Discussion The Psycho Guy and his role in the future

Discussion in 'The Promised Neverland' started by Raycont, Sep 27, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    With the recent introduction of the sole survivor of the group that escaped the Glory Bell orphanage, the authors introduced a potentially really important new character into the story.

He's deranged, talks to people who aren't there and most of all he appears to be dangerous.

And still, Emma and Ray are set on having this guy be their tutor/mentor on their journey to the next shelter.

So what do you all think his role in the future of the story will be? Will he become a "main side character"? Will he die in the future? WIll they be able to calm him down completely?

Personally I think that Ray and Emma will be able to calm this guy down after a while. He is what Ray would've become if it weren't for Emma's and Norman's influence. There's a lot of interesting conversations to be had here and I do think he'll be crucial to the further development of Ray's and Emma's survival/combat skills as well as their characters in general.
    I think the story of his escape and the death of all of his friends has a lot of potential and may tell us a lot about the Demons.

2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I also think he'll be important in the events to come!

He is developed slowly, since we still don't know his name, however every time he appears, there is that big impact. I believe it would be great to have an adult in the story again, after Isabella left I felt this lack of comparsion between kids and adults, he might bring that back.

Lucciola, Dazai and Raycont like this.
  3. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I think we'll most likely get his name and some more backstory in the upcoming "Negtiation" chapters. I'm really looking forward to his backstory!

Him accompanying Emma and Ray also makes their survival in the wilderness a lot more believable. So far they have been relying on the Demons that basically did everything for them and before they had them they were almost killed by the Farm Demons. Idk I think it's kinda cool that even though they aren't ordinary kids by any means, they still need the guidance of adults.

Lucciola, Dazai and Blue Rose like this.
  4. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    I see him as more of an explosive or gun type of fighter. He looks way too out of shape to fight any other way.

Think he'll be great help knowledge wise and has probably done some exploring himself. Actually even though it's directly opposite to what I just said do you think maybe he's scared to leave?

Arashirai, Raycont and Blue Rose like this.
  5. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    I see him as the the upcoming mentor who dislike the kids at the start but begins to warm up to them a little and then a lot. Which I foresee him dying in the end by protecting the children from the demons.

6. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Well this chapter just showed us that the exact opposite is the case. :D

I agree, he seems to be this kind of character. I can already see Ray pulling a screaming Emma away while he stays back to ensure that they can escape. lol

Blue Rose, Lucciola and Hi Shin Unit like this.
  7. Arashirai

Arashirai

Bounty Points:
    He gives off a similar feel to Sung Joo, someone who may help them for a short while, but remain potentially dangerous on the long term.

Sung Joo introduced the faction of the religious demons and their plans for the restoration of proper hunting, no name may introduce more informations about the other high grade plantations and stay relevant about those.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Blue Rose, Lucciola and Raycont like this.
  8. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    He may also give us more information about the Cattle Raiders. Sung-Joo mentioned them and the kids found something about poachers in the shelter. I suspect that the poachers could be the Cattle Raiders that Sung-Joo talked about and finding them seemed like one of the future arcs of TPN to me.

Blue Rose, Lucciola and Arashirai like this.
  9. Arashirai

Arashirai

Bounty Points:
    Nice connection, now I'm wondering if the cattle raiders are humans, raiding to get more smart kids into their ranks. Which would be similar to what Emma and Ray are planning to do with Grace Field. (for different reasons though, for family)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Blue Rose and Raycont like this.
  10. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I also thought about this possibility. In thousands of years there should've been more escapees than just Emma & Ray's group and No Name's group. Though Sung-Joo called the Cattle Raiders "Demons", but then again he also never heard of other escapees and hours after they parted ways they met No Name.

What goes against this speculation imo is that No Name seemed to be afraid of the Poachers.

11. Arashirai

Arashirai

Bounty Points:
    Though it's odd for their name to be inside the shelter, either they wrote that themselves, meaning they are humans who know about the shelters(since demons shouldn't know about those), or it was no name to write that on the wall.

Blue Rose and Raycont like this.
  12. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I think No Name wrote that stuff along with all the other names and all the "Helps" I think this is just part of his psychotic behaviour caused by his traumatic experiences and the inability to deal with the loss of all of his friends.

13. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I'm a bit surprised that since his first first appearance he didn't go crazy even once. What if he loses it in a dire situation and Emma saves him from certain death + bonus hurting herself a little while at it. That would be a strong push to the good side.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice