Discussion Tower Of God [General Discussion]

Discussion in 'Tower Of God' started by Riley Escobar, Jul 21, 2013.

Share This Page

1. ashfr

ashfr

Bounty Points:
    Depends on what you mean, the Dallar Show is over.

Okay, look, this series is really good for what is, but is it just me or is this really slow? I recall how the first floor trials had rapid fast pacing, and the Season 2 beginning parts went by fast too. But since the Train Arc started, it's been really slow. Dallar Show had one of the series best moments in Rachel and Khun's shining moment - but it took forever. The Name Huntion was a breather arc and had blow away good art, but it went by quite slow. This arc is mostly straightforward, but it's not much faster.

2. Gotta catch'em all

Gotta catch'em all

Bounty Points:
    Arcs with formats like this are slow regardless of manga and usually end up with a lot of people losing interest. The author kinda dug a hole for himself by making this because a lot of people I know dropped it.

3. Vihyungrang

Vihyungrang Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Does anyone remember this guy?
    [​IMG]

So much hype was made around his Ultimate Defense and Ultimate Counter, but I'm pretty sure current Baam would destroy him with 5% of his power.

I'm glad SIU introduced meaningful villains like Karaka and White who could continue to challenge Baam even if he got much stronger. Apart from Rachel there aren't any villains who fought Baam or/and can also be a threat to him in the future.

Riley Escobar and Kaiser like this.
  4. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    Yeah I remember Varagarv, but with Baam as he is now, he would easily annihilate him. Plus it is good to have decent villains for Baam, but I'm not sure we can count White, now that he's trapped in the Floor of Death. Not to mention, as Hoaqin he was a decent villain for Baam, but if he was in his full form as White, he would've been much better.

Riley Escobar, Kaiser and Vihyungrang like this.
  5. Vihyungrang

Bounty Points:
    Actually before fighting Karaka, Baam had not fought a single villain who was actually very strong. It took him around 320 chapters or so to fight someone who was a High Ranker level. I'm not including Ha Jinsung, Yu Hansung and Mazino because they were either training him or not villains. Even the Ranker Baam fought was only teaching him a lesson.

Unlike others, Karaka and White are also different because they can continue to get stronger and have not revealed their full powers as of yet. The villains who came before them were all mostly weaklings who Baam could destroy at the moment.

Riley Escobar and Shinji like this.
  6. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    That's a good point, but White really seems like a villain that won't come back around for a while, after being trapped in the Floor of Death and I'm not sure he's actually in his full form yet either. But he's still a good villain for him down the road. As for Karaka, he's still a major player against Baam, even for the moment. But it should still be a while before we see his full powers as well.

Riley Escobar and Vihyungrang like this.
  7. Vihyungrang

Bounty Points:
    I think Gustang extracted the souls from White so White is no longer trapped in FOD, although he can no longer use the power of those souls.

Riley Escobar likes this.
  8. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    Well if that's the case, then I guess his main goal now would be to reclaim his original body, but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

9. Vihyungrang

Bounty Points:
    White is truly powerful when he has all his 5 clones as well as the power of souls that he absorbed. Right now he's only 4 clones without any souls. I assume that he'll at least get the power of the 5th clone.

SIU revealed in an after-word that Gustang is not only an extremely influential character but also a 'villain'. I'm quite certain Baam will have to fight him at one point. But that's still very very far away. Baam will have to face all of FUG and RED before that.

10. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    Who of his souls does he actually have at the moment, as I'm trying to make sense of what is happening with White?

11. Vihyungrang

Bounty Points:
    In his prime, Hoaqin had all his sibling clones as well as the power of the billion souls he had absorbed and called himself White. After he was defeated by a Zahard Princess(probably Arie Hagipherione Zahard), he lost all that and went back to being Hoaqin.

Currently, Baam has his power of billion souls and White's final clone has still not been found. So White has only the power of 3 clones that he absorbed on the Hell's Train. He tried to use the souls on FOD as a replacement for the billion souls Baam took from him. But that plan was foiled by Gustang.

Riley Escobar and Shinji like this.
  12. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    So it's as I thought. At the current time, Hoaqin only has the souls of Anna, David & Vicente. But the final clone was seen around the Hell Train, although it wasn't by Hoaqin. Also Albelda has been absorbed that final clone. That all sounds about right.

13. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar - The Wanderer - Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I hope he comes back even though Baam will wreck him right now but would love to see say someone like Ran defeat him as he has yet to return

14. Kaiser

Kaiser

Bounty Points:
    Damn! There was so much hype behind him. But yeah, Baam will be able to defeat him with relative ease about now.

Vihyungrang and Riley Escobar like this.
  15. Riley Escobar

Bounty Points:
    I dont think with ease as Varagrav yes is much weaker but his abilities are still dangerous even for Baam as of now still

Kaiser likes this.
  16. Kaiser

Kaiser

Bounty Points:
    His abilities are impressive, yes, but he (as in the person) wouldn't pose a threat to Baam. He's the strongest in the E-Rank. Baam has already surpassed that. Granted, for all we know he may have gotten stronger, but as of the latest stats that we have of him, he's not a threat.

17. Riley Escobar

Bounty Points:
    He still is a threat as i doubt he has been sitting on his backside all this time as when he returns its likely to FUG orientated or Baylord Yama. Baam where he is has surpassed him but still a fight between the two will be catastrophic to both as baam will likely get hurt as his body is still as fragile as then.

Kaiser likes this.
  18. Kaiser

Kaiser

Bounty Points:
    That's in part what I meant. As of the latest stats that we have of him, he's no threat. But if he has been getting stronger, which I hope, then yes, I can see him give Baam a fight.

19. Riley Escobar

Bounty Points:
    but to the point the majority have stated Baam may have the "Red Thryssa" however Baam doesn't even know how to control that ability and then yes i would state Baam will defeat him effortlessly.

The problem is still Varagrav has the ultimate defense and counter ability with them wolves and is injected with them genes specifically so makes you wonder if he does come back will have his rematch with either him or Androssi.

Kaiser likes this.
  20. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    It wouldn't be too surprising if he does come back, but if by the point that he comes back and Baam does have control of the Red Thryssa, then I'm not entirely sure what kind of match he would give to Baam. But if Baam doesn't have complete control, then I think it will be more of an interesting match between the two.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice