Toonami Removing One Piece from its Block

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by LuNaOTP, Mar 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. LuNaOTP

LuNaOTP

Bounty Points:
    Toonami just announced that One Piece will be leaving the Toonami Block and will be replaced with Tokyo Ghoul. The final episode of One Piece on Toonami will be on March 18.

Source

That sucks, I mean it didn't help the fact it was at a 2:00 AM, block, but its a shame to see One Piece leave tv again.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Reniki, VTaichi, Sunny Go and 8 others like this.
  2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    It's in a better place now compare to 2008. Now that was a horror story if you were an OP fan? Especially if you only watch it in the dub. Compare that to the MLP fanbase when it comes to new seasons and their heads will explode! XD

I think One Piece will do fine in a few years or so without TV. The Same thing can be said for Naruto and that was a huge juggernaut back before it went back on Television. Crunchyroll kinda replaces TV and so did Netflix. Amazon got into the anime craze and much more could take the place if you wish hard enough? I think OP could go on other channels outside of CN - [AS]? It depends if Funimation would allow it or not? Better than Nicktoons, that's for sure! lol

4. LuNaOTP

LuNaOTP

Bounty Points:
    I hope so. I mean, Disney XD is creating their own anime block, but I doubt they would do it after what happen with naruto on there. That and also all the censoring they have to do. Hopefully it can come back at some point.

5. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    That and One Piece have Okamas in that show. (And no I'm not talking about the Wolf goddess herself.) XD

Nico Robin, Chris Mic and LuNaOTP like this.
  6. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    I'm sure it'll return eventually. I do hope Toonami gives it a better time schedule too, 2 am never helps. Tokyo Ghoul works for that because it's for older audiences, contains violence and is most likely going to be uncensored. One Piece though, I see no reason why it should be in a 2 am block, so I hope it returns to a better time block when it does come back.

Neko, SMILE, Pnormanjr39 and 3 others like this.
  7. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Never really watched it tbh, but it is unfortunate for the people that did watch it. TG, season 1 at least, is pretty damn good (except for the damn censoring) so I think that people are going to be able to find something new to watch.

8. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    Toonami is expanding with shows like Samurai Jack airing at the 11:00 PM mark for the first time ever replacing Family Guy. So hopefully, more shows could be added based on the success of the show and not the decline of the block. lol

There's also rumors that SBT could return on the Toonami France block since that show is more popular in France of all places!

At least after Samurai Jack ends, of course? lol

Nico Robin, Chris Mic and LuNaOTP like this.
  9. warmonger

warmonger

Bounty Points:
    This happens when the show creators put more emphasis on boobs rather than important contents.

10. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted! Wanted Sanji

Bounty Points:
    I watch toonami every weekend (sooo looking forward to Samurai Jack) , it sucks that they are taking off One Piece, but it deserves a better time slot honestly.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Name Hunter Wanted Robin Bon Chan Sanji Vivi

Bounty Points:
    Like some have already said, I can understand Tokyo Ghoul getting the 2:00 AM block. It is aimed at a more mature audience. Not One Piece.

SMILE, LogicoftheVI, Nitwit and 2 others like this.
  12. cota

cota

Bounty Points:
    I know you can watch one piece on the Hulu app tho or atleast I do whenever I feel like watching , The slow paced over fan services filled anime.

LogicoftheVI and Nitwit like this.
  13. ScotchImformer

ScotchImformer

Bounty Points:
    Code:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="ar" dir="rtl">وفقاً لتصنيف العالمي الأسبوعي للأفلام في أواخر شهر &quot;فبراير&quot;, فلم ون بيس Gold يأخذ المركز الـ10 من ناحية الترتيب العام.</p>&mdash; Scotch | INFORMER ➰ (@ScotchInformer) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScotchInformer/status/840599260647313408">March 11, 2017</a></blockquote>

LogicoftheVI and Nitwit like this.
  14. 99cent Hitman

99cent Hitman

Bounty Points:
    I think it is good that one piece is going off air. The shows quality was declining and many fans stopped watching anime and switched too only manga bcz the show has nearly caught up with the manga and as a result the anime makers didnt have any choice but to drag the show with rubbish content which ultimately resulted in the decline of quality as well as watchers.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 11, 2017 ---
    I think that OP should not go on air as long as the anime is not at least a 100 chapters behind manga and i think that Oda the OP team (Oda etc) might even have something to do with the off airing of the show and it will do the show good considering the fact that the fan service time started effecting the shows original content
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2017 ---
    Also bcz of slow pacing off show on tv the make luffy and the company more stupid then they are shown in the manga and as a result their character lvl falls. Also when they say something in the show that is actually wise and fits in the manga it appears a odd ball in the show (appears too random)

warmonger and Nitwit like this.
  15. Akagami no Shanx

Akagami no Shanx

Bounty Points:
    That gotta be suck hard for some people...

Nitwit likes this.
  16. warmonger

warmonger

Bounty Points:
    I first thought Toei is in financial crisis. But then DB Super happened. They can't possibly say they need to milk One Piece because that's the only profitable project. They are just being pure lazy.

SMILE and Nitwit like this.
  17. Neko

Neko

Bounty Points:
    I hope those who watched One Piece at that time slot (if any) were new to One Piece and watch the show elsewhere. Not saying this because I'm a fan of One Piece, but I seriously think Oda deserves international recognition for his story. It's a long series, though, which can be off-putting for some folks. But you can't deny that One Piece isn't interesting or amazing in many ways, especially with all the "under-the-radar" messages that Oda sends through his work that everyone around the world can relate to. I really want more acknowledgement for the series. Too bad Toonami let One Piece go, but I agree with the others - it needed a better time slot.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Nitwit likes this.
  18. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Robin

Bounty Points:
    Honestly I feel like Toonami needs a bigger time slot. Keep all the shows that come on after midnight and whatnot but start the Toonami block around 8:00 like it used to be so more shows can have time to shine. Maybe it's just me but I feel like Toonami is popular enough and enough people watch it to warrant a longer block. That way the older, more well-known and popular shows get to shine just as much as the newer generation of anime.

As far as One Piece, I will definitely miss it and I do think it deserved a better timeslot, however now instead of playing re-runs, hopefully when it does comeback we can get from the Sabaody arc onwards in the English dub

IceWitch and Nitwit like this.
  19. Pnormanjr39

Pnormanjr39

Bounty Points:
    I hope onepiece returns to toonami soon

Nitwit likes this.
  20. Gotta catch'em all

Gotta catch'em all

Bounty Points:
    Got nothing against your opinion but tokyo ghoul's anime series sucked.

Nitwit likes this.
  21. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    Nitwit likes this.