1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

The Marines Led By Sakazuki Will Perform A Coup And Overthrow World Government

Coup ft. Red Dog & Seagulls

Share This Page

1. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Divvens submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

The Marines Lead By Sakazuki Will Perform A Coup And Overthrow World Government - Coup ft. Rea Dog & Seagulls

Click here to read further...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    FrankyG, Syed, Ranjit and 45 others like this.
  2. Takt

Takt Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    It makes sense that Akainu would use the losses in Marineford and subsequent Global Enlistment as a very simple and yet effective cover for gathering more forces. And more importantly forces that share his ideals. Or at least some of his ideals. Fujitora is a great example of this. Fujitora is like a mixture of Akainu and Aokiji. Similarly we can assume that other admirals (there may be more than 3), vice-admirals or whoever was enlisted would share Akainu's ideals. So all this is building up to an army that is united in ideals and therefore willing to go against the higher authority.

I think if they do try a coup, it'll be a walkover, no? Because what do the Five Elders have to retaliate with? Even if they themselves can fight, as we speculated, they can't be that powerful as to go against an entire military force.

TMWRS, FrankyG, Spider and 11 others like this.
  3. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    I would also like to point out that the rank of Shichibukai since the beginning of the series' timeline, has been a hindrance more than an asset to the marines. The warlords changed more than 5 times within two years. Crocodile, Gecko Moria, Jinbei, Crocodile's replacement "Blackbeard", Blackbeard's replacement "Law", and potentially Donquixote Doflamingo.

The Shichibukai benefit more from the warlord system than the WG!

The pirates who seek to become warlords and do so, simply gain benefits for themselves while BARELY helping the marines in times of need, as shown in the marineford war. Even when they finally managed to gather up the warlords to help them, what did they do? They did what they wanted! Doflamingo watched the war as if it was a cool movie and participated only when HE was in danger, Mihawk "tested" his strength, and "tested" the luck of Luffy and did nothing else. Hancock HELPED Luffy and destroyed so many pacifistas. Moria was there to be annoying, and Kuma is the only legit asset mainly cuz he's a complete human marine weapon now. Even he helped the strawhats and disobeyed orders before he lost his sanity.

The only people who broke a sweat and tried to win the war were the marines and admirals, while the shichibukai were there just to be there.. Jinbei actually managed to HELP WB in the war and was one of the people who kept the son of Dragon alive. Crocodile also helped Luffy and saved Ace. So much for former warlords. Do I even need to talk about what Blackbeard did? The man took so much advantage of the Shichibukai system to the point where he practically spat in their faces while laughing.

And even 2 years after the timeskip, Law and Doflamingo are pretty much OUT of the Shichibukai. This faction that was formed to maintain the balance in the world of one piece is imbalanced itself.

Fujitora noticed that, along with how the Shichibukai system is no longer a significant asset to the marines, and they have become independent pirates who simply take advantage of this title and system. That is more than enough resolve to make not Just Fujitora proceed with this, but the entire marine military.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    TMWRS, FrankyG, daniel205 and 15 others like this.
  4. Cyggdrinj

Cyggdrinj

Bounty Points:
    This.is.awesome. :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Yirica

Yirica

Bounty Points:
    Great thinking there =D

But i have two opinions that differ with your theory. First, Sakazuki doesn't nessessarily have to overthrow the Gorosei because even if they are only 5 until now, we don't know much about them and what is standing behind them. He only would have to wake them up so they see that this whole shichibukai system is destroying itself all the time, because there are betrayers and guys who simply get defeated again and again. Let them destroy themselfes and don't oppose to your boss, you know. =D

And second, i can't see the Revolutionaries, the guys who where only acting in the dark, taking some offensive and open position as a third world power, which, in my opinion, would directly follow if you are claiming the spot of the third great power in a time where the marine wants to get rid of one to strengthen their on position ^^

6. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    You bring up solid points, but I disagree with the first point.
    I've discussed this with @Takt and I will address it here as well,

Fujitora is the main emphasisim with this new plot development. Him getting the support of the five elders would mitigate his influence in this whole scenario, having support from Akainu and the marines eventually is understandable since you can't change something like this so drastically on your own, but with the help of people who support your idea, and comrades as well, it's more plausible. The gorosei sharing the same idea will completely erase his "objective" and his uniqueness being an admiral with an objective would simply fade away, along with his epic panel.

Despite me fully supporting this theory by @Divvens, we as fans are sort of overlooking the fact that this is Fujitora's mindset and objective, and having the influence of the Gorosei will mitigate Fujitora's own influence. Akainu and the boys, yes. The gorosei, I don't see it.

As for the revolutionaries, yeah I see what you mean. But I'm sure if Oda goes this route, he'll know what to do with them green robed rebels :D.

7. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I only say that the Revolutionaries will become a third super power after the Shichibukai fall because they have begun moving, it's high time they come out and become a super power! I mean their leader is one of the worlds most wanted man, I would presume that the Revolutionaries only keep growing stronger and stronger every passing minute.

Once the Marines take over the World Government by a coup, it will be a perfect opportunity for the Revolutionaries to convince more countries to leave the World Government, thus Revolutionaries will conquer more kingdoms and islands and grow more in power (since to protect every kingdom and island under them they will have to keep growing their army).

8. Sengoku

Sengoku

Bounty Points:
    Maaan, this would be awesome! I would love to see what those bastards are hiding...

9. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I know right! The Marines getting all political about it, In Den Den Mushi #7 @Takt brought up an another interesting scenario where Akainu gets involved in politics.

Akainu releases information anonymously to the newspapers regarding Doflamingo, his actions and ill-deeds come to the light and the Five Elders are forced to remove Doflamingo from the Shichibukai position due to the public knowledge of how and what he's doing. After that Fujitora is given permission to arrest Doflamingo!

10. Takt

Takt Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Yes! Akainu playing politics, must happen! :eek:

11. Ukimix

Ukimix

Bounty Points:
    Oda has been writing some stuff that likely foreshadows @Divvens prediction:

First one:
    [​IMG]

Jimbe notifies the Strawhats that under Akainu's command, the marine has become a more powerful force than ever.

Also this page from chapter 712 (and the whole arc of Dressrosa) is a possible foreshadowing:

[​IMG]

The point is that the Marine has been manipulated and disrespected by the World Government. So the tension between both sides increases, and even more, increases with every little detail of the relationship between Doflamingo and Fujitora: Fujitora is the paradigm of the defensor of the innocents, Doflamingo is a celestial dragon (and something more we don't know about him), people who has been known for slavering and killing innocent people for nothing. He also is the biggest provider to the underworld in the new world, something that clearly challenges Akainu's ideal of absolute justice. And on top of those 'dirty secrets' about Doflamingo (happened before the Dressrosa arc), the marine is manipulated to protect such a good boy? The hell, I would pay to witness the conversations betwen Akainu and the Elders.

Now, in terms of the structure of the plot, the whole story should end in a major war involving the big powers (it's shounen). And in terms of physical or material strength or power, not in terms of political power and influence, the celestial dragons are not a big power. Instead, they have two militant wings preserving the status quo: the warlords and the marine. And it's not unusual that when the power of a militant wing increases significatively, coup-d-etat happens. So one is tempted to see a major battle in the end between the marine Akainu (the killer of Ace), the emperor BB (who captures Ace) and Luffy (Ace's bro), and not to have there the celestial dragons involved. From this point of view Divvens prediction could come true.

But also, to me, the major plot talks against the prediction: in the end it should have to be the innocents defeating the World Government royalty and the celestial dragons, by the victory of Luffy over the rival forces. I mean, Luffy's main power is to be able to make friends and allies with easy, and along the plot we have seen how many innocents have been outraged by the WG and the marine and some warlords like Doflamingo. So I guess it would be a perfect end if it's a political end; I mean, if the final war is also a political war or has liberating political consequences. For that, Oda would have to have the celestial dragons as the political leader behind the 'bad guys' in the final war. And that would not happen if the WG is overthrown by Akainu. Like if, it should have to be Luffy who will overthrow the World Government.

For this last reason, my personal guess is that the WG will not be overthrown by the marine; not even if Akainu tries something against them.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    FrankyG, daniel205, shaggy and 7 others like this.
  12. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    @Shirosan nice write up :p

But for what you said at the end:
    What if it wasn't just people, but people along with the Revolutionaries?

@Krasse told me he see's Dragon being against the Five Elders and overthrowing them, since he is the leader of the Revolutionaries. But I think the Revolutionaries aren't going to directly get involved in a "fight" as per say, one of my favorite character Iroh from Avatar: The Legend Of Aang said something in the series along the lines of (paraphrasing it since I don't know if you watched the show or not) "There is 'one' right person to defeat a 'wrong' person, and if the 'wrong' person is defeated by any one else than the 'right' person the war will continue on"

I think Dragon defeating and overthrowing the World Government will only lead to more chaos and lots of people thinking Dragon is power hungry, where as if Akainu overthrows the World Government and leads the WG, Luffy defeats Akainu at the end of series, the World Government falls, to fill in the chaos and bring balance and order around the world the Revolutionaries will take power and start to build up a new form of Government that isn't corrupt and based on Monarchy. I see Dragon not being part of the "war", but a huge part of the "aftermath"

In such a situation it will be by the people, aided by the Revo's, a government built by the people and once again aided by the Revo's.

13. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar The Villain Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I can see Akainu overthrow the WG but the WG wont allow it to happen if you do recall Kong an former FA is an WG Commander in Chief and the Gorosei are likely previous Admirals in some part of history or was the original General Military thing as the original people.

Dragon will likely make the Marines attempt to attack the WG and use that situation to attack the WG or they both attack unknowingly that there both attacking the common foe ... So Dragon will play the art of the fox and become all sly and wait his opportunity when the WG will loose enough power for him to strike.

14. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I hate to be the negative Nancy of the discussion, but hey, you know me! It's what I do :p.

The risk of Akainu trying to make a power move and overthrow the WG at this point is waaaaaaay to high. After the death of Whitebeard the Revolutionaries have now entered the picture. Dozens of Islands that were once under WB's protection have now become under constant attack from pirates. You have Blackbeard becoming a yonko. The Eleven Supernovas are running rampart in the New World trying to make a name for themselves. There's the underground black market with mass weapons being produced. Dozens of Level 6 prisoners from Impel down have escaped. Kaido is building a massive army of artificial Zoan users. The CP-0 has been introduced. Chaos has broken out all over, basically every Marine has been dispatched to try and regain some semblance of order to the world, add the fact that the Marines lost Sengoku, Garp, and Kuzan, there's no way Akainu would be able to pull off overthrowing the WG, while trying to keep everyone else at bay. It'd be a suicide mission, and if he even attempted it the Gorosei would just have him eliminated and replaced with someone else. Remember, these are the same guys who stated they would have Shanks removed from the equation if he overstepped his boundaries.

Another reason I don't see this happening is because I don't believe Akainu has the full support of the entire Navy, not like Sengoku did. Akainu leads the Navy with fear, where as Sengoku was respected. I don't see him as the type of person who can rally the entire Navy to his side, and convince them to overthrow the very foundation of which they all base their morals and principles on.

I'm not saying it is entirely impossible for this to happen, but in my eyes in order for this to take place, the WG would have to fuck up immensely to completely lose support from the entire Navy, which would allow for a swift and quick take-over. Other than that, there's no way Akainu would be able to gather that much manpower to be able to take on the WG, the Pirates, and the Revolutionaries all at the same time, while also protecting all the islands they are sworn to protect.

FrankyG, @@-, daniel205 and 5 others like this.
  15. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    @Celestial D. Dragon
    This is already a non-factor, as stated by Jinbei that even after these loses the Marines have only grown stronger, showing that under Sakazuki's leadership the losses they incurred were insignificant. Also, the territories that were Whitebeard's, majority of them were captured back by Blackbeard and that's how he became a Yonko, so those territories aren't in the major war stage right now, they were right after the Marineford war but now things are far more stable.

The fact that Fujitora wants to bring down the Shichibukai System which is endorsed and controlled by the World Government (Five Elders) is the first hint that Sakazuki and the other Marines aren't afraid of going against the Five Elders, they already are going to ruin the balance after removing the Shichibukai all-together, this coup would be at a later stage.

I think the Five Elders if anything are former nobles/noble families (the top 5) selected to lead from the founding of the World Government. I don't see them as former Admirals or Fleet Admirals, if so Sengoku should have gone even higher :p

FrankyG, daniel205, Juntoci and 2 others like this.
  16. Ukimix

Ukimix

Bounty Points:
    Thanks ... I don't follow you in your question. My point, making it simple, is that One Piece is about how the people of the OP world gets their freedom; and Luffy will be his liberator; that's the main basic or premise of the story. Then, the WG will have to be there in the final moment as the rival to defeat. So, it won't be overthrown by Akainu, that will be Luffy's job. That, for instance, matches the fact that Luffy's main power is to make allies. The revolutionaries could bring Luffy a hand in the final war, but the final blow, the one that leads to the victory will have to be thrown by Luffy.

17. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I mean that in the case of "people" fighting for the freedom and revolting against the World Government, it will be aided by the Revolutionaries (the rebellion), yea, Luffy will fight the battle but after the battle is fought to gain order and balance back Revolutionaries will play a huge role (to bring in a new government, to reform the Marines and such).

So if Akainu is the leader (after overthrowing the five elders with a coup), he will be Luffy's final opponent, after which Luffy would have accomplished everything. We know Luffy isn't interested in ruling anything, he just wants to be free as the Pirate King, so once he defeats Akainu, Dragon and the Revolutionaries will take down the world government systematically along with the help of people and create a new government (or maybe just abolish the idea of "world" government and let countries have their own political system like our world).

So the people will be helped by the Revolutionaries, while the main battle is handled by Luffy. Because if Akainu isn't the leader of the World Government and is just a Fleet Admiral, that means Dragon will overthrow the five elders. But if Dragon overthrows the five elders, won't people think Dragon just is doing this all for getting powerful himself? So it'd be in Dragon's best interest if someone else defeated the World Government and after the WG fell, he brings balance and takes care that there isn't much chaos due to the downfall of WG.

I hope I'm not too confusing :p That's what I meant with what I wrote before.

18. Ukimix

Ukimix

Bounty Points:
    Ok I see what you mean. But there are some implications that are not granted, like the two I marked. In regards to the first one: If Akainu isn't the leader that wouldn't mean necessarily that Dragon will overthrow the elders. Basically the elders and the celestial dragons are behind most of the humiliations suffered by the people; and, to gain the help of Luffy, some humiliated person only has to tell his story to him. So why not Luffy, even if Akainu is not the WG leader? I agree Dragon is trying to overthrown the WG, but he doesn't necessarily have to be successful alone. We don't know much about him to be sure that he will be able to do it alone, (that'd apply also to the second implication I marked). On the contrary, it's likely that the Luffy's help will became the triumph card.

I think, in regard to those points, the plot can advance in many different ways so that practically it's impossible to be sure now about neither of them. That's a sign of a good plot also :)

19. SMILE

SMILE

Bounty Points:
    I really like this theory man, it's well put together, it may fit in many aspects, under the leadership of Akainu you can expect anything...I can see very much something happening along those lines...

A hint maybe that Fujitora noted: ''The Reverie meeting this year will change the world for sure, you like it or not Heavenly Demon''....So something like that might happen actually! Can't wait for that meeting! One Piece politics can be very interesting!

20. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Yea, the Reverie has been hinted from Fishman Island and not made even more important by Fujitora's words, it's going to change a lot and I wonder if the Marines are going to take their first step in making it clear that they are the military power and the World Government needs to be aware of their "might".

Because abolishing the Shichibukai system is already a step against the World Government, and I don't think Akainu will start something that he wouldn't complete.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice