1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Trafalgar Law's Death

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Nizo, Jul 5, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Is Trafalgar Law going to die ?

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nizo

Nizo

Bounty Points:
    I thought about that a long ago and it seems quite logical after the opening came out.
    I think Law is gonna die, He will use that surgery that Doflamingo talked about to make Kaido mortal so luffy can defeat him.
    Why do i think this will most likely happen ? : It's kinda obvious, how is Luffy going to defeat Kaido, knowing the fact that he is immortal ? That only means there are three options for luffy :
    1- Either he is going to be wiped out along with his teammates.
    2- He is going to defeat Kaido
    3- He will run away.
    The first and the third options will never occur ( Because the manga will continue for about 5 years as i know, that's why luffy can't die ) and luffy isn't the kind of guys who would run away from a battle. So, we are only left with the second option. :)
    I wanna hear your thoughts about this theory :D

Spider, Cpt. and Vegeta like this.
  2. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Highly doubt it. Law was ready to die in Dressrosa but he survived. After that Sengoku told him that he is a free man now and he should live on and if Corazon would have been alive, he would have tell him the same. This plus the fact that Law is aiming for the One Piece as well pretty much shows that he is not gonna die.

WIth his alliance. Mind you, that the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Alliance was specifically made for the fight against Kaido.
    [​IMG]

Luffy is not alone.

It was never stated that Kaido is immortal. He is a beast who always survived. Luffy and co don´t even need to kill Kaido but need to defeat him and it was said that Kaido was defeated many times which means that a huge alliance has a chance to defeat him.

or 4. Luffy is gonna defeat Kaido with the help of his alliance and with maybe even the help of his Grand Fleet.

3. Nizo

Nizo

Bounty Points:
    So you're telling me that luffy is going to defeat a man who has never experienced death before ? i know that he has been defeated several times, BUT, was he killed ?
    Let's suppose that luffy takes him down ( like other marine and yonku did ), he will just get up and fight like nothing happened lol.
    Assuming that luffy will call his grand fleet to fight with him, how is that going to help him ? i mean even if they manage SOMEHOW to calm him down and put kairouseki chains on him, he will just break them as shown in the first introduction of Kaido. AND, Kaido also managed to stop King Kong gun bare handedly, just how do you think the others will stand a chance against him xD ?

Vegeta likes this.
  4. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Luffy has never killed any opponent of him and he most definitely is not gonna do that ever. It is not like Luffy would defeat Kaido and Kaido would just immediately stand up again as if nothing happened. Once Luffy and co will defeat him, he will be down for quite some time and the most important thing after the fight will be the media. The media will spread Luffy´s victory all over the world and everyone will know about this. Blackbeard defetaed Marco in the payback-war and after the victory he bacame a Yonko. Luffy will not accept any Yonko title but people will know how strong he is. Regarding Kaido...Oda will find a way. We know that Kaido is quite emotional as he was cring because Doffy was defeated. So this could play a role as well. Other than that i think Kaido is the type of guy who would accept his loss and would respect Luffy after that in one way or the other.

5. Nizo

Nizo

Bounty Points:
    No : " Kaido is a merciless and confident warrior who never misses an opportunity to gain an advantage in war, as evidenced by his plan to attack Whitebeard during the latter's attempt to save Portgas D. Ace from execution.[14]He apparently craves excitement, as he is prepared to start the largest war in the world because he felt it was too mundane.[15] This recklessness, coupled with his apparent inability to die, has caused Kaido to make attempting suicide his hobby " Source : One Piece Wikia
    I'm sorry, but how is that going to happen ? i can't bring myself to imagine a scenario where Kaido is losing..
    Sorry for my stuborness, but thinking about the idea of Kaido is going to be defeated by luffy and the others is giving me headache xD

6. CrushinDefeat

CrushinDefeat

Bounty Points:
    Mate you need to fact check ALOT of what you're referring to... because most of this argument is things you're thinking or misinterpreting.. let me break down what you're saying...

First of all. Doflamingo stated Law could give one immortality via Pernial Youth Surgery which requires the user of the Ope Ope no Mi to sacrifice their lives to give one immortality. It was NEVER stated that to get rid of immortality someone with the Ope Ope no Mi would need to sacrifice their lives to make one mortal.

Secondly Kaido is not immortal.... its never stated anywhere in the manga... he may be depicted as being immortal due to the fact that he's survived 1000's of kinds of torture, survived being impaled, hung, had the guillotine brought out onto him, but regardless he always survived. This may give off the idea of being immortal, but he isn't. He's just EXTREMELY durable, and very hard to kill or damage.

So there you have it... Law isn't dying anytime soon..... and if he is... he's not dying for the reason you mentioned UNLESS Oda:

1. Establishes the Ope Ope no Mi can grant and DISMISS (key word here) Immortality
    2. Kaido is Immortal

Until this happens... Law's not dying for the reasons you stated....

Treacle, SMILE, RulZ and 1 other person like this.
  7. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    @CrushinDefeat imo Kaido would have immortality just because of how Oda focused on that specific ability of the Ope Ope no Mi

Kuroh likes this.
  8. Nizo

Nizo

Bounty Points:
    I think i misunderstood that. Thanks for making it clear :)
    Look at his body. Seriously, how could someone survive massive torture and suicide without being immortal. I know it's not stated but it's obvious.
    If his body really was extremely durable, this durability will fade away by time, but it didn't, he is still durable ( he tried to suicide but that didn't work ), what does that mean ? Basically, Eternal durability, in other words, immortality.

9. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    So? Kaido is someone who would take the oppurtinities to win yeah but i am talking about once he has lost. Luffy is known for manipulating people's minds unconsciously. There is no proof that Kaido would go crazy after Luffy with the reason to kill him after he would lose to him.

Luffy has said more than one times already that he will defeat Kaido ---> Luffy is the main protagonist --> it's really not difficult to accept that Kaido will have to
    lose.

10. Nizo

Nizo

Bounty Points:
    Sorry, i don't really know about that. It might be true but i never heard of it.
    Luffy also said he would save ace a lot of times, but he didn't (even though he is the main protagonist ). Unless Oda decides that luffy will get some Ultra-super strong move or awakening, i don't really believe that a Yonku will lose pretty damn easily.

11. CrushinDefeat

CrushinDefeat

Bounty Points:
    Theres no correlation mate.... otherwise Oda would have specified that.... Kaido is at most extremely durable... especially if he goes and picks fights with Newgate who could rip the Earth in half.....

EDIT: Also this is just in general but Im annoyed that people think Law NEEDS to sacrifice himself in order for this situation to work.... There are 1000's of ways for Kaido to be defeated.....

A Gamma Knife... his Shadow stolen.... turning into a toy.... getting blasted off the planet.... but Law killing himself MUST be the only way to defeat him.... come on guys.... seriously...

What is with this notion that in order for Luffy to defeat Kaido, Law must die... that makes no sense.... You're going to tell me that after everything we've been through Law's purpose alone was:

1. Helped orchestrate the defeat of Doflamingo
    2. Become a sacrifice for ending Kaido....

Also @Monkey D Theories if you want to discuss the reason why the Ope Ope no Mi was so hinted at for its ability fine I'll do you one better.... Law was the one that called for a Pirate Alliance which Nico Robin specifically stated (or rather Oda forshadowed): "usually end with a betrayal"

Im not stating one will occur, but if one does.... how does it occur without Law.... when he was the one to call for it...

You see why you can not attempt to use forshadowing in your argument or hints, because I could go back to previous points in the manga and do the same... food for thought...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    SMILE and Monkey D Theories like this.
  12. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Who's saying it will be "pretty damn easily"? I said he will defeat him with the help of his alliance and the Grand Fleet might help as well.

We have:

• Luffy, Sanji, Zoro and the remaining SH's (Luffy said Sanji is worth 1000 men which means that being outnumbered doesn't mean the SH's would lose)
    • Law + crew
    • Raizou
    • Nekomamushi
    • Inuarashi
    • Pedro and all the other Minks
    • Kinemon
    • Kanjuro
    • Samurai's waiting in Wano
    • Most likely Marco the Phonix
    • Probably Kidd + crew
    • Probably Jinbei
    • Probably Drake
    • Grand Fleet for emergency
    And maybe even more.

Luffy will have a hell of a match which would be everything but not easy. But he will win...even if he would lose the first time, he will win anyway in the absolute end. Not saying all those people named above will jump on Kaido but that the Luffy alliance will defeat the Kaido alliance.

13. RulZ

RulZ

Bounty Points:
    First of all, he doesn't need to beat him alone. He will probably deliver the final blow(s), but that's just it. I expect most (if not all) the supernovas to be present during their fight, and fight alongside him.
    Secondly, Kaido may or may not be immortal. I do believe that, eventually, Law will give up his life in order to perform his surgery on someone (perhaps Luffy) but there's no indication that the Ope Ope no Mi can reverse the surgery, so Law won't sacrifice his life to remove the hypothetical immortality from Kaido.
    Also, Kaido can get damaged, as shown by his wound on his lower right rib side.
    Most people have never experienced death before :p

Treacle and Kuroh like this.
  14. StevieV

StevieV

Bounty Points:
    1. Captain Kuro
    2. Don Krieg
    3. Arlong

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  15. Kuroh

Kuroh

Bounty Points:
    At some point I was thinking that also. But if Law would just die during Wano arc, I feel like it would be too soon. He just defeated Doflamingo and became friends with the Straw Hats. I think that Law will have a significant part to play in the plot.
    We also need to get a confirmation that Kaido is immortal. I do not recall anywhere stating that. He could be just beastly strong or smth, cuz it is One Piece. Also, that could be one of the reasons he is called the Beast.

StevieV likes this.
  16. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Well the big problem with this whole thing is that we don't even know if Kaido is immortal. He could be extremely durable for all we know. Also, we have no idea if Law's fruit would be able to make an immortal person revert back to being mortal.

Assuming that he is immortal and all, I still don't think that Law is going to die from this. Their goal is to defeat Kaido. Not necessarily to kill him. With that said, it wouldn't even matter if he was immortal because they don't have to kill him, but just beat him down.

StevieV likes this.
  17. Aru

Aru

Bounty Points:
    Mentioned it in a previous thread, but there's a possibility that Law may eventually sacrifice himself in order to save Luffy...

We just saw on these last few chapters that lifespan is a 'thing' in the One Piece Universe... Perhaps, eventually, Law might switch his lifespan with Luffy's in order to save his life and, therefore, make the ultimate bet on him becoming Pirate King...

Just an idea though...

18. Fire_Fist_Recca

Fire_Fist_Recca

Bounty Points:
    hmmmm Is it proven that Kaido is immortal?
    I don't think Law will die, it's too early for him to die and I would love to see all super rookies fighting each other or fighting with each other.

19. Sawamoron

Sawamoron

Bounty Points:
    Only d
    Only dbz characters have experienced death before... arlong was alive when he fought vs luffy wasnt he? :D u can say "close to death" or smth but this is baaaka

StevieV likes this.
  20. zzdusk

zzdusk

Bounty Points:
    Is the op saying if kaido becomes mortal luffy can beat him. Spears don't break just because u can't die. U can't sink ships just because u can't die.

Ussop could be immortal but he is never going to break Spears or sink prison ships.

So in the long shot luffy should try to beat him first before he thinks of how to kill him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice