1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Debunked The True Face of Broker Jack!? A Man All Too Familiar!

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Van Reich, Jul 7, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    Hello once again everyone and welcome back to another theory for your entertainment. This is a theory that came to be by pure chance and randomness. How? I looked at my desktop background......seriously....

Alright Alright......we've seen numerous theories on who this 'Jack' is: from the 7th Shichibukai, to Blackbeard, to Wapol and to Buggy, but do you have any idea who I think Underworld Broker Jack is?

This guy!
    [​IMG]

Former Shichibukai Gekko Moriah! Why do I say this? Multiple reasons!

First is the infamous "Picnic with Zombies" Color Spread with the 944 tombstone and well....ZOMBIES!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not only are the zombies an obvious reference to Moriah, 944 backwards is 449, which is the chapter Moriah was first seen.
    (The first scan in the topic is from 449 as well)
    [​IMG]

By far the most important clue is that cross in the Picnic color spread. Pay attention to its shape.
    [​IMG]

Now you are probably wondering what does any of this have to do with Moriah being Jack? Well then, have a look at the color spread that I had as my desktop background.
    [​IMG]

Don't see it?
    [​IMG]

There is a cross with the name 'Jack' carved on it! What does Moriah have to do with that name? Take a look at Oda's SBS from Volume 51.

D: Is the Thriller Bark story inspired by things like The Addams Family and The Nightmare Before Christmas? I love the atmosphere in those films. P.N. Plate-loving Cindry-chan

O: Yes, the films. I love them too. In order to draw Thriller Bark, I even watched a lot of zombie movies, which I've never really done before. By my nature, I don't like scary things, so even though I put a lot more black into the art, I still tried to make silly, funny zombies. When artists draw about ghosts and dead people and things that aren't meant for polite society, they always go to the shrine to pray beforehand... as did I. I mean, I don't want to get cursed or anything.

Oda used numerous movies that deals with death to reference in Thriller Bark and one of his most loved is Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Who is the main character of that movie? JACK Skellington who inspired Brooke!
    [​IMG]

Not only does the Halloween spread has Perona's ghosts, it has Franky dressed as Frankenstein. I say this because Thriller Bark has a Frankenstein theme with Hogback the mad scientist creating abominations. The color spread is a reference to Thriller Bark.(Unimportant but Sanji is dressed like Bettlejuice. It seems so appropriate for some reason).

For the final nail in the coffin, lets look at what 'Jack' represents:

1-One who does heavy work(a contrast to Moriah's lazy attitude and ambition to let his zombies make him the pirate king).

2-A sailor

3-Slang for a small or worthless amount

4-Popular slang for robbing or stealing. Moriah is a grave robber who steals corpses and shadows.

5-To hunt or fish using a jacklight(Moriah fought fishman Jinbe for his shadow)

6-To spend time idly(Moriah likes to take naps and do nothing)

7-To toy, tinker or to mess with(altering dead bodies)

8-To take unfair advantage of, deceive or manipulate

9-Used as a remark indicating smug and selfishness. "I'm all right Jack."

10- Also called knave. A CARD GAME bearing the picture of a soldier or servant.

11-Half of the card game Blackjack and black is the main color scheme of Moriah and Thriller Bark.

12-Jack is synonymous with anything negative. In film and games, characters who are called Jack usually die, is presented as the villain or has a mental disorder/mentally unstable.

Now then, last time we saw Moriah was in Marineford and he wasn't having a good time.
    [​IMG]

Doflamingo said that Moriah just "disappeared into thin air" and we can assume that it was because of Absalom, who has the Clear Clear Fruit.
    [​IMG]

The interesting part is that Doflamingo was very confident when he said Moriah would die from injures unless he turns himself into a zombie or something.
    [​IMG]

Moriah becoming zombie-like is very plausible. The original 7 Shichibukai are based of the 7 Heroes in Romantic Saga 2.

http://www.onepiecesecretcabine****m/uploads/9/6/8/0/9680655/9755759_orig.png

Kujinshi (クジンシー, Kujinshī?, "Kzinssie"): A floating demon with a scarf covering his face, wielding a sword. Can steal life energy or souls. Defeated by Gellard, he returns in the Final Scenario with an even more grotesque appearance than when first met.

We know Absalom is now a reporter who leaks numerous activities in the NW that makes headlines. This is too keep Moriah informed of the activities of his potential enemies and keep track of possible new shadows.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, we have the brokers that mentioned Jack aka Moriah.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Horns are strongly associated with demons and Moriah himself has horns. The broker was going to inform Jack that Luffy has defeated and captured Caesar and that other broker(who looks like Marine Captain Nezumi) said that might be a bad idea. Why is that?

Because Moriah is buying SMILES from Caesar. Moriah is already trying to imitate Kaidou by creating an army of zombies but now that Moriah is in the NW and apart of the underworld, he is trying to directly copy Kaidou. A zombie SMILE army is better than a SMILE army in theory correct?

Because of Luffy, of all people, Moriah has lost his supply of SMILE.

@Syed D. Master @SMILE @ramenboy @Celestial D. Dragon @Jewish Kaizoku @PrincetonProduction @Baam @KuroNaito @BossYimz @Smoker D Webb @Walreyn @hebilea @knaal @ToBeThriller @Ben Beckman @Shirohige Kaizokudan @Chris Mic @Koshimae @AfroKing @WJG12345 @Redache @Meliodas @Sontaran Gaming @MESS @Joalt @Luke @TickTocxk @rodrib74 @ASL @Blazen91 @Blue gear @Capt.SamSellick @Greatest_Takoyaki @inactive @mattiDjankila @Red gunner @Sanzen @Shad D. JaggerJaques @Skater1ooo @L o g i a @Koshimae @Sun Wukong @Conandao @Saiken @Matthew D. Kings @chaps @TensaiAnimation @Akiyousei @nate trace @A7xnighthawk @Buckweed @ewhee- @fenixof2002 @gamergautham @Killumiknight @Monkey D. Daz @theUnkemptHerald @Barbarossa (Red Beard) @D. Revolutionary Dragon @Samurai Jack @akainutheboss @Ipaloud @Badass D. Zoro @Juntoci @Gevoles @DemonSlash @Surgeon of Death @'Dark Terror' Shyami ! @Whitey Bay @Alex D Syrus @AzurePhoenix_S12

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. ShyamiSavage

ShyamiSavage

Bounty Points:
    Wow ! That is some fact collecting. It's a great theory and I will not be surprised if this comes true :)
    And thanks for tag :)

3. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Nice read. Could be like this!

4. Sontaran Gaming

Sontaran Gaming

Bounty Points:
    :saikensmirk:

This is a good theory. The whole "Jack" on the tombstone did it. Most plausible theory I've heard so far, because of that. Including my own.

5. Badass D. Zoro

Badass D. Zoro

Bounty Points:
    Good thoery!
    I've never thought of the possibility of Moriah being the broker :eek::yaaa::yaaa::yaaa:

Ging D Freecss, xpiece, Naito and 3 others like this.
  6. Plex

Plex YC1

Bounty Points:
    wow interesting!! :eek:

I'll post my thoughts when I have read through it all!

7. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Another awesome theory from you my good sir! I love the connections, and detail you put into it! I especially loved the Cross connection with the word "Jack" written on it! Out of all the other Jack theories out there, if mine doesn't turn out to be true, I support this one the most! Awesome job once again man! I love reading your theories!

8. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    Glad you liked it Terror! :)

:pggrin::pggrin::pggrin::pggrin::pggrin::pggrin::pggrin:

I'm mad that I had that pic as my desktop for over a month and never noticed the tombstone.....happy you enjoyed it Sontaran!...even though that dog makes it look like you don't give a damn....

Neither did I until today :eek:

Where are your thoughts!? :eek:

Now we're even. You almost murdered me with your Wapol theory so I almost murdered you with my Moriah theory. Its a cycle of almost killing each other :saikensmirk: The thing about your theory is that Wapol doesn't have to be Jack! He is definitely a broker too! That hippo bastard :punch:

Ging D Freecss, xpiece, SMILE and 6 others like this.
  9. Montblanc Noland

Montblanc Noland

Bounty Points:
    So now Moriah joins the list...Great observation bro, never thought Moriah can become Jack!!
    Sometimes Desktop can become your best friend XD, though I must say,that colour page gave me the most interest in this theory.

Knowing you,I thought there must be some reason why you chose Moriah, and I was damn correct:pggrin:.Another nice theory up from you.:yaaa:

Ging D Freecss, xpiece, SMILE and 4 others like this.
  10. Kuma_Rockz

Kuma_Rockz

Bounty Points:
    Makes a lot of sense, one of the most probable "Jack" theories I read.

11. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Well I won't have to murder you back, because you inadvertently supported my theory, but I never would have even noticed, had it not been for you! *Evil Laugh* :ninja::cigar:(a)>:)]:)

12. Walreyn

Walreyn

Bounty Points:
    i see i see... sorry @Vandenreich no sexiness on this one lol.

but i can see u now trying to rival @Celestial D. Dragon *^*

as for the theory..

at first.. im hesitant to believe this theory.. but when u pointed out the cross with th word jack.. that basically turned the table!

with all the details u use to support. this and moriah doing something like copying kaidous army.. makes alot of sense!!! good job!!

13. SniZe

SniZe

Bounty Points:
    Someone might have pointed this out but
    That would be "Tom Burton's: A Nightmare Before Christmas".

There's no Freddy fucking people up on elm street before Christmas lol

14. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    No way I would say Moriah was Jack without the proper back up!

*bows*

I'm.....a little on edge now....is that a bad sign?....I think I screwed up....

Still not sexy enough!!? Alright I'm convinced. You are into animals....

Trying to rival Celestial? Okay that's just impossible......take one look at his theories and you already know you've lost permanently.

I'm in a good mood! I think this calls for a neutral critique on Thriller Bark!

@Sontaran Gaming mentioned it earlier and I still didn't notice.....those titles sound the same to me lol. Just you wait. They are gonna make another Freddy movie with him celebrating Xmas. Its a good premise actually.

15. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Nope, not a bad sign at all man.....And it doesn't take away from your theory in the least! It's just something I knew I had seen before, and couldn't quite place where it was I saw it..... You didn't screw up, so no worries! :D

16. WJG12345

WJG12345

Bounty Points:
    Wow interesting Moriah being "Jack" seems pretty possible based on this theory. Never noticed the tombstone/ cross having Jack on it before that was a pretty nice find. Also I like this theory because it makes a lot of sense plus it would allow Moriah to play a new role in the story which would be pretty nice.

17. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Yeah the Tombstone, and cross is pretty much the........Nail in the coffin.....Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week!

Seriously though, it was a hell of a connection.....It pretty much slaps you right in the face Lol....

18. BOBO_AKO1234

BOBO_AKO1234

Bounty Points:
    Great theory! Pretty plausible. I can't argue but I will like to see a new character.

Ging D Freecss, Naito and Diavolo like this.
  19. Sontaran Gaming

Sontaran Gaming

Bounty Points:
    Ditto don't care. He just goes around cuting constantly. And, well, the tombstone is kind of in the background. I don't think people hyperanalyzed the cover pictures as much before the zombie cover page.

Ging D Freecss and Naito like this.
  20. Walreyn

Walreyn

Bounty Points:
    noo. not into animals....its just that... this is not really sexy.. no sex appeal at all

thats y ur just trying... i never said ur already a rival to him... but man ur now just up there too

and been waiting for your critiques do it and u will have all the sex appeal u want in the world :D
    [

Ging D Freecss and Naito like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice