Anime Episode The Promised Neverland - Episode 1: 121045

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Chris Mic, Jan 9, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Episode

1. Blew My Mind

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. Great

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Good

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
  2. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I haven't watched this yet but will tonight or with jojo on Friday! It looks soooooo good!

Ranjit, tactics5, Endeavor and 7 others like this.
  3. Ninety Eyes

Ninety Eyes

Bounty Points:
    Looking forward to watching this when I find the time! Need to seriously catch up with the manga tho.

BTW Chris, can you tag me on future episode threads?

4. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Will do!

It's a shame it's just 12 episodes but it will be an amazing 12 weeks!

5. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    OMAGAGAGAGAGAGAGGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAAGAGAGAG
    DNSAFBUAFNLAFNK

ok, let's calm down

It was everything I hoped for. The demons look terrifying, even more than in the manga because of the crazy eyes and the highlight of their werid movements.

Leslie lullaby is CONFIRMED. I remember this music, but I can't find it now :shifty: But it is somewhere! I can't believe I get to know Leslie Lullaby IN THE FIRST EPISODE, I'M BEYOND HAPPY.

AND WE EVEN GOT LESLIE AT THE END OF THE ENDING.

Perfection :catblush::catblush::catblush::catblush::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 9, 2019 ---
    It's the melody that starts in the middle of first trailer! THIS IS LESLIE LULLABY
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019 ---

3:21

I present You.... The Leslie lullaby

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Ranjit, tactics5, Dazai and 7 others like this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser

Bounty Points:
    YES!! YES!! YES!! It was awesome!.. Everything I expected, and more!
    The animation, the voice acting, the soundtracks.. It all exceeded my expectations.
    I loved that last bit of the episode where they put the emphasis on how terrifying the monsters are.
    The lullaby in the background as Norman and Emma were talking about escaping.. Goosebumps!!

ISABELLA!!! :khangasm:

I need to catch up with the manga now! :lmao:
    Now I definitely have to catch up with the manga

Ranjit, tactics5, Endeavor and 7 others like this.
  7. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    So far so good.

Enjoyed the opening, 'Touch Off' by Uverworld.

The tone of the closing song is certainly closer to what I imagined the tone of the opening song would be.

The trailers did kind of ruin the clues that were presented in this episode.

Ranjit, tactics5, Endeavor and 5 others like this.
  8. Gearfouuuurtho

Gearfouuuurtho

Bounty Points:
    Oh dang didn't realize this was out already. Im going to watch it as soon as I get a chance. Anyone know if it is on crunchyroll? I still gotta watch jojo too and that is where I usually do it.

Honestly being a manga reader will kill the suspense and mystery of the start of this series, but it will still be nice to see it animated.

And since the anime just begun, hopefully pacing issues won't be a thing since there's plenty of space between the anime/manga.

One piece has been suffering because of that for quite a while....its at least written with that in mind though and does seem to be getting slightly better.

9. Deleted member 1997

Deleted member 1997 Guest

Bounty Points:
    I don't know how to feel about the opening yet... but I hope it'll grow on me

I'm so happy to see my baby boy Phil. He's so adorable. I can't

RIP Conny ;(

That Emma cry was so heartbreaking to hear. So haunting and depressing :catcry:

10/10 for me. Onto the next one.

Also, could you also tag me @Chris Mic for the upcoming threads. Thanks bro!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2019
    Ranjit, tactics5, Endeavor and 6 others like this.
  10. Jakubi

Jakubi

Bounty Points:
    I LOVED IT
    THE OPENING WAS SO GOOD
    THE EPISODE WAS EVEN BETTER UGH

11. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    HYPE!!! I'll be watching this shortly!!!

12. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    Thax for noticed me :D, dont know it already out.

13. DarkWitch

DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    This was a great first episode, from the voice acting to the music everything was just great. I especially loved seeing the demons, also the characters all look really good in the anime compared to the manga. Even though I already know what's going to happen since I read the manga, I'm still excited for these upcoming episodes.

14. Knee D.

Knee D.

Bounty Points:
    The big scene was 10/10, overall a great first episode that raised my hopes for the rest. On the other hand, some of the changes weren't very nice, and Ray acting overly suspicious ruins it for anime-onlys. Opening was actually quite good despite being UVERworld, and the ending was god tier. Worried the pacing issues might continue considering there's only 12 episodes... Please don't drop the thought processes.

If this keeps up, this will be a great adaptation and we'll probably get the rest from this studio later down the line I just really want to see Yuugo please.

15. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Imo, very good first episode. Spoilers if you haven't watched episode 1:

I think the manga is better personally but that does not discredit what this episode does. This, while I believe is an inferior atmosphere to the imagery and build-up to the reveals in the manga, has its OWN charms. The demons in my opinion were the best part of the episode, they are the nightmare fuel you would imagine the boogeyman to be as a child. They look nothing like humans, yet with some vaugely human characteristics that make them scary by hitting close to home where your childlike part of your mind is most vulnerable. They are the monsters you imagine where under your bed. You can tell the horror Emma and Norman must be thinking. Their creepy movements and everything, so damn great.

However there are some things I feel should have been handled better, like the pacing being a bit slower and quieter and maybe less subtle hints to make you REALLY feel shocked. I also didn't like the shocking revelation of Conny's body and the demon initial reveal as much as the manga. In the manga, you turn the page and see this:
    036_1470351158.png

Then you turn the page and see THIS:
    038_1470351158.png

I shit my pants, dude. The anime does the best job I think it could do, however. However I do have some real complaints, like Ray being a bit too obvious as a main character despite him not being so relevant at first and only just slightly more prominent than Don or Gilda. That might be a nitpick but I also kinda hate that they just briefly show Emma looking at her hand from behind. Meanwhile in the manga, we had this:
    042_1470351158.png
    043_1470351158.png

That whole moment of realization I think is better portrayed in the manga, this is my biggest complaint of the episode.

Finally I think the soundtrack is so-so but it will probably grow on me. Not bad, Clover Works. Not bad at all. I am really looking forward to watching more. 12 episodes I think can be enough for this series to be a smash hit, and hopefully get more people into the greatness of The Promised Neverland. Enjoy the ride.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 10, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 10, 2019 ---
    It's seasonal, not weekly, so don't worry at all. 12 episodes only for this season.

Oh and I forgot to mention, opening 1 is incredible and ending is also good!
    I noticed this slightly too! The anime is looking nice <3

16. Gyusa Akahi

Gyusa Akahi

Bounty Points:
    Just watched the episode and its so freaking AMAZING[:3]its better than i thought I also love the opening ITS GREAT!
    if anime only watchers doesn't get hook up with the thrill and mystery watching this just like when the first time i read TPN i swear:catrude:

17. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    If you are anime only and watch this without knowing anything I don't know how you couldn't get hooked. Like... the Promised Neverland has such a creepy, thought-provoking, beautiful premise! Episode 1 will turn many heads.

18. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded

Bounty Points:
    I thought Norman's voice would have been deeper than that. It's easy to forget he's 11 when you've had no voice to attach to.

Man those visuals are awesome!

That the delivery on that scream, my god!

19. GUDUman

GUDUman

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for taging me Chris.

Finally getting anime of this Series.
    The key of this chapter was the change of a seemingly happy life to a sad reality.
    Ray is realistic in the whole episode.
    In the end, Mama seems furious.
    The pace seems nice.
    BTW the girl that dies does she have the tag no. 121045? Is that why the chapter name is 121045?

20. Deleted member 1997

Deleted member 1997 Guest

Bounty Points:
    No, Conny's number was 48294. Regarding the episode title, it's the present date that this takes place.

121045 = October 12, 2045

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice