Manga Series To You, The Immortal

Discussion in 'Manga Library' started by Railgun99, Aug 22, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    To You, The Immortal
    (Fumetsu no Anata e)

Genres:
    Drama, Shounen, Supernatural, Adventure, Fantasy
    Chapters: 35 (ongoing)
    Mangaka: Yoshitoki Ooima (author of Koe no Katachi)

Summary: An immortal being was sent to the surface of the earth and met a boy living alone in the middle of tundra.
    The being can take the shape of dying things, but only if the "impetus" is stronger than the previous one. What sort of experiences and meetings will the being encounter while living forever?

On a side note, I can't believe no one reads this here ;-; well, I admit I'm not caught up with it but I hope many give this a try, it has been pretty interesting so far.

Dragomir, Raycont, D.Emperor and 3 others like this.
  2. Goldfish

Goldfish

Bounty Points:
    who is the immortal ? picture plz :)

8787NO3Monet and Railgun99 like this.
  3. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    The Immortal doesn't actually have an initial appearance. As the summary said, it takes on the appearance of a being that is close to dying so it can be anything really ^^

4. Goldfish

Goldfish

Bounty Points:
    ah Ok.. I will give it a try 1-3 chapters.. I
    hope the immortal is a girl , so she meets a boy

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  5. NieR

NieR THE BUSHIN Big Mom Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    A friend of mine advised me to start reading this manga ac a few days ago

I'm gonna do it soon and I'll post my opinion of it here ^^

Railgun99 likes this.
  6. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Finally caught up with the series.

I have to say, its been a very interesting and heart-wrenching ride. I won't spoil anything for others but I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a different kind of shounen story without any of the usual adventures, battles and the big bad villain the MC has to defeat. The artwork is good and improves over time. The overall feel of the story is great too. This series is like a breath of fresh air that is really needed if you're tired of the usual shounen series and its tropes :D

Raycont likes this.
  7. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I caught up with the series now.

So far I really enjoy reading this series, I'm usually not a fan of episodic (if you can call it that) stories but this one I like. The artwork is decent, nothing spectacular though but good enough.

Spoilers from here on:

I wonder who will die in this arc? Tonari or Pyoran? Firs I thought it would obviously be Tonari because it's her arc and that's what happens. But Pyoran could also die. My money is on Tonari though. :/
    So Parona actually died now? I wonder how that happened, I hope we'll get an explanation for that. She was still young after all.

Railgun99 likes this.
  8. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Finally, a fan! :bluhugs:

As for Parona, many think that she didn't die but her influence on Fushi (who's also March) was so great that Fushi can now transform to her as well. It's a theory I see going around on Reddit anyway. I really hope that Parona isn't dead :(

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Raycont likes this.
  9. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Fushi is not March anymore though, his March personality died or is at least gone for now. So far he could only transform into living beings who died and the guy with the black robe also said that she died. :camthinking:
    I hope she's alive though. :/

Railgun99 likes this.
  10. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Black robe guy looked shady af at the beginning :lmao: really wonder why he created Fushi. He says it's an experiment but for what? Yeah, he needs to get March back from that uh...wood crawler guy? I'm assuming he's similar to Fushi in that someone else made him.

Raycont likes this.
  11. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Didn't he already tell us a bit of why he created Fushi?
    He said that Fushi's purpose is to collect information about and protect this area (whatever that area entails). He said that he would eventually die and when that happens he needs Fushi to fight the Knockers because he himself won't be able to do it. There's probably more to it though. :)

The wood crawler was one of the Knockers, I wonder what they are? Apparently they come from below the earth and hatch from eggs. :camthinking:

Railgun99 likes this.
  12. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Oh yeah I forgot about that. That's a bit like the Noah's Ark thing, except here Fushi will be the one carrying everyone and their wills (the ones who he meets and then dies I mean). Yup, there is more to the story, I'm glad it's not just a random episodic type of manga, there's an underlying plot beneath all that and it'll be more visible soon.

Yeah, that explains their plant like powers though I wonder why they were created. Was it to oppose this plan that the robe guy created? Maybe the Knockers creator was someone robe guy knew? Maybe a friend even but then he disagreed with his plans and went evil?

Raycont likes this.
  13. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Maybe their fight represents the fight between good and evil, life and death, something like this. I have no idea. xD

Railgun99 likes this.
  14. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Hmm, some biblical symbolism maybe? Fushi being Jesus Christ or sth while the Knockers symbolise the Devil?

Raycont likes this.
  15. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Well Fushi can do the multiply food thing that Jesus could do but he can't heal anyone and he's not doing anything in relation to faith which is basically all that Jesus did. So I doubt that.

Also Jesus died, he did not stay on Earth to fight evil at all.

Railgun99 likes this.
  16. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    No I mean he isn't Jesus completely, just that he has some similarities and some symbolism of Jesus.

Raycont likes this.
  17. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Hm...I'm not sure about that. He's missing the most important things that Jesus did/was. We don't even know if we can call Fushi's creator a god since he will die, which maybe other gods could but not the Christian god. Fushi also doesn't do anything related to religion which is what Jesus' thing was.^^

Railgun99 likes this.
  18. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, that's true ^^ Fushi's creator gives me some wizard vibes tbh. Like he was ordered by someone of a higher position to create a being like Fushi.

Raycont likes this.
  19. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    That's a possibility but right now we don't really have anything to speculate here, we just don't know enough. :/
    Let's first focus on the current events, do you think Tonari will die? Or Pyoran? Or both? Or no one?

Railgun99 likes this.
  20. Railgun99

Railgun99

Bounty Points:
    Well, seeing as how Pyoran has survived this long, I'd say chances of Tonari dying is high. I quite like Pyoran since she taught Fushi so many things so seeing her go will be really sad D:
    Or the mangaka could even through a curve ball and like you said, no one could die at all.

Raycont likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice