1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Totland is really an all you can eat buffet for Big mom (chapter 827 spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Jay159, May 27, 2016.

Tags:

Share This Page

?

do you agree or disagree with this theory

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay159

Jay159

Bounty Points:
    The first time we saw big mom, in chapter 651,
    [​IMG] we sea big mom unapologeticaly eating her crew members her nakama
    and in this pannel
    http://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/3424/16-175.pngin this pannel it's repeatedly called tea party from hell and the cloud even asked "will it be made from someones blood"

with what we've seen of big mom she's an evil cannibal so i imagine we were all a bit surprised when in the most recent chaptor
    "that's...what mama dreams of a utopia were all the races from around the world can live in harmony without discrimination prejudice or segregation and by that i mean literally all the races of the world"

so big mom's actually nice haray straw hat alliance yay. but wait she still ate her crewmates her nakama. and the claud and the head in boxes thing

no mama's definatly evil which means her dream is probably not as nice as pekoms thinks, she has an alterior motive to creating this racial equality utopia.

One piece has always had a theme of dark secrets being hid beneath a mask of happiness. the world government, Sabaody, fishman island, dressrosa, punk hazard, all these islands have apeared one way and been another.

Sabaody what at first apeared to be a bright and colorful amazing place complete with an amusment park and smiles everywhere turned out to be a giant horrible mess of racism slavery and world nobel assholery

fishman island apeared to be a utopian island of bright colors and happy faces but hidden in the background was a dark history of racism prejudice and horribleness.

punk hazard appeared to be a desolate island with no life turns out it housed a secret laboritory where children where being poisoned. and a dark history

Dressrosa at first bright colors happy faces secretly ruled by the devil who would destroy lives and enslave people.

totland won't be any different big mom has a secret and i think i know what that secret is
    She's a Cannibal who loves food of different types i bet she wants to have all the races in one place so she can have all the different types of "food" in the world. food being people

Totland is very Hansel and Gretel a bunch of islands made of candy a mama children big mom's the witch and her citizens and nakama are the children.

Big Mom is ok with eating her crew So she'd probably be ok with eating strangers. and what better buffet for a cannibal then one with every race in the world fattened up by kingdom of candy

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    This is basically what i was thinking. It all seems a little "too nice", if ya know what i mean. It's introduced as some amazing dream land, or utopia. If i'm not, isn't there a fairy tale, with this kinda setting? I might be wrong on that.

But she's definitely not a nice person lol. It seems kinda weird to say she'll just eat people though. Perhaps she has them cooked, or she can do some weird stuff with them, to make them edible?

3. Jay159

Jay159

Bounty Points:
    well in the panel where she ate those people she just ate them alive perhaps her devil fruit can turn people into candy but that's a theory for another post

4. Mugi.D.Wara86

Mugi.D.Wara86

Bounty Points:

This is exactly how i feelt after reading this chapter. Very Hansel and Greta. Candy islands to fatten up the people, so she can snack on them, also the part where pekoms mentions that she wants all races i tought at once of her eating people of all over the world :S

But that beeing said, i feel that theire has to be a specific reason (besides her beeing a canibal) for her to eat people.

Like one example "she might draw power from eating people" "Or maybe her devil fruits forces her to eat people".

Im not saying its not possible for her to be "just a canibal" but assumening how Oda works, it feels like theire is allways theese layers to the Evil Secrets you refer to.

Like you find out that she is evil because she is eating people, but some chapters later it deepens and something else about that surfaces.

But im super hyped to see what happens next :D

5. Jay159

Jay159

Bounty Points:
    hmm 3 people disagree but don't explain why tis abit of a shame
    --- Double Post Merged, May 31, 2016, Original Post Date: May 31, 2016 ---
    also it's ver weired that my april fools theory where i said zonisha was a giant robot got more attention then this one :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2016 ---
    darn it's 50/50 interesting

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. marc.a

marc.a

Bounty Points:
    i agree with you, i think the weddings going to be held on top of a wedding cake with sanji and pudding on top of it and the guests sitting on the lower floors and all she wants is to eat that cake

[​IMG]

7. Aru

Aru

Bounty Points:
    Something is definitelly off with this whole 'Utopia' concept... But at the same time Oda-sensei clearly painted her as this nice fat opera singer, he also made it clear that she is a monstruous human being... Too good and too bad at the same time... I really can't understand which would be the true side... And getting to understand that would be necessary in order to agree or disagree with what you proposed there...

Dunno if I made myself clear... But confusion is what Big Mom causes me to feel... Lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice