General & Other The man who can turn anyone into an ally - Unbetrayable?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by BigDen, Jul 14, 2018 at 8:55 AM.

Share This Page

?

Do you want someone to betray the Strawhats?

1. Yes, I want a betrayal from an important character

21 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Yes, but a minor character would be fine

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, I definitely don't want that

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. I don't care

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. BigDen

BigDen

Bounty Points:
    In recent months I have realized that there are a lot of theories about possible betrayals. From Vegapunk betraying the WG or the revolutionaries, to Karasu actually being an underling of Kaido, to Hawkins, Drake and Apoo turning on Kaido.
    But I also found a thread in this forum regarding a possible betrayal by Law, and the poll of the thread was pretty clear: 75 percent don't think that he will betray the Strawhats and only 12 percent do.

And that, ladies and gentleman, raises the bigger questions:
    Is it even possible for the Strawhats to get betrayed?
    Is it needed for the story when everyone around them betrays or gets betrayed?
    How would you feel if it never happened to Luffy while he himself benefits from betrayals of others, like Pekoms and Pudding?
    And the most important question, that I'm also asking in my own poll: Do you want the Strawhats to get betrayed?

bluefire12, Cinera and Tiago like this.
  2. Beky

Beky Bon Chan Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Nope becuase most people will remember Luffy-sama and repent their sins. Betrayal doesn't work on Straw Hats which is something that this story needs , i mean how can you be a pirate if you are never betrayed and when are it fixes itself in 5-10 chapters with no mention of it later

Note : Robin , Nami , Sanji didn't betray SH

That's the life of pirates

Actually happy because it would be realistic.

If it makes sense story wise. But just for shock value naah

Cinera, Jo_Ndule and marcjean820 like this.
  3. ashfr

ashfr

Bounty Points:
    Luffy topples the WG, defeats Blackbeard, finds the One Piece and Zoro cuts his head off. Pirate Hunter for life.

The series is pretty heavily based on camaraderie, wouldn't betrayal just not feel thematically relevant? Luffy assisted Law in taking down his lifelong mortal enemy, wouldn't really make any sense for him to betray him.

4. Jo_Ndule

Jo_Ndule

Bounty Points:
    Betraying luffy is ending your life

5. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    I'd like a betrayal, it would add another dimension to One Piece and something we never had before in that sense.

Sadly though, a major betrayal of the Straw Hats seems very unlikely. Luffy just feels who to trust and who not to. The whole nakama thing is too important in OP.

6. RevoFev

RevoFev

Bounty Points:
    It depends on if Oda actually has any plans for the Supernovas, at some point Law has to do his own thing.

7. lokilasher

lokilasher

Bounty Points:
    If it makes sense, I'd love to see a betrayal. Unfortunately the only time I see it happening is with someone who isn't super close to the Strawhats. I don't see it happening with say Law for example because the concept of Nakama is too sacred in One Piece, and it would kind of undermine his backstory and the effect that Luffy beating Doflamingo had on him. I wish a betrayal like that did happen, because it would add a never before seen twist to the story, but it's not going to.

Cinera likes this.
  8. Tiago

Tiago

Bounty Points:
    In a sense, we have seen betrayals before but not that... bad I guess?
    Nami, Sanji, Pudding, and the list goes on.

But I know what you mean, will we see a big betrayal playing a HUGE role in the future? I don't see it happening to be honest.
    Law betraying Luffy is pretty much non sense and whoever speculates that is obviously not paying attention to the story.

The thing is... I want to see it happening but it isn't anything new like you implied in your topic. I think that the NEXT betrayal (if it even happens) might be from a not yet established alliance between Luffy and someone from the Supernovas in this arc. That could happen

9. operatico

operatico

Bounty Points:
    Well we have had betrayals before... Robin in water 7 Nami at end of baratie sanji at beginning of WCI
    I figure if there is another betrayal it will probably be a division commander.

Cinera likes this.
  10. Cinera

Cinera

Bounty Points:
    Messiah D. Luffy needs no Judas. :cigar:

Lance113 and trick_master1 like this.
  11. trick_master1

trick_master1

Bounty Points:
    It'd depend in how it is done. I don't think that could happen with any of the allies SH have at this point, since none of them are with Luffy for "mutual benefit and profit", but for respect, admiration and love for the captain. They all want to make him the Pirate King. I can see someone like Bege, who was a circunstancial ally, being a backstabber. But Bartolomeo, Law, Cavendish, Chinjao? Vivi, Shirahoshi? I don't see it possible.
    They've been betrayed earlier. By Nami. She stole the Going Merry and the money and intended to give it up to Arlong back en East Blue. She came back, but that doesn't mean it was less of a betrayal. And, despite being mostly a gag, Bege put a sign indicating where the Strawhats were escaping in WCI. That could count as a betrayal in a minor sense, even if it was most for comedic than narrative reasons.
    Plus, they have benefit for betrayals to their enemies, but let's take a look at who betrayed who and why. Nami was abused by Arlong, hence the betrayal. Nico Robin was going to ditch and possibly kill Crocodile from the get go. Same as Bege. Viola was with Doflamingo just for survival and hated his guts. Pudding was in love -or whatever she felt, gal is confusing- and Big Mom was crazy and abusive towards her. Jinbe tried to quit the crew before mutiny.
    That is nothing that can happen to the Strawhats, since they are not abusers nor jerkasses nor hated by anyone able to command through respect instead of fear- except Doflamingo. Actually, the only one i could see as a betrayer to Luffy allies would be Bellamy, since his ties with Doflamingo are the same as everybody else has with Luffy.
    Some "Bege-like" character in Wano (or future sagas) can backstab the SH if seen a benefit. Someone change sides or if they fight someone who is capable of ruling through love and respect like Luffy. That are my two picks for the"betrayer-to-Mugiwaras" topic.

P.D.:Sorry for spelling mistakes. English is not my first lenguage.

Cinera likes this.
  12. ashfr

ashfr

Bounty Points:
    I mean - they turned back around though in the end. Never permanent ones.

operatico likes this.
  13. BigDen

BigDen

Bounty Points:
    Well, Doflamingo had his little speech about betrayals after Dressrosa, so I actually wouldn't include anything that happened before that. Of course there was Sanji and Pudding, but I mean betrayal in a way of having bad intentions (Sanji didn't) and from someone who at least in the beginning was an ally, not just acting as one.
    Squard stabbed Whitebeard and probably had a larger bond to him than Law has to Luffy. If Oda wants Law to betray Luffy, I'm sure he can do it. But I can already say that we should agree to disagree, because that would be an endless discussion. :D

14. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    pedro the betrayer...he faked hi death and is actually collecting pg for kaidou...ofcourse he already betrayed kaidou too..since his main goal is to make sure get hands on one piece and later use it to humilate roger who refused to take him with him. He will then become the new king after killing Imu ...

15. Tiago

Tiago

Bounty Points:
    Yup sure Oda could do that. But that wouldn't make sense from a storyline standpoint.
    Law's main objective is kinda done to be honest. His background story is done. His main goal is done. And who helped him accomplish those things? Luffy did.

Law will want to repay Luffy now. Can you even imagine something that makes Law wanting to betray Luffy? I can't..
    But yup let's agree to disagree ^

16. Kyro Kakugi

Kyro Kakugi

Bounty Points:
    I think Suleman is the Squardo of the Grandfleet.

vikas likes this.
  17. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    "Mugiwara why did you make Jeet your favourite"

18. Edward Teach

Edward Teach

Bounty Points:
    @Topi Jerami :madmonk:

19. Shanks You

Shanks You

Bounty Points:
    Betrayal is a possible plot line so it's possible. But it has to be done right. Betrayal plots can very easily go wrong.

20. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    I hope Con D Ariano doesnt betray SHs. That will be bad writing especially when he does so much offscreen

Shanks You likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice