Anime Episode The Promised Neverland - Episode 8: 021145

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Blue Rose, Feb 28, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Episode

1. Blew My Mind

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Great

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
  2. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    The atmosphere the atmosphere!!!

O man did they nail it with this one!! Mama is her voice actor gets mayor credits. Can't wait to read the reactions of anime only watchers.

My only complaint so far is that it is going at a breakneck speed. But seeing the total amount of episodes its understandable.

3. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Omg the worst thing about making the thread is that you can't be the first one to give your opinion!

This chapter in some ways failed but in some ways really nailed it - and I'm a manga lover so it's a good review.

I think every manga reader remembers that glorious panel of demon hand reaching Krone - she was completelly ready for her end. It's one of my favourite panels of the manga. So as in every surprise panel animated - it lacks the power we felt in the manga. The picture below -

[​IMG]

THERE WAS NO SIGHT OF DEMON BEFORE THIS PANEL, THIS JUST CUT OUT MY RESPIRATORY SYSTEM for about 5 seconds

However they really made up for this prolonging with the detailed story of sister Krone that was about half shorter in the manga, so in the end I really enjoyed it. Really felt for her. And now I understand the point of adding that doll to the story.

Really loved the way they handled Ray and Mama confrontation! Really held back my breath. :catblush:

HOWEVER the one who kicked out the door in the manga was RAY. Don only came with a key and before he got to open it Ray kicked it out. I really don't get why they switched it???? If it was supposed to make me like Don more then excuse me, it doesn't work :chrisdog:

It sent chills down my spine when Mama introduced herself to the kids for real in the manga and I had exactly the same reacion now! Her voice actor is killing it! And they did justice to Norman saying "We'll stop being nice kids from now on" :feelscryingman:

So tbh it was most likely the best anime episode so far for me :catsalute:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  4. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    This episode most definitely played to the tune of Isabella, it was as if she was the conductor directing the orchestra, particularly for the second half of the episode.

As for the first half, it was as if she (Isabella) timed Krone's death at the moment in which the Grace Field say, 'Thank you for the meal!'

Liked how CloverWorks fleshed out Krone in the moments before her demise and the contrast it had between the scenes where the kids were eating happily together.

5. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I am also a Manga reader so I know what is going on, and I am so excited to see how this comes to life! It's one of my favorite parts of the Manga so far.

6. KuroKaze

KuroKaze

Bounty Points:
    What a ####ing episode...

"Itadakimasu" - the parallel between children having their lunch and krone getting devoured by the beast. That scene was so strong.

I never thought krone would suffer such a fate. Isabella was 10 steps no 20 steps ahead of her and by extension of children'

Ray's little double agent game, krone's sneaky tag game, Don & Gilda's involvement ..she knew it all. She didn't hide this from grandma at all. They were in this together....

What was that pen...? Krone left it in Ray's drawer for the children to use it for their escape...

Get out.....destroy this world..... escape

What had Ray written on that piece of paper?

Mama - Enough with this dilly-dallying ...
    She had 3 options:
    1) control the kids using ray and crone.
    2) deem the kids uncontrollable and ship them out immediately.
    3) control them directly...because they are too precious to be reaped just yet

But the time frame has changed drastically... IT'S TOMORROW??? NORMAN?

That "inspection" was their only shot they knew it and took it..but Isabella didn't allow it to happen...

Will Emma and co. be able to conjure up a plan in time ..how the other kids will line up in this crunch situation? Lots of questions.

7. Adrenazixe

Adrenazixe

Bounty Points:
    RIP Krone :feelscryingman:. I liked how they visualized the gates to look heavenly when she met her end. :pepehands:

8. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    It feels bad being a manga reader when you already know what happen..
    Thanks a lot @LogicoftheVI :shifty::smuggrin:

9. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    Wow, amazing episode, my favourite so far!
    I´m sure a lot of the Only Anime Watchers, got a heart attack at the end. You better don´t fuck with Isabella, she´s savage as hell. :cool:
    BTW kudos to her voice actor she´s doing a brilliant job, her calm voice while she reminds the kids that she knew everything and is still in full control of the situation gave me chills.
    I got several goose bumps while watching this episode and my heart died for the second time when Krone died.
    R.I.P. my love you´ll be missed so much! You´ll alwals hold a special place in my heart. :feelscryingman:
    Can´t wait for the next episode as things are getting pretty intense. There are 4 episodes left right?
    If the Seasons ends where I would put the end if I were the producers, oh boy, the wait for the second season would be unbearable. *evil laugh* *rubs palms enthusiastically*

10. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I think this arc will be fully animated, splitting it in any way would kill the suspense.

LogicoftheVI likes this.
  11. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    It´d say it depends on where they´d cut the season. Somewhere they´ll have to do a cut and end season 1 as there are only 12 episodes animated so far.
    As we are in the episode discussion thread I´ll send a pm to tell which moment I was referring, because I don´t want to spoil people here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice