1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Vegapunk: Inanimate objects with Devil fruits

Only live things can eat, so how does Vegapunk make objects with Devil fruit powers?

Share This Page

1. Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, I'm agreeing to you. Let's say they are cyborgs too.

But another thing:

I don't know why that's important, that the others have to be cyborgs. Kuma is the only one with a devilfruit power. The normal Pacifista don't have any devilfruit powers. It's not that Vegapunk implanted devilfruit powers to the others (like light from Borsalino). Vegapunk didn't copie the fruits, he built machines who can create laser beams and so on.

Syed and SMILE like this.
  2. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    This theory says that all PX were inanimate objects, and I think they aren't. Devil fruits have nothing to do here. And one thing is they bleed, which made me believe that they are alive or something. Blood doesn't flows in dead.

3. Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, I know, but his intention was to make a bridge to giving devilfruits to "inanimate objects".
    But this relationsship between giving devilfruits to dead bodys (Pacifista) and Pacifista need to be cyborgs doesn't exists, because whatever Pacifista are, they haven't anything to do with giving devilfruit powers to them. So it's simply irrelevant for this matter whether they are cyborgs or not.
    Maybe I can't word it properly. xD

Syed likes this.
  4. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    "Pacifista: Pacifista are dead bodies, they bleed so it's also likely that Vegapunk possesses a method to give life to both dead and inanimate objects, inanimate and dead objects are essentially the same thing."

This what he said, he was to support his claim that vagapunk was able to give inanimate life through pacifistas. Which is wrong if they were humans. Though inanimate object were given life, I can't deny that.

El Daddy, Sirius and Steins;Gate like this.
  5. Micchan

Micchan Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Very interesting thoughts you have there. :) Now Tashigi and the kids of PH are on their way to where Vegapunk is as he shall cure their addiction. We should find out more about him and his research when this part of the story becomes relevant.

Hannibal Psyche and Steins;Gate like this.
  6. Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate

Bounty Points:
    Ahh, I got it now. :woot:
    Damn, Sorry and Dito then. You're right.
    Ignore my postings then. :p

Syed likes this.
  7. Marshall D. Usopp

Marshall D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    Vegapunk may have uranus, which may give life to the lifeless.
    I thought the pacifistas were clones of some sort. maybe they dont have great brain function.

8. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    A dead body and any object are no different to each other, they both can't move, grow, eat or possess consciousness.

A dead body is no different to a cup filled with blood, I wouldn't expect the cup to start moving or talking; they're both inanimate.

A Devil fruit like the Zoan devil fruit if it gave life besides ability would have been used to resurrect dead individuals if that were possible or there'd be rumours; in fact, Zoan fruits would probably be the most valuable of fruits were this to be the case and both Ace and Whitebeard may be alive.

Being that dead bodies and objects are inanimate and lifeless, it's very likely that Vegapunk does indeed possess a way to make them alive. It's only when anything is alive or at least conscious that it can eat a devil fruit.

Kuma and Pacifista are not the same thing, at least initially. Kuma is an android that was once alive and as gone modifications while Pacifista had to have been dead or inanimate from the beginning except Kuma has 1,000s of brothers or clones, lol.

Have to also bear in mind that Vegapunk is the only one able to create inanimate objects to possess abilities or Pacifista because he's a man possessing knowledge that's ahead of his time; so it's definitely not a simple procedure that anyone can just perform or Vegapunk wouldn't be an important character.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  9. Marshall D. Usopp

Marshall D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    That just isn't true.... Shoot a rabbits head off, and its dead. Headless rabbit runs around field for a while before it collapses, dead. Its just an involuntary reflex. It is dead while still running.
    Dead body swells (grows) in the heat of the day, and shrinks at night.

Virus's are not living most of the time. It is only when they find themselves in a suitable environment (ie a host body) that they spring to life and duplicate themselves countless times.

Inanimate substances can grow and shrink because of chemical reactions. Since your digestive system is lined with bacteria (cells that are not you), after you die they continue to digest (a small amount) of your food. Granted, you wouldn't be able to move the bm along as per usual, so it just falls out soon after you die. But in the mean time while its still in there, it is still being digested.

But - that being said - this doesn't really change anything about your post.
    Kuma is fundamentally different from the PXs.

Kuma was a cyborg, and finally gave up what was left of his humanity to become an android. He is the original.
    PXs are probably clones that either developed without brain function, or just right and proper clones that then had their brain functions suppressed. The either nonliving (no brain function) or living (brain function) clones were then made into human weapons. And will eventually be given dfs (prob), as their main purpose.

10. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    They're probably clones lacking brain function since they all do look like Kuma.

11. redturtle

redturtle

Bounty Points:
    I always thought that the awakened Zoans in Impel down were animals that ate Zoan fruits. It never made sense to me that if they were humans, that they just never turned back into human form

Syed and Hannibal Psyche like this.
  12. Hasashi

Hasashi

Bounty Points:
    what are your thoughts on possible differences between artificial zoans and regular DFs?

13. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    Excluded the Pacifista from theory; they're most likely clones which are alive without brain function as few have pointed out in their posts, nicely spotted. :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2015 ---
    This was my initial assumption too, but after noticing the lack of regression and Vegapunk's ability to give inanimate objects fruits, it seems they're toys. Still, if they're not toys, then I'd assume they're animals.

14. redturtle

redturtle

Bounty Points:
    I could see them being toys. Although, I doubt we'll ever find out, so it'll always be left up to speculation :p

Hannibal Psyche likes this.
  15. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    Currently clueless about Smiles, pretty curious about them.

Hasashi likes this.
  16. Hasashi

Hasashi

Bounty Points:
    artificial devil fruits, I'm just waiting for Oda to throw a surprise in there.
    It could range from having negative effects (absolute drawbacks) to it's limitations compared to regular DFs (relative drawbacks).

17. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    When Brook was defending against Kaidou's subordinate, Brook exclaimed about his power. Maybe they have odd powers besides just being Zoans. We'll definitely find out once we see a proper fight now the SHs are already fighting Kaidou's subordinates.

Hasashi likes this.
  18. Hasashi

Hasashi

Bounty Points:
    nice, making the connection there. Now there's even more to look forward to in the soon to come chapters.

19. HeroesNZ

HeroesNZ

Bounty Points:
    Nice write-up :eek:. The difference between a dead body and an inanimate object though is that souls leave when things die in One Piece and inanimate objects seem to have a soul as well. When Brook died his soul left his body. When a sword breaks, it's soul seems to leave it just like a dead body - perhaps that's why Zoro buried his sword.
    http://i7.***************/one-piece/195/one-piece-1691272.jpg
    Zoro sensed the presence of his sword and the rocks with Observation Haki, meaning that inanimate objects such as swords and likely guns etc... have a presence or a 'soul' too. Vegapunk probably found a way to mix the soul of a Devil Fruit with the soul of an inanimate object. The reason it works with Zoans is likely that when you give somebody a Zoan DF, they become like whatever animal the fruit gives them.

For example, Chopper was just a simple reindeer but when he ate his fruit he was given human intelligence. Animals can be tamed, so when an inanimate object is given a Zoan fruit it can likely be tamed and trained so that the user of the object is able to control it. Although inanimate objects can seemingly also be tamed as Zoro befriended/tamed his Sandai Kitetsu. Cursed swords are probably when the soul is corrupted somehow and in some cases takes over the soul of the user, leading to things like Hakuba.

Since Tashigi and the others are headed to Vegapunk I'm hoping that we'll get an explanation soon.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  20. Stormy

Stormy

Bounty Points:
    There's a big difference between paramecia's awakening and zoan's the awakened zoans in impel down didn't convert objects to zoans but they gained extra powers and regeneration speed, doffy who's awakened paramecia had a different ability

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice