1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Vegapunk: Inanimate objects with Devil fruits

Only live things can eat, so how does Vegapunk make objects with Devil fruit powers?

Share This Page

1. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    Hannibal Psyche submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Vegapunk: Inanimate objects with Devil fruits - Only live things can eat, so how does Vegapunk make objects with Devil fruit powers?

Click here to read further...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
    cFoo, Hasashi, Achilleus and 10 others like this.
  2. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    1- Pacifistas where humans actually, cause they are cyborg's not robot's
    [​IMG]

So this proves pacifistas where human not inanimate objects.

2- Zoan in Impel Down weren't regressing because they were awakened zoan's. So they are also not inanimate objects they also were humans.

Hasashi, SMILE, KGC and 3 others like this.
  3. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    Pacifista are human, albeit dead. They all look alike, I doubt Kuma had 1,000 identical others looking like him.

Funkfreed when knocked out didn't regress, he stayed in Zoan form because he doesn't possess a lesser form.

The ID Zoans too didn't regress because they don't possess a lesser form.

When Joker was knocked-out, his Birdcage and strings all disappeared; it doesn't mean his fruit is not awakened, fruits require the consciousness of the user to function. If Marco was knocked-out (who I assume is awakened), there's no reason for him to not regress to his human form.

Also, Awakening only affects the fruit by upgrading its powers, not the user. The ID Zoans not regressing doesn't mean they're not awakened, they just have no lower state to regress to and why didn't Funkfreed regress even though it's not awakened? They're inanimate objects like Funkfreed.

KGC and Syed like this.
  4. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    I doubt that dead people will bleed. About there identical faces there can be lot other ways to achieve that.

I agree with funkfreed but but ID Zoan weren't regressing because of their awakened ability probably weren't knocked out completely too.
    ^ this is referred from chapter 544
    http://img.**************/manga/one-piece/544/11.png
    The way he said this "They are awakened zoan, of course they'll get up again" is prove enough to believe it's due to their awakening. It's obvious to me now.

SMILE and KGC like this.
  5. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    It's not about doubting, even Funkfreed which isn't alive bled and it's just a sword; Pacifista are equally similar.

The Impel Down Zoans were knocked out, there's no such thing as not being knocked out completely; you're either in a state of consciousness or not.

Being that they don't have a form to regress to, their ability is continuously in function because they can't regress. Marco couldn't heal himself if he weren't in his Phoenix form, if he couldn't regress he'd also be continuously healing were that the case.

The Impel Down Zoans only lack complex though because they're made to be controlled like Funkfreed and the Pacifista; all are creations of Vegapunk. Marco is probably an awakened and he doesn't exhibit mental dullness.

All creations of Vegapunk if inanimate never regress in form, Lassoo the dog and Funkfreed; they're really similar if not the same with the Impel Down Zoans.

SMILE and KGC like this.
  6. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    We don't know enough about Devil's Fruit except that "superstition" that they are the souls of the devils of the sea, which might be inaccurate, because I can't get them Washu Washu devil or the Bara Bara devil, and I can't relate any soul power to anything else that is Paramecia.

Still I think that people with a low self esteem (low Haki) wouldn't be able to stand the transformation inside brought by eating the Devil's fruit.
    I think that associate a devil fruit to something weak has the devil overtaking the vessel that should instead control them.
    Look at Chopper, he wasn't able to endure a fight with the fruit's demon on Monster point.
    So in case of a Zoan, the devil can take control of the inanimate object or the user.

How Vegapunk can put a Zoan in an object?
    He makes a juice out of the fruit and puts object and juice in a vacuum tight chamber, then he boils the juice until the juice permeates the object :lmao:

7. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    Possibly using kairoseki, DF or Devil soul is weak against kairoseki. Don't know how though xD

SMILE, KGC, Harold and 1 other person like this.
  8. Amistad

Amistad

Bounty Points:
    Chopper is a reindeer who ate the human human fruit and all the times he was knocked out HE STAYED IN THE FORM HE WAS IN BUT NEVER REGRESS BACK TO A REINDEER WALKING POINT. VEGAPUNK CAN ONLY USE ZOAN DEVIL FRUITS BECAUSE ANIMALS HAVE BLOOD AND YOU NEED BLOOD to use a devil fruit. The Pacifisita are dead but that doesn't mean that there blood is drained but they are either in Kuma state or worse.

KGC likes this.
  9. Sontaran Gaming

Sontaran Gaming

Bounty Points:
    I disagree. When a zoan user gets knocked unconscious, the revert back to their most used, preferred form.

KGC and Hannibal Psyche like this.
  10. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    Good point, just noticed neither Lucci or Jyabura didn't revert to human form, interesting! Hole in my theory, lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 10, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 10, 2015 ---
    Actually, Mrs Merry the Mole Zoan reverted back to Zoan form after she was knocked out.
    [​IMG]
    Lucci too reverts, but we never get to see him do so until we see him in a cover page.
    [​IMG]

Based on this, I'm guessing the humans with Zoans end up regressing at some point. It wouldn't make sense if they're still in Zoan form despite being unconscious. Pretty confident this is accurate, but will come to a decisive conclusion in light of more evidence.

Chopper regresses to his base form when unconscious.
    [​IMG]

In light of the evidence, seems they do revert when unconscious, and if not immediately then eventually.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    KGC likes this.
  11. Marshall D. Usopp

Marshall D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    And as chopper progresses through the story (gets stronger) he is able to control monster point more and more. That is interesting. I think its similar to the sword's will / curses (the case with cavendish&hakuba). And also--chopper's fruit is still a huge mystery because he never is a human...

I wouldn't be particularly against vegapunk being able to temporally turn an inanimate object to life, in order to make it into a zoan user. But I think that you can only use zoans. Having a zoan wouldn't give you a second life, it would just change your body. Its like being a wearwolf. You may have two competing souls, the one you were born with and the animal's, but if either you die in human or animal form, your dead and the fruit re spawns.

I just think that it would be easier if all you had to do was cut into / smash the fruit with the object you wanted the fruit's soul to enter. I wouldn't think that the dog/gun lasso would have been made by vegapunk. How would it fall into such a fodder's hands? He probally made it himself.

What do you guys think about Usopp's Kabuto? It has been seen eating rocks and stuff for ammo. (reminded me of a bow wow from zelda) Is it actually alive? will it get a df?

Hannibal Psyche, KGC and Gabriel T like this.
  12. MindKloud

MindKloud

Bounty Points:
    Well, Chopper in a sense IS a human. He doesn't share the same appearance, but he does share the same behavior: namely his sound reasoning, intelligence, and ability to communicate with humans too. Just look at Rob Lucci, he possesses the Cat Cat Fruit, Model: Leopard, yet when he transforms he is STANDING. Leopards don't stand and this includes reindeer. To be precise, eating Zoan Devil Fruits allows you to mimic the properties of an animal but not become identical to them.

I agree with your second point though. Zoan Devil Fruits are probably the only way to grant inanimate objects lives of their own simply because Zoan Devil Fruits grant them a will. If we apply this to creatures that are already alive, it'll be like a second will, which makes sense because some Zoan Devil Fruits can potentially cause users to lose control of their consciousness and become berserk. This allows their animal instincts to take over because their bodies sensed they are in danger of being killed.

Your third point is questionable because if you just smash the Devil Fruit which acts as a unique container for the power, it would just wander off again in search of another fruit. By the way, if you're wondering how Spandam could grab a hold of Funkfree, his elephant sword, AND the two Devil Fruits (Ox Ox Fruit, Giraffe Model and Bubble Bubble Fruit) for Kaku and Kalifa, then your answer is the black market known as the Underworld. Remember that the World Government has ties to the Underworld which makes this entirely plausible given his authority.

Lastly, Usopp's Kabuto is a plant-based weapon that can grow to accomplish missions from a distance. If it can grow, then it is definitely alive seeing how it's able to chew ammunition on its own.

KGC and Marshall D. Usopp like this.
  13. Marshall D. Usopp

Marshall D. Usopp

Bounty Points:

I get what you mean, but with every other zoan user (that I can think of) the user is able to transform their body visually into that animal. Lucci actually looks like a leopard. The closest chopper gets to looking like a human is... not that close. He got the general shape down~ish, (skeletally) but is still covered in fur. And he seems to be one of the most experienced zoan users out there in terms of transformations (because of his rumble balls). Yes, he is very human in terms of his communication, mind, and behaviors. Its like the two users unconsciously went to either side of the df's abilities (one went for its strength and outward appearance and the other went for the animals inner workings - brain stuff.) So that actually could mean that we are only seeing a small portion of what a zoan df can do. And maybe awakened zoans actually turn into their animals... Using both their appearance and their brains.

For the third one, I was just spit balling because I wanted it to be something simple, so that anyone that had a zoan df could make a zoan weapon. But, I don't think that is confirmed yet - that it would just make the df re spawn if it is crushed. Yeah, I wasn't really wondering about spandam getting his hands on fruit. It seems that he could get them rather easily.

Not all things that grow are alive, but yeah this one definitely is. I don't really know why I asked that question lol. Since it is alive, that means that it doesn't have to eat a zoan fruit though. And that means that it could possibly eat (in theory) vander decken's mato mato no mi (if the user can use something else as a hand if it has none) and be a boss sniper already. Then with usopp wielding it-- well that would be awesome.

EDIT: Um, so After reading another thread, I thought that the ability to turn things to life could be possible for vegapunk. The act of turning inanimate objects to life is pretty powerful. And I wouldn't want that unless the power is coming from an ancient weapon (Uranus). If uranus can give life (while pluton takes life, and posidon controls life), and Vegapunk is using It to do that, then I would be perfectly fine with this theory. Which is great because I think that Dragon and Vegapunk are working together too.

KGC and MindKloud like this.
  14. KGC

KGC

Bounty Points:
    Awesome theory man...

Hannibal Psyche likes this.
  15. Vegeta

Vegeta

Bounty Points:
    Awesome Theory dude
    THe question is why do some some regress and some doesn`t ???

16. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    Chopper's fruit is called the Human devil fruit, yet he doesn't really resemble a human which is true; Blackbeard's devil fruit is called darkness, when one turns the lights off does gravity increase? Nope, but Blackbeard's darkness fruit is emulating a black-hole which is black and has properties of intense gravity ; the names of fruits don't always describe the fruit perfectly, but they give a vague idea of the identity of the fruit.

That being said, Chopper's devil fruit is referring to Evolution like how humans evolved from lesser primates into what we currently are over vast periods of time.

Take Chopper's Horn-point form pre-skip:
    [​IMG]
    Now, take a look at Horn-point's form post-skip:
    [​IMG]

If you compare the difference, this is unlikely to be attributed to growth (maturity) or his Horn-point form would just be bigger and still retain the same form. However, his new point form is distinguishably different, he can actually stand while in this form; his tail is up which allows him to keep balance; his horns actually bigger; an erect spine to allow him to stay upright and support his heavy horns, this is an evolutionary progression.

So as Chopper progresses, his points will become more advanced and adept to fit their purposes until they reach the pinnacle of their evolution.

Brain-point may likely evolve as will Monster-point and most likely all his points will be evolved when he awakens; this in a sense is Human evolution, but for Reindeers and the fruit would have better been named the Evolution fruit imo.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  17. Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate

Bounty Points:
    Hey HP. :D Cool theory again! :D

I don't think so.
    I think Zoan will grant life to dead things in this case. But nobody gets another life, because they're already alive if they're alive. They can't be "aliver" (or "alivest"). They will just grant life if it's given to a dead thing. That's what I would say.
    How Vegapunk is doing that, I don't know, not even an idea. :D To this aspect your theory is a good alternative.

Awesome! :eek:
    That's a good notice. :D
    Cool theory. :D

I don't think so.
    Kuma was alive (something human), so he really is a cyborg, but the other Pacifista are built along on his model. I don't think they were another alive beings. Kuma alone had special behaviors (carrying a "bible"), the others are all the same. So they are called cyborgs because her model Kuma is and they are looking the same, not because they are. That's what I assume. :D

18. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    So you are denying manga? :eek: Read what franky is saying. Or you meant something else?

El Daddy, SMILE and Steins;Gate like this.
  19. Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate

Bounty Points:
    Nope. Not I am, you are the one. :D
    Franky is wording "maybe" and "most probable way". Maybe Franky is right, maybe not with his guessing. :p
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 11, 2015 ---
    + He was implying from Kuma self to the others. Just because he is a Cyborg he is assuming the others are too. ^^

Syed likes this.
  20. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    Best is to assume franky is right. But you are right it's may be or may be not.

El Daddy, SMILE and Steins;Gate like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice