Discussion The Truth

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by Coton, Jun 13, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    Hey guys, I'm back with what I call "The truth". Even my boy @Raycont won't argue. Let's start. :rofl:

What we already know :

- Humans are bred in captivity for the purpose of being eaten by the demons
    - An unhealthy society has been created, each trying to survive even if for this it is necessary to sacrifice an enormous number of people
    - The story takes place in the year 2045
    - There is a cooperation between certain humans and the demons
    - There are several races of demons

What I think :

From the beginning, we have been deceived by the author. The story certainly does not take place in 2045 and, most importantly, not on Earth. The children live in a complete different world where demons are the most intelligent beings, and a society of demons exists, with the "rich", the "poor" but also a King/Lord.

In this world, there is three races of demons. The most intelligent ones move on two legs. Then, we have the dogs-like because they have the mask on. Finally, the stupid ones. We can easily conclude that there has been an evolution, similar to the human evolution.

The existence of the latter makes me strongly doubt that the story takes place on Earth, for two reasons. Firstly, they are way too big to be transported in ships they are considered a lower race. Secondly, it is impossible for an organism of this size to develop in such a short time. Plus, the existence of these immense trees is weird IMO.

Who is Minerva ?

William Minerva is probably the most enigmatic character in the story. Some of us have theorized that he was a former orphan, others said that he worked for the demons. Lately, Raycont has speculated that William Minerva is in fact only an organization. I think the opposite and for me, William Minerva is a human being. But a human being coming from Earth.

I think W.M is a scientist who has made a long journey into space, probably interested in discovering new planets and civilizations. He was probably intrigued to see a species as intelligent as the human, and decided to cooperate with them without knowing the consequences of his actions. The fact that W.M comes from Earth obviously explains the existence of the small trees.

The world map is half true. It represents the Earth, but not the planet of the demons which is similar to the Earth : water, plants, living beings, seasons, etc... The only difference is the brutality of the environment.

What is going on in this world right now ?

Nothing, but you're in deep sh*t Ray.

The scientists are therefore on an equal footing. They have proved that they were sufficiently intelligent in the eyes of the demons. According to Krone, there are people from the outside world who produce and deliver all of the clothes, furniture and test materials.

What is happening ? Why is Minerva hiding then ?

I really think there was a true cooperation between demons and humans. But the demons were afraid : the humans were far too intelligent. Fortunately for the demons, they were stronger physically.

xD

My last words :

Among the humans there are the collaborationists and the resistants as during the Second World War. William Minerva is obviously part of the resistance. There are three categories of human beings : those who are eaten, those who collaborate with the enemy, and those who organize the resistance.

What I said seems far-fetched, because I don't have concrete evidence .I just finished reading a popular science fiction book, so I was strongly inspired by it. Too many similarities between them. I won't say the name to avoid any spoil, but if someone wants more information, you know where you can find me (mp).

I'm out. Hope you like it. :D

@LogicoftheVI @Raycont @Blue Rose @Narendran

2. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Interesting theory.

I thought about the story of TPN not taking place on Earth for a long time now but Inever really had a lot of evidence for it.
    I think the evolution of the Demons is a good piece of evidence for this to be true.
    The flora on this planet would also make more sense in that case.

What I don't really agree with is the notion of Minerva being a space traveller.
    I don't know how to properly explain it but it just doesn't feel right to me.

Edit: stupid mistake xD

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  3. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    This is a really interesting theory.

I'm not really sure what I think of William Minerva being a space traveler as well. I don't know, feels kinda weird I guess and it just doesn't fit right with TPN for some reason.

However I do really like the idea about the children not being on Earth right now. The structure on how the whole world works does seem really weird and with the the latest chapters, the revelations of the Snakes of Alvar Pinera, I really wouldn't be shocked to find out they weren't on Earth tbh. I just thought of something since you brought this up. Rather than different planets, the existence of Parallel Worlds in this series. Maybe they are in some sort of Parallel world right now? The Netflix series "Stranger Things" comes to my mind. They have a lot of unexplainable creatures, weird trees growing out of nowhere etc.

I'd say you did a pretty good job with this with what little we know about this series so far :D

4. El-pachinko

El-pachinko

Bounty Points:
    really interesting theory so the promised neverland could be the earth itself

5. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    It is true that it is rather odd, but I think it's the only possible explanation. The environment is too hostile for an evolution of the human being. :eek:

Interesting. I will take a look at this series. :D
    So you think it's weird that Minerva is a space traveler, mmmmh. :(

Yes, it would be great. :yaaa:

6. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Well, as weird as the existence of a parallel world xD I actually find parallel worlds to be more far-fetched and weirder than a Space traveler haha but just thought I'd bring it up because of the similarities the 2 series' have.
    Minerva being a space traveler is still an interesting idea tho.

7. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    Even the Owl's face is weird. The eyes are two planets. :cool:
    I'm joking, but I will find more evidence. :eek:

8. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    Wow really interesting stuff there. I definitely like the first part. It does seem like they are on some other planet or else earth has had a tremendous evolutionary growth in a very short period of time. The part about WM being a space traveler is also intriguing. Like what if he is the one who made first contact? Was the representative for the people of earth. Got hoodwinked by the Aliens and now feels responsible for humanities plight? He could know so much about them because they educated him to lure him in? IDK sounds like my ramblings now but there's some interesting angles to take with this theory.

I've always wondered what the meaning of the owls eyes are?
    Time to work on this Number Tattoo theory I guess, credit to @Coton for finding it.

9. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    1. It's still possible, but I'm doubting it.
    2. Yes, I like it. Even though it's feel weird for many of you. :yaaa:

Latest Pozuka drawings :

The last one makes me think of The Little Prince or Le Petit Prince in french.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  10. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    So what you're saying is that Minerva came from Eath and he and his team of scientists are also the fathers and mothers of the first children that would be harvested?

I don't think this is the case.
    My biggest problem with this theory is, how did so many humans get to this planet?
    Were they all abducted?

I was researching the owl as well.
    It's odd that it has two different eye colours.
    This probably means something but I'm not yet sure what it could mean.

LogicoftheVI and Coton like this.
  11. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    There is another theory based on my book but I don't want to spoil it and it can answer your question. I can PM you. :)

LogicoftheVI and Raycont like this.
  12. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Which book was it?
    Yeah PM me if you want to spoil me, I'll be happy to discuss this :D

13. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
  14. Raiden

Raiden

Bounty Points:
    It was a great read, @Coton !

I also do think that the story doesn't take place on Earth. The first thoughts got me already when I saw the huge trees. No way did the ecosystem change at such a pace, and the fact that there are several races of those demons (which suggests evolution) strengthens this theory.

Its interesting to think of the Earth as the Promised Neverland. But if we are really on another planet, don't you think something might have happened to ours? I think there's a possibility that mankind had to leave the Earth and search for another place to live. And the demons planet had the perfect conditions. But of course the humans didnt know about the monsters there. The demons found them and started killing/eating them, but quickly realized they are kinda delicious. They thought its a waste to devour them all at once. And on top of that they might have been interested in humanity's technology & stuff. The demons then let a part of the humans create a civilization, but in return they had to constantly sacrifice a part of the society and help them develop a perfect system to raise the top quality goods. That would explain the setting of those plantations. Nice fields around, regular trees, not those huge ass scary ones from outside. And Im pretty sure the epic sword from last chapter was manmade. I doubt the demons used such weapons on their own.

The different races.... I think there's those intelligent ones... and many, many other undeveloped species roaming the planet. The dog like things you talked about are also from the same category as the monster from the latest chapter, but they got tamed by the intellgent demons. Something like a dog/wolf relation. Thats my impression.

How did the demons learn the human language so quickly? Are they really THAT intelligent? Or is it just a plot convenience?

I don't know where to put Minerva in all of this. I agree with the idea of an organization / resistance out there. And I also believe that he is an actual person.

15. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    You perfectly summarized my thoughts, and I agree with all your points.
    They probably learned the human language, I don't think it's that difficult. A few months maybe ?

Look at this image :

Noah's Ark ?

LogicoftheVI and Raiden like this.
  16. Raiden

Raiden

Bounty Points:
    Certainly they had to. If the dates are somewhat accurate, then the plantations started working soon after the demons met the humans. So a proper communication had to be established.

Whats that fish?? Did I miss something? But I think I get the idea. Well, who knows.

17. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    Nah you didn't miss anything, it's from Pozuka's twitter where he regularly posts his drawings. What you said about humans searching for another place to live was kinda similar.

God_Maggi and LogicoftheVI like this.
  18. God_Maggi

God_Maggi

Bounty Points:
    Good read. Awesome job
    Personally I think the promised neverland is the world they're in rn not Earth. Something happened on Earth which make everyone leave for another world with the hope of a new start but they didn't know that the new world already had a population, the Demons.

Coton and LogicoftheVI like this.
  19. Coton

Coton

Bounty Points:
    Hey mate, I'm glad you like it. ;)
    Yes, I really hope that the story is something like that. But now the question is : why are there so many humans ? (50 000 if the number theory is true that is)

God_Maggi likes this.
  20. God_Maggi

God_Maggi

Bounty Points:
    I'm not sure to understand the question.

Coton likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice