1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

The identity and powers of Uranus

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Joy_Boy, Mar 31, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Does this seem plausible?

1. Yes!

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No...

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I need to process this more because my mind just exploded.

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    Alright guys, got a potentially game changing theory for you guys after reading the last chapter.
    Hope you enjoy.

Here's a speaking version of this on YouTube!

Credit to @vamsi for the screen captures.

I think its possible we just found out the identity and powers of Uranus.

Currently, we really only know the specifics of one Ancient Weapon, Poseidon a.k.a Shirahoshi.
    [​IMG]

Her power is that she is able to control the sea kings, who seem honor bound to fulfill her wishes, whatever they may be.

This last chapter we have seen something remarkable similar. Yes, I am talking about Zunisha not being able to defend herself without direct orders from Momonosuke.
    [​IMG]

Zunisha received an order from long ago to walk the world for eternity, and she is unable to break this command without a second order from someone specific.
    [​IMG]

This specific person isn't just someone that can hear the VOAT, as we are told that Luffy can’t give her that order. This is also true for Gold Roger and Oden Kouzuki.
    [​IMG]

The person who can is.... Momonosuke. This is eerily similar to what Shirahoshi can do, and her power was remarked upon as an Ancient Weapon capable of destroying the world.

Do you think Momo power could destroy the world? I think so. Zunisha just one shotted Jack, and her size alone could crush islands.
    [​IMG]
    I also think Momo's power will be able to extend to creatures other than Zunisha as well. I doubt he could only control one elephant.

I wonder if the order that Zunisha received long ago was given by the Uranus of the void century, and Momo, like Shirahoshi, has been born with the power of an Ancient Weapon that often skips many generations. Which is to say, Momonosuke has been born the king of the land animals, just as Shirahoshi is the true king of the sea.

Although I can’t yet see the ties between Momo’s power and that of a sky god, his power is next level shit and completely overpowered.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  2. Bounty

Bounty Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Yea this makes sense. If shirahoshi is an "ancient weapon" then momonosuke can control an ancient weapon because his father was mentioned a lot about how he was in Raftel etc...

3. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    I'd say it's 90% possible,just because I do not like the idea of Oda repeating himself ... Most probably it is true as a lot of people suspect

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  4. Wanted

Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Nice theory sounds plausible :)

5. ToBeThriller

ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    I think, if this is true,it would be awfully similar to Poseidon. It'd be like the Poseidon on land. There isn't enough difference between Poseidon and what you said in this theory. This reason makes me want to not accept this theory even though it makes some sense.

6. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    I believe this is correct, there's little evidence to say otherwise. ON another note, this should put the rest the claims that the National Treasure is Uranus for a while, there's very little possibility to dismiss Momonosuke being Uranus with this reveal.

What I'm now concerned about is, I always thought the D. were the only ones privy to this VOAT ability, and we see that both Oden and Momonosuke share this ability. Oddly enough, Law who is also a D. has been omitted, so we couldn't see if he was also reacting to Zunesha's voice which would cement the premise that D. is heavily associated with the D.

It's either Kouzuki family are Ds, or, I've hit a wall, and need to revise my thinking of who is a candidate for VOAT. A lot of information this chapter to analyse, so this is awesome.

7. Dr_Ali

Dr_Ali ONE LAST STAND Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    The connections are right, that's for sure. However, I don't think Oda is the kind of mangaka who would repeat the same scene twice if you catch my point. When we were first introduced to Pluton we thought the other two AW would also be shaped as "weapons " he surprised us all by reveling the second weapon identity to be a mermaid. So I don't know if he's gonna repeat the living being scenario again...

8. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    I can understand this :)

But still... this power is so next level... I only see two possibilities.
    1. This is Uranus, and Momo is Uranus reincarnated
    2. This power has some limitations we dont yet know of which make it practically useless.

9. fineri

fineri

Bounty Points:
    Completely agree great theory

10. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    Law is suggested to also be able to hear this voice
    [​IMG]
    I think the Kouzuki's are D's.

Remember your theory that the AK actually used their own Ancient Weapons to destroy their home island?

... this could have been Zunisha's doing...

11. vamsi

vamsi

Bounty Points:
    Hmm.... i was also thinking that some parallelism has to be there....
    But we don't know anything about these yet.... so have to wait and see... :D

12. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Great theory. Could be possible.
    Although I would prefer Uranus to be something entirely different and not based on the same concept at Poseidon. Even if it isn't i'd be okay with it. Zunisha is so badass. One shotted one of the calamities :D

13. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    Yep bro, this is something I highly expect might happen

14. Aka Hata X

Aka Hata X

Bounty Points:
    Maybe Oden himself could comand her and so all the direct descendants of his family, is just that Zunisha didn't have to break the order which I'm assuming the gorosei gave her after they lost the war.

15. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    I can definitely see it happening, it fits in a lot of different ways

I mean it's pretty likely that Zou was ordered by one of Momo's descendants to walk for eternity and so only momo and oden as well as the rest of there bloodline could alter the order.

However Momo's character has been completely wrapped in mystery the whole time so it wouldn't surprise me if there was something special about him.

Cassia OP, Tv-crimes, Naito and 2 others like this.
  16. Black Leg.Sanji

Black Leg.Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Great theory
    It makes sense.

Tv-crimes, Naito, Putu and 1 other person like this.
  17. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    Oden is specifically stated to NOT be able to command her. I think it was the original Uranus who commander her to walk the world for eternity, becuase she did something horrific. Maybe on accident maybe on purpose, I cant be sure.

For sure though, I find it interesting the ties between Zou and the Kouzuki. If Momo's power is inheritable, it would make sense that his ancestor Kouzuki were the ones to have the power. Given that they are protecting a Poneglyph, it's likely this power is tied to the Ancient Kingdom.

18. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche

Bounty Points:
    It is still bugging me, what purpose did Oden serve as a Roger Pirate because Rayleigh's wording implies Roger could hear the Poneglyphs which implies it wasn't necessary to understand the actual language.

Maybe the Poneglyphs will only be heard only after a D becomes a Pirate King. I'm not too sure how all of this adds up, conundrum to be solved it seems.

19. Joy_Boy

Joy_Boy

Bounty Points:
    I think Oden was the scribe who wrote the Rio Poneglyph for Roger, using his knowledge of how to read and write the ancient characters.

http://orojackson.com/threads/oden-carved-the-rio-poneglyph.23636/

still not sure why Luffy and Momo cant seem to hear the Poneglyph, however, I still think it's possible Momo can hear the Poneglyph. Maybe it's voice was drowned out by Zunisha.

20. The Buddha

The Buddha

Bounty Points:
    well i don't like the idea of momo=uranus as it is very similar to shirahoshi=poseidon :p

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Tv-crimes, Naito, Putu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice