Haki Usopp's "Advanced Haki" Power measuring?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Ice D Fire, Oct 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    Observation Haki seems to be slightly different depending on the user, With the same basic things, but some slight differences. That's why I don't think Luffy's "Advanced CoO" will be exactly like Katakuri's. But with Usopp his was the first CoO that we actually "saw" someones "Aura". Unlike just sensing someone or somethings presence like others we've seen (Luffy sensing Caribou's during Fishman Island) Usopp's fits more with his personally and role as a sniper, seeing the aura of someone so he can hit them from a distance.
    Usopp just unlocked his Haki during dressrosa, and with Wano being a battle type Arc, we could see Usopp learn to control and improve his Haki by the end of it. Possibly to the point of being able to use it to see someones "true" power through their aura. Rayleigh stated, Observation Haki can be used to sense the strength of an opponent, and used it to tell 500 beasts were stronger than Luffy before his Training, but after we've not really used that function since then.
    Usopp being able to tell his opponents strength right from the get go does fit with his character, being able to tell right away so not to fight head on, and depending on how it's actually used( if used at all) we could get another way to measure strength (possibly a more accurate way) than Bounties.
    What do you think? Could being able to see someone's power through Aura be something you want? Does it fit with Usopp?

Luna <3 and Sanji_ like this.
  2. BOCCHI

BOCCHI Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    It's the basic of CoO to tell the strength of the opponent, any CoO user can tell such a thing. Luffy and Kata has the same CoO FS there is no difference in that regard the only thing you can mention is that Luffy's FS was just unlocked and infrequent so more training and fighting experience will get him where Kata at. if you focus while read and remember the panels, Usopp just need to learn how to master CoO and be able to use it at will to achieve such a feat which I'm sure he will reach soon. The aura part every CoO user can see, we just need to pay more attention and we will notice it as other characters has displayed.

Luna <3, Sanji_ and Guiding Thunder like this.
  3. Guiding Thunder

Guiding Thunder

Bounty Points:
    I don't think observation haki is dependent on the user, however, I do agree that individuals may have an affinity for a particular form of CoO e.g. sensing emotions (luffy) and sensing aura (Ussop).

Basic observation haki seems to cover all forms: intent, emotions, aura, strength etc. We have seen Luffy comment on how someone is strong (e.g. Fugitora, Inaraushi), he can sense emotions, aura and intent.

I think the distinction of CoO comes when specializing:
    • Katakuri can see the future ( Luffy too as per Katakuri's own words).
    • Fugitora can see auras, the type and state of mind (anger, joy etc.)
    • Otohime could understand the feelings and emotions of others.
    I think Ussop will be the same as Fugitora and Luffy will soon reach Katakuri's level, as for Sanji and Zoro I have no clue.

Luna <3, Sanji_ and BOCCHI like this.
  4. Sanji_

Sanji_

Bounty Points:
    It's interesting if ussop will be able to detect and sense the exact location of his target on an insane level if distance. For example if his bullets could reach 1km, then that should be at least his range or it will be like any other's..

5. BOCCHI

BOCCHI Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Usopp has a great potential in CoO and sniping capabilities that's insane and can't be expected.

Sanji_ likes this.
  6. Sanji_

Sanji_

Bounty Points:
    True that's basically what oda is trying to imply in that feat.. To be the greatest sniper.. No matter what the trajectory or projectile is, he could hit his target because of his insane coo..i am excited..

Luna <3 and BOCCHI like this.
  7. BOCCHI

BOCCHI Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Expecting great feats and combat development from Usopp in Wano.

Sanji_ likes this.
  8. Sanji_

Sanji_

Bounty Points:
    Where is ussop right now? Along with the dog mink?? I wish there was a training that occurred even for short period of time.. Hype is real for ussop when less has seen it coming..

9. BOCCHI

BOCCHI Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I believe he went with Law and Zoro group to Wano first tho I would be disappointed if he didn't train for awhile.

Sanji_ likes this.
  10. Sanji_

Sanji_

Bounty Points:
    Oh yrs i remember he was selling random things in the city . thanks for that..

BOCCHI likes this.
  11. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    But Usopp is the only one we've seen see aura.

12. BOCCHI

BOCCHI Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    You also have Fuji and Luffy on panel. The thing is we got a different point of view from someone(Usopp) the moment he unlocked CoO. Let's not forget people and attacks have auras as well.

13. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu

Bounty Points:
    Would be dope if he can measure people's strength like Dolor's eye

Ice D Fire and BOCCHI like this.
  14. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    When did Luffy do it? I don't remember that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 15, 2018 ---
    That's my thinking. Having Usopp has a way to measure for the Readers.
    A show not tell approach.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice