Private The Long Night

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by Fire Tiger, Oct 8, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    The Kingdom of Tardanzia was a small island nation that served as a rest stop for many travelers of the Grand Line. The island holds a busy port, a market, a cathedral, the King's castle, a Marine garrison, and a clocktower in the center of town.

Statistics:
    10x5 = 50 Mink Race Bonuses: +4 speed, +4 strength, +1 any
    Strength: 18 + 4 = 22
    Speed: 11 + 4 = 15
    15x2 = 30
    -Reaction: 12
    -Movement: 18
    Vitality: 14
    14x2 = 28
    -Durability: 16
    -Stamina: 12
    Martial Arts: 7 + 1 = 8
    8x2 = 16
    Ittoryu/Nitoryu: 16
    Kilij Taking Action
    "Kilij Speaking"
    [Kilij Thinking]

Kilij Dao Odachi sat on the rooftop of the clocktower in the middle of town with a whetstone sharpening his shamshir sword. The way the setting sun shined on the edge of the blade gave the scene a sinister feel. From this vantage place he had a good view of the entire town. He could see a Marine ship anchored just of shore, he could see the marketplace in the southwest getting ready to close, he could see the Marine garrison next to the eastern gate sending a small squad of marines towards the castle, and he could the castle on the western side of town where a group of armed guards were holding a gagged and blindfolded prisoner. This prisoner was the sole reason Kilij had to be in this town. Even from this distance he could easily recognize the man; Lionel Lupin underworld broker, smuggler, and slaver. For the marines he might be a valuable witness that could unravel a large chunk of the blackmarket, but to Kilij he was the reason he spent his childhood as a gladiator slave. This was his only chance to get revenge for himself and for his teacher, so he wont let anyone stand on his way.

Kilij sheathed his blade, took out the town map from his bag, and traced a route with his fingers. [The city guards will transfer him to the marines in front of the castle. From there the marine squad will have to get him to port and into their ship. Meaning that my only chance will be to ambush them somewhere in between. I already have a trap set here on the clocktower which is the most obvious route, but I'll have to improvise if they take another route. I wonder what way they will go?] He fastened his hidden daggers under his clothes, hid his Tiger Mink features under his scarf and cloak, and got into position to pounce on his unsuspecting prey.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. iNFERNAL

iNFERNAL

Bounty Points:
    The Kingdom of Tardanzia:
    [​IMG]

Infernal
    Ensign
    Level 10

10x5=50
    Strength: 19+2=21
    Speed: 11.5+5=16.5
    -reaction: 19
    -movement: 14
    Vitality: 9+2=11
    -durability: 11
    -stamina: 11
    Martial Arts: 10.5
    -Nittoryu/Ittoryu: 21
    His belly, chest are barenaked but has some sort of sash from his neck to cover little bit of his upper chest. He wears some really light trousers. Left hand is wearing some kind of armor.
    Last Breath - is a sword of great personal importance to Infernal. Trust me, You won't be able to see when he touch it... and next things coming after that.
    Second sword - On his back. No one know his name or shape.
    Ittoryu :
    -Ittoryu Iai: Shishi Sonson (一刀流 「居合」 獅子歌歌 Ittōryū Iai: Shishi Sonson?, literally meaning "One Sword Style Draw and Resheath Technique: Lion's Song"): Placing the sheathed sword upright and listening to the "breath" of his opponent, the attacker rapidly unsheathes, attacks, and resheathes their sword. An interesting note is that the user does the technique back-handed as opposed to from the waist with a standard grip on the sword.(21 Strength, 11 Mastery) Destructive Potency Rank: C
    Nitoryu:
    -Taka Nami (鷹波 Taka Nami?, literally meaning "Hawk Wave"): While airborne, creates a powerful gust of wind to knock opponents over. It can be done while standing on the ground. The user says this attack is very useful against a group of weak enemies.(21 Mastery, 21 Strength)
    -Sai Kuru (犀回 Sai Kuru?, literally meaning "Rolling Rhino"): The user holds his swords in front of him pointing up, like rhinoceros horns, and spins quickly.(21 Mastery, 21 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Infernal Action
    Narration
    "Talking"
    Thoughts

The place was filled with ordinary people who wanted to take a break from the everyday hustle and bustle of duties. He was also there, an ordinary or maybe an unusual guy. Man that recently joined the navy. A guy who had no dreams, only goals. Who knows, maybe one day he'll accomplish something...

Infernal was sitting there and watching how the people enjoy their life. Someone was drinking, some people were talking and a few were even dancing. Sitting alone and waiting for the was first day of his job. Job that was supposed to start in a minute. Nonetheless, he was calm - he knew what to do. Prisoner from point A to point B.

He just stood up and left.When he walked out, on the left side, he saw the clocktower. And in the middle of the town, it looked outstanding. The sunset was approaching inexorably. Maybe that's why there were not so many passers-by.

Oi oi... It's should be not far away.

Infernal start walking to west, through the bridge. In the middle of the town, the only way to get to castle is head to north bridge. He pass by the clocktower and was heading to only road who could take right now.

@Fire Tiger

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  3. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    As kilij waited for the marines to start moving the prisoner, he noticed a lone marine passing by the clocktower. [Why isn't this one with the others? Must be a new recruit. This could be a good opportunity. If I could steal his uniform, it might give me a chance to snatch the prisoner without much confrontation. But do I abandon the plan for this slim chance?] Not knowing how to let an opportunity get away, Kilij quickly and stealthily made his way down the clocktower and into the dwindling crowd.

He could see the marine up ahead on the road that led to the castle. By walking at a faster pace Kilij was narrowing the gap between them. [So close. When he tries to cross the bridge I'll jump him and push him into the canal. Under the cover of the water I can choke him out and take his uniform. But I gotta be careful, if he gets away, this night will suddenly become a lot harder.] Stepping into the bridge in the most natural way he could, Kilij got an arm's length away from the target.

After inhaling one last deep breath, Kilij jumped at the marine with the intention of tackling him over the bridge and into the water.

Luna <3 and iNFERNAL like this.
  4. iNFERNAL

iNFERNAL

Bounty Points:
    For purpose when reading:

When Infernal was crossing north bridge near to the center of city, suddenly he saw shadow that was close to him. Infernal try to dodge and barely made it.
    Infernal speed: 16,5 vs Kilijj Speed: 11 + 4 = 15
    -reaction: 19 -Reaction: 12
    -movement: 14 -Movement: 18

My reaction time is little bit higher then his movement.
    However gap between them was really close. There was something in the air. Even people(about 2-3) that were close felt that and react. Start watching what's goin on.

Without thinking - Infernal right hand wasalready on sword...

"Oii oii. That was close." Taking hand away from Last Breath.
    He look at him in close.
    An animal. A tiger. Mink, high as me. Not a typical citizen right here. What's he looking for here?

"Not so many people here right now, and still mistake your legs? You could push me."
    I'd better watch myself. Who knows who's he and what's his plans are. I have better things to do.

"Who are You and what You doing here?"

Luna <3 and Fire Tiger like this.
  5. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    [Blast it! I screwed up! He might have even seen my face under the hood from such an interaction.] Panicking a little Kilij moved his hand to the handle of his blade and took several steps back. [Wait, wait, wait. Don't act recklessly. The situation can still be salvaged.] Looking around kilij noticed that the ordeal might start attracting crowd if mishandled. Taking a breath to calm his rapidly beating heart, Kilij heard the words of the marine.

[He's certainly is suspicious of me now. If I want to get my revenge I can't get tied up in a battle right here in the middle of the road. I need to make my escape and I need to do it fast.]

Slowly walking back kilij raised his hands above his head in a show of non-aggression. "I'm sorry my friend. I just tripped on the ground. I meant no disrespect. I've always been a clumsy individual." While he kept walking back kilij slowly removed a few coins from his pocket. "Here, as an apology why don't I buy you a drink." Kilij took the coins and threw them in an arc at the marine as he reached his destination, the edge of the bridge. At the same time as he threw the money he acted as if he stumbled with the bridges railing and dove into the water. While remaining underwater he quickly swam away from the bridge into the direction of the castle. [I hope they don't increase the security after this.]

iNFERNAL and Luna <3 like this.
  6. iNFERNAL

iNFERNAL

Bounty Points:
    +"[some:talk]"

Infernal was still staring close on him, when stranger suddenly create bigger gap between them.
    I like my privacy, but maybe that wasn't incident?
    - Infernal started thinking about any possibility that could happen. Is he a threat to me? Don't think so. He just step away.

"Friends. That's a word. Nevertheless, happens my (pause) 'friend'. At least You have some manners." - Infernal say impassive. Range between them wasn't that close like few seconds ago, however he saw that mink was reaching his pocket. What the hell he's doing in front of me? After this thoughts, coins started shining in the middle of air. Just a few of them. Infernal try to catch them. However some bounce on the ground.
    "Oii oii, I don't need them. Where You're g....." with this words, Ensign was watching how stranger disappear.
    *scream* "[Citizen: He jump off the bridge, Mr!]" with this words, civilian walks closer to pick up coins.

Infernal walks close to edge of the bridge and start looking around. Nothing. Now... that was weird. - Thought, new member of navy. I can't even see where he went. Think think think. That wasn't usually view. First of all Mink, here in the middle of this city. Second - mink are often very handy and skillful - he couldn't slip off the bridge. Third - coins, he can't be poor. That's no coincidence. I'm pretty sure of it. Suddenly, someone pulled him out of his mind.

"[Citizen: Sir, is he ok?]" Say man that was thinking only about coins that he took.
    "Citizen, I don't see him, but that should not concern you." Infernal look at his hand, opened his fist and gave rest of berries to man. "Take it. I don't need it. Now move along. DISBAND. NOTHING TO WATCH HERE!" Ensign shout little bit, and citizen and two others that were watching whole situation started walk away.

And I thought, this gonna be typical mission. From A to... Wait. Could this stranger is link to my mission? But why? I already made conclusion, however that would be hell of coincidence. Oii oii... I need to go. I don't wanna hear any complains. I'll think about it durning the road.

Infernal start walking straightway to castle.

Fire Tiger and Luna <3 like this.
  7. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilij kept swimming until he came out in a little wooded area just south of the castle gate. From there he still had a good view at the castle's bridge and could see his target waiting on the transfer. In the shadow of a tree, Kilij took off his robe and hanged it on branch to dry. The sun had already set and it was starting to get cold, but that never had a great effect on the Mink's body. Some of the city's workers were lighting up the street torches, but the area around Kilij remained drenched in darkness. Thankfully the castle gate was well lit. Taking an apple from his bag Kilij sat down to eat something until the marines got on the road.

[Sigh. Things really started off badly. Impatience got the best of me. Hopefully it'll get better from now on. No matter what I can't let that man get away.]

While waiting for the marines, Kilij started to remember his rough childhood. His life was a constant struggle orchestrated by Lionel Lupin. Sailing from one island to the next locked up in the brig until he was taken out to participate in some gladiatorial match. After which the whole process would repeat itself until the day he escaped. The only bright spot was his blacksmithing teacher who made the gladiatorial arms on the ship. On occasion Lupin liked to taunt Kilij with a little piece of white paper that he always kept on him, a vivre card that led to the Phantom Island of Zou. That piece of paper was Kilij's only connection to the homeland he had never seen and the only way find any family he might have. Of course Lupin knew this and alway gloated about it to Kilij. When Kilij escaped, he thought that he had forever lost the chance to retrieve it until he read about Lupin's arrest a few weeks ago. [Like a sign from the heavens an opportunity has been presented before me. I can get my revenge and get back the vivre card. No more mistakes can be allowed.]

Tossing the core of the apple, Kilij got up and put on his mostly dried robe. He checked his weapons and went to hide on an alleyway down the road from the castle.

iNFERNAL likes this.
  8. iNFERNAL

iNFERNAL

Bounty Points:
    Infernal was walking directly to the castle. He pass by few buildings and take left road. He knew exactly where he wanna go. From that point who could see at the end of street a little bridge and beautiful big castle that was rising above any other construction that was near by. Ensign could not be stop. He was focused. Although the stranger still did not give him peace, he tried to focus on the mission that was truly just to about begin. The sun had already set and it was starting to get cold.
    Finally, I'm here - He thought. He slow down little bit his walk, improve his look after that accident few minutes ago. So now the whole party begins.

When Infernal walked close, two men approached him. Well built, in the prime of life.
    "[Guard 1: Who are You? Introduce yourself.]"
    "Calm down. Infernal, rank Ensign. I came here to pick up prisoner"
    "[George: Sorry Sir. George, rank Sergeant. The second one is John.]" George was little bit confuse. Someone higher rank then him, but he knew that someone will came for that prisoner.
    "[John: Nice to meet you Sir. John, rank recruit.]" John was little bit stress. It was his first day on duty.
    "Great" - said little bit sarcastic Infernal. "So all instruction we have behind us. Now take me to prisoner"
    "[George & John: Yes Sir!]"

Infernal walked inside castle.
    The castle inside was a great and beautiful building, which was known throughout the whole island. There were many chambers there so beautiful that not one rich magnate could envy them. However, there was no time visit any chamber. There was no time to see how outstanding is this construction. They head directly to dungeon prisoners. There was many of them, convinced for murder, theft but only one particular was gagged and blindfolded. Convicted in private cell.
    ["George: It's him Sir. John, open cell."]
    What he did? Never mind. Probably he deserve this sort of treatment. - Infernal thought for a moment.
    John opened doors to cell. Prisoner was sitting and didn't even react.
    ["George: Lionel Lupin. Stand up. We gonna for a walk."]
    "What we?" - said Infernal.
    ["George: Sir. We have guidelines. We are responsible for him. Let us go with You. This is gonna be great lesson for John."]
    ["John: Pleaseeeee."]
    Pathetic - Thought Infernal.
    "All right, all right. But! You boys listen to me from now on. No stupid move. Who knows what gonna happen, when we gonna walk to port."
    ["George&John: Yes sir!"]
    Oii..oiii... Now I'm responsible for two newcomers. Not like I'm not experienced in fights, but in command. That's little bit something new for me.

"First of all. We need to assume that anything can happen, like I said. I'm gonna be in front. John, you're responsible to stick with prisoner all the time. George, you're more experienced than John so you're behind him and watching our backs. Is that clear?"
    ["George&John: Yes sir!"] - They said satisfied. Like Infernal said, they started moving out. Prisoner was stick to John by line, so he couldn't get away. George was behind them and Ensign Infernal up front. Infernal walked outside castle.

"Stick to the plan and everything is gonna be all right."

Fire Tiger likes this.
  9. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    In shadow of some buildings Kilij watched as the group of four walked down the street. [If they keep going forward they should reach the main street in just a bit. I should try to separate them before then. The less of them there are, the easier it will be for me.] Sticking to the shadows the Mink got closer to the group of marines. He could see them walking in a line with the prisoner in the middle. Making sure that his clothing hid his face Kilij picked up a brick from an alleyway and shouted to the group.

"HEY YOU STINKING MARINES GET OUT OF OUR TOWN, WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!!!"

As he shouted at the top of his lungs, Kilij threw the brick at the marine that was at the back of the group. Seeing that he got the attention of the group Kilij took off running northwards through a dark park with a big fountain. [Insulting and assaulting a marine will definitely get them angry. Surely they'll try to follow me to arrest me. But they cant do that with a prisoner in custody. Therefore it leaves just one option, splitting up. I'm not sure if it will be one or two of them that will come after me, but with the aid of the shadows and my speed, I should be able to loose them. After that I'll have to hurry and confront whoever is still with the prisoner.] Looking back at the group Kilij shouted again as he ran.

"YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME YOU USELESS DOGS OF THE GOVERNMENT!!!"

iNFERNAL likes this.
  10. iNFERNAL

iNFERNAL

Bounty Points:
    When Infernal walked outside castle, he notice that weather did not change at all. However time didn't stop. Sun lower little bit even more. But more interesting thing happen right away. Some stranger start screaming.

Oii oii.. another weird man - Thought Infernal.
    Suddenly George got hit by brick. The damage wasn't that bad, but he did not thought some citizen could attack him right away.
    "[George: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! YOU STUPID DUMB. I'M GOING FOR YOU]" - he shout. He was angry.
    "No" - said calmly Infernal. "He is already running. He is planning something and wanna do some dirty tricks. This is more than obvious."

Suddenly stranger shout again.
    John was so stressed he didn't say even a word. He was just standing and watching whole situation. Staying close to prisoner, like convicted could defend him. Suddenly
    "[George: But SIR! He just throw brick against me. Against MARINE!]" - shout angry navy.
    "Stop shouting, a specially at me" - Ensign looked aggressively and George immediately become kind. "Good. Now listen to me. (pause) JOHN FOCUS. Nothing gonna happen to You. I promise" - recruits..

"GUARDS! GUARDS!" shout Infernal.
    Right away, two marines run outside from castle. They look like just few seconds ago they were cleaning floor. Another recruits, seriously?
    "You two, yes you. Ensign Infernal. No time to talk. Both of you, chase that stranger. He attack us. Take him alive or dead. Right now I and this marines have very important mission with prisoners. Do what I say and you will never need to clean floor"
    "[Recruit 1&2: YES SIR!]" How he knew that we were cleaning floor? - thought recruit.
    Recruits started chasing stranger as he ran.

"Now. George, John. We don't have time to waste. Already something is going on. Both of you. Be focus. Let's move to first corner. After that we turn right. Path is easy."
    George look at John, and John did same. ["George: All right! But I won't forget that (pause) whoever that was!]"

Infernal start walking and almost reach first corner. Right after him, John was walking and holding closely prisoner and behind them, George. George this time was more focus. He was watching everything all around. Little bit angry but focus.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  11. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilij kept on running changing direction twice until he eventually ran between a few houses to arrive at the big cathedral near the center of town. As he ran he had heard how the marine call up some guards instead of going after him themselves. But by the time the guards started their pursuit he had already fled the scene. Taking out his canteen, Kilij drank a few mouthfuls of water as he leaned against the cathedral wall. [This is getting irritating. Can't nothing go according to plan.] As he drank Kilij placed a hand on the hilt of his sword. [I have no vendetta against the marines. Those last few strategies were meant to safely get those guys away from my prey. There's no need for me to bring any real harm to them. But...] Kilij sat down and took his sword from his scabbard a gave long look to the edge of the blade. [Will I have to resort to more lethal measures?] Placing his sword back in the scabbard, Kilij took out an old gladius from his backpack.

This shortsword was in bad shape, it was partially covered by rust and its edge had plenty of nicks and chipped sections. As a blacksmith it wouldn't be difficult for Kilij to fix this sword, but he kept as is for special reasons. This was the first blade he ever forged and it also was the weapon he used when he first took a life. A common misconception is that gladiators often fight to the death, but what kind of slaver would waste money on feeding, training, and equipping a gladiator just to easily lose them in a deathmatch? This was also a reality for Kilij, most of the time he would fight until someone lost consciousness. But on the day he forged his first blade, Lionel Lupin insisted on it being tested in a deathmatch. Since then Kilij has kept this sword in such a state to remind him of his first kill and he would often reflect on it when he needed to shed blood.

Putting the gladius away, Kilij once again started to head towards the main road. [I ran here pretty quickly, so I shouldn't be to far behind. I'll follow them for a bit to see if a non-lethal option presents itself. If there isn't any, then I'll go for the kill.] Kilij finally spotted the marines further away and he silently followed in the shadow of the night.

iNFERNAL likes this.
  12. iNFERNAL

iNFERNAL

Bounty Points:
    Infernal after reaching first corner, sunset was over and the night begins.

The group kept close together, try to walk the street calmly and confidently. Darkness however, caused anxiety, a specially for freshman.
    "[John: Sir.]" - said recruit hesitantly.
    "Hmm?"
    "[John: Are we safe now?]"
    "[George: John! Calm yourself down. In front, Ensign Infernal is watching and nothing can escape his eyes. I'm behind you, so no one could stab you in back.]"
    "[John: But it's dar...]"
    "[George: Stop it!]"
    "Boy is little bit right. It's dark and we already know that something is going on. But there's some good points. First of all, not many citizen around. Probably in few minutes, all will disappear and start sleeping in their warm houses. In that way, we have good view. Second, path. It's just straight way now. Trough bridge, pass by clock tower, another bridge and (pause) we're almost there.
    John and George started nod a head.

As they talk, Infernal move with group and pass by first bridge.
    Oii... that weird things happens here - as he thought, he look then on clock tower. Though he was not that close, he could see it. The big and great construction was right now even beautiful in beginning of night.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  13. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilij followed the marines from further back as he watched them cross the bridge. [Time to act.] Thought Kilij as he pulled a big town map from his pack and quickly approached the marines. " Excuse me, Mr. Marine, Sir. Can you tell me how do I get to Oak Street? My friends are supposed to be waiting for me and I'm completely lost" Said Kilij as he hurriedly neared the marines. Moving the big map in front of him until it obscured his torso, Kilij got within striking distance. "I took a left on Hill Street like they told me to, but I somehow ended up here." Just as spoke Kilij swinged his sword right through the map and at the marine in the back.

[Ittoryu lai: Tora Sonson]
    A modified version of the popular Shishi Sonson, Kilij moves more like a tiger than a lion. Placing the sheathed sword upright and listening to the "breath" of his opponent, Kilij rapidly unsheathes, attacks, and resheathes his sword. An interesting note is that the user does the technique back-handed as opposed to from the waist with a standard grip on the sword. (21 Strength, 11 Mastery) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Right after Kilij unleashed his sword move at the core of the marine furthest back, Kilij jumped to the side and simultaneously threw two daggers, one at the next marine's hand to incapacitate him from combat and one at the leg of the prisoner to stop his movements. Making several more strategic jumps Kilij positioned himself at the base of the clocktower and spoke to them.

"I'm sorry for this incident, but I can't let you take that man away. If you let him go with me we can avoid any further bloodshed. If you're worried about justice, I can guaranteed that he'll be better punished with me for his crimes than with the government. Of course if you refuse then it will be you who suffer for this scum. Do you really want to put yourselves at risk for this lives ruining trash? So, what do you say? The good way or the bad way?" Said kilij as he took a sword drawing stance.

iNFERNAL likes this.
  14. iNFERNAL

iNFERNAL

Bounty Points:
    As Infernal move with group and pass by first bridge, some stranger approach.
    Citizen... - the first thought that came to his mind.

Suddenly things started really bad.
    George looked at his chest. He was really dangerously scratch and start bleeding.
    "[George: What th... Arhhhhh.]" Marine bent and put his hand to the wound . When everything happen John was shocked, but next things happen immediately after that.

Recruit did not even say a word, when daggers almost reached him. Ensign was there. Infernal pushed John away. He exposed himself, although he barely succeed by crouching. Dagger could probably not harm navy, but Infernal didn't want take chance. The prisoner who felt chance was already planning an escape plan, but there was second dagger in air too. The blind and gag man was hit to his right leg.
    "[Prisoner: arhhhhhhhhh]" He try to scream louder, but everything was drowned out by a gag. Prisoner crouch. He wanna stand up however pain was serious. How couldn't move.
    Without help, he won't be able to move. He wanted it. He wanted to stop from reaching port, so he stop Prisoner. - Thought Infernal.

"John! Stand up!" He was scared, but he listened right away. "Now listen to me. Take care of George. Take him and go back to castle. Protect him for a cost of your life."
    "[John: But sir! I can't leave you here. He's freaking dangerous. I'll help You!]"
    "John. Listen to me." - Calmly and confidently said Infernal.
    "You've done your part. George too. I promised that nothing would happen to You and I kept my word. Now go"
    John hesitate but he knew that in this battle, he don't have chance. He was still freshman and he didn't have experience in fight or any sort of battleground.
    "[George: I'm sorry sir.] - said disappointed.
    John help George to get up and then took him under his arm. Slowly they began to go where they came from. One disappointed, one scared. They'll never forget this mission. That's for sure.

"I guess we meet again, hm?" It must be him.

"Sorry will not help George and justice you said (pause)... Justice is just a pretty word. There is not such thing in this world." Infernal reach for his sword. "If you kill him, he won't suffer. I can tell you, that he'll stay in prison for long time. You know what they do to freshman like him in prison? He'll pay"

"Your call what will happen next" Infernal pull out Last Breath.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  15. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    "Tora-Tora-Tora-Tora-Tora" Laughed Kilij. "A marine who doesn't believe in justice? I like that. But you're right there's no such thing as justice, there's only vengeance." Kilij drew his shamshir. [Now that's a refreshing perspective. If the situation was different I'm sure this guy would had made a good friend. But alas marine, there's no time for friendship here.]

"My name is Kilij Dao Odachi and Lionel Lupin I'm here to personally send you to the underworld." Kilij shouted at the man behind the marine. Kilij pointed his sword at the marine and said in a cold voice. "Those who stand in my way, will share the same fate."

[There's advantages and disadvantages to having this fight here. He's forced into a defensive stance because of the prisoner. At the same time I'm forced to finish this quickly or the other marine might return with backup. I'll rely strength to quickly wear him down and create an opening to get Lupin.]

Dashing forwards with a two handed grip, Kilij began to unleash heavy sword strikes. [Left, right, upwards, downwards give me an opening. My strength is superior if you don't do something I'll take the lead!] Kilij slashed in rapid succession looking to overpower the marine.

iNFERNAL likes this.
  16. iNFERNAL

iNFERNAL

Bounty Points:
    "You will not laugh after that" (pause) "Vengeance cover your eyes and it will cause You lose here". Who knows, maybe one day. You'll understand that revenge is not most important thing in this broken world. - Thought Navy.

"My pleasure. Infernal. We'll see, we will see." After this words, came silent. The air began to smell differently, and the sky looked even more beautiful during the night.

Ensign was ready. He knew that Kilij gonna attack. There we go - thought Infernal

Kilij attacks were strong. Infernal try to fight off attacks. One after another. The slashes are clashing time after time. They are very loud and some even cut through the air. Infernal barely reflect them. He's strong. Animal... I can't fight like that with him.
    With knowledge of Ittoryu Infernal try to slip sword slashes by Kilij on his Last Breath and counter attack him with few quick and finesse attack.

17. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilj kept releasing strikes looking for a weak point. [This marine, no, Infernal is quite proficient in his martial arts. Even though I hit harder and move faster, he still is able to deflect my blows with minimal energy expenditure. I can't let it go on like this. Time to change thing up.] Kilij made a particularly violent side swipe at Infernal and simultaneously sprinted towards the injured Lupin.

This was a risky move. Kilij was basically opening himself to an attack just so he could move against the prisoner. When he used to be a gladiator Kilij liked to take the slow approach to combat, always observing and reacting to the opponents attacks. But this situation was completely different to the arena. If he didn't act quickly, it will all go to waste. Not only will he fail at his vengeance, he will also become wanted by the marines without gaining anything for it.

As he ran to the prisoner, the seconds felt like years to Kilij. He could imagine a sword strike landing on his back at any moment, but what's one more scar to a gladiator? A scarless back is the pride of a swordsman, but pride has little meaning to a slave. Kilij might be physically free, but his mind is still chained to his past. Therefore this next attack will sever that chain.

While moving Kilij sheathed his sword in preparation to perform is sword drawing technique. In an instant he scanned his target pinpointing where he would strike. [His eyes are covered his mouth is gagged. Does he even know how close I am? Do I go for the neck and quickly end it? No, that's too easy. Where should I strike? Where would it have the most impact?] Suddenly remembering something, Kilij attacked Lionel Lupin with the intention to completely sever his right leg.

"Tora Sonson!"

Stealth Black Sanji likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice