1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

The Three Calamities and the Divisions of Kaidou's 500 Zoan Army

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by TheConqueror, Nov 30, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    __________________INTRODUCTION:__________________

It looks like someone .....[:rage: @Doctor Room ]beat me to the punch, but since I had already planned to do one when I got home from work, I decided instead of posting my ideas in his thread, I'll just express them here. However, I am going to go into much further detail about Jack, how his zoan relates to what calamity he is and speculate on the potential fruits of the other two.
    Still, I will credit people who made their threads first though, it's only fair:rolleyes:.

http://orojackson.com/threads/the-three-calamities-and-death.18723/#post-1089106

As @Doctor Room referenced, he talks about there being two different sets of calamities. What I will do however is focus on the main story of the "Three Calamities and the Seven Disasters" or "Sansai shichinan" as it is referred to in Buddhist teachings.

__________________BACKGROUND:___________________

Now I don't believe Oda is going to use one trifecta and ignore the other. I believe he has merged them at some level. And I say this because of how Jack and his forces was portrayed in this chapter.

_________________WATERXPESTILENCE_______________

I believe Jack and the portrayal of him and his crew is a fusion between the Greater Calamity of Water and the Lesser Calamity of Pestilence . Two points that support this supposition are:
    1. His moniker, "Jack the Drought", references a catastrophe formed by absence of water and moisture.
    2. The weapons his crew used can poison and create epidemics in a country unprepared to deal with it.
    Now some believe said, Jack himself isn't responsible for the "Drought" moniker with his Fruit, but instead it comes from the weapons they use that decay the landscape. But honestly, I don't think so. I feel Oda is hinting at something new with Jack's abilities. With Kaidou's army full of Zoans,
    I think Oda is introducing a new idea for Zoans in general,
    that will appear later when we get to Wano

THE AWAKENED POWERS OF A MAMMOTH?::DD

[​IMG]

On the surface, Mammoths are just larger elephants. Physically strong. Tough skin. Powerful Tusks and Muscles. But just like an elephant, a Mammoth's true greatest tool is it's trunk. Specifically,
    how they use it for everything they do. Little know fact, at least to me, an elephant's trunk
    has over
    40000 muscles as compared to an entire human being, with just under 700.

That means Jack's trunk is gonna be his main weapon along with his tusk,
    as we saw this chapter when he broke the building in half.

http://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/3079/06-07.png

But another thing that elephants use their trunks for is to suck up water. This goes into why Jack represents water and in many ways this connection from Oda is tenuous, and yet genius, all at the same time.

Because of how the guards in Impel Down were represented, we have believed that Zoan type awakenings will only be physically stronger transformations, with increase stamina and durability etc. Mythical zoans were really the only awakened zoans that may have the potential for special powers like Doflamingo's, but Oda I think this chapter is really showing his creativity to a new level.

Jack's awakening may increase his physical abilities a tremendous amount, but to such a level that his trunk in particular gains even more power and gains a "Super Suction" type of ability, where Jack and draws in the water in the environment into it and use that water in combat to shoot powerful destructive blasts. In some ways, he is "Jack the Drought" and yet he's also "Jack the Flood".

It's amazing how well adapted an elephant's biology is for being the antagonist of this arc. Their feet for instance

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1. The skeleton of an elephant's foot is angled, with a large pad of fat and connective tissue at the heel. The angled foot structure means that elephants walk on their tiptoes with their body weight evenly distributed across the fatty/connective tissue at the heel. Ex: An adult male Asian elephant that is 2.88 m (9.5 ft.) in height and weighs about 4,167 kg (9,259 lb.) distributes just 3.8 kg (8.5 lb.) of weight per square inch on its heels.
    2. The elephant's unique foot structure enables secure movement over uneven terrain and swampy ground.
    [​IMG]

And furthermore, if Jack can somehow with his powers cause droughts, he becomes a DF user that can counter the effects of Zou's Water eruption, which I actually believe Oda will now use to display Jack's drought abilities. He will be able to suck up the water and fire it with tremendous power. Hell, he may not have used this against the Minks at all. Wouldn't it be awesome if the main antagonist returned, only to show that he was only half trying when he arrived the first time?

So this is why I think Jack is the DROUGHT. With his mammoth zoan and the power of his trunk, he's somehow able to rob the environment of all it's moisture. Maybe Zoans could fall into Doflamingo's category for awakening and not be their own thing. It would be amazing to see if Zoans actually have cool power stored within their fruits that they just aren't tapping into. Many people consider Zoans the weakest class of DFs. Oda may change that with this arc.

While Jack is the Calamity of Water, his divisions are the Calamity of Pestilence. This is because I believe these two division introduced in this chapter are the weakest ones in the entire army of Kaidou. Pleasures don't look like they have any power and the Gifters literally look like a group that have been given failed Artificial fruits and thus can only manifest specific body parts as features of their animals, but can't produce any full transformations. Basically, the runts of Kaidou's forces. As we go forward, the power will only go up from here. Starting with;
    ___________________WINDXFAMINE__________________
    Anyways unto who I think the "Queen" of Kaidou's crew will be base on. I think this individual will take elements of the legends of Khutulun, a member of the army of Kaidu, a Mongolian war commander, who probably inspired at least the name of Kaidou. Some info on Khutulun:

I believe Oda will put that last part into literal context and she will have a flying fruit, the third true flying fruit to be revealed out of the five mentioned to exist in Alabasta. And the fruit will be the:

[​IMG]
    Ancient Zoan Tori Tori no mi Model: Pteranodon

There are other fruits that could fill this position well, but none as big as the Pteranodon. 9 metre wing span is ridiculous, this thing would be huge in the skies. Now of key note here is that Oda has already foreshadowed the idea of a flier having traumatized the Samurai.

[​IMG]

So this shows that we can expect a flier to be among Kaidou's crew. There are only 5 true flight fruits, but other fruits, such as Robin's, or Doflamingo's manage to find a way to imitate flight. I believe Kaidou and his forces are able to do so and the Artificial DFs, they may have many fliers.

Also, just like Jack, the wielder of this fruit will be awakened and with their powerful wings be able to summon powerful hurricane force wind blasts and maybe even create tornadoes. A true embodiment of the calamity of wind. And just like Jack, the divisions under her, will bring about "famine", or at least their powers will parallel to creatures that cause famine, or destruction of crops in particular.

I will name these two divisions but what I think their powers will be is more important. I think this Calamity will have under her a division of Artificial Flying Bird users and a division of Insect/Arachnid creatures. Basically, you can see what I'm getting at.

As we move up the chain, I believe the divisions will revolve around the different categories in the Animal Kingdom, as Kaidou is the King of Beasts. I will name these two divsions "Harbingers"(Bird Division) and the "Reapers"(Insect/Arachnid Division). I chose these specifically because birds are notorious for being threats to crops and so are insects.

And just like Sheepshead, each division will have it's own leader to work under. I'll make a graphic to illustrate the hierarchy at the end.

This will give the Strawhats, notable and named characters, to take on during the arc as well, while the alliance deals with the Calamities and Kaidou. And finally,
    __________________FIREXWARFARE__________________

Now this is where I take a turn. You would think all three calamities are gonna be Ancient Zoans, but I think not. I think this individual will be a Mystical Zoan like Kaidou and be his second strongest warrior. Hence why him and his divisions represent Warfare. He will have the strongest divisions and be the strongest of the calamities. Any why will he have a Mythical Zoan? It's so obvious.

BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND A DINOSAUR THAT COULD REPRESENT FIRE GODDAMN IT. IF I HAD THIS THREAD WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT YESTERDAY. I'M GIVING UP

On a more serious note, I do think it would be cool for one of the strongest calamities to also be the closest to Kaidou in a way, and even though Mythical Zoans are rarer than logias, if any crew is gonna have more than one, it's the crew that is all about Zoans. So what mythical Zoan do I think he is? It's too obvious to say Dragon. Everyone expects it. All the foreshadowing with Oda's One Shot Monsters, the Dragon on Punk Hazard etc.

But what Oda has done by making Dragons a species in his verse is that he has taken the Mythicality out of at least the fire breathing dragons and I don't think this guy will be a "true" dragon. The fruit I think the Calamity of Fire will have is.

[​IMG]

Mythical Zoan: Chimera.

A Zoan fruit with no class. Dragon is kind of too obvious with everything foreshadowing it. But someone with this fruit could alternate between using fire,using claws or using their horns. A great opponent for a certain swordsman. A fire breathing, amalgamation of 3 animals. Kaidou's second in command will also have multiple animal forms. While Kaidou is 100, he is 3.

My two divisions are the last two major animal groups. The Reptiles and the Mammals. Remember this picture from Fishman Island.

[​IMG]

Pictures of a Bull and a Tiger and such in the foreground. I think theses will be prominent members in the Zoan Army. Maybe the Tiger will run the Predator group etc. Who knows.

This was fun though, I don't want to draw it out anymore, so I will stop here. But writing this, let me in on a key note about Kaidou's forces. He has DEPTH. Real Depth. He has ability users up the Wazoo. That many DF users in one crew is ridiculous now that you think about it. We have never seen that many gathered in one force.

And in many ways, writing this has solidified my belief that the current alliance lacks the depth to take on a force of this size. 500 DF users made, plus fodder crews, plus Younkou and 3 calamities. This is crazy. This is on a level I don't think we have seen before. Just remember the line up the marines formed to take on Whitebeard. This is a Younkou we are dealing with and what? We are gonna use Law's basic crew and the Strawhats and that's all? To take on a force of this size? Aokiji himself told Smoker to tell Akainu to mobilize ALL the admirals to stop this shit. We are gonna need serious backup to take on this kind of force. Supernovas baby. Let's go. CAN'T WAIT FOR WANO. It's gonna be chaos.

EDIT:Just for people who were in the threasd and missed it, the graphic of Kaidou's crew structure.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Nessos, HakiMaster, sheehan and 35 others like this.
  2. Suda

Suda

Bounty Points:
    Very interesting ideas. Although i do hope there is something more to awakened Zoans than physical buff's, i guess time will tell eh?

nicolaw_h, Zaz, Blazen91 and 2 others like this.
  3. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    Nice post man! It seems like there was this huge rush to post Theories about the calamities... but that's like counter to the idea of good theory making. Your's was the last but it was the best :yaaa:

However, I really think ALL of you are wrong about some of the crucial detail haha

Firstly, Jack is Kaido's "Right hand man" in every translation i've read. If we play of the card theme, which pretty obviously exists, people are speculating there will be a "Queen" and a "king/ace"(not Kaido). I can buy having a queen calamity, but there should be no other Male stronger than Jack besides Kaido.

We also don't know when the SH's are going to face off vs. Jack... I think it's more likely than not given he's the "Right hand man" of Kaido and part of the 3 calamities that he will actually be the last or second to last Calamity the SH's face.

So, in regards to your post, the last calamity is unlikely to be stronger than Jack and have a mythical zoan.

Also, it's not that the samurai's just fear flying creatures.. they fear things that fly AND Dragons. Dragons also, usually, can fly. So it's logical to assume that the flying thing the samurais fear is actually a Dragon. This is most likley to be Kaido himself.

but, my ranting aside, good work ^^

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    Yeah I didn't address Kaidou's Dragon stuff here because there was no need. And I shied away from labeling any of the other calamities as a dragon wherever possible because of that. But I will say this, Kaidou is very likely an Oni, not a Dragon. But that doesn't mean he can't have a dragon form, because Oni in Japanese culture can shapeshift into many different animals and therefore, it would fit perfectly with his name Hundred Beast Kaidou if he actually was capable of taking on the form of almost any beast he desired.

If you want to know why, I'll link Rogersbase' video which is a superb look at why Kaidou is so heavily inspired in both design and story by Oni

Now about Jack, I don't think Jack is Kaidou's Vice captain. I think all three Calamities are his "right hand" basically. Jack and his crew only being able to fight on par with the minks and win with poison weapons is not indicative to me of a top level 2nd in command type character. Jack is to Kaidou what Vergo was to Doflamingo in my mind. Really strong, one of his top fighters, but not quite there as the best. It only makes sense. Look at the weak as shit crew he has walking around with. A little Mink toddler took one of those goons out. It would be extremely underwhelming if Jack was the 2nd strongest member of Kaidou's crew overall and his forces couldn't even handle the minks.

So despite what the translations say, I will wait on Viz translations tomorrow and the One Piece Podcast before I make any statements on Jack's position. Sheepshead could also have been hyping Jack up to the minks, since they didn't know who he was to instill fear into them. Obviously that didn't work.

HOLY ONE, Blazen91 and Joy_Boy like this.
  5. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    I see what you're saying :yaaa: I feel in the mood to defend my thoughts though, so here's what I think.

Kaido's epithet "Hundred Beast" doesn't have to mean he has many forms, or has eaten many artificial zoan fruits. It could just refer to his army of zoan fruit users, and this is the most realistic idea imo. I think many are sold on that he is capable of transforming into a dragon, don't you think that's overpowered enough as it is? His fruit doesn't need an upgrade from that, Dragons are pretty much as strong as it gets in the mythical beast category.

I've been reading OP for a while, and honestly I haven't seen both Mangapanda and Mangastream mistranslated the same panel yet, but not saying it hasn't happened. I could be wrong though. But if viz will sway you, then waiting a day aint so bad.

If it does say "right hand man", then it's a HUGE stretch to assume they are all the "right hand man". I'll concede the fact that the argument involving Kaido-the Mongol's- daughter Khutulun is very convincing, making this related OP character a good bet for "Queen". If this character is Kaido-the pirates- daughter, it leaves room for Jack to be the "right hand man" yet lower ranked than her for several reasons.
    1. She's the daughter of the king, and is naturally assumed to be higher rank than everybody who's not "royalty".
    2. "Right hand man", whereas the queen is a woman.
    3. And you still have a left hand.

but honestly, i'm unsure if the phrase 'right hand man' is even present in Japanese culture, and thus the specificity of our particular analogy wouldn't matter. The idea, though, is that the right hand man means "2nd in command". There can not be 3 people who are second in command.

You seem to think he's weak, but i'd counter that you don't know the enemy he was going up against. How strong are the minks, who have been isolated from the world for 1000 years and have battle ready infants? There's a reason they haven't been f*cked with. Additionally, there's a difference between 1 vs. 1 fights and a clusterf*ck. How many more minks were there than Jacks men? Do you think luffy could defeat 30 enemies his exact equal at the same time? I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Jack, the fact that he took Zou at all, and most likely survived confronting Doffy's transports ships is amazing. This dude puts himself it ridiculously tough situations and still is here(most likely).

Just my thoughts though, take em or leave em.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    HOLY ONE, TheConqueror and Blazen91 like this.
  6. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    Hmmm cool ideas, too early to speculate so i wont go into detail, though i think Jack is the strongest of the Calamities

7. Suda

Suda

Bounty Points:
    Actually i believe Alpha2Late17 made a theory about Kaido having an extremely powerful daughter based off the Mongol "Kaidu's" real daughter who was a warrior, here it is if you wanna watch it.

8. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    Was awesome if i'm honest, not so sure about the Chimera guy, but hey it fits the mold right?

With the Zoan awakening, i think it's just as it was explained, i say this mainly because Zoan fruits are mainly eaten by people who are physical fighters, thus the fruit makes their melee attacks stronger, by a substantial amount. So i believe the awakening for them makes sense, at least to me anyway.

Either way great read.

TheConqueror and Joy_Boy like this.
  9. Suda

Suda

Bounty Points:
    Also the Bug-Bug fruit can fly, we've seen 2 of the models so far (bee and rhino beetle) and both of them can fly so that should be one of the 5 and surely the dragon fruit should come under that category as we are almost certain to see it at some point.

TheConqueror likes this.
  10. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    I don't think Jack is weak at all. I think all 3 of the calamities are strong as shit. I just don't see why the second strongest is walking around with such a weak crew. You would expect a lot more out of the crew he has under him.

It also doesn't make sense for Oda to blow the strongest position at this stage, when we don't even have a guarantee of heading straight to Wano after Zou.

Plus the card games Oda is playing, with Sheeps head being named after a Card game as well as Gin rummy and the obvious parallel to Joker and Jack, you would expect Queen and King to be higher ranked and Kaidou higher still.

So I will stick with my idea that Jack is about 4th in strength in Kaidous crew.

Those are bugs. I think Oda is talking about birds specifically. 5 Models of the Tori Tori no mi if you will, of which they are only 2. Pell's Falcon and undoubtedly once it is named, Marco's Phoenix.

Blazen91 and Joy_Boy like this.
  11. Deleted member 10103

Deleted member 10103 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Great Ideas, I think one of the calamities having a mythical zoan is very possible. Things could go either way. :D

12. Cpt.

Cpt.

Bounty Points:
    I would like to see the Pterodactyl be another calamity. I am much less sure about a chimera, but that too would be cool.

13. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Excellent! But I would say that Quetzalcoatlus shits all over Pteranodons

Brilliant theory, and I can see this being reality, really!

14. Suda

Suda

Bounty Points:
    "You're lucky to see this. Only 5 FLYING devil fruits are known to exist"
    I have the physical book and he doesn't mean only birds, the tweet-tweet fruit is the entire bird category stuffed into one fruit e.g Tweet-Tweet(Sparrow model) or Tweet-Tweet(Haast's Eagle model) those count as one fruit, not two.

15. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    Dude. Oda wouldn't hype up five fruits to waste a bunch on two tiny dwarves that will never amount to anything. He is talking about bird fruits. Robin can fly using her fruit. So can Doflamingo. So can Fujitora. Shiki can levitate the swords he attached to his legs etc. Flying is not something impossible for fruits in One Piece. People find a way to do it all the time. Even Luffy can now fly with G4. We have gone way past 5 DF users who have used their abilities to fly in the series. 5 flying fruits cannot be related to only fruits that are capable of flight. It is a very specific number to introduce. He's talking about Bird fruits.

IceAgeKuzan and korona like this.
  16. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    You do realize in the best translations it refers to birds rather than flying. As if you simply say 'flying types' then you have to consider all Logia fruits as well. Having known four Zoans that can fly already, we should add the eleven Logia fruits we're aware of (all Logia users can fly in their elemental forms) as well as the Paramecias we've seen that provide some form of flying abilities: Bara Bara no Mi, Hana Hana no Mi, Ito Ito no Mi, Beri Beri no Mi, Horo Horo no Mi, Fuwa Fuwa no Mi, Guru Guru no Mi and Fujitoras fruit. This takes the grand total up to 23 flying abilities. But only five of these in the Manga will be bird Zoans

Joy_Boy and Deleted member 10103 like this.
  17. Suda

Suda

Bounty Points:
    Good point but i believe Pell meant fruit that are based around flying and flying is the main focuse of their ability, e.g Shiki's fruit would likely come under the 5 due to the fact that it is literally a flying fruit, logia can't fly up into the sky as shiki can, they can float, perhaps, or glide over the ground, but we haven't seen any fly like a bird or, in fact, shiki. It is actually quite likely that he was referring to zoan but he did say flying and this is a physical copy of the manga, its possible its a mistranslated sentence but its more likely he was just referring to fruit that could "fly" in general.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 30, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 30, 2015 ---
    No he isn't, you do realize that the bird zoans would only come under one fruit, the tweet-tweet fruit and its various models, i'll just quote MDN here.

Once again, i'd say Pell was not referring to only the tweet-tweet fruit and other zoans, its possible that he was only referring to zoans, but he wasn't referring to the tweet-tweet fruit exclusively. Also there are many models of the Mushi-Mushi no mi and its very possible that we will see a powerful character with one of them in the future, Oda wouldn't waste a flying fruit on 2 "extra's" you are right, but there are many more bugs that fall under that category.

18. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Smoker was flying around and fought with Luffy at a pretty impressive altitude. Of course they can fly upwards, not just float, this can be seen in Kizaru's fight with Marco, Monet's fight with Tashigi and Kuzans fight with Luffy. Of course, some Logias won't be able to fly so well, such as the Magu Magu no Mi, Numa Numa no Mi and the Yami Yami no Mi which can't fly at all. Nonetheless, most Logias can fly unrestricted

19. Suda

Suda

Bounty Points:
    Odd, i was under the impression that they could only hover and that Kizaru only jumped, you're probably right though and knowing Oda, he'll pull a Toriyama and completely ignore the 5 fruit rule ;P

L o g i a likes this.
  20. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    He's already ignored a few things he has mentioned as well...

Originally, the 7 Shichibukai were the strongest pirates in the world, then he introduced the Yonko
    Originally a Marine Rank bore the same significance no matter where they are stationed, now a Navy HQ Rear Admiral is equal to Vice Admirals from other bases, for example
    I mean... 30 million used to be a big deal, 81 million was a huge deal, 300 million was a huge deal, but now we're probably looking at top tiers having bounties near the 800m->1bn mark, most likely

TheConqueror and Suda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice