Anime Episode The Promised Neverland - Episode 3: 181045

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Chris Mic, Jan 24, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Episode

1. Blew My Mind

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Great

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
  2. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    More awesome on the way! I am really loving thus anime!

3. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Even though It's still great, this episode didn't hit me like the previous ones - the dynamics and sense of danger of the tag game somehow turned into a goofy scene and all the surprise panels were wasted - for example Ray appearing behind Krone with an evil intent and then just patting her shoulder and showing time. In the manga it was surprising, here we had entire sequence of Ray delicatly running up to her.

And I feel the jumpscares of Krone we loved in the manga were a lot less intimidating in the anime - well, except that moment when she appeared above Emma.

The stress of conversation between Krone and Isabella was also unnoticeable.

But what hurts me most is that the spy existence reveal was like "ah yes, there is a spy" and it wasn't least bit dramatic! I mean - In manga there was this distance shot of kids that screamed - EVERYONE CAN BE AGAINST US. This time they literally put this scene into a closet ;(

Still that is me nitpicking - I love it nevertheless.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  4. KuroKaze

KuroKaze

Bounty Points:
    I jumped out of my chair when I heard "Isabella". I thought where did big mom come from?. :rofl:. Her grandma and big mom are voiced by the same actor I am thinking.

5. Knee D.

Knee D.

Bounty Points:
    Nothing really noteworthy this episode; they failed to do Krone's expressions justice though she did still look pretty creepy.

6. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    I agree, Krone remains my favourite character though, I still think the anime did her well, just not the rape faces :lmao:

7. RedDragonStrike

RedDragonStrike

Bounty Points:
    I really love the pacing of the anime! I'm up with the manga too and the build up chapters took a (reasonable) amount of time through many dialoges and monologes, but here we see, why anime adaption is so good. These kinda things happen faster and filled with ost and reasonable motion it becomes quite intriguing to see even when you read the manga.

8. stala_dynar

stala_dynar last night was a mess Wanted

Bounty Points:
    The game of tag was splendid! Really enjoyable to watch! The anime adaption is great!

9. DarkWitch

DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    I really enjoyed the tag scene, and when I heard grandma's voice I was waiting for her to make the mamamama laugh lol.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  10. TrollOnePieceTheories

TrollOnePieceTheories

Bounty Points:
    I still haven't started watching the anime. I'm gonna wait for a few episodes to stack up before I do, but I heard all amazing things about it! Manga will do for now, it's way too good over there too lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice