Discussion Top 5 Favourite SnS Characters

Discussion in 'Shokugeki No Soma' started by Shinji, Mar 22, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    Out of all the characters that we've seen thus far in the series, tell us who your top 5 favourite characters and why? :)

Here is my current top 5:

1. Sōma Yukihira - Even though he is the main character, I just can't help but like him, because he is an interesting character and I really like his personality.

2. Ryō Kurokiba - What I like about Ryō is his attitude when he is in the zone. Plus after all that we've seen from him lately, he is definitely looking like more of a badass character.

3. Satoshi Isshiki - I really like Satoshi, because even though he comes off as such a nice character, I can't help but imagine that he has some hidden intent about something and that definitely makes him interesting to me.

4. Akira Hayama - I like Akira mainly for his attitude when it comes to cooking with spices, but also for his personality in general and even though we haven't seen him lately, I'm getting keen to see just how much he may have improved since the Autumn Election.

5. Alice Nakiri - I must say I really like Alice for hilarious personality and I also like her for just how good she can be at cooking, when she's actually serious.

Raftie, Hi Shin Unit, Soma and 2 others like this.
  2. The Buddha

The Buddha

Bounty Points:
    Yukihira Soma- His carefree nature is similar to mine xD. He doesn't give 2 sh*ts about status and is very straight forward.

Saiba Joichiro- Don't know exactly why but I like his character and his antics which he also handed down to Soma :lmao:

Isshiki- His character, his clothing and his antics. He is a comedy piece :lol:

Takumi Aldini and his brother- They are awesome, especially the way both of them act about Soma. Takumi's rivalry and his brother's teasing.

Megumi- She looks weak but she is good. I think her under confidence makes her lovable.

Hi Shin Unit and Putu like this.
  3. Pirate•king•Luffy

Pirate•king•Luffy

Bounty Points:
    1. Soma - I like his character design and he is badass at times.
    2. Alice - My favourite female character in sns.
    3. Isshiki senpai - Funny and hilarious
    4. Senzaemon - I like old badass characters in ever anime.
    5. Erina - I root somaXerina so I like her.

Hi Shin Unit, LogicoftheVI and Putu like this.
  4. Kyro Kakugi

Kyro Kakugi

Bounty Points:
    1. Yukihira Soma - Finally a "overpowered" main character, that is not just a shallow shell. He's the driving force behind the plot and has yet to dissapoint me, from a character perspective.

2. Rindo Kobayashi - I just have a weak point for characters like her. Mysterious, but blunt. Loud, but observing. Quirky, but cool.

3. Akira Hayama - Simply for the fact that he is the prove that Soma is NOT so "overpowered". There are other people in his Generation that can do just as good as him, if not even better.

4. Megumi Tadokoro - A change of breath air in the large pool of (over-)confident characters. She is less straight forward than the other characters, has her own way of doing things and, when confident, can be a fierce cook.

5. Kojiro Shinomiya / Ryo Kurokiba - It's a tie between these two. Kurokiba is a must have, just to complete the "Crown" jewel trio of him, Soma and Hayama. He is a competitive character when it comes to cooking challenges, but almost scarily calm outside of them.
    Shinomiya on the other hand is a sign that the people in SnS still grow and learn after graduating. The way he changed so far just makes me want to see more of him and his character development.

5. Putu

Putu

Bounty Points:
    1. Yukihira Soma : Obviously, his tenacity and creativity, also his mainly character on that series xD

2. Shun Ibusaki : While most are unaware of Satoshi's true prowess, Shun is among the few who truly knows the extent of his skills. Prince of Smoke, Sanji's brothers xP

3. Nakiri Erina : She's Goddess, no doubt. Also wanna hear he say, 'It's good to Soma one day' xP

4. Saiba Joichiro : He's still mysterious as hell, The "Asura of Cooking", he's also Erina former chef I think when Erina was child.

5. Satoshi Isshiki : Well he's wacky, eccentric, and jovial, Also always brightens the mood in the dorm, JK master xD

Hi Shin Unit likes this.
  6. CreativityNeverSleeps

CreativityNeverSleeps

Bounty Points:
    - Soma Yukihira badass, no fear :D
    - Erina Nakiri beautiful and sad past :(
    - Alice Nakiri she's like Soma and beautiful too :D
    - Senzaemon Nakiri Badass :D
    - Sonoka Kikuchi CUUTE

Putu, Hi Shin Unit and LogicoftheVI like this.
  7. Josuke

Josuke

Bounty Points:
    1) Jōichirō Yukihira
    2)Satoshi Isshiki
    3)Yukihira Sōma
    4)Megumi Tadokoro
    5)Erina Nakiri

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Putu and LogicoftheVI like this.
  8. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    -Soma: his spirit is undying and will do anything to save his friend that is in the rules of shokugeki. Hes also funny
    -Alice: cute, funny. Her interaction with everyone will bring a laugh & a smile to people faces. shes a goddess:redheart:
    Ryo- Berserker, he is the badass, the one liners and he just awesome.
    -Shun: I like his shy and calm attitude. He remind of myself :3
    -Satoshi: naked apron, enuff said but I like how he likes to be free but can always get serious when the time is needed.

Putu and LogicoftheVI like this.
  9. Surgeon of Death

Surgeon of Death

Bounty Points:
    1) Erina
    2) Alice
    *THIS IS WHAT WE CALL LOVE. :<3::<3:

3) Soma
    4) Isshiki
    5) Soma's Father.

10. Shu

Shu

Bounty Points:
    1. Saiba Jouichirou
    2. Gin Doujima
    3. Azami Nakiri
    4. Shinomiya Kojirou
    5. Eishi Tsukasa

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  11. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    Soma
    Joichiro
    Erina
    Alice
    Megumi

12. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Souma - Complete badass. While catching up with the series, he became one of my favorite shounen characters ever just because of how beast he is. He also has a hilarious side to him which makes him even cooler.

<---------(Ryouko) - Beautiful and she knows how to cook very well. One of the calmer ones in the PSD and easily my favorite female in the series. Really hope that she does get some more screen time.

Erina - Always thought that her character was interesting, but in earlier chapters we never got that much of her, In the most recent chapters we have been getting to see a lot of her and her development is so good. Really starting to dig her.

Jouichirou Yukihara - Another badass in the series and we know where Souma gets it from after we see what this dude is like. Amazing cook and I can't wait to see him return in the series.

Kojirou Shinomiya - He use to be one of my most hated when he was about to expel Megumi, but then I grew to like him after that and seeing him return in the Stagiere and sort of take Souma as his underling was really dope imo. Sure that we are going to see him more in the series as it goes on.

Putu, LogicoftheVI and Hi Shin Unit like this.
  13. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    One question is will we see more new characters in the manga like Azami?

14. Noyman2000

Noyman2000

Bounty Points:
    1 - Azami
    2 - Eizan
    3 & 4 - The two fodders guys who sabotaged Soma & Megumi's food the first time they worked together
    5 - Mozuka-chan

Ok. That was top 5 douchebag characters list. Here's the real list:

1 - Soma - Who else?
    2 - Takumi - Takumi's cool. Would like to see him shine more as a rival of Soma and be on par with him, Akira & Kurokiba as the best in their generation not counting Erina.
    3 - Joichiro - Basically an adult God-like version of Soma
    4 - Megumi - Just a likable character. Not a single thing to hate her.
    5 - Kojiro - Kojiro's cool. Was a dick at first but he got better after the Shokugeki and finding a new path and teaching Soma later.

Honorable mentions: Alice (bae), Hisako, Gin, Isshiki (coulda cracked the top 5 if it weren't for seeing him in an apron and fundoshi only almost every time he appears, lol)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  15. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    1. Souma Yukihira - I usually don't have the MC as my #1 but he has climbed through the ranks. His portrayal, character design, and personality are all very likable. I really like his confidence in his cooking style and the way he isn't scared to try new things.
    2. Dojima Gin - This guys presence every time he is shown is great. He is also a former 1st seat at Totsuki. I really hope we get to see more of him as the story progresses.
    3. Satoshi Isshiki - Though the naked apron was weird it has grown on me...lol. His personality is great and I like that Azami saw him as a threat to his method. I am hoping that he can claim the first seat by the end of his third year but time will tell.
    4. Megumi Tadoroko - I am part of the Souma x Megumi crew. Her meek character really allows you to see her growth which has been great in the first part of the series.
    5. Jouichirou Saiba/Yukihira - The mysteries surrounding this guy go deeper than we know. His character design and personality are both great. Really liked finding out he was a former 2nd seat and that Azami's issues revolve around his character.

Sir Xu, Putu and Hi Shin Unit like this.
  16. Marshall D. Usopp

Marshall D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    I just started the series and am now up to date. But anyway, here are my current favorites:

based on character
    Sōma Yukihira
    Satoshi Isshiki
    Senzaemon Nakiri
    Jōichirō Yukihira
    Gin Dōjima
    based on specialty
    Jōichirō Yukihira
    Hisako Arato
    Megumi Tadokoro
    Shun Ibusaki
    Alice Nakiri
    based on whose food I want the most
    Jōichirō Yukihira
    Eishi Tsukasa
    Rindō Kobayashi
    Sōma Yukihira
    Akira Hayama
    Honestly, I am more interested in Hisako's and Megumi's dishes because I would like to know more about medicinal cooking (and especially dried foods) without having to look things up.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    Putu likes this.
  17. Devil

Devil

Bounty Points:
    Rindo Kobayashi -Her personality is interesting

Takumi - Takumi's skills with meat and her outgoing personality

Kojiro Shinomiya - Shinomiya not want to be mentor

Saenzomon- that guys is devil himself lmao

Satoshi-Mysterious

Putu likes this.
  18. VoltTackle

VoltTackle

Bounty Points:
    The lack of Eishi on these lists hurt my soul.

Putu likes this.
  19. Kaiser

Kaiser

Bounty Points:
    In no particular order:

Yukihira Sōma: This doesn't have anything to do with him being the main character. It's just that I can relate to some of the things that he does or goes through.
    Kurokiba Ryō: He's awesome. I also like his personality. Completely laid back during most of the time, and a total beast once the bandana goes on.
    Hayama Akira: I also like his personality. Since the Autumn festival in the manga I regarded him as one of the few that would be at the top of the Academy.
    Nakiri Alice: I like her. She has a funny personality. Especially when she goes all chibi with those all-white eyes.
    Dōjima Gin: C'mon! This guy is a total badass!! I started to like his character since he was introduced in the manga.

Putu likes this.
  20. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    1- Soma
    Great MC, not the most original, but the mangaka is using the original recipe for success (hehe pun intended)
    2-Alice Nakiri
    I just think she's beautiful and wonderful! Love it each time she appears!:D
    3-Ryō
    What can I say apart from his multiple personalities are...
    HILARIOUS xD
    4- isshiki
    The naked apron and how he appears out of nowhere! I love how he is caring unlike the majority of the elite ten ^^
    5-Rindo
    Although we haven't seen much of her, I am so interested to learn more and it is her cooking style I want to see most :D

Putu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice