Manga Chapter The Promised Neverland - Chapter 119: Unexpected Meeting

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Arara, Jan 18, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter!

1. Blew My Mind

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. Great

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arara

Arara Bhinneka Tunggal Ika Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

The Promised Neverland - Chapter 119
    Title:
    Unexpected Meeting

Read The Chapter Online
    Jaimini'sBox (ONLINE)

2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    I don't understand.

Srsl last chapter was just Posuka not knowing how a 13-year old looks like?
    But damn Norman is high!

Ray reaction was adorkable :<3: But that shot of Emma falling into Norman's arms was the most gorgeous thing ever.

We are about to learn the truth about the demons! Finally! All the questions we had shall be answered soon! :catblush:
    Why do they eat humans? What are they really? What should we really call them? Is there some kind of particular origin to them? I want to know so much!

And I feel the return to Grace Filed is getting near :catded:

I can't contain all those feelings! :catsalute:

3. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    The fated meeting...

We've come so far, guys. It really feels so climactic... I am ready for everything.

4. Deleted member 1997

Deleted member 1997 Guest

Bounty Points:
    The reunion was touching and sweet.

I'm relieved my baby boy Phil is alive and okay. I was worried.

Last page was a tease at its finest. I can't wait for the next one.

5. Endeavor

Endeavor

Bounty Points:
    Finally we will know about the secret behind the demons existence & why they have to eat humans, can't wait for the next chapter.

Also the reunion was heart melting :<3:

6. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    But now that we are approaching the closure on the matter of what demons are, we can share our final thoughts on it. So from what Norman has said we know they "must" eat humans. So I've thought about the wild demons who most likely have never, or not in many years, tasted human meat. Yet they are alive, which menas the "must" does not refer to survival. So then the conclusion would be that they need to eat humans in order to maintain thier sanity and ability to think.
    BUT there are exceptions that contradict this conclusion - Musica and Sung-Joo. Their faith forbids them from eating non-free humans and it means they haven't eaten human meat since the promise cama to be. And Musica on top of that seems to not really carve human meat. So are they in some way special or there is another reason?

What are your thoughts guys?

7. Deleted member 1997

Deleted member 1997 Guest

Bounty Points:
    You've brought some good points.

My guess would be that eating humans and their brains make them more stronger and smarter? But it couldn't be this simple, there's probably more to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
    LogicoftheVI, Arara, TMWRS and 3 others like this.
  8. Endeavor

Endeavor

Bounty Points:
    I was thinking maybe they need it to keep evolving from wild monsters to higher class demons so they can think and all but I don't know if they need to eat humans every or so, the exception you mentioned is also a problem for my idea.

LogicoftheVI, Arara, TMWRS and 3 others like this.
  9. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    *sobs* This… was… so…beautiful… *sobs*

I´m an emotional mess right now, so I´m glad that I just can write down my feelings instead of having to speak, because I can´t speak because of this huge lump I have in my throat.

Although I was expecting an emotional chapter, I wasn´t prepared at all for this.

OMG Norman´s look when he said „Emma“ was so heartbreaking and yet beautiful! (Demizu and Shirai, do you mean to kill us? :catcry: )

Norman was so eager to pull Emma into his arms, that he couldn´t wait for her to come to him, so he ran towards her and even bowed his legs, so she could throw herself into his arms :<3: (I´m sure his heart went all „Doki, doki“ when he finally felt her heart beating against his chest again) Even my heart was pounding uncontrollably at this sight.

It was cute to see Emma tearing at Norman´s face to make sure, that it was really him, because she couldn´t believe to see what she was seeing and to see Norman stroking her face gently with his hand. (I guess his feelings for her haven´t faded over all these years)

I was anxious, when they showed the reactions oft he rest, but not Ray´s. (For a moment I thought, he was just checking out the hideout, for any proves of his doubts, or that he didn´t want to see Norman because he was mad with him) But when I saw his upper body, I was like „Oh, here we go…“ and prepared myself for what was coming.

It is no surprise for me, that Ray slapped him, I can understand that he has been really mad with Norman, for not letting them know that he´s alive. I swear when Norman was laying on that floor smiling, he looked like the eleven year old Norman, who used to laugh about his friend´s antics.

Of course he saw through Ray and knew, that this emotional outburst, was just his way to deal with this shocking news and that it proved to him, how much he means to Ray.

And then the moment I was fearing the most came, because I knew what it would do to my heart. (I can´t see my boy Ray crying, it tears my heart into pieces :catcry:)

I was so hoping to see them all hugging each other, so when Ray wrapped his arms around his friends and cried, I got these „Good Bye Norman“- flashback vibes, when Norman pulled them into an goodbye embrace before he was send away and I almost drowned in my own tears. I cried so hard, when even Ray´s voice started to shake, when he warned Norman to never die again and even called him „Dumb Norman“, and Norman replied, „Ok got it, stupid Ray“ (The bromance is killing me, I swear, Shirai and Demizu, you will be my death)

The information from Norman so far is interesting, but I still can´t shake off this feeling, that there´s something fishy going on.

And the icing on the cake were Norman´s strange hints about the demons who MUST eat children. I wonder what that means? Is there something in their bodies, something that only children produce, that the demons need to survive? Are they their youth fountain in order to become that old? Do demon cells age faster, so that´s why they eat children, whose cells age much slower? Or do they need certain proteins? It´s that why they prefer highly developed brains, because they contain something that the demons need to stop their bodies from decaying so fast? (Like the shark brains in the „Deep Blue Sea“ movie?)

All in all a very, very good chapter, which gave me everything I ever wanted.

Thank you, Shirai and Demizu! The wait was worth it! I can´t wait fort he next chapter!

*Wipe tears away*

Now if you excuse me, I´m going to do the dance in underpants and dance on my rooftop to Pharell Williams „Happy“.

10. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    Thank you Smee for providing Norman with the means to free all those children and indirectly helping Emma and her friends.

LogicoftheVI and Arara like this.
  11. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    I wanted to see more of Norman's time at Lambda. At least the reason why Adam was always saying his number. Maybe it will be relevant later on. The reunion was cool but that cliffhanger was the best. I'm very interested in learning the true nature of Demons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice