Manga Chapter The Promised Neverland - Chapter 125: Liar's Alliance

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Chris Mic, Mar 1, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Chapter

1. Blew My Mind

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Great

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

The Promised Neverland - Chapter 125
    Title: Liar's Alliance

Read The Chapter Online
    Jaimini's Box (ONLINE)

2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I really like this development. We've got a lot of world-building this chapter and again got to see Demons acting kinda civilised. The alliance is odd - I wonder how Norman is planning to win in this situation. After all this is one (?) demon family against five grat families and royal family. Numbers don't really make sense.

It also intrigues me that there is nothing matching between Norman and Emma plans - I mean, those are completelly different ideas - but there seems to be not even one common thing invovled. Norman doesn't seem to know or recognise the promise, the seven walls or anything.
    It looks as if Norman's plan doesn't take any mythical involvment into consideration, wheras Emma's plan is solely based on it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  3. Deleted member 1997

Deleted member 1997 Guest

Bounty Points:
    All the 4d chess moves and the mind games. I fricking loved it.

How is Emma going to find a peaceful solution to this fucking war between Demons and humans?

Amazing chapter

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
  4. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    Even though it is a ruse Norman's plan feels dangerously reminicent of the Promise made betwee the Ratari clan and the Demons 1000 years ago? He frees the cattle children but leaves the Ratari clan to be the new cattle. Mind blow. Emma will not go for this but how is she going to change his mind amd will she even be able to? The owl with Norman in the final panel is an ominous sign in my opinion considering we know it is a tool of the Ratari family. Amazing chapter!!!

5. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Yeah! The Owl really surprised me too! After all it may indicate that Norman had more encounters with Ratri family, aside of that back in GraceField. I wonder how much does he know about them...

Btw am I the only one who can't keep up with Norman's appearance changes? One panel he look like 13, then swap and we have 20yo Norman and then we just go to a 16. Everyone and everything else makes sense, but Posuka really is confused about Norman.

6. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    Very interesting chapter!
    Norman definitely has not the same information Emma and the others have, so I´m very intrigued, how he reacts, once Emma tells him about the Seven Walls and about the temple they found and their encounter with Musicaa and Sung-Yoo.
    But even if he finds out, I´m not sure, he would change plans, he seems to self-confident about the success of his plan, that he doesn´t consider the possibility that his plan might fail and that´s a dangerous thing, that could break his neck as well as the others.
    The owl is interesting indeed and is a hint, that he might be in contact witht the Ratri clan and that he formed an alliance with them as well, to destroy the demons, it would fit to his character, who always holds a trump card in his hands just for the case, that something might get in their way and destroy his plans. Nevertheless I have a bad feelling about his self-confidence. pride comes before a fall.

LogicoftheVI, Blue Rose and Arara like this.
  7. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    I can't see Norman having a pact/agreement/alliance with Ratari given the fact they just tried to kill all the escapees at B06-32. Also Norman destroying factories and causing problems in the current system is something Ratari would not allow. He has no intentios of changing the system eveidenced by the betrayal of William Minerva.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  8. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    You are making good points, but still I think that Norman would use every oportunity he has to make his plan a success. And forming an alliance with the demons was a high risk as well, so why not forming an alliance with the Ratries as well. The demons may not expect this turn of events. But maybe I´m overestimating Norman and he´s not the crazy "emperor" I thought he has become. I spit my beverage as well, when I read the word "emperor". :lmao: (Oh Ray, you are always good for a laugh)
    If I were Norman I would go to the Ratri clan and tell them, that we offered the demons to eat them instead of us and that they can either help to destroy the demons and save their asses or die while trying to stop them and get eaten. I don´t know, how many people the Ratri clan has but it is probably not as much as Norman has at hand. Plus, Norman has his "special ability" kids.
    I hope that Barbara eats human meat as well, so she bite the Ratris heads off Hannibal Lecter style or chew on their limbs.

LogicoftheVI, Blue Rose and Arara like this.
  9. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    But why Ratri clan wouldn't immediatelly catch Norman of kill him if he is the one causing trouble and possibly destroing them? What would they have to gain form helping him?

10. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    They would certainly kill them if they knew where they are (maybe they already know and wait for the right moment to attack Norman
    ´s demon hideout), but as well as the demons, the Ratri clan could just pretend they form an alliance with them, to get closer to the children and to find out where they are hiding and how many they are actually and then find a way to eliminate all of the children. Norman doesn´t need to neccesarily form an alliance with the leader of the Ratri clan he could be working with a subordinate, someone who enjoys the leaders trust and has some power, who is tired of this whole system and wants to put an end to it. There were several traitors among the Ratri clan in the past, one even helped Norman to escape, before he died.
    Normans strategy seems to be keep his enemies as close as possible, so he can dispose of their power and at the same time play one party off against the others and see what they do to get an overview.
    It is just my personal opinion and it is certainly risky, but it is always better to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer to you.
    Nevertheless it is just mere speculation and I have no proof, but I was jsut thinking what Norman could do and why he is forming an alliance.
    We´ll see if he wins or overstimates the situation.
    As I said, his self-confidence is his Achilles heel IMO. It is wiser, to be more cautious and aware.

11. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    Norman is playing a dangerous game but he already knows that and already like has some contingencies in case things don't go as intended.

So the Ratri Clan has what is pretty much cloning technology. Perhaps Andrew and his men were clones and it would certainly make sense for Peter Ratri to use clone soldiers who don't have certain emotions ingrained into them as opposed to human soldiers who are not as easy to manipulate as they aren't programmed (unless they have been raised and conditioned from a very young age to serve the Ratri Clan).

I wonder what the specific reason for Geelan Clan's banishment is; probably something related to the promise.

I'm assuming that Bayon was a member of one of the Five Regent Houses, if not, he was most certainly associated with them and the Royal Family.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice