides fire water grass... I'd like that so, 27? Different pokemon types with just three pokemon or 9?

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  11. Gotta catch'em all

Gotta catch'em all

Bounty Points:
    This is a complaint I've seen associated with pokemon games a lot and I went through all of them to see which ones had 'satisfying post-game'. Turns out not that much do and none of the 1st games in each gen have them so if the trend continues then it should be the same for S/S unfortunately.

good post game: Platinum, HGSS, B2W2 and ORAS.

It's a pathetically small list for a series with 20 years worth of games at this point because unlike traditional RPGs e.g. dragon quest. Pokemon has a tradition of skimping out on post-game content (justified for gen 7 only tbh). Really hope it switches up for this release considering this is the most hyped pokemon game since XY.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Cyrenz98 likes this.
  12. William D Thompson

William D Thompson

Bounty Points:
    Post game content

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  13. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar The Villain Wanted

Bounty Points:
    No Pokemon Go interaction and if there is only for Melmetal and the other one I forgot the name of The rest is for a garbage game that needs to be discarded out of history and mind.

I want Pokemon Bank interaction

I want a difficulty mode that changes drastically from the normal mode.

I don't wanna capture 1000 Pikachus for some crap please no. I mean come on who's got time for that crap and besides that's the core reason I didn't buy or even play those games. I want Pokemon games to be like what they use to be, Pokemon Games not bitch boy games.

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  14. Rawr_Devil

Rawr_Devil

Bounty Points:
    From what I analyzed on that Trailer i was blown away by the graphics but nothing else stood out to me.
    No wild pokemon show up on grass, no pokemon follow you. the map seems to suggest stadiums rather than gyms and 6 at the most, final city could be post game content like battle frontier ( i hope so ), the game looks stunning and the story is promising to be similar cookie cutter pokemon evil team vs you the up and coming trainer who has to save the region but somehow after becoming champion retires to just wonder trade with other players, do nothing, collect all of the pokemon, shiny hunt etc...
    Junichi masuda had his hands still as gamefreak's director and his vision was to make a "easier" game with less options to the casual kid because in today's society soo much more is available to us and we tend to lose ourselvs with ease, so a less engaging game is their now new approach unfortunently.
    If anything, lets go pikachu and eevee are a primary example of that.
    I love pokemon I honestly do, but I don't have high hopes for this game, with things such as pokemon following you, difficulty settings and what not.
    I wish we could get fun minigames like poffin baking, underground hunting, cooking, fishing, contests, etc..soo much wasted potential..gen 3 and 4 were the most immersive and expanded generations with emerald and platinum filled to the brim with content, keeping the player busy hours and hours long after you defeat the champion.
    Gen 5, black and white were a major letdown, black and white 2 however was a major improvement with the world tournament, but everything went downhill, with gen 6 having little to nothing more than a series of missions for Looker detective, and gen 7 having a nostalgic battle tree filled with our former heroes such as blue, red, cynthia, just a easy way to milk that nostalgia cow. Not something I enjoy..
    I want games that actually matter and show effort of care for us the long term fans, I didnt bother to buy let's go pikachu and eevee and this was the first game of the pokemon franchise i didnt bought because i finally came to a consensus, it just isnt for me anymore.
    The lack of content just kills me, on the upper hand however..wild battles are back?!
    That...shouldnt be something to celebrate...but yea..there you go...
    give me fun minigames, long post story content, and a promising story, and trainer customization, and i may consider this game...average..my standarts are high and i may seem a bit entitled, but i have the right to be entitled because i poured my money, soul and love for this franchise since i was very very young...

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  15. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    Honestly i would like 75% the "lets go" ideas (the 3d Sprites, the pokemon physically appearing in grass, the follow feature) just nix the stupid capture xp system and adopt the basic battle/capture system....

With a new platform it needs a new edge/mechanic...

LOVE Regional forms (like alolan) continue that..

And of coarse A NEW EEVEE FORM!! (Fighting would suit sword and shield... wouldn't hate 2x new eevolutions fighting and steel)

Cyrenz98 and Emperor Cross like this.
  16. Cyrenz98

Cyrenz98

Bounty Points:
    Less legendaries maybe they're so many of them now and Character customization.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice