Toei to team up with Dandelion animation to improve One Piece Anime

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by Dango, Nov 22, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    Apparently Toei animation is teaming up with Dandelion animations (the same studio that works on Haikyuu anime) to improve the One Piece Anime.

I am not sure how ligit it is, but I can give some sources

Original Twitter post

Reddit

Other site

2. The Cat Burglar

The Cat Burglar

Bounty Points:
    Honestly anything is Top News! at this point

3. Miscanadian

Miscanadian

Bounty Points:
    Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. I haven't watched the anime in so long and it's because it's been sucking a lot in every aspect of animation.

4. Skye

Skye Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    This was in August. Is there a date of when this will happen officially? Haikyuu is a nicely animated show.

5. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    I am not quite sure, but I am hearing rumors that it will happen when the anime hits Wano.

Regardless I think Toei is doing well as of recently.

6. Naomi Rose

Naomi Rose

Bounty Points:
    About Time!! I hope they can go back to punk hazard, and rework up from there. it started to get worse around punk hazard...why dropped anime, and look at scenes on youtube for some characters.

But enough with the stand still animation, gasp reaction with hardly any animation movement,. ugh.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  7. Fist_of_Love

Fist_of_Love

Bounty Points:
    Me rn this is so needed I hope this is true if not we riot anything to improve the anime is good news tbh. They should have done this a lot sooner OP is very popular and the anime should do the manga justice.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  8. Chris Mic

Chris Mic 【STARDUST CRUSADER】 Wanted

Bounty Points:
    One Piece? Animated partly by the Haikyuu team?

:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:
    :praying:[​IMG] :praying:
    :praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:

Pray, my friends. We might be in for something beautiful...

9. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    It's legit about Time, One Piece gets its justice it deserves!

10. Mr.Prince of all Saiyans

Mr.Prince of all Saiyans

Bounty Points:
    Toei gets a lot of flack from the community , however releasing an anime series weekly is not an easy thing to accomplish. But I am glad that they are working hard to improve the quality of the anime.

11. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Now that's some sweet news right there! I really hope this colab will happen

12. Kai.Do

Kai.Do

Bounty Points:
    About Damn time!

Hell I wouldn't mind even if Dandelion took over Toei completely. id don't know how the One Piece animation is created at Toei, maybe their too busy with other anime and have too much on their hands, but the current animation while 'okay', is sometimes even worse than compared to the early 2000's. Ever since better animation software came out and new techniques introduced, Toei have kinda gone down with quality of the One Piece animation, the quality have kinda steadily gone downhill ever since dressrosa. Of course there are exceptions like Zou, but in WCI the quality started to drop again. Better animation software shouldn't mean cutting corners and doing a subpar job with the anime adaptaion of the best shounen anime. Even now, Boruto still has way better animation then One Piece, even though the Naruto the original franchise has long ended , yet Pierrot Studios still has done an amazing job with Boruto, despite not being the juggernaut it used to be when compared to One Piece.

This is great news! Being the main developers of the One Piece anime, Toei at least has the tone and style of the Oda's One Piece manga right, (the colors, the drawing style), they just really need some help on the motion animation, character models, background enhancements and better quality with the art and animation overall. Hopefully teaming up with Dandelion will give Toei a better incentive to do well on the One Piece anime, instead of just slacking off and raking in the money that the franchise makes. :cigar:
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 23, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 23, 2018 ---
    That's true, which is why they need the help. :)

13. D. Calamity

D. Calamity

Bounty Points:
    They will continue doing the same shit over and over... tons of filler and 0.5/1 manga chapter.

Horrible pace and nonsense filler adding nonsense things... meh.

Nico Robin likes this.
  14. Brix

Brix Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    The main problem has always been the pacing, and Oda takes a break after every 4 chapters doesn't help either. So, they have to put some unnecessary shit to slow it down to prevent it from catching up to the manga. (Oda deserves a break tho)

It would be really great if they take a year or two break just to space out more and give it more time but they won't do that 'cause money.

I only watch clips on youtube about particular scene/s. I had already lost hope to the One Piece anime a long time ago.

15. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted! Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Finally!!! It will be fantastic if this actually happens, one piece has been needing a boost!

Death72, Raven, Mr. Kishido and 4 others like this.
  16. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    I am in the impression if this partnership happens, it could be couple episode prior to Snakeman vs Katakuri fight.

As the team announced they will screen the final scene between Katakuri and Luffy at Jump anime special Festa before airing the anime. So, ain't no way they're BS'ing in front of the massive audience.

17. glasses

glasses

Bounty Points:
    Does this mean Reverie and Wano will actually be watchable :feelscryingman:

The Cat Burglar, Raven, Redx and 3 others like this.
  18. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    Also another thing, it would be a digrace if they don't give justice to Wano. Literally it an arc based on Japan.

19. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu

Bounty Points:
    I just wish that the art style would revert back to Punk Hazard or even before TS

Dango likes this.
  20. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    i hope they make anime better, manga has some bad things which are unnecessary panels which anime used to extend, i am not watching WCI mostly because of it reminds me how disappointed i was by the last part of arc...hopefully by the time i start reverie i can even get some great animation.

Dango likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice