Manga Chapter The Promised Neverland chapter 109 - Forward

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussions' started by Blue Rose, Oct 30, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate the chapter!

1. MY POOR HEART

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Great

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    The Promised Neverland Chapter 109 - Forward

Read The Chapter Online
    JaiminisBOX (ONLINE)

2. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Bounty Points:
    OMG my heart bleeds and my eyes don´t stop drying, because the tears are still running down my face. I just can´t. It hurts so much! ;(
    My two precious daddies are gone and left a deep wound in my chest, that will probably never heal.
    Why, why? Wasn´t the two no names enough? Who is going to protect my Boy Ray and Emma from now on?
    I still can´t believe it. I mean, even though it was already teased when Yuugo and the kids say goodbye I refused to believe it, but the worst case seems to have occurred.
    It's a bittersweet ending, because on the one hand it's sad that Yuugo and Lucas died, on the other they are now reunited with their friends. Still, I would have wished for Yuugo to fulfill his dreams and to return to the human world and see how Emma and the others grow up. It is tragic that just when he reached the lowest point of his life, he suddenly regains his vitality and will to live ( and probably a joy of life?) When Emma and the others show up, only to die and to accomplish what he once failed to do: to save those who mean something to him. I already had tears in my eyes when Yuugo appeared in Emma´s dream and said goodbye to her, encouraging her to move on and not to struggle with her decisions. But when I saw that flashback, of Yuugo standing in front of an empty table and imagining how much life was in this bunker once, I suddenly remembered Brook. How he walked lonely on his ship, while memories of his deceased friends haunted him like a cruel ghost and tears ran down my face. And as if that were not all sad and painful enough, Shirai and Demizu also have to draw Yuugo, who regrets in his last breaths, dying now and that he won´t be able to return to the human world with Emma and the others to live happily ever after. I´m so mad, that I want to destroy something! He wanted to live, he was near to kill himself, but then he found a reason to live, to go on, but his wish wasn´t granted and I´m so sad. But a small consolation remains at least for all the pain. That in the end he is happily united with his former friends, his family and that he is finally allowed to hold his beloved Dina in his arms. Please don´t misunderstand me, I also grieve for Lucas, who has been as dear to me as Yuugo.
    But Yuugo's memories and those little glimpses of his last thoughts just before he died made his death all the more tragic, especially as he lived alone for 13 years, alone with his memories of happier times, while at least Lucas had other fellows, at his side who fought with him. I also found it was bittersweet that Yuugo was grateful for the 18 months he was allowed to spend with Emma and the others. Oh, Yuugo and Lucas, I will be missing you so terribly. *Cries uncontrollably in a corner* I will always love you two! You were the best dads the kids could hope for! You deserve an award for the world´s best dads! And now excuse me, I´m going to take a gasoline shower and rub my body against a gigantic match.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  3. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Read this chapter while listening to The Parting Glass (AC4) I dare u.

I was managing until I saw Lucas inviting Yuugo to join their friends, then I broke.
    I didn't realise until now how much Yuugo meant to me (as a character ofc). How long was the road he came how many hardships he's survived...
    When a character finds peace upon seeing death door it's always moving me the most. Lucas also, he was there as this secondary adult but he saw all of this through, he did his work and just went to rest after raising wonderful children.

Aaaaand my dream about Yuugo hitting on Isabella died just like this. Goodbye sweet paradise!

I really like the advice Emma got in a dream. She is the leader of this group and this world won't give her a perfect answer. She'll always have to choose and there always will be a sacrifice, the point here is - do not let others make decisions for you because you're afraid of making a mistake. I really like this message and the way it was conveyed!

Next chapter we enter new arc and I suppose, we'll see someone returning from the past.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  4. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    Please do not let their sacrifice be in vain!!!

Mephistopheles likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice