Discussion What will they find at Goldy Pond?

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by Raycont, Oct 28, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Yes of course, but the reason only they could find it out is also that Minerva needed to hide this pen. If it was obvious then the risk of the Demons finding out would be too high.

I agree that only the strongest can make it. Finding an easy route is not something that can be done just like that but I'd imagine that even the stupid kids wouldn't take the dangerous route because the way they are taking just screams death and they do have a map after all even though it's not very detailed.

A weak group would never make it out that's for sure but it doesn't necessarily mean that Minerva wants only the strong. A strong group can also have weak members.

Gambia's Grandma and Blue Rose like this.
  2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    So to simplify things - why would Minerva not even consider weak kids to reach the first shelter <clothes>? He seems to be somone who thinks about all the possibilities.

Raycont likes this.
  3. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    We know next to nothing about Minerva and his motives and to what extend he considers all possibilities. The possibility of 4 year olds arriving at that shelter was essentially 0. I think the fact that he didn't prepare clothing for kids of that age is not enough to say that he doesn't want those kinds of kids, instead it is merely a rational thought.

I think the bigger question is why he would build a shelter in an area that is surrounded by Demon settlements. :camthinking:
    And I think the statement that it's a good idea to hide things right under the nose of the enemy because they wouldn't expect it is flawed. I think the actual best idea is to hide it in an area where Demons don't even go to because that way it's even more unlikely to be found by accident and also more likely to be reached by the kids.

Gambia's Grandma and Blue Rose like this.
  4. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    But it shows his way of thinking for the next settlements. If the first one was prepared for older kids, then rest is probably as well.

The first shelter is placed kinda in the safe place. To my way of thinking it would mean:

> First shelter was prepared for kids smart enough to get this far

> Second shelter is prepared for kids smart and special enough to be able to get through demon area/ or kids who were in this open world long enough to know how to go around them

Thus:

> This shelter is for only the chosen

Raycont likes this.
  5. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Yeah that could be the case. This would paint Minerva in a very different light than the kids currently see him. What does he gain from getting only the strongest? Surely his goal is not just to save them in that case?

6. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    That deal once made with demons might be a problem for Minerva so he wants to break it, but from the other side. And for that - he needs only the strongest

7. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    That sounds like a possibility. Well maybe we'll get more about that once we actually reach Goldy Pond. :)

Den_Den_Mushi and Blue Rose like this.
  8. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    The worst case that place already become Demon base/house, thats why this guy feel hopeless, n he not give any fuck to that place anymore.
    Maybe that is the "gate" to human world, but the guy not understand or not know how to open it.

Arashirai, Raycont and Blue Rose like this.
  9. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Don't you think that would be kinda early for them to reach gates to human world? And that thing Musica said about looking for "Seven walls". Seems it's more complicated than this.

10. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    Well, they will found it, but dont know what to do about this, n they will back to their group,,
    Maybe not the gate itself, but if it really important i m sure it relate to gate.
    If not what else?

Raycont and Blue Rose like this.
  11. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I agree, to me it seems way too early to find the gates to the human world even if they don't know what to do with it. The first shelter basically told them nothing at all besides that there's another shelter and some information about the world they live in. So I doubt we would find the exit in the following arc.

Is there even really a gate? The information about a gate to the human world existing would be a huge reveal in itself imo.

Good question, that's what I made this thread for. :D

Blue Rose likes this.
  12. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    I alway think this manga plot same like Alice in wonderland film, follow Minerva (owl) just like Alice follow Rabbit. This mad guy just like mad guy in tea party, if it follow same, Goldy pond will be "Queen place", for this manga is "grandmother" who lead all "mother", or a "worm who tell their destiny.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  13. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    That could be the case. I do hope however that this manga won't be that predictable.

14. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    I not really remember, but that pen they got from sister Krone right? Correct me if i wrong.
    Why she have n keep that? She know what pen for?
    Is she keep it since kid? It will be weird if demons not notice it when she come to their place.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 5, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 5, 2017 ---
    I not really remember, but that pen they got from sister Krone right? Correct me if i wrong.
    Why she have n keep that? She know what pen for?
    Is she keep it since kid? It will be weird if demons not notice it when she come to their place.

Raycont likes this.
  15. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    So I'm not quite sure if I understand you right but I'll try.

So, yes they got the pen from Krone. She didn't have it when she was a kid, in chapter 23 you can see her finding it and she looks basically like how she looked in the present time. Krone knew that something was up with the pen, she even said it in chapter 23. So she probably hid it and the Demons never even knew about this pen so it's not all that weird that they never noticed that she had it.

Den_Den_Mushi, Nanashi and baditz like this.
  16. Ryuudo

Ryuudo

Bounty Points:
    Personally, I think it might go down in the following way:

1) Adult guide whose name I forgot begins to truly admire the kids' intellect and bravery, but he won't accept that admiration as true. As a result his hatred of them keeps growing, and he keeps wanting them to fall into accidents more and more. The kids on the other hand see a glimpse of the real man behind that mask of hatred, but only that one glimpse.

2) They reach Goldy Pond. Sung-Joo is there... and in a dramatic turn of events, he turns on the humans to hunt them! A climactic battle occurs between Sung-Joo and the adult guy. The adult guy loses easily, but then Musica turns up to save them somehow.

3) Kids have to carry a wounded adult guy to safety.

Gambia's Grandma likes this.
  17. Gambia's Grandma

Gambia's Grandma

Bounty Points:
    I think they might get some more info or a clue referring to that specific Demon (maybe demon king) that keeps getting mentioned and the one Norman got fed too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 16, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 16, 2017 ---
    We actually don’t even know his name yet he still hasn’t opened up enough to reveal it

Blue Rose likes this.
  18. Birdy

Birdy

Bounty Points:
    Well, now we know what Goldy Pond is. So either Minerva is a sadistic jerk, or there used to be something else in Goldy Pond before it was turned into a hunting ground for wealthy demons.

19. Ryuudo

Ryuudo

Bounty Points:
    Looks like the latter is true

20. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I wonder if this thread should be closed, since we've extracted all the information from Goldy Pond:
    - Messages about the world and escape
    - Declaration of Minerva's intentions
    - Means to fight

Though It probalby should wait few more chapter since we still don't know what is the function of monitor room and if there is anything we haven't seen yet.

Birdy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice