General & Other Was Roger's crew way stronger than a Yonko crew?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Rp4lyf, Jan 21, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Wai

Wai

Bounty Points:
    Judging by the little we were shown yeah. He went against Shiki's fleet only with Oro Jackson and prevailed.

2. Tenken

Tenken

Bounty Points:
    It was a whole country vs 1. But yes, even though the two dukes never fought at the same time, it was certainly at least 2v1

Gotenks likes this.
  3. Eustass D. Shanks

Eustass D. Shanks

Bounty Points:
    Jack had his crew, but yeah he was the last one standing so.

That shows that Jack > Inuarashi but he can stall him for a bit. The minks are mostly fodder plus some mid and low tiers the strongest is Pedro and he is a mid mid tier, i consider Vrrgo to be high mid tier,

4. Awakening_coming

Awakening_coming

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, unlike some people here say, Roger's crew was extremely unbalanced.
    Luffy's crew will be the closest to that, let's see how the weak and mid trio will grow.

Tejas likes this.
  5. Crumpington

Crumpington

Bounty Points:
    Don't forget that Oden, Inu, and Neko were on Whitebeard's crew before Roger's, so they can't really be used as an advantage for one over the other. Also, I feel like you're significantly overrating young Shanks. I always imagined him on a similar level to Buggy at the time, since they had a sort of friendly rivalry going on.

6. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    As strong as the WB pirates, but stronger than all other Yonkou crews.
    Remember that WB could have claimed the One Piece if he wanted to, but didn't because Roger told him about everything. But since they were so few I believe that individually Roger's crew members were stronger than the WB commanders. I mean, look at how strong Ray is...

7. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    Oden went to Raftel with Roger, so did Crocus and Rayleigh considers him a Roger Pirate.

8. Monkey D. Vagos

Monkey D. Vagos

Bounty Points:
    They were one of a kind. Possibly they were depending only on Haki usage and they werent devil fruit users as far as we know. They were focusing on overcome their haki limits. They didnt spend time training to synchronize df abilities with haki. That's why maybe all of them were Haki masters. Maybe the top tier guys all could use CoC. I mean Roger could hear the VOAL. Maybe he could tell who has the qualities of a king,thats why he invite them to his crew to be nakamas. And thats why they conquer the grand line.

9. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    We do know that Luffy is focusing in haki. He maxed out his devil fruit usage pre-timeskip with Gear 2nd & Gear 3rd. Gear 4th requires haki so Luffy is focusing on haki.

And I'm certain Shanks crew is an extension of Rogers crew since they are also Haki masters.

10. ugaynou

ugaynou

Bounty Points:
    Idk about Way stronger. But just Stronger? Yes.

Cyrus the Cactus and bluefire12 like this.
  11. lennon

lennon

Bounty Points:
    Nope, buggy = god level. Don't believe? Buggy said: "Don't fight" against shiki, and roger didn't have to, cuz an huge storm destroyed half of shiki crew in secconds. Coincidence? I don't think so... Buggy samma is god tier.

12. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    The One piece movie Stampede Villian was a Roger Pirate. He also had COC. So that is 5 Conquerors haki users in his crew.

Tejas and AllBlueReverie like this.
  13. Alejandro Murrieta

Alejandro Murrieta

Bounty Points:
    Imo, Roger's crew is more or less similar to other Yonko crew.

The only difference is Rayleigh existence. Allowing Roger's crew to have two Yonko level character.

The same with Strawhats, they'll have two Yonko level character too.

14. Rama_333

Rama_333

Bounty Points:
    Roger was strong, indeed, but I don't believe that he was that much higher than the current yonko, even though I hate to think that. You see, he and Whitebeard were on equal footing. He had to trick the poneglyph rubbings out of Big Mom, if I remember correctly. Imagine a grand competition between these four pirate groups- Roger, Whitebeard, Kaido and Big Mom, to see who wins the throne war. Roger's fortune was the greatest, so he won, thus becoming the legend that he is. Even Rayleigh mentioned that before Roger conquered the Grand Line, nobody paid much heed to him. Roger was an underdog, through and through. And as always, UNDERDOG RULES!!!:-D At least, that is how I perceive it.

Kyro Kakugi and Tejas like this.
  15. Luca

Luca

Bounty Points:
    This thread is a joke

Kyro Kakugi likes this.
  16. StealthBlack

StealthBlack

Bounty Points:
    Since he had 4 confirmed CoC users, maybe 5 with scooper, sure looks like it. Even if shanks was far from his prime.

17. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    No, he was not an underdog the time he became Pirate King. He was a pirate for 25 years before he became PK. Brook remembers Roger being a famous Rookie 53 years ago, before Brook died.

Roger was a Pirate for 28 years before he died. He was older than Big Mom. He is 8 years older than Big Mom.

18. ugaynou

ugaynou

Bounty Points:
    Definitely believe that too. Because I believe Zoro will be Yonko level after beating Mihawk since Mihawk is able to put up a fight against Shanks

19. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Several things wrong with this

1. Admirals and Yonko are probably roughly on par with each other
    2. We have no idea how strong Gaban was
    3. Oden was an ally, not a crewmate
    4. We have no idea how strong Shanks was in his teen years, but likely negligible compared to the big leagues. You talk about pre-skip Luffy "level" characters as if they'd make a difference in fights that involve characters on par with/stronger than YCs etc.
    5. Buggy is negligible when talking about the strongest crews, especially when he was younger
    6. Inuarashi and Nekomamushi were allies, not crewmates
    7. We have no idea how strong Crocus was. All we know is his aged physicals were far superior to the SH's at the time they were eaten by Laboon
    8. Who said Rayleigh stalemated Borsalino? He was losing and tired, Borsalino didn't seem to be too tired, if at all

How strong were the Roger Pirates? The strongest. How strong were they individually? You can hazard a guess
    Roger - the strongest pirate, so marginally stronger than the current top tiers
    Rayleigh - at his peak, he probably was on par with Admirals and Yonko
    He also probably had 2 more extremely powerful crewmates as the SH's seem to mirror the Rogers. These would MOST LIKELY be Gaban and Seagull
    For a time, while they were on the ship, Oden and the Minks would have been valuable assets, given Oden > Shutenmaru and Shutenmaru appears to be YC3 or thereabouts
    I suspect Crocus was similar to what we can expect from Chopper in terms of power EoS, so probably no stronger than base Sanji now at most

So overall, the likelihood is not that different, aside from having more YC+ tier members than the current Yonko crews, who seem to typically have 3

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  20. monster-trio

monster-trio

Bounty Points:
    Before he became the pirate king his crew always had a very small Advantage but after that they became too OP gor any yonko crew

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice