Discussion What will they find at Goldy Pond?

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by Raycont, Oct 28, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    So in the current arc Emma, Ray and Mystery Dude have started their journey to the next shelter, "Goldy Pond". Emma and Ray hope that they will find Minerva there while Mystery Dude seems to be convinced that going there is not worth it.

So what do you think they will find there?

Will Minerva actually be there or will this just be the next stop on their scavenger hunt for Minerva?
    What kind of information do you expect or hope to get at Goldy Pond?

Another thing is that Goldy Pond is surrounded by Demon settlements. Why is that? Why would Minerva create this shelter in a Demon area? Or are these shelters just so old that the Demon settlements came after that? But if so, what does that say about Minerva?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    baditz, Blue Rose, Chris Mic and 2 others like this.
  2. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    I really don't think that Minerva is there at Goldy Pond. Feel like there will be a new clue and most likely a bit more of info about the world as well so it'll be like a clue hunting type of thing.

Now, as for demons surrounding Goldy Pond, maybe I'm going far off the deep end here but what if Goldy Pond is some kind of sacred place? Perhaps for demons like Sung-joo who have a God that they worship, Goldy Pond could be like a shrine or something and demons who share Sung-joo's faith are there because of this? I have no idea why I think this though ._.

3. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Same here, I also don't think that Minerva is there. It's too early for the kids to actually meet the man himself. Could there be more escapees though?

Well the question is, who named this place Goldy Pond? Minerva? The escapees? The Demons? The Demons have a weird language so I think it can't be them. But would humans actually give a demon shrine such a nice name? :camthinking:

4. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Escapees at Goldy Pond where demons lurk? I doubt it but there could be more escapees yes.

This made me think of something. Could it be that in the past the humans also had a religion which is what some of the older demons like Sung-joo inherited (somehow)? Like they could be following the same religion but overtime, the facts have changed so that's why its a bit different? I feel like it'd be a nice link between humans and demons, to essentially follow the same religion.

5. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I mean, "John" reached this place before so it's not impossible to get there, right?

Well, as we all know, humans have all kinds of weird religions.
    I for one believe that Sung-Joo and others like him just believe in the traditional ways of the same religion that the other Demons believe in but they are extremists in a way and think all the other Demons who have adapted to the changes in the world are heretics and deserve to die.
    Humans and Demons used to be enemies for all we know so I'm not sure about a link between their religions. :camthinking:

Ranjit, Blue Rose and Railgun99 like this.
  6. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, that's true. Wait, that means that he knows whats there.

Hmm, that could be true. I just meant that maybe there was a time when they weren't enemies? (if that is even possible). Goldy Pond also strangely reminds me of the 5th book from The Chronicles of Narnia where they were was pond in a cave that could turn things into gold, including humans so if you accidentally fell, it was game over for you :lmao:

Ranjit, Blue Rose and Raycont like this.
  7. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Well did he say that he actually went into the shelter? I don't remember. But it could also be that he reached this place but then he realized that it's impossible to get past the Demon settlements. But I got the feeling that he has actually been to the shelter before and not just once as he know multiple way to reach it.

Well that probably depends on whether or not the Demons have always been eating humans. And it seems like eating humans is a natural desire for them.

I haven't watched or read Narnia but I want that pond. :lmao:

8. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Hm, yeah. I wonder what he found there that he wants Emma and Ray to see, I feel like it'll be something really impactful.

Yeah, that's true.

Haha, same here xD Imagine how rich you could be! :lmao:

9. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Probably something that scared him off but that won't throw Ray and Emma into the same kind of despair as himself. :camthinking:

10. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Ah, wait, any chance that the poachers are the ones guarding/surrounding Goldy Pond? :camthinking:

11. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Yeah maybe the Poachers (possibly Cattle raiders?) are the ones who live in those Demon settlements! That would be an interesting development. I wonder how much stress going back there would put onto John?

12. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    I thought the Cattle raiders were confirmed to be the poachers :lmao:

Maybe this is John's character arc as well as Emma and Ray finding out about everything! I can definitely see by the end of the arc John being on good terms with the kids!

Raycont and Blue Rose like this.
  13. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Coming here late and you have to read everythimg to get a clue what is te discussion about :lmao:

About the idea of the fact that Goldy Pond is a shrine - it fits well. How to hide something from the demons? Place it somewhere they won't even think of looking for any danager/suspicion. So that would be a perfect cover, I can stand behind this theory.

What would be there? Something that would be a higher level of what was in the previous shelter. I expect newer/ more detailed books and some bread crubs toward crossing this world, or a way to survive there while exploring it. Imagine weapons that are beyond normal human knowledge, weapons that would actually help them fight.

Of course it won't be the last stop, but it will obviously have more information.

Raycont and Railgun99 like this.
  14. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    They were? I must have missed that, sorry. :lmao:

Sorry for the trouble. :lmao:

Well it does make sense in that way but on the other hand it also doesn't make a lot of sense because Minerva probably wants them to be able to reach this without dying, right? Unless of course he's trying to make sure that only escapees that are highly skilled can reach him. :camthinking:

Railgun99 and Blue Rose like this.
  15. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Apology accepted :kappa:

Here comes something I notied when they were exploring first shelter. Kids were changing clothes and thwere were no clothes fit for the youngest childern. Which means Minerva didn't even expect weak children to reach this place. It seems he wants only the best to reach top. I suppose there is something only special individuals can accomplish. That's why it's going to get only more difficult for now on - if you want to push forward, you have to be strong.

Raycont and Railgun99 like this.
  16. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    I'm not sure but I think so :lmao:

Raycont and Blue Rose like this.
  17. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Good observation. This could mean that he only wants the strong but it could just be that Minerva never expected that the situation of Emma and the rest would happen. I mean when you think about it under normal circumstances Ray's plan to leave the other kids behind would've been the best way to do this. They would've died if Sung-Joo and and Musica hadn't rescued them so I think it's reasonable for Minerva to not expect 4 years olds to reach the shelter.

But it does feel like things will become progressively more difficult. (And that makes a lot of sense just from a storytelling perspective)

Blue Rose and Railgun99 like this.
  18. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    That can be also the thing, but the point that things are getting more difficult now is also part of this. If it wasn't just Emma and Ray here, then I suppose squad would die quite fast. It was a good call that only they went forward, because only Ray and Emma are capable of surviving this. I matches Minervas idea of the fact that only the stronges would survive.

Raycont likes this.
  19. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    You have to remember though that right now they are purposely taking the short but dangerous route instead of the long but comparatively safe route. So they wouldn't necessarily all die but especially the youngest would be dead weight for sure. And if there are demon settlements it's much easier to hide when you're only a few people instead of a large group.

Blue Rose likes this.
  20. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    But the fact they are going this route because NoName wanted to have fun.

If for example - weak kids wanted to go there, they wouldn't be able to find the easy route, not even mentioning going through it, I'd call them stupid kinds for the purpsoe of the discussion. Stupid kids coulnd't even find the right way.

It's not a coincindence only Ray and Emma are trying to figure out Minerva code from the pen.

Raycont likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice