1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

The future of the revolution

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Go D. Usopp, Oct 9, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    Chapter 803 has set up an unexpected major turn of events, in which the Blackbeard fleet intends to start a war against the Revolutionary army. I believe these events will have much greater repercussions than many of us have considered

First let's talk about Blackbeard's crew. We all saw Burgess get no diffed by Sabo, but are his entire crew this weak? Likely, all of his original crew excluding Laffite (i'm not sure why but I get the impression that he's the strongest of the original crew) are on a similar level and will pose no problem. The problem comes with the Impel Down recruits, and Blackbeard himself

Given how easily Sabo defeated Burgess, I believe that the main conflict will take place against Blackbeard's new recruits. I'm not gonna do fight matchups but in short I think the leaders will take the Impel Down recruits, and characters like Koala and Hack will face the original crew

The deciding factor is of course, Blackbeard himself. Quite possibly the most powerful individual character in the series barring the Gorosei (who I believe will be the final antagonists, though that's a matter covered in another theory). Also before you quote Kaido's reveal at me, it says he's the "strongest". Strength and power are entirely different and Blackbeard has quite possibly the 2 most powerful Devil Fruits in the series

After a lengthy battle, both sides will appear to be on roughly even footing. However, with all of the Revo's leaders exhausted from their battles against his crew, Blackbeard would be in a position to easily wipe them all out, claiming any Devil Fruits they may possess in the process. Of course, Dragon won't allow this

An order to retreat will be given, with Dragon deciding to stay and hold Blackbeard off alone. This will directly parallel Whitebeard's actions in Marineford and will signal the true end of the old era. Oda never gives too much spotlight to characters from the previous generation (leaving most of them dead or retired), and it would be out of place for Dragon to get too major a role in the story

After what will likely be the best fight in One Piece so far, he will die at the hands of Blackbeard, and the revolution will be led by his second in command, Sabo. Sabo, being born of nobility and knowing personally their disgusting attitudes, is the perfect man to lead the Revolutionaries

As for Dragon's Devil Fruit, there are 2 possibilities. The first, is that he has a weather related mythical Zoan (common theories include Thunderbird and Shenlong). In this scenario, it will be consumed by Blackbeard himself. The second (and my preferred), is that he has a weather control Paramecia. If this is the case, it will be somehow acquired by Sabo, either by carrying a compatible fruit himself or by stealing it at the last moment. He will pass it on to Luffy, as it would be the only contact Luffy would ever have with his father, and it will eventually be fed to Nami's Climatact. It would also be interesting to note that this would mean Luffy, like Ace, never met his infamous father. Having another family member stolen from them will also further fuel Luffy and Sabo's grudges against the Blackbeard pirates

Sabo leading the Revolutionaries would also perfectly set them up to ally with Luffy for the final war after Raftel. Luffy allying with Dragon seems highly unlikely as, given that it's his father, he would likely feel as though he was being a subordinate, which simply isn't his style. He is however extremely close to Sabo, and them allying as equals against a common enemy would make perfect sense

Followers: @Sontaran Gaming @djiayebee @Zazhi @worst pirate @King Tempest @Amles @BlueGentleman @CP-0 @duke @Flamki @Gol D Usopp @Joker850x @Juntoci @Marshall D Tim @MUUGEN @Portgas D. Shahana @Reiketsu_Kuro @Shiroashi No Sanji @SirLOLalot @Tv-crimes @Monkey D. Yongyu

2. worst pirate

worst pirate

Bounty Points:
    Nice theory but I dont want this to happen

3. Aka Hata X

Aka Hata X

Bounty Points:
    I disagree on the part that is out of place to give Dragon an important role, he has been hyped since Loguetown so of course he's a mayor character in future arcs.

4. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    i dont see this happen , Dragon has to met Luffy , he is not gonna die before that happend and really i think Blackbeard would retreat when he sees, that he is no match for Dragon.
    Oda is not gonna kill Dragon in the first clash .. no way , he is to important for the story .. and his vow to change the word has to be fulfilled

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  5. MUUGEN

MUUGEN MuuBa<3 Wanted Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    I don't know what to think about this theory, so I am going to hold off at the moment.
    Nice theory regardless.

Amles and Zaz like this.
  6. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    Whitebeard was hyped since Alabasta and he was killed off in his first major appearance. Oda likes to surprise us and I definitely think it's possible
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 9, 2015 ---
    Blackbeard scarred Shanks (a feat not even Mihawk has pulled off) before even getting a Devil Fruit. I can't see Dragon being significantly stronger than Shanks, at best they're probably on the same level, and BB has 2 hax fruits now

Amles and Zaz like this.
  7. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    ha? whitebeard was not hyped at all , he was just mentioned 3 times , and he is too old and sick .. it was obvious that he is gonna die , even redhair has gone to him to say that he should let his hand off BB.
    he is sure powerful but he was scared to face Akainu alone or Shanks .. and has retreat he has his 2 DF at this time too !!

Amles, Zaz, djiayebee and 1 other person like this.
  8. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    "The strongest pirate in the world" isn't hyped? Gonna have to strongly disagree there
    He didn't appear scared of Shanks at all, he merely didn't think it was the right time to fight him

Amles and Zaz like this.
  9. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    sure that was his epithet, that is it all to it , he said that he cannot the strongest for all the time ..
    he was scared for sure :D

Zaz and Abdoulhay like this.
  10. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    Saying "it's his epithet" doesn't really negate the fact that Oda was building him up as this overpowered legendary pirate. Nor does him admitting (really late into Marineford might I add) that he can't be the strongest forever

There was not a single look of fear on BB's face when Shanks showed up. You're saying he was scared based on the assumption that Blackbeard is a coward. In actuality he's just extremely devious and does nothing that won't benefit him. Even if he could have won, fighting Shanks there would have served no purpose other than a show of power, which he'd already accomplished anyway

Also to address an earlier point I glanced over, it's the Revolutionaries that are important to the story, not Dragon himself. Even with another leader they can serve their role. I don't see Oda putting the whole "he's Luffy's dad" thing front and center (which is the thing that could make him personally important)

Zaz and Tv-crimes like this.
  11. Tv-crimes

Tv-crimes

Bounty Points:
    As good as your theory is, and i've seen a few of them, they're all pretty good, i just don't want it to happen.
    Then again, you're kinda right, Whitebeard was hyped and got killed off.

Keep making these, i enjoy them. ;)

12. Shiroashi No Sanji

Shiroashi No Sanji

Bounty Points:
    I actually really like this. The idea of Dragon being taken out in a massive dramatic way that Luffy eventually finds out about, possibly via Sabo. Dragon not meeting Luffy could lead to Dragon's death smile (because of the D.), ya know, he doesn't regret it because he knows Luffy is what he wants and doing it well and unknowingly kinda flying the Revolutionary flag through his actions.

I think that the New World is definitely meant to be a lot more bleak, so more deaths would definitely help the tone of the story. It also allows for dying Dragon to have a flashback as to why he left Luffy and maybe even a hint at Luffy's mother.

Between the Supernovas trying to take out the Yonko and Blackbeard taking out Dragon, it truly would pave the way for a new era, without the final remnants waging their wars. With Sabo in control of the Revolutionaries, they would be more inclined to come to Luffy's aid, especially in a fight against both the Blackbeard pirates and the Gorosei (whom I also believe are gonna be huge antagonists by the end of the series).

It would take a lot to take out Dragon and the Revs, but from the revs we know other than Dragon (Sabo, Koala, Iva-chan, even Kuma), there doesn't conceivably seem like anyone who could take out Blackbeard given his power. I reckon Shiryu has got to be pretty fucking balla given Zoro is going to have to kick his ass at some point.

So yeah, well thought out, conceivable and would make for an amazing story in One Piece.

Amles, Zaz and Go D. Usopp like this.
  13. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    Yeah I get not wanting it, I like Dragon and i'd be pretty sad to see him go. I just think it fits with the theme of the new generation taking over, as well as setting up the Straw Hats and Revos allying (which is extremely likely since I can't see the Revos being left out of the final war)

Amles, Zaz and Tv-crimes like this.
  14. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    lol , he has thought about it. if he has a chance against Shanks he would not retreat .. an Admiral alone was enough to scare him along his entire crew
    Shanks enters Marineford and has ended the war alone .. that says it all , if you think about it

15. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    I said I wouldn't do matchups but as a special treat, Koshiro vs Shiryuu (I believe the theories that he's a Revo)

Shiryuu is probably in the BB crew's top 3 (I think Laffite is the third if we're doing a monster trio comparison)

Amles, Zaz and Shiroashi No Sanji like this.
  16. Shiroashi No Sanji

Shiroashi No Sanji

Bounty Points:
    I kinda thought that too. You and I are gonna get along fine lol

Zaz and Go D. Usopp like this.
  17. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    Blackbeard is DF hunting, Shanks doesn't take crew members who can't swim (his own words to Luffy). None of the Red Haired pirates had anything worth taking to Blackbeard. I'm not saying he could have won (Shanks is stronger than when they fought the first time and his crew are likely stronger than BBs), but even if hypothetically he could, there was no motivation to fight him

Scared of an Admiral but not the guy who fought 2 of them by himself whilst already dying? Doesn't add up. Like I said, Blackbeard is just a planner, not a coward or a weakling. He came for the Gura and he got it. With Whitebeard dead and his crew retreating, the truth of the situation is that he'd have actually had to fight 3 admirals, Garp and Sengoku. That's why he neglected to take on the marines

Unless you mean the scene where he traded Bonny, in which case there was nothing to suggest that he was scared, he just hadn't planned on fighting an Admiral. Blackbeard is doing everything according to a plan (he's been working this angle since Roger was still alive). If you wanted a ship and got Akainu you'd be pretty thrown off by it. He figured it was easier to leave Bonny and avoid an unnecessary fight (Before you bring up Akainu's DF, I don't think Blackbeard is after Logias since he already has the best one)

Sengoku chose to end the battle because neither he nor Shanks wanted to fight it. All 5 of the marines top tier fighters were in near perfect condition. Shanks told them to surrender so they could tend to the wounded and Sengoku chose that option rather than see needless deaths. The idea that the RH pirates could take out all 5 of those guys is honestly preposterous to me

Amles and Shiroashi No Sanji like this.
  18. Shiroashi No Sanji

Shiroashi No Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Blackbeard is mega hype for a reason. He's cunning in a kind of cowardly way and it serves him well. He'll wreck all the face when he's good and ready lol

Amles, Zaz and Go D. Usopp like this.
  19. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    shanks is not an idiot he was prepared even sengoku doesn't do it .

Amles, Zaz and Abdoulhay like this.
  20. Fist of Love

Fist of Love

Bounty Points:
    If this happens, my first reaction is either going to be emotional hatred for Blackbeard that reach the level of Akainu's hate for pirates. (Because Dragon is one of my favorite characters and I am so want a Monkey family reunion.)

Or I just go straight to curling up into a ball and crying like a baby at the thought of Garp's reaction if/once he finds out his son is dead. Also he just outlive another member of his family.

That not even counting Sabo's reaction to Dragon dying.

ARGH!! Just thought of this is making me want to cry now. :crying:

Amles and Go D. Usopp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice