Manga Chapter The Promised Neverland - Chapter 120: Formless Monsters

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Arara, Jan 25, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter!

1. Blew My Mind

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Great

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Average

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arara

Arara Bhinneka Tunggal Ika Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

The Promised Neverland - Chapter 120
    Title:
    Formless Monsters

Read The Chapter Online
    Jaimini'sBox (ONLINE)

Nitwit, LogicoftheVI, Ranjit and 3 others like this.
  2. novaselinenever

novaselinenever Best Dad!

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

> After reading this chapter

[​IMG]

Really looking forward to seeing what the explanation will be 'cause something fishy is going on there lol. Emma's expression on the last page is probably setting her up disagreeing with Norman's plan :pepeangry:

She's too kind :pepehands:

3. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    More questions than answers :rofl:

What are Musica and Sung-joo then, they definitely didn't eat humans for the last 6 months when we saw them.

What motherf.... demon did eat a DRAGON?!

Do demons get also the abilities of what they eat? Fe. Someone knows how to use a sword - would they know it too? As far as this chapter goes, it seems to be the case. So why not develop kids further than just 12 and make them develop own abilities? Though with the shortage of food, it might be time issue.

What was the demon Emma saw in a vision? If demos are simply an effect of mutation, then what are those mystical kinds of demons?

I don't know what to assume with Emma's last expression. After all Posuka shouldn't be trusted after that Norman thing. However it seems that Emma's way of making new promise, all the preparations for this some ritual, are a completely different idea than what Norman wants to do.

I finally have a good reason to reread most of this series because I feel like Norman doesn't have all the information.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    actually Musica is the most human look like(atleast around her mouth), maybe she is the experiment to combine human n demon, so demon no need to eat human anymore to saty in shape.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 25, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 25, 2019 ---
    or just some plot hole...

5. Deleted member 1997

Deleted member 1997 Guest

Bounty Points:
    And Norman looked kinda evil in the last page. Yeah, something's fishy here. Tho, I wonder who's Ray going to side on...

Maybe they hunt and eat intelligent demons.. it's like cannibalism of some sort.

Also, magic exists in this series.. so everything's possible.

6. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Depending of how good is Emma's plan Ray can choose either of them - of course if there is indeed a need to choose. Ray would always follow the most optimal option.

The thing about Norman's plan is that he doesn't consider magic at all in his plan - I think that may be a big problem.

7. novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    I don't think it's a plot hole. Far from it. I'm sure there is an explanation, it just adds to their mystery especially Musica with how Sonju highlighted "reason to eat them" and her not eating even wild humans.
    Yeah, he's unaware of the seven walls stuff and the visions. He's looking at it from a scientific PoV. He's in for a rude awakening 'cause those weird visions are fishy, and the King with the weird name ain't no scrub lol
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 25, 2019 ---
    The explanation of the Demons origin was giving me some Parasyte vibes :chrisdog:

8. Skull

Skull

Bounty Points:
    it's kinda obvious. For some reason, Norman expression become evil.

It is still not clear how exactly demons come in the world. I think Norman only know a part of the whole story. If demons cannot maintain its shape without eating humans, how come there are demons who can survive in their human-like forms without eating humans?

9. cryhwks

cryhwks

Bounty Points:
    A little anxious because what seems like is about to happen is exactly what I was afraid would happen . I don't want Norman to become the Villain, he's hands down my favorite character. Of course Emma will disagree with Norman's plan, just hopefully the decision of what happens next will be solved reasonably instead of Norman getting angry.

10. baditz

baditz

Bounty Points:
    It will be "team 7" all over again:chrisdog:
    with Ema have promise with Musica sure think become twist.
    This gonna be long "last arc" it seem.

11. novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    Don't put that evil on me :pepeangry:

:pepehands:

12. kom5

kom5

Bounty Points:
    Wow nice revelations and the way they explain the evolution of those monsters till they will eat Humans

They need to eat to keep shaping amazing its gonna become a fight of the survival eat or be eaten amazing turn

LogicoftheVI, Blue Rose and Arara like this.
  13. NoxDRaz

NoxDRaz

Bounty Points:
  14. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    Nice chapter.
    Was not really surprised about the demons gaining human like traits as this was one of the early theories in the forum.

Disagreement with Emma and Norman incoming. Don't think Ray is going to go along witj Norman's plan as he was also saved by Musica and Sung Joo. Not to mention that they actually visited Demon towns and seen their civilisation.

Norman has only been locked up and attacling farms. So his view of the demons is limited

15. Gearfouuuurtho

Gearfouuuurtho

Bounty Points:
    So i was right forever ago when i said demons likely gain traits from what they eat.

Not really surprising. Im sure im not the only one who saw that coming.

I expect the series to pick up pace abit moving forward.. Im excited to see what happens next as Norman plans on totally decimating the demons which is badass asf

16. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    I'm sure Norman spent a lot of time weighing the pros and cons of the possible solutions so I'm interested in what his other options were and why he came to his current solution. And I imagine he is aware of the repercussions of what he intends to and is willing to suffer the consequences for what he has concluded is the greater good/the least negative option.

Norman might be aware of heathens through rumours but it is unlikely that he has actually met one, otherwise he would've made adjustments to his current solution.

The nobody dies option is not viable and whilst genocide of any kind is dubious, one can make a good argument that it is preferable to having humans and demons fight a war against each other for several or more years. So it isn't enough to oppose a solution if one doesn't have an alternative. And the person who would be expected to come up with an alternative solution would most certainly be Emma.

Whilst his solution can be seen as revenge, it can also be seen as a matter of necessity due to having less considerable risks (as concluded by Norman) than all the other available options that he assessed.

Whilst it isn't necessary surprising that demons have a civilisation and society, the demon market in 102 provides some good context in the similarities between human and demon society (aside from all the human meat of course), especially with the two brothers and it is unlikely that Norman made some arrangements to spare some demons.

One possible alternative solution to genocide is altering the genetic makeup of the demons, but even that is morally dubious and would be even more difficult to act than Norman's solution.

In a world where survival isn't guaranteed, it isn't good to be completely pious about morals and ethics, but that at the same time, a person who knows what it is like to be treated as cattle would theoretically be more appreciative of life.

LogicoftheVI and Arara like this.
  17. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    I'm curious to see if Norman knows about being able to forge a new promise? If so then it makes his plan even crazier imo. Also if he doesn't know how will he respond to this new information? I feel that she doesn't like his answer and i feel it is due to the relationship with Musica.

How does musica have intelligence? Maybe Norman lied about something? Maybe she is a cannibal demon? Maybe she's related to @%#& which somehow gives then a humanoid form? Idk so many more questions.

Overall i really liked this chapter i like the history but it still seems we are missing something.

TMWRS likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice