Discussion Top 5 Favorite Characters

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by Deleted member 10852, Jul 13, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Lindltaylor

Lindltaylor

Bounty Points:
    I don't have a top 5 I only only one favourite

Emma XD

Btw who the hell is sung-joo?!

Deleted member 10852 and Raycont like this.
  2. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Just read the manga bro :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. Lindltaylor

Lindltaylor

Bounty Points:
    Haven't read it for 4 weeks now XD
    Will do sometime soon :D

4. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Do it, then you won't have to ask who the characters are xD

5. Lindltaylor

Lindltaylor

Bounty Points:
    Yeah I know. Have to catch up on so many manga :lmao:

6. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    1. Ray
    Intelligent, cunning, but also caring. Ready to sacrifice everything for the sake of his friends. Moral code kinda broken, but that makes his choices more interesting.
    2. Isabella
    While I cannot justify her in any way, I admire her strength and intelligence. Her relationship with Ray still makes me think about what mother's love is. Big fan of her last appearance so far, she finally became 'human' in my eyes.
    3.Sung-Joo
    Mysterious. Saved them for sure not just out of curiosity. Looking forward to his further actions.
    4. Emma
    Mostly because I thought at first she is just typical main character. However she can be pretty scary if someone endangers her family. Her positive thinking is refreshing.
    5. Phil
    Lil' boy with balls of steel. Nothing to add.

7. Kagura

Kagura

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the tag! More TPN threads! Yay! :D

My top 5 for now: (not in any particular order)
    • Ray : The character who gives death flags in every chapter but has balls of steel that'd give any grown up a run for their money. When Emma and Norman were trying to find out who was the snitch amongst them passing info to Isabella, my sixth sense always thought it was Ray and boy, I was correct! Only someone like Ray would take up the difficult job of acting as a double agent. I thought he'd be the antagonist of the series, but he turned out to be good so I was relieved. Ever since then he has helped Emma and co in the escape plan and also filled up Norman's role ever since he was gone.
    • Norman: Just love this character. Ever since he was introduced I have loved this kid for his brains ad tactical skills. What Norman thinks today, the world will think tomorrow. He was always so to the point with his analytical sills that his predictions also turned out correct. He knew Ray was gonna burn the house down. At the same time, I don't think he's dead. Waiting for his great come back.
    • Emma: Obviously the heroine of the story. A very caring and smart kid whom people can rely on. The little kids love and adore her. Emma is so selfless that even tho she knew dragging in the smaller kids would be a hurdle, she wanted to save them all with responsibility as an older sister which is to be applauded.
    • Isabella: Right now for me she's in the grey area. Tho she appeared as a villain, she has been acting against that initial portrayal which makes me think she has some goodness left in her. I wish she helped the children by giving them relevant information but didn't happen. Hope we see more Isabella later on.
    • Sung - Joo : The friendly demon who gave us a lot of info at the same time crashing all our theories one by one needs a special mention. I think he'll prove more useful to the children in getting accustomed to the demon side of the world and teach the children survival tactics better than Minerva.

TMWRS, NieR, LogicoftheVI and 2 others like this.
  8. Enies Lobby

Enies Lobby

Bounty Points:
    1. Ray: To be honest I didn't like him at all when I first started the Manga, he seemed like someone I wouldn't care about. But his moments are becoming so much better as the chapters go on. One of the many characters that had a massive development, he seemed to have found his true path, saving everyone! He is such a responsible kid at that too, can't wait to see more from him.
    2. Isabella : She really is a great character, the first arcs with her alone as the main villain were so good and that's just because of her. She really developed as well as a character, and in the end you see her smile and it really just made me love her. She really was horrible but sweet at the same time, she tried to make the world a better place for the kids in her mind.
    3. Phil : We haven't seen much from Phil at all, but from what we have seen he is a great kid. I know weird to give him spot number 3 ._. but he is hella cute!!!
    4. Emma : She is the only reason they were able to escape, her plan to tell everyone worked out so well. Her sheer willpower is so amazing and her strong sense of responsibility helped everyone. I love how she and Ray get along #Normanismissed
    5. Krone : What a dangerous personality she had, such a scary look in the eyes and yet it all makes sense. She really hated the world she was a part of as well, no hate for the kids tho just pure hate for the world. She really played a big part in the development of the story as well as the development of the characters around her. Isabella kinda grew stronger as well because of Krone being there, the kids did the same. Loved her parts a lot but also scary lady xD
    So far there aren't enough characters we really know tho, so I can't wait for Minerva!!!! I have a feeling I will have to change my list soon xD

TMWRS, Lucciola, Gobee129 and 3 others like this.
  9. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Ray is a great character who's had loads of development and continues to interest me constantly. Of all the characters he's the only one who's really changed or grown and I like that a lot. Apart from him though I don't think I can make a top 5 yet. I like Norman and Emma but they both still need to prove themselves more to gain my approval and the rest of the characters have had very small roles so far so can't talk too much about them.

10. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    My top 5..
    1. Norman- Has both traits of the trio such as being very caring and a master tactician. Giving the ultimate sacrifice to save his family however I still have a glimmer of hope that he still alive.
    2. Ray because he has the most character development as of now. He starting to grow on me..
    3. Emma because of that master plan to deceive Isabella was perfect.
    4. Isabella because she was an amazing villain, intelligent, strong, and caring in a sick sort of way to Emma. Plus she at least tried to prolong the children at the ripe age of 12.
    5. Blank fuh now

TMWRS, NieR and LogicoftheVI like this.
  11. Diavolo

Diavolo

Bounty Points:
    1. Norman : He is really good character, self composed, tactical, with briliant brain.
    2. Ray : Not really briliant as norman who blessed by almost eveeything, but his character development just amazed me, went from lone boy to such caring who really care about his friend and willing to do everything for them.
    3. Emma : well she just like flower that bloom in the middle of bushes, smart, always love and carring to the others.
    4. Issabella : Ummmm because she is a great antagonist, maybe the best for entirely series, don't know yet,
    5. .......

TMWRS and Charlotte Tsoknat like this.
  12. B Rabbit

B Rabbit

Bounty Points:
    Will give more detail alter, but;

1. Ray
    2. Norman
    3. Isabella
    4. Emma
    5. Krone

TMWRS likes this.
  13. Kaiser

Kaiser

Bounty Points:
    I haven't caught up yet, 30 or so chapters to go.
    But so far, my favorites are:
    Isabella: Amazing antagonist. I loved every minute that we had with her. I love Isabella so much that at times I was rooting for her, while knowing that she wouldn't end up as the victor. :lmao:
    Ray: ( Coming soon)
    Norman: ( Coming soon)
    Emma: ( Coming soon)

I'll add my overall thoughts on the other three as soon as I'm caught up

TMWRS and Charlotte Tsoknat like this.
  14. ashfr

ashfr

Bounty Points:
    What you said!

I'm about 12 chapters behind, short blurbs here..

Isabella(Astonishingly scary and it feels effortless)>Emma(Extreme moxy, extreme kindess)>Norman(Always calm and analytical)>Ray(Smart, courageous)>Krone(Frightening and pragmatic)

Isabella is easily the best, but I feel bad ranking either of the kids above the other.

Honorable mention goes to Gilda and Don.

Also, Phil, because he's Phil.

Most of the characters (and this series as a whole) have been great right off the bat, but Ray has clearly improved the most.

TMWRS, Nomi Nomi no Mi and Birdy like this.
  15. Birdy

Birdy

Bounty Points:
    1. Emma
    2. Ray
    3. Phil
    4. Norman
    5. Isabella

I have a soft spot for intelligent characters that act intelligently, and the promised neverland has delivered what was promised. I love Emma, because being intelligent doesn't equate being cold, and that's a lesson that has a personal significance to me, so, yeah, I love the character.

Everyone after Emma is kinda in a shared second place, I don't know how to choose between them, but I tried, I guess. Ray and Norman are awesome in each their own way, but we've seen more of Ray, and I really liked the twist with him being related to Isabella. Isabella, of course, it goes without saying that she's the one who made the first chapters of the story awesome.

And Phil is just the cutest bravest little thing!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 12, 2018 ---
    YOU WOULDN'T MISS PHIL? HERESY

On a more serious note, we may not have seen much of him yet, but we're almost certainly gonna see more of him, probably after a time-skip.

TMWRS, Charlotte Tsoknat and ashfr like this.
  16. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Bounty Points:
    1. Emma
    2. Ray
    3. Normal
    4. Isabella
    5. Phil

TMWRS and LogicoftheVI like this.
  17. Nomi Nomi no Mi

Nomi Nomi no Mi

Bounty Points:
    1. Isabella - Her first jump scare on Emma got me so good. After that she was the perfect opening antagonist. She always kept ahead of the kids and Krone separately but her overconfidence let them find the chinks in her armor and bring her down. When she felt happy that the kids escaped and took the fall I actually felt for her. Seeing her as a kid was heartwrenching and almost made it seem like she made the genius trio an extension of herself, while also rounding them out as their own people.

2-3. Emma - Such a great protagonist. Even though she's practically a supercomputer she still has shortcomings. It's nice to see her become someone who can fend for herself and overcome a world that practically designed her personality, but still have to make mistakes that come with a cost. I feel like she has what she needs to develop into a fierce, cunning warrior who can lead the revolution.

2-3. Norman - Nice to see that they didn't just off him, but put him in a role where he can shine. I knew he wouldn't break out with everyone when it was mentioned how frail he was, but now he can actually understand the society that the kids are up against a little better because they value his brain for its function rather than taste. I'm eagerly waiting for more on him because he was, is, and always will be a key to victory.

4. Ray - This kid needs more faith in his family. It makes sense that he has trouble with that though, having had such a warped relationship with everyone. He keeps on his toes and because he has trust problems he never stops thinking about how they could be in danger.

5-6. Krone - Other than the black caricature drawing of her expressions when she was scheming, she was amazing. I love a character who can willingly give up her own goals to help someone else who needs it. She presented an obstacle for everyone while simultaneously helping them. Shirai obviously took quite a while to perfect her role.

5-6. Shelterman - I hated him so much when he was introduced but it was oh so great to peel back the layers on him and learn why he is that way. Even as he's trying to murder Emma and Ray I love seeing his thoughts. Waiting to see what we'll get on him when (if) he and Lucas meet again.

18. Charlotte Tsoknat

Charlotte Tsoknat

Bounty Points:
    1. Norman (ain't that obvious?)
    2. Phil (so adorable for my soul~:catblush:)
    3. Isabella (hated and pitied her at the same time. Well written character)
    4. Sung-joo (really badass. Hope he'll be at least an antihero in the future)
    5. Emma (best girl)

Honorable mention: Gilda, Musica

TMWRS and LogicoftheVI like this.
  19. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    So far and in no particular order or reason:
    • Emma
    • Lewis
    • Norman
    • Ray
    • Isabella

LogicoftheVI likes this.
  20. IceWitch

IceWitch

Bounty Points:
    1. Ray- Most all around interesting character for me.
    2. Emma- Even though she can be annoyingly idealistic, she always comes up with surprises.
    3. Norman- The one who will figure out everything.
    4. Lucas- Brave soul, protector of others.
    5. Zack- Cool & brave, love his design too.
    Honorable mention- Violet-(second best girl imo)

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    LogicoftheVI and NieR like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice