Manga Chapter The Promised Neverland - Chapter 129: Something I should carry

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Arara, Mar 29, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter:

1. Blew My Mind

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Great

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arara

Arara Bhinneka Tunggal Ika Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

The Promised Neverland - Chapter 129
    Title:
    Something I should carry

Read The Chapter Online
    Jaimini'sBox (ONLINE)

2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Norman really went to the dark side :wideeyes: I thought this one great demon was already a bit of an overkill but then rest of the room was revealed and I was like

[​IMG]

So Norman is doing exactly the same things to demons they did to cattle children. Kinda poetic, but I'm sure Norman is aware of the fact how bad it looks for him. What if Emma saw this...

I'm a bit afraid that he will try to stop Emma and Ray from going by force, though that might be a bit too much even from him.

So the super4 are sick and have a time limit on their life. That makes the fact that they devote to one goal kinda understable.

That last panel of Norman is lit :firedup::firedup:

3. Deleted member 1997

Deleted member 1997 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Norman is willing to give up his own humanity to save his family/friends. He knows what he's doing is fuckep up, that's why he wants to do this alone by himself, and doesn't want Ray and Emma to get their hands dirty. I like the development and it adds depth to his character. He's one of the best fictional characters I have seen/read.

10000000/10 chapter.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2019
  4. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    Emma dont know their pain because she nit under same situation, she live under warm house, n when escape directly meet Musica,,
    Meanwhile Notma n his new friend tasted demon cruel.
    Not to say we have demon like Musica friend (forgit he name), he just want hunt free human, so it more worst n just like Norman thought can be.
    So i on Norman side.

5. Surgeon of Death

Surgeon of Death

Bounty Points:
    Emma, you make me angry... I'm on Norman's side too.

6. Deleted member 1997

Deleted member 1997 Guest

Bounty Points:
    I'm on all their sides. I'm just praying and hoping everyone is happy and okay in the end.

7. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    Im on Team Norman too!
    But damn.. The hypocrisy is strong.

8. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Well

#TeamEmma

"If you murder a murderer, the number of murderers remains the same"

I know there is like 1000 answers to this quote, but I mean it in a way - There is no way to build happiness on so much blood. Norman may think his actions only taint him but in the end the entire world will just reverse sides instead of fixing the problem.

There is no way to wipe out all the demons since they can be even basic organisms. One day demons will grow in power again and the circle of hate will continue.

Only Emma's plan can bring true peace

9. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    But even if Emma plan succed, how will they stop the few demons that want to eat humans? Therefore not true peace if there are still bad demons out there waiting for opportunites to snatch easy prey.

10. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    That depends on how strong is the promise Emma can make. She herself knows Norman will execute Noble family if she doesn't find solution to this and understands it, so am I. So in this case Norman's plan can in some part come true. But if Emma manages to change everything, she might win this 100 %.

So while being on Emma's side, I take, just as her, that some things may go wrong, but there is hope for victory.

11. Monkey D. Harambe

Monkey D. Harambe

Bounty Points:
    Norman became a badass boy after all those thing which is understandable, it's a glimpse of hell itself anyway. Team Norman all the way.

Although a part of me don't want to see Musica die, but that bastard Sonju is beside him so... I am confused af. Just being realistic is all. And Emma's plan sounds like a pipe dream to me even before Norman told her so.

12. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    The divide has begun!

We finally really see what Norman has become. And the lengths they went to.

I disagree with Norman's view that his sacrifice is what nade the original escape a succes. They each played their part and he (as many of us) forgot that Ray's work while they were still in bliss had as much or maybe even more an influence on their succes.

I am actually hoping Ray is the one who eventually comes with the best solution. He is literally the one stuck in the middle.

That last panel is insane. I am not sure if it is meant figuratively or if that is the result of experimentation done on him

13. KING EXPLOSION MURDER

KING EXPLOSION MURDER Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Emma is very naive. And eventually that will bite her in the ass.

Surgeon of Death and Arara like this.
  14. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    The ends justify the means

The ends: Saving the likes of Emma, Ray, Barbara and Cislo from a fate of being eaten by demons

The means: Experimenting on demons to collect data about them in a short time-span. and wiping them out by having them fight amongst themselves

The staircase and dark background can also be interpreted as symbolic of the path Norman decided to take in which he knows that it isn't the most moral or maybe even the one he personally wanted to take but the one with the best chance of securing a future of his friends in terms of how quick it can be enacted

Even if Emma's preferred option has even a slim chance of succeeding, Barbara, Cislo, Vincent and possibly Zazie aren't likely going to see a future in which it is not a necessity for demons to eat humans to maintain their form so along with the suffering they went through under the demons, it really isn't much of wonder why they want to wipe them out.

Assuming that human world isn't fighting wars amongst themselves, the reason would be that the demons are a common threat to them all along with the implication that is controlled by the Ratri Clan who can use their association with the Royal and Five Regent Houses as a way to ward off rival factions and keep the population in check.

DuttyAsmodeus, Blue Rose and Arara like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice