Manga Chapter Toriko Chapter 367: Those Tears!!

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussion' started by Hi Shin Unit, Apr 15, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Rate the chapter

1. Bind blowing

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Epic

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Meh

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Yet you derive those conclusions without knowing whether Acacia's strength is different now that he is using Neo's body rather than his original body. I admit, when Jirou was killed via knocking I thought and still do think it was an underwhelming defeat, but I feel this may be being used to just show us how powerful 'Acaceo' is

Also, it's not really stupidity to let Acacia talk when he's asking questions. His tongue ability looked even more abnormal than Midora's which makes me think that was Neo's ability; probably something Jirou was unaware of.

Man... Guinness gonna not smell Jirou, completely flip out and attack Neo from afar, maybe do an incredibly powerful inhalation that really hurts Neo/Acacia and suffocates all the Nitro whilst he survives in the vacuum, would make a lot of sense. It would be too much trouble if Acacia got his hands on GOD again, whatever that may specifically be

I don't think Neo's in control if it's Acacia using Neo's body. Because Neo was Acacia's appetite demon and furthermore; eating Acacia's full course allows you to completely control your demons and cells - I don't think he will have lost this ability

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  2. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    I derive those conclusions from reading the manga, and knowing Jiro is decades old, and holds a vast knowledge within himself..... I know Jiro knows everything he knows about fighting because of Acacia, due to Acacia stating it himself... Therefore Jiro should have known Acacias strength from the beginning, and shouldn't have allowed him the chance to be able to defeat him in the first place......Curiosity is also stupidity........ And thats exactly what was Jiros downfall....

3. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    You make a fair point, but we don't know whether he actually ever fought Acacia or whether he was just trained by Acacia, which could make a huge difference, I'm just thinking of possibilities

4. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    And thats what I am saying... Regardless of if Jiro ever fought Acacia seriously, he himself was taught by Acacia... So he should have been fully aware of Acacias strength.... Jiro might be cocky, but not cocky enough to underestimate the strength of the person who sealed his true power in the first place..... He made a stupid mistake, all because his curiosity got the better of him......

5. HOLY ONE

HOLY ONE

Bounty Points:
    What a chapter. I mean what a chapter!!! To think that this is how Mitsutoshi would handle Jirou just makes me shake my head in disappointment. After all this time, after all the things that Mitsutoshi got us hyped about...all surrounding Jirou and to see him end like this is truly frustrating. Not only did Jirou not get a a good death, but the way it was handled was just straight up bad. And it honestly looked like Jirou was a joke in his death too.

I ask myself how this can happen and it comes to none other than 1 fact. The fact that Shonen Jump is pushing Mitsutoshi to end. People should not be hating Mitsutoshi for the chapter. Instead, all that rage and frustration should be pointed towards Shonen Jump for failing to realize how great of a series Toriko is. And if a character like Jirou was always doomed to die, it should have happen at least more than 5+ years down the line. With the whole Atom and Earth gathering, it took no more than a few pages. Hell, we never even saw Coco and Sunny gather them. We only saw them with them. Really now? And you would think that Mitsutoshi would at least go into detail about how they were gathered, but he didn't.

That cannot be his fault as he is not the one that has the freedom to continue writing his story at his own pace, but instead Shonen Jump that dictates how long a series would run for. If they don't like the series, or aren't generating much revenue from Toriko volume sales, then surely, they would try and cut it. That is what is happening to Toriko as of now and @NamelessNomad alluded to it in this thread. It it all but true.

Now, on to the chapter. It started well. All was going good, Acacia being evil...or was it NEO speaking for him? Only time shall tell. Then I got to this panel and I was hyped to all hell:
    [​IMG]

And then to my disappointment, I
    http://img.***************/cdn/manga/92/3355/13.png http://img.***************/cdn/manga/92/3355/14.png
    Wait wait wait. Do my eyes deceive me? Is this actually how Mitsutoshi is handling Jirou? :faceplam: I know what happened. All went to hell. That's right, Jirou was a bonified joke. ,To think that he wouldn't release all the damage he had taken for centuries. Or was it because he was too cocky about his own abilities? Nevertheless, it was pretty foolish to not release the knocking. And that is it...that's the end of Knocking Master Jirou. Jirou had a death even worse than a canidae. I don't even know what to say anymore.

NamelessNomad likes this.
  6. Dragonics

Dragonics

Bounty Points:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice