Discussion Top 5 Favorite Characters

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by Deleted member 10852, Jul 13, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    As the title says, for those who've read this series, who are your top 5 favorite characters in "The Promised Neverland" and why?
    And to those who haven't I highly recommend you check the series out :D

Here's my top 5 so far. Will put it in spoilers to avoid people looking to start this from being spoiled xD
    1. Ray - Ray is by far my favorite character of this series. He didn't appeal to me as much in the start of this series. He's very smart and logical but otherwise was alright. But as the chapters went by, and towards the end of the escape arc, I started to take a huge liking to him and he had a great character development. His resolve of being ready to die just to save Norman and Emma, as heroic as that was, I loved it even more how after the incident of the burning house, he refused to die and wants to protect his family. And right before the escape how he imagines seeing Norman there <3 I really wish he would stop getting so much death flags tho. Almost feels like it wouldn't be considered a TPN chapter without him getting one :lmao:

2. Norman - If it wasn't the development Ray got, Norman would have definitely been on the top of this list. Very tactical. I loved this guy ever since his introduction. He seemed really interesting from the start. And how he seemed to think several steps ahead always amazed me. Like the time he was able to deduce Ray was the spy. This guy is a real hero. Sacrificing himself for Ray, Emma and the other kids. That scene when he was about to be shipped and hugs Ray and Emma? That fucking got to me ;(;( I absolutely refuse to believe he is dead. HE'S NOT DEAD. I need more Norman in this series.

3. Krone - Yeah.... I know. Her introduction was erm.. Interesting xDD Okay l know she always had this creepiness to her ever since the beginning and I can never forget the countless jump scares she gave me. Those jump scares.. Oh boy. Always takes me by surprise. But she did grow on me later on, especially the events leading up to her death. She knew the letter to become a mama from Isabella was fake, she knew she was gonna die but in the end she refused to go down without giving it a fight. As much as she hated the kids, she wanted to make sure they escape. The entire death scene was so well written. Never thought I'd actually feel anything for her death. I loved this quote in the end

" I won't die without a struggle. I may have no chance of victory but I have plenty of space to struggle. I'll make sure those kids escape so Isabella get dragged down from her mighty position. That pen is no ordinary pen. I hate doing this with every fiber of my being but I'm giving this to you. You better succeed at your escape you damn brats. You're good at tag aren't you? Run. And Run. Live. Survive. To become the ones that shatter this shitty society we live in. Ah... What a beautiful sky. Ah..."

4. Emma - She's a great character. Very sweet and caring and wants to save everyone. A typical protagonist I guess but I still think she's a cool character. While her determination to save everyone is admirable, she is very naive at times. I do love how much she cares for her family. Her relationship with Norman was really nice to see and how she absolutely refused to let Ray die during the burning house incident. Her having the escape planned did catch me off guard. I also love those little comedic faces we see her making at times, a lot of it with Ray xD In a dark series such as TPN, it's nice to see that from time to time.

5. Isabella - While she maybe doing it just to ensure her survival, sending little kids off, being fed to the demons was an absolutely sick thing to do but still, she was a great antagonist during the escape arc. While they may have been just a couple of 12 year olds, it was great to see how she was always many steps ahead of them and was the main obstacle to their escape plan. Her backstory with Leslie was really interesting and I loved how she realizes Ray was her son when she heard him singing the same song Leslie did. It was cool to see how she would have wished to love them as normal kids in this horrible world and wishes the kids could find a way to live in such a world.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2017
  2. Shu

Shu

Bounty Points:
    • Isabella
    • Sung-Joo
    • Norman
    • Emma
    • Ray

3. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Can I give my explanations later? :lmao:

Now lets see....hmmm.....

in no particular order

Ray
    Norman
    Emma
    Isabella
    Sung-Joo (yes yes, he looks badass ok? xD)

4. Deleted member 10852

Bounty Points:
    Haha yeah, it's fine xD
    I feel like I might have given too big of an explanation for the list anyway :lmao:

No arguments about Sung-Joo tho. 1 Chapter in and this guy did look cool and really badass and I'm absolutely looking forward to knowing more about him . He'd make it in my honorable mentions list if I had one xD
    Although I feel like the Epic Sword Demon would be pretty close as well :p

5. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    1. Ray - This kid is too OP with infantile memory and he effortlessly dodges every death flag the author throws his way :p. He's smart as hell, he's authentically inclined, his resolve is unquestionable, his characters design is cool, but the potential. :yaaa:
    2. Krone - I hated her upon her introduction but she really grew on me as a character. When Don and Gilda almost got caught I was hoping she'd pop up and save them (even if inadvertently). Her backstory, choice to help the kids, and death were all handled so well imo.
    3. Gupna - he's a very important Demon at the facility, his character design, rank, and demeanor are all pretty cool. He's a character I definitely want to know more about.
    4. Norman - he can't be dead there is more this character needs to do imo. His character design is nothing special but everything else about him is.
    5. Emma - she a smarter version of your usual Shounen protagonist imo. Character design is cool, personality is likable, and her drive to save every is commendable.
    6. Phil - smartest little guy there, he's made of some really stem stuff as well, he's been quite the intriguing character and I hope he matures into a Ray type of character with his own district motives and personality.
    7. Isabella - if it wasn't for how I feel about the kids and the situation she's probably be ranked 3rd. I love sadistic anime/manga women and she's fit the bill so far. She's cruel while showing a loving face, she's got plans to survive at the cost of others but regrettably children, she's smart af, cunning, athletic, a monster yet somehow still relatable?
    8. Thoma - I've really liked this character since he was actually introduced during the escape. Love his personality and character design I'm hoping we get to see more of him.
    9. Don - another ok character design, though I like his for attitude, I like that he's a pick pocket though it wasn't the smartest move stealing that key from Isabella it yielded great results.
    10. Epic Spear Guy - Based off his epic entrance, his characters design (what we've seen of it), and ofc his epic spear.

Top 5 favorite characters (oh how things can change in a few weeks):

1. Ray
    2. Krone
    3. Isabella - Going to put her where she rightfully belongs this time.
    4. Epic Spear/Sonju or Sung-Joo - I knew this guy would be a fan favorite called it in the TPN thread.
    5. Gupna

Thanks for the tag. Awesome thread I cannot wait to see everyone's lists! XD

yes and please do! XD
    Not mad at Isabella being #1. Hopefully we see more of her in the future.

6. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Not going to lie, I was torn between Demon guy and Sung-joo :lmao:

why don't we make it to top 6 characters instead of top 5? :kappapride:

Blue Rose, Lindltaylor, Coton and 3 others like this.
  7. Shu

Shu

Bounty Points:
    I hope so Yandere FTW

8. Deleted member 10852

Bounty Points:
    No problem :D
    Yeah, I wondered why we never created one already. We have more than enough characters xD

Have to say, I am surprised to see Gupna on here and no Norman or Emma. But I guess he is definitely one of the really important characters I'd like to know more about as well. Cool design too ^^

They're both Demons xD They're both badasses and have a very cool design :D But I can see why you chose Sung-Joo/Sonju(His name in the Viz translation if you're wondering). Especially after the cliffhanger last week, I definitely am more interested in this dude more than the Epic Sword Demon xD

Is Connie in 6th place? I bet she is :kappapride:

Lindltaylor, Coton, Raycont and 3 others like this.
  9. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Connie is dead :kappapride: (wait, is he? am I mixing up some facts?)

Welp, seems like Epic Sword Demon needs to step up his game now xD

Can I just ship Musica and Sung-joo already? I mean he seems to be her protector of some sort...unless umm...they're siblings but I doubt it since her name isn't Korean

10. Deleted member 10852

Bounty Points:
    She xD
    And yes, she's dead, in the first chapter xD You could have her bunny on the 6th then :kappapride:

NOOOOO. NOT RIGHT NOW. It's history lesson. He needs to stay away for now. If he interrupts during a crucial info reveal, I'm gonna hate him forever ._. I actually think he will but I'm hoping we get something before he does xD

Hahah. You could I guess xD I really like Musica (Mujica in Viz :p) Her character design was soo cool. Better design than any demons we've seen so far xD
    I feel like I'm gonna like her even more in the upcoming chapters, if things go as I'm expecting to.

11. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I actually don't really have enough for a Top 5

1) Ray
    For me he's the most interesting character so far. He has gotten the most development out of all the characters. I like his change of character from the moment where it was revealed that he was the spy where his view of the world and their chances of survival was really dark (and to be honest realistic) to the moment where Emma convinces him to not sacrifice himself for the others. Now his outlook is a lot more positive although not as idealistic as Emma's. He's also the most capable of the children, besides Norman of course, though he's not really suited to be a leader. Sucks that it constantly looks like he could die though.^^

2) Norman
    Norman is a genius, he's good. Almost too good. He's basically a mix of Emma and Ray's best character traits - just better. His story is also one of the most mysterious parts of this story and I really miss him. It's probably good that he's not around right now, I think he would take away a lot of the tension. Like I said Norman is almost too perfect, he figured everything out, he made the plan for the escape, he solved the pen mystery and he was even ready to die for his friends.
    I like him a lot though.

3) Emma
    I like her but she's a bit too idealistic imo
    Her only real character trait so far is that she's good. She's a really nice girl and cares for her friends. I need to see a different face of her than this. I mean we had some glimpses here and there but this didn't lead to that much. She's a total badass though.

The rest hasn't really given me enough reason to care so far :/
    So far we only had 46 chapters and the characters haven't been what keeps me coming back to read this series.

TMWRS, Lindltaylor, Railgun99 and 3 others like this.
  12. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    Hmmm I don't have a top 5 yet but :
    1. Krone
    2. Norman

:D

13. God_Maggi

God_Maggi

Bounty Points:
    1. Isabella
    2. Ray

NieR, Lindltaylor, Coton and 3 others like this.
  14. Deleted member 10852

Bounty Points:
    True. I did really like the adult characters, hence were on my top 5. But if I was to look at the kids alone, not sure I would have been able to come up with a top 5 list either. I'm hoping the other kids get more characterization from here on out. Don and Gilda are having some moments here and there but clearly not enough of it. Although, with what little we got during the escape arc I really liked Phil.

15. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    If I had to I would rank Isabella 4th. She was a decent villain. I like Phil, Gilda and Don but I wouldn't miss them if they died right now.^^

16. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:

Very high chance he's going to interrupt in this little history lesson they'll have and most likely we'll get our dream battle ESD vs ESD xD

Yep, she has the motherly vibe on her ^^ Which also raises some death flags for her :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 14, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 14, 2017 ---
    No her bunny is number 1 :kappa:

17. Sect D

Sect D

Bounty Points:
    Although i like all the characters very much...here's my top 5...

1. Emma - her happy naive loving personality...

2. Ray - his practical & realistic personality... in the very first chapter, i thought he is son of isabella...becoz of his character design...his suicide attempt was my one of the most fabulous moment...

3. Isabella - i just cant hate her...the most awesome antagonist of this arc...mvp...

4. Norman - i hope you are still alive;( made the whole escape plan and sacrificed himself for it...Personally i am missing him...if only he was with the kids now;(

5. Krone - can the list end without her...her hawkey daggering eyes...i cant forget it...:D i liked her...

18. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    She is still alive :rofl:

19. Deleted member 10852

Bounty Points:
    I think he mentioned was because she is no longer a villain xD

Lindltaylor and Raycont like this.
  20. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I know.^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice