Manga Chapter The Promised Neverland - Chapter 95: Let’s Go Home

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter Discussions' started by Marcusx8, Jul 13, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Chapter

1. Blew my mind

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Great

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Average

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Marcusx8

Marcusx8

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    The Promised Neverland Chapter 95 - Let’s Go Home

Read The Chapter Online
    MangaDex (ONLINE)
    Mangastream (ONLINE)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  2. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    Nice chapter to close out goldy pond.
    Cliche all of us are going but it was to be expected.

Weird that no Demons missed Bayon & Lewis. Do the demons go in in shifts or are there different entry points?

Cant wait to see where the adventure goes from here

3. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    The demons from the house didn't know what had happened so they weren't worried.

4. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    I like the way the story has changed now! A brand new exciting arc!

5. Kuma_Rockz

Kuma_Rockz

Bounty Points:
    The art on the last page was so nice. Great chapter and great end to a great arc. I'm excited to see what comes next.

6. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Ray is starting to casually kill demons :cool: Cool boi.

What Ray said about changing the world must be a setup to seeing the demons reacting to what happened! I can't wait for this switch!

7. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    Sorry, I was ill, but I´m glad that I returned in time for Chapter 95.
    That was a good chapter, although I´m worried, that they split Ray and Emma into two Groups, one that takes the dangerous short-cut path and the other team who takes the three weeks path. (I hope this doesn´t mean we´ll have to wait, weeks (or months!!) before we see Ray (or Emma) again, depending on which team the author decides to follow in the next chapters.
    I haven´t seen Adam since the Lewis´ defeat, but I guess, he´ll accompany the long path team. (Although I´d prefer him to follow no name and Emma, because they could need a hand, it´d be awesome if Adam cleared the path for no name and Emma, choking the wild monsters to death with his bare hands #Adam the savage)
    I also liked how the Kids showed up in front of the demons, who were waiting for their fresh meat and shot them. ("I´m sorry there´s no fresh meat for you today, but how about you swallow down these bullets!")
    It was a good choice to blow up this whole place to make their point clear to the demons, that the tables are turning and that they better should prepare for revolution. (I already hear the song ´Children of The Revolution´playing in my head :lmao:)
    Now I wonder how the story continues and if something happens to one of the teams.

8. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    So I just caught up after a long TPN hiatus. I was able to read pretty much the entire fight vs the Demons in one sitting. It was pretty good but a bit too much action for my liking. The horror of this manga is pretty much gone by this point and has been replaced with action. That's fine but it makes the manga a whole lot more average for me.

Overall Goldy Pond was a pretty good arc, it gave us lots of new information and some really cool action with a great villain. It even gave us some information that I would have never expected we would get so early on. On the other hand though I do have to say that I don't care about any of the new kids besides Nigel. And this arc also killed the suspense and horror that the Demons brought during the first arc. It also confirmed to me that whatever happens, no one will die anymore as soon as Emma enters the plot.

Now I am looking forward to Lucas and Mystery Dude talking and it's cool that we will finally get to know MD's name. Seems like the next arc already starts in the next chapter. Great.

Also very interesting that Lewis among others remembered Musica and Sung-Joo before he died.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 14, 2018 ---
    Pretty much the main fear I had with this manga

9. tactics5

tactics5

Bounty Points:
    Honestly I'm just glad that the heart-thumping parts are over for now. The way everything was progressing at such a fast pace makes me nervous just reading the first few pages. At least with this I had a breather since it was expected that they wouldn't just leave anyone behind.

We still don't know the guy's name after all this time. At this point I'm just calling him Juan.

10. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    @Raycont I understand your concerns about Ray getting used to killing demons without hesitation. There´s s high risk, that Ray and even Emma are blunting emotionally, at least when it comes to demons. (And it would be sad, because then they wouldn´t be better than the demons)
    They shall defend themselves against the demons, which want to harm them and I want them to put an end to this human meat farms and production facilities, but I don´t want them to become cold-hearted killers who don´t distinguish between good and bad demons and just kill everything that crosses their way. They´ve learnt that there are good demons out there like Musica. (Sung-Joo isn´t as nice as I thought he was, after his true intentions were revealed)
    So I hope that all this horror, they are living through doesn´t change them totally and blunts them, because I like their good hearted nature and their wish to protect everyone, even those they´ve just met. Because that should be their main purpose to protect life and hold it dear and to stay together and to fight for a peaceful future for them all.

11. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    Now that you mention it. I kind of understand your point. Reading weekly there is a span of days that ypu dont read and it makes the amount of action feel more suspensful. Reading it behind eachother gives it a more action feel.

Compared to the rest of the manga Goldy Pond is more action oriented. The manga is going to keep going that route. In the beginning the kids had no weapons or any means of fighting back. Now they do, which changes the manga to a "which tactic to use" manga.

Mephistopheles, Blue Rose and Raycont like this.
  12. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    Hype!!! That's how you done chapter after taking out a villain like Leuvis!

Nameless will remain nameless until Emma heals up some from her injuries. I imagine she will be unconscious for a period to time (maybe 3 weeks?).

I was truly awed at how they went about wrapping things up. I originally thought Lucas would oblige Oliver's request but this is quite satisfying.

They may he taking the easier route but Ray and Lucas have a dangerous road back with all those kids. While nameless will likely get some flack from Gilda seeing as how Ray isnt witn them and Emma will be on the verge of death when they reach the shelter. Remember the kids at the shelter do not yet know about his growth and development.

Goldie Pond is really Goldie Pond now. I like how this arc was concluded as going back to this place would hold up story advancement.

The best part of the chapter for me:
    "as their dispair sinks, the world changes."
    I've been thinking about this for a while, what will the ramifications of rebellion be Leuvis and the others were 9bviously noble Demons but Bayon was in charge of multiple plantations. It seems Demons don't die naturally so there is not doubt in my mind that the Demons will realize something is amiss. Somedemon will have to be promoted to replace Bayon will we see that? Will Wiiliam's brother spill the beans on Goldie Pond? Will this make Ray and Lucas' three week trip back even more dangetous? So many questions!! XD

Minerva said there were others who support his cause even if he is dead so I'm curious to see if they somehow hear of this incident and begin to mobilize?

13. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Those are some interesting and potentially relevant points but it's not what I meant.

What I meant is that we (exaggeration incoming) went from "oh shit what is this thing? run!" to "fuck that noob lol" when it comes to regular Demons. We now have fodder tier Demons. And it is what I suspected and feared would happen in this story after some time.

The manga went from horror to action with monsters. And it's still very fun to read but the reason I liked this manga so much was that it was not this.^^

I agree, I think the manga will continue this route and the stakes will only get higher and higher. My problem with this is simply that if I am right, then no one will ever die here. And as long as I have this thought stuck in my mind I can't suspend my disbelief enough to get fully invested.

I hope it is clear that I do not dislike the manga.^^

14. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I get your point, but there is something that saves the situation for me. If they are to advance they have to be able to at least take on the fodders - without it we'll have to watch them going through the same problems all over again. And in exchange we get to know more and more powerful demons who are the real threat from now on. It ups the game.

I like the name :rofl: Juan :pompus:

Riiiiiight?! Right?! I'm also so much hyped for the possible reactons to this outcome! And also it could be a way to let Norman know about it since the news can get easily to Lambda! And maybe we'll see the demons from the table that was shown at the beginning again? MaYBe EveN GRACEFIELD! :catblush::catblush::catblush::catblush::catblush: <Hype overload>

15. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I don't think that is a saving at all.
    The fact that there are fodder tier Demons to them that they can easily kill is already my problem.^^

Upping the game, making Demons crazier and have the manga be more action than horror was never what I wanted this to become.

Edit: What I mean is that initially this looked like it is a proper horror story where the opponent is so overwhelming that all you can do is hope to survive by using all the tricks in the book. What it is now is more akin to the usual monster/alien flicks you get in movies.

Again, not bad. But not what I hoped for.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  16. novaselinenever

novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    They aren't fodder though. They may be fodder to the likes of Lewis, but to the humans they're still dangerous demons. It's not like Ray came in blitzed him and poked him in the eye with his finger while drinking juice. It's just that they're normal (not as smart) and can be shot easily (lack of protection the noble demons have).

If we were to believe that the Human race used to hunt Demons a 1000 years ago and forced them into a mutual pact, there has to be normal demons that can be shot easily and don't require the planning that more prominent Demons do.
    I don't think Demons can be much more crazier than the likes of Lewis or Sonju. Their history tie back to before the promise, and they seem to be at the top of demon food-chain. Maybe the Demon Boss, and his entourage could top them but that should be it.

Kuma_Rockz and LogicoftheVI like this.
  17. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    They are fodder to me if they are taken out one panel after they appeared with one shot.

Sure there are different levels of Demons, just as there are different levels of humans. But we have Demons that get one-shotted easily by children here. Which is fine in an action story, but not fine if what you wanted is a true horror story.

This is a Shounen and we got introduced to different tiers of demons already. As you said, there are other demons in the story like the ones that were sitting around that big table and that one demon whose name is always spelled in the demon language. And I am sure there will be new strong ass Demons introduced whenever a new arc starts. Before Goldy Pond started we didn't know about Lewis so it makes sense that we don't know about other Demons on his level either. I expect every major arc villain to be around Lewis' level of threat. He can be weaker but only if there are less people fighting him. But we'll see.

Edit: And what I said was just in response to upping the game. We already went from getting rekt by Krone and Isabell to fighting a bullet sponge like Lewis. I don't think there is an indication right now that the stakes would get lowered.

Mephistopheles likes this.
  18. novaselinenever

novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    They were one-shotting demons on their way to Goldy Pond too. It's nothing new since they know their weakness.

I'd have to disagree on it being understandable only in an action story. You can have a horror story with zombies that get one-shotted too. "One-shotting" low threats and Horror aren't exclusive.

However, I do agree with you that it takes away a bit of the charm. Early on, the mere sight or mention of demons was scary and intriguing. Now, it's nothing but I think this is necessary in order to explore the past of the two Worlds.
    These are my thoughts, and hopefully it stays like this. There really shouldn't be a single Demon who puts Lewis to shame. Around his level should be fine. I don't think I can take much stronger than him.

19. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    @Raycont Sung-ju and Leuvis were both looking for humans who can pose a challenge. they have both been show to be top tier demons. It would be silly for them continue struggling with weaker demons knowing they just killed the likes of Bayon and Leuvis (Demons who enjoyed and survived the hunt 1000's of years ago). For one arc I'm fine with this if it becomes the norm we can talk more but there is still deep intrudge and horror aspects.

What are your thoughts on aftermath and fallout?

Blue Rose, Mephistopheles and Raycont like this.
  20. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    Oh I see, I´m sorry that I misinterpreted you. This is true, this change of mind escalated quickly. lol
    Well it can´t be helped, I just hope they are not starting to take the demons too lightly and become too careless after this great victory. I understand that they are all hyped as fuck after this victory, but the elder ones, should calm everyone down and remind them, that just because they killed some demons, that it won´t be easy from now on. But if Lewis is just the beginning, and if there are demons as strong as him or even stronger, I wonder how they would be. Especially, if they are young, at their peak of physical and mental strength. :wideeyes:
    And who knows, what else they are rearing at Lampda.

LogicoftheVI and Raycont like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice