Powers & Abilities What would be the theoretical powers of a black haired sanji?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Monkey D Theories, Mar 16, 2019.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    So we know that sanji was unaffected by the gene mutations, but for the sake of speculation, what would his powers be if he had them?

it is very possible that sanji will go the rest of his life without ever unlocking his powers, and rather focus solely on his flame abilities and the abilities of the raid suit, but the idea of sanji getting a power up that changes the color of his hair bears a strong resemblance to a power of another series

[​IMG]

Given how dragon ball was a big inspiration for Oda, I think there is still some possibility that sanji does have the potential to unlock his genetic mutations. So what exactly could they be?

whatever it is, here's what we know:
    • it would have to be thematically related to the color black, as sanji is stealth black
    • it would have to complement the invisibility of the raid suit
    • it cannot be invisibility*
    *the reason for this is simple. The suit itself offers invisibility, why would judge give Sanji a power that his suit can already offer?

On top of this, it should also be a power that fits with Sanji's theme and style. It should also be important to note that many of Sanji's powers were foreshadowed by the enemies he's fought in the past
    • pearl's flame abilities foreshadowed DJ
    • Bon clay foreshadowed the time skip training
    • kuroobi foreshadowed sanji's blue walk
    • Jabra's rokushiki foreshadowed sanji getting geppo
    • absalomb foreshadowed invisibility
    • judge foreshadowed sanji getting the raid suit

So what could black haired Sanji's abilities be foreshadowed by? Well for one, and most obviously, Vergo. Vergo with his tekkai and powerful CoA would obviously foreshadow the exoskeleton, but beyond that I see it being foreshadowed by:
    • Bon Clay
    • Page One
    • Law(Law did clash with sanji in PH when he did the personality swap)
    what power do I see him having? Transformation

transformation would be the perfect power to complement stealth black. Stealth black is a ninja, a stealth master, what better power than one that would allow the user to infiltrate the opponents and gain intel from them.

but this power also has immense offensive capabilities. I see Sanji using his transformation ability to access a new form in which he has a demon-like physique. This would be somewhat similar to Page One's hybrid, albeit sanji would look a lot more human like.
    [​IMG]
    I believe this was foreshadowed in thriller bark.

In addition, this power would go with the color black as demons are associated with that color and it would fit Sanji's theme as sanji has always had a demon theme to him.

if black haired sanji really is a thing, I expect him to have an appearance towards the end of this arc, with it being sanji's main power up that will help him beat queen(or weevil or whomever). I see Sanji accessing this power up, either with help from judge or possibly vegapunk(who was hinted to have an appearance this arc by Cipher pol's conversation with Orochi).

2. Rob Gucci

Rob Gucci

Bounty Points:
    I like it.. changing appearance fits nicely with invisibility and good call back to his demon theme.

but I can't say I buy into it 100%. what's the science behind it? possible lineage factors given to him? I know we don't know the specifics of the brothers but yonji clearly said thats how judge gave them these powers.

there's an element theme going on with most of the vinsmokes- poison pink, sparking red, dengeki blue
    then there's yonji who's winch green and is robotic, so I can see Sanji getting the powers you described
    there's also a bug theme people realized way back, what bug would Sanji be? maybe just metamorphosis

I also don't think invisibility is just where it ends since niji could turn invisible by just saying stealth (without raid suit)
    but if its called stealth black while niji can use "stealth" Sanji's potential mutation might take to the greater level

personally, what would look the coolest while being logical is black holes. I know that's teach's specialty but Sanji could have it more on the void aspect, completely empty more than just invisible. he could hide and transport into a portal which could be stealth black's fighting style. basically be like knov from hxh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't think Sanji will have this ability and definitely don't think Franky will give it to him. but I think "void" could've been the science judge was planning to give him.

Tejas likes this.
  3. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    the same science that gave Niji electricity and Ichiji sparks

he was never depicted to have become invisible, he just used super speed, which should be a power of his as he has lightning abilities.

if he was invisible, Oda would have used the same visual affect for him that he used with absalom, sanji, and shiryu.

it would work, but the only issue is that that ability doesnt go with Sanji's style. Creating portals would basically undermine Sanji's speed

4. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    So far all the Vinsmokes have powers that fit their epithets, so if the suit already grants camuflage, his genetic mutation should be something that improves that aspect, like Sanji's body not producing any distinct odor, not having any distinct taste and being soundproof, so that you can't hear his heartbeat or any other internal sound.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  5. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    thats tbh a useless power. Invisibility is already a powerful stealth ability, adding being soundless or smelless doesn't add that much to his strength when compared to what the other ones can do

transformation would be the best possible ability for sanji to have. Transformation allows for a different from of stealth, not only can he sneak into enemy hideouts, he can basically replace enemy leaders and destroy the organization from the inside out. By transforming into others, it might even be possible for sanji to gain their memories, and there is huge possibilities in that. Lastly, transformation can be used offensively too, whereas being soundless isn't that much of a boost in a fight

PK_WildandFree and monster-trio like this.
  6. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    That's too complex of an ability to have without a DF. Even Bon's ability requires some prep.

Being completely undetectable is not useless at all. If your enemy can't sense you at all, you're basically non exiatent. Not to mention that it can be more easily explaied as a result of a mutated body.

Endency, Treeko D James and Friend A like this.
  7. The Curly Haired Ninja

The Curly Haired Ninja

Bounty Points:
    Invisbility in base duh.

Does the other Vinsmokes get powers when they were their suits. No. The suit probably lets the power become stronger.

That's why I don't see him keeping the suit. He's probably gonna unlock his exoskeleton and be able to do stealth in base.

Tejas, Ryuarashi and Jo_Ndule like this.
  8. Bogard

Bogard

Bounty Points:
    I think Oda inspired himself more from the power rangers while creating the raid suits with the original Black Ranger being used to design Sanji's since he could also turn invisible

Raid suits are designed to enhance the Vinsmokes abilities, so i think invisibility was already part of Judge's plans while modifying Sanji's genes alongside his other children

Treeko D James and Jo_Ndule like this.
  9. Rob Gucci

Rob Gucci

Bounty Points:
    fair points. I still think the fact that Oda specifically made niji say "stealth" and then disappear has some importance. not sure what yet

and yeah my idea doesn't really fit Sanji's fighting style, thats why I said he wouldn't have it in the canon story. I thought the question was if sora didn't take the poison and prevent Sanji from getting modifications, what would stealth black be fully like. what Sanji's current fighting style wouldn't matter then, he would build one based on his modifications, like his brothers. and if ichiji is the main, niji the speed, yonji the strength, and reiju the support, Sanji's modification should be something that works with the overall synergy. stealth black can't be extremely better than the others

Crumpington likes this.
  10. Arthand

Arthand

Bounty Points:
    I actually expect Sanji having another power up he gained from Kamabakka and that is transforming most manly man practically Kenshiro transformation and using Hokuto no ken with his fists. If one reads the manga carefully there is lots of hints from Oda that Sanji will go in that direction though i am sure most of you guys wont believe me. Then let me explain a little :p

Sanji is a martial artist and Oda designed his style from Kenshiro from fist of the North star, in his first battle the knife Sanji holds have fist of north star written on it, Pearl was designed from a fist of the north star character Heart even his bleeding habbit come from him. Don crieg was also designed from 4th brother of hokuto no ken who is a snake and wasn't chosen to be successor. Sanji also has 3 brother like Kenshiro and he is the third like him Ichiji resemles Raoh with his logic even him killing people and conquering North blue resembles him. Kenshiro was called kind for fist of the north star word and Sanji is also kind, Kamabakka was a sandy beach with martial artists that wants to make Sanji Okama but when people are forced to something they tend to go opposite extreme so Sanji will be most manly man which is opposite of Okama. Sanjis fight with Bon resembles hokuto no ken fight and even last attack of Sanji works like hokuto. Kenshiro was like a Ninja and moved like one so does Sanji both use their feet like hands, Kenshiro resembled Bruce lee and Oda drew Sanji with Bruce lee movie clothes. Ivas style somehow resembles Hokuto but instead making people explode it changes genders heal etc..

I am sure you guys can find more clues then i do and make great theories about that thank you.

monster-trio and Ghidorah Guy like this.
  11. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    Ichiji can shoot sparks out of his fingers
    Niji can use lightning punches

12. Ravagerblade

Ravagerblade

Bounty Points:
    Now i want to see a black haired Reiju for some reason.

13. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    but that's different

Ichiji can produce sparks, his suit likely enhances that ability.

But what is enhanced invisibility? There's no such thing. You just have invisibility. If sanji could become invisible in base his suit would be obsolete, so why would Judge give him an ability he could easily gain by the suit?

14. Kibi D. Ango

Kibi D. Ango Shiro-T Poison Wanted Cracker Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    She looks emo as a brunette

15. CartoonHeroes

CartoonHeroes

Bounty Points:
    Intangibility

PlatinumRoger and Anasui like this.
  16. Ravagerblade

Ravagerblade

Bounty Points:
    Betta then that pink. She already got that black thong, wonder if she'd wear boyshorts...
    Hmm black lightning Reiju, sounds cool.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 17, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 17, 2019 ---
    That's brown hair though.

Treeko D James and Kibi D. Ango like this.
  17. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    I've thought similar. One possible means of compromising on his current deadset rule on prohibiting use of hands in battle? Using a single finger. I keep harping about it, but I'm predicting Sanji focusing on more finesse than brute force in the coming years.; pressure points is a definite possibility, perhaps having even been foreshadowed by Ivankov's ( and even Miss Double Finger long before him ) applications of his hormones through his finger "syringes."

Meshes with an overall trend I expect will also soon be cropping up - natural abilities that can replicate certain powers of artificial sources like devil fruits. All the more appropriate even if his EOS opponent is packing Ivankov's DF, just to further drive home Oda's intended message.

I also happen to think he -- like all the Strawhats -- will be learning certain tricks inspired by their fellow crewmates and others. One such new technique might be based on Usopp's sniping, only in Sanji's case it'll involve the common shonen trope of power-flicking projectiles ( common example: coins ) with one's thumb; an ability I think has gradually been foreshadowed by Trebol's tactical fly-swatting, Katakuri's masterful jellybean flicks, even the more advanced flying shigan of the CP units ( he may just eventually learn this flat out ). Nothing close to Usopp's level, mind you, but effective enough in midrange.

Above all, it could just turn out to be an ability lifted straight off notable Osamu Tezuka character Alabaster -- a villain with a gimmick that revolves around invisibility -- skilled in the art of flicking minute objects with lethal force and precision; using the principle of vibrational resonance...which I'm pretty sure would something linked to the Hasshoken technique of the Happo Navy - another ability I imagine Sanji will eventually add to his repertoire.

As for Sanji's hair changing color, I'd guessing it'll involve Judge's intended gene-mods being temporarily brought to the fore and boosted by some catalyst Terraformars-style ( possibly Chopper's rumble balls, as already theorized ). Accompanying this could be potential change in personality that borders on schizophrenia, similar to Cavendish and Pudding; his overall demeanor becoming as cold as that of his siblings...and the various other anti-heroic or downright villainous Tokusatsu characters that inspired imo: super-speedy Black Ghost from Cyborg 009, fire-using Skull Man ( linked in a way to Black Ghost), and the oft mentally conflicted Hakaider from Kikaider.

In short, He becomes ( in Black Hair form at least ) an amoral Kamen Rider...with all the powers you'd expect of a Grasshopper/Cricket Man, along with a borrowed trick from Usopp AND Brook's playbook in the form of sound attacks ( ie Sanji rubbing his legs to create a loud, really high-pitched yet horribly off-tune "melody" that hurts people's ears ala Usopp's chalk-board scratching lol ).

May sound off the wall batshit and incredibly far-fetched, but my gut's telling me Sanji is going to be quickly cycling through various "power-ups" and status quo changes before all is said and done...mirroring a certain shape-shifting sidekick of Skull Man's named Garo. Not than any of them will stick around for too long, I suspect Sanji will simply abandon each in favor of relying on his pure human-based skills, while somehow discovering more natural means of simulating whatever abilities he gained w/each new upgrade.

Invisible Man--> Ghost --> Zombie ---> Woman --> Kamen Rider --> Pig Man --> ???

It's a massive identity crisis that'll nag at him all the way to EOS. Poor guy won't be catching a break anytime soon.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  18. monster-trio

monster-trio

Bounty Points:
    Sanji being inspired from fist of the north star? Now that opens a room fir a lot of theories but i am leaning more towards @Monkey D Theories transformation theory , I always had a head canon that Sanji will be totally broken in a fight then he would have an Devil like transformation but i just thought that this was just me being a sanji fan lol

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Arthand likes this.
  19. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    Well,maybe his inbisibility would only affect his body, so the suit needs to have that feature as well because otherwise he wouldn't be invisible at all while wearing it.

Friend A likes this.
  20. Alejandro Murrieta

Alejandro Murrieta

Bounty Points:
    Until now, I'm still convinced that Fire is Sanji's gene modification.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice