Discussion What is the Seven Walls?

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by Deleted member 10852, Jan 29, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    As of the latest chapter (Chapter 72) we find out from the recorded message left by Minerva (James Ratley) about the three options that the escapees can choose from.
    • Escaping with the kids safely to the Human World.
    • Breaking the promise and creating another all out war just like the times before the promise, a 1000 years ago.
    • Looking for the Seven Walls
    The only other time this has been mentioned before was the farewell with Musica where she gave a pendant to Emma and talks about there being "another promise". Obviously there's still a lot to be said about this as we know close to nothing about the seven walls but I thought it'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on what you think the third option besides rebelling or escaping could be? What do you think is the Seven Walls? What is this other promise than Musica mentioned after parting ways with the kids? What's the pendant for?

2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    So I tried to think outside the box a bit.

What if 'walls' are demons/ descendants of the demons who participated in the promise making?

7 demon heads who are responsible of keeping demons' end of the promise. They look at things more openly than other demons and are against war.

Pendant is a sign that belongs to Musica who is connected to them. When they see Emma with that pendant, they will agree to listen to her.

They might be the only ones who can change the promise.

3. Deleted member 10852

Bounty Points:
    7 demon heads.. That's quite interesting. I hadn't thought of that at all xD Completely agree on the pendant though. The way Musica worded it calling it a good luck charm that would keep them safe I think we can assume it's some sort of entry requirement to actually talk with the head of this place. Or the 7 heads haha.

Regarding the Seven walls though, other than what you said about them being against wars, I think these "demons" might be similar looking to Musica, being a bit more human looking. Not 100% sure about them being the descendants of the ones who made the promise as the way Musica talked about it, it sounded like they had an entirely different promise. Personally feel like they were formed after the initial promise. I wanna say forming to create peace with the humans but that might be a bit too obvious xD And I don't think Emma would need a pendant if that was their goal. The best I got so far is the fact that these "demons" are completely against, possibly the ideals of the other demons using the humans as live stock.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2018
    LogicoftheVI, Dazai and Blue Rose like this.
  4. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I think the stonger demon, the more human looking demon ;D

Still if they were so strong, why wouldn't they force other demons to oblige? The farms seem prosperous and there is no word about it being illegal. Only hunting is illegal.

5. Deleted member 10852

Bounty Points:
    If they are indeed stronger, maybe these human looking demons could possibly be outnumbered? Although rather than being just physically stronger, I like the idea of them being a lot smarter than the regular demons xD
    Wasn't referring to them being illegal, just that the ones in the seven walls are against the idea of such a thing even existing. Anyway that's just a rough idea of what I had in mind haha.

Was on the TPN subreddit today and found this. Does sound interesting. What do you think of this?
    Reddit link

LogicoftheVI, Dazai and Blue Rose like this.
  6. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    It contradicts Musica's good heart and is not something you would advise escapee kids.

The whole problem right now is that there are so many children that live and die without growing up there. Solution like this advised SPECIFICALLY to children who managed to survive is like asking for... let me put this like this:
    Asking North Korean people to kill off their entire population becase no one will suffer anymore.

Might be 'logical' in the long go but who the hell would change most likely death for certain death?

Wouldn't then be eeasier to just make all kids escape like in one of the other two solutions?

This idea doesn't seem right to me at all.

7. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    The seven walls could be like ancient monoliths with scriptures on them. Like poneglyphs :kappa: But I do think they could be these things which tell us about the demon world or why they're here. Maybe secrets of Earth!!
    xD This is probably important story wise.
    I can't imagine one of the completely misshapen and ugly demons being smart. However this is something I'd like to see.

8. Endeavor

Endeavor

Bounty Points:
    I think it's a place where demons that have not yet tasted humans and they dont want to, in order to live with human safely without hunting or being hunted.

9. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    7seas
    7continents
    7walls

TPN has the world map as we know it. So there might be a link. Havent thought on how 7seas or continents tie into the walls yet. Just throwing it out there since it might trigger a brainwave by someone

*edit

5oceans and 5 premium farms if you include the newly revealed trial plantation

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    LogicoftheVI likes this.
  10. B Rabbit

B Rabbit

Bounty Points:
    Have a strong theory the 7 walls are going to be a man/demon made epic center where they meet up and converse about ideals and trades. While having a N. and S. Korea divide where they can't cross.

LogicoftheVI and DuttyAsmodeus like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice