Manga Chapter The Promised Neverland - Chapter 127: Confrontation

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Arara, Mar 15, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter:

1. Blew My Mind

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Great

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arara

Arara Bhinneka Tunggal Ika Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

The Promised Neverland - Chapter 127
    Title:
    Confrontation

Read The Chapter Online
    Jaimini'sBox (ONLINE)

2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    This chapter has shown the pros of every option, but I think Emma's idea has the upper hand in this situation, in a way. Emma finally has means to change the world, and it can possibly be closer than we thought - the neckale. What if this contains her blood? I know it's a small amount, but there is the mystical part that is on Emma's side. What if there is a way to change the world with just this much of her blood? In this world there is certain type of magic and Emma only has to follow it.

I'm glad we got a reveal of reasons why promise was forged - it was all calculated.

Norman said that it won't change anything anyway because demos will still try to eat them, but I wonder about it - what if there was an answer for that too? Compared to Norman's plan that is already in it's full capacity and has to be perfectly executed, Emma's plan has almost infinite room for growth.

We've finally got the conflict to erupt. I wonder what will happen now. My dream outcome would be Ray and Emma going on their own mission to reforge promise, while Norman continues to pursue his goal. It would solve a problem of a giant group being dragged everywhere and constantly being a dead-weight.

3. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    This is interesting, so the noble demons don´t eat human meat because they have to, but because they want to. And they extinguished the demons who were saved by Musica, because they feared that they might let other humans know, that they have a choice. They don´t want to loose control over the other demons. It is always the same, as soon as someone has power he/she abuses this power.
    I can understand Norman´s point, that even if the demons had the choice whether or not to eat human meat, that there´s no guarantee that the demons wouldn´t eat it anyway. Just take a look at our society, we have the choice but most people still prefer to eat meat, because they want to.
    Even Sunjoo himself admitted it, that he wants the kids to live and walk around freely so he can go hunt them. He enjoys hunting his prey, just like Lewis did.
    So for Norman it´s too risky to let them live, even if Emma holds the key to a peaceful solution in her hands.
    I´m very curious now, if they split up and everyone follows their own plan or if each group still tries to convince the other group to follow them.
    I guess it takes some shocking events, to make Norman realize that his plan, is not as good as he thinks it is.

4. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I think Norman won't realise any mistakes in his plan - he seems to be completelly convinced he thought of everything. I think the moment everything goes to hell for some unforseen reason, he'll me like "oh fuk".

But aside from that.
    I think Emma is right from the plot point of view.
    We assume automatically that Norman has a lot more information than her and thus his plan is better.
    But Emma follows the will of someone who understands this world far more than him.
    And it's Musica who is hunderts years old.
    Remember whan Sung-Joo said he'll be able to eat humas againg once they become strong and have children on their own? Musica said the route Emma and the group will take won't lead to this outcome. So Musica's plan crosses out the possibility of demons eating humans after the plan is completed - even if Emma is still unaware of that. I bet Musica's plan is in essence a lot better than Norman's even though he is a genius - expeirence takes the cake.

5. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    u know, long time ago i hear a rumors, some scientist can create perfect new energy beside oil, n work as good as oil, but he he killed by "oil king", (even though now we found lo alternative way of energy), but sure its more or less same case :hides: for money control.

Mephistopheles, Blue Rose and Arara like this.
  6. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    I´m sorry for the late answer, I went on a Little Weekend trip and I just returned.
    I´m sure things won´t turn out, the way Norman expected, so they better have a plan B like Emma has.
    What surprises me is how calm and quiet Ray is, he is not even trying to convince Norman to Change his plans.
    Is he torn and doesn´t know which plan he should agree too? Or is he agreeing with Norman, although he knows how dangerous his plans are and despite the fact that Emma is struggling with killing the demons?
    Ray should know, that Emma´s emotional speech to Norman won´t reach their friend, despite Norman´s feelings for Emma (he became quite touchy, first he touched her face when they reunited, and now he was holding her hand with both hands) they have to reason with him and come up with plausible reasons why his plan might not work. But he stays quiet, I guess he doesn´t have any better plans how to get themselves out of this misery.
    I´m sure Musica wouldn´t break the new promise, but I´m not sure, if Sungjoo or any other demon would follow the promise as well.
    Musica is hundreds of years old and I wonder if she is the little baby we saw in the temple.

Hi Shin Unit, Blue Rose and Arara like this.
  7. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I think no matter what Ray will say to Norman in the next chapters or waht his offical answer will be, he will totally follow Emma even to hell xD Somehow I'm sure of that.

Great you've mentioned the temple! In the light of new information, we may find new clues there :D

8. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    Emma finally speaks her mind.

The conflict between the Lockean and Hobbesian views of human nature with Emma being representative of the former perspective and Norman being representative of the latter perspective in this chapter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice