1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

The Everything Theory Part 3: The Gorosei and their role during the Void Century.

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by TheConqueror, Feb 9, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

PREFACE:

Now it's been a long time since I've added to this theory, and there has been a lot of people who have in the last few weeks who have changed their views on Sanji being Royalty because of recent revelations. However, I am not convinced we should give up on that theory yet, and I'll explain why here.

Ever since their introduction, we have been led to believe that the Gorosei run the world completely with no one above them. Thus, the community obviously came to the conclusion that they must be Celestial Dragons. I mean if they run the world, then they HAD to be Royalty. Any other conclusion doesn't, or didn't used to, make sense.

I've addressed this in the first two parts to this theory and I've theorized that there are three Kings hidden behind them that truly rule the world who will be the FINAL antagonist when we take on the WG, based on the Chinese legend of the "Three Sovereign and the Five Emperors". You can see those here:

EVERYTHING THEORY PART 1
    EVERYTHING THEORY PART 2

We see that CP-Aegis 0 can go over their heads to get orders from above. This leads to the conclusion that Gorosei do not have absolute control over the world. The Celestial Dragons are above them. That brings up these questions:

• Are the Gorosei really royalty?
    • Would CP-0 be able to go over the heads of one of those 20 royal families that formed the WG?
    • Why are the Gorosei portrayed so differently from the other Celestial Dragons?

I'm going to seek to answer some of these questions with this theory today.

THE POWER TO OPPOSE THE ANCIENT KINGDOM:

Now if you haven't read the first two parts, you won't catch everything I will mention here, so I suggest you do that first. Finished? Alright, let's go.

Now even after creating these God level powers the Three Sovereign Kings had, you can't fight a war by yourself, you still need ground troops and infantry to win a Giant World War. Against the Might of the Ancient Kingdom, they had their God level powers to combat the Ancient Weapons, but what about all the strong warriors that made up the alliance of the D clan, the Fishmen, and the Birkans? Who fought them?

Certainly not the ancestors of those rich, bitch boys that we call the Celestial Dragons.
    They don't look like they could ever fight anyone. I believe this is where the Five Gorosei came into play.

I believe they are descendants, (or maybe the original members, depending on if you believe them immortal or not), of the five major world groups that helped the WG seize control of the world during the Void Century.

The WG basically outsourced Military might using their wealth and hired paid mercenaries to win them the war against the Ancient Kingdoms. These warriors were major groups that still exist in the One Piece World and I will now theorize who made up some of these groups and the connection to CP-0. I don't think there is enough to go on for most of them but I will make a quick section to discuss what the rest could have possibly offered.

THE FIRST ARMY: GERMA 66

Yes, it was obvious I would go here, based on the Preface, but I think this holds real weight so bare with me. It makes perfect sense for the WG to erase the existence of this army down to just a rumor in the Underworld. I mean, common folk consider it a myth, and we already know the WG erased knowledge of the Void Century. The parallels are strong. But what is the focus of Germa 66? What did they offer to the WG?

I think the answer lies in the definition of the Vinsmokes as a Family of Assassins or Professional killers, depending on the translations.

[​IMG]

Also note, the WG has two assassins group under them CP-9 and CP-0. Because of Rob Lucci's dual membership, in both organizations we can expect that they all use Rokushiki. And this is what I think Germa 66 brings. Their Martial Arts proficiency, in particular they are the creators of Rokushiki.

I believe that they were renowned during the Void Century time for this new martial art that developed its practitioners to super human levels of strength and speed and focused it. The Celestial Dragons enlisted their services during the war. And now overtime, have circulated the knowledge of this martial arts around the government to increase their might.

The parallels are pretty clear when you look at the introduction of Germa 66 as compared to CP-9. Both are groups of assassins and both were said to be not very well known, to the point where people considered them myths. I don't believe their full influence is revealed yet though, and any more guesses at this stage won't have much to go on, so I'll stop there, because I don't even consider this group the most interesting one.

However, as I said, the leader of this one is likely to be the

[​IMG]

The reason I say that is because it would take some serious high level privileges for a group of assassins to be able to make a bounty poster Only Alive. Even Sanji himself said it. The one who organized the wedding is also responsible for his poster. And I can't see that being someone outside the WG structure. They have to have some serious political power
    to pull a stunt like that in my opinion.

Anyways enough on Germa 66. Unto the next Army.

THE SECOND ARMY: THE DARK HISTORY OF THE SAMURAI

[​IMG]

SAY WHAT?!!! I know it might seem ridiculous, but I believe the Samurai were recruited by the Celestial Dragons in the past to fight for them and with their help, the WG won the war.

Contrary to pop culture view of samurai, who are depicted as honourable fighters, and I'm sure the ones on Wano currently are of that type, for much of the samurai's history they were nothing more than greedy, mercenaries who lended their services in combat out to the highest bidder.

This article, The Samurai: Myth Vs Reality, provides a nice expose on the values of Samurais of the past. But I'm a nice dude, so I'll still quote relevant parts in case you don't want to read the whole thing. Here is my opening quote from this article:

The highlighted parts strengthen my argument greatly. Samurai for most of their history were just thugs, who only had interest in enriching themselves. It stands to reason that in their early times, let's say 900 years ago, they would resemble that in One Piece. Oda is a huge history buff and he loves to stay true to it when he references it in One Piece.

So now with this thought in mind, the reason why the Samurai and the Minks are sharing this arc begins to fall into place nicely. The Samurais of the past were instrumental in the fall of the Ancient Kingdom and its allies. And one of those allies, you guessed it, are;

[​IMG]

The Minks were allied with the Ancient Kingdom from the Void Century and were forced into exile on the back of Zou after they were going to lose the war. Similarly to how the Fishmen were forced below the surface with an apology from Joy Boy. I believe the Elephant on Zou was given the task of keeping the Minks safe as they have something vital and important that they are forced to defend on the back of Zou.

The clues of Nekomamushi and Inuarashi's importance are plentiful. There have been numerous mentions of history that they are protecting, as well as certain lines of dialogue that really seem to speak to some greater mystery. For instance:
    • Nekomamushi saying he is the one who "awaits the Dawn of this World".
    • Pedro begging for Chopper to save Nekomamushi and Inuarashi's life because their importance is so great, they cannot be allowed to die
    • Talk of meeting Shanks on their travels when they were younger, indicating a possible meeting with Gol D Roger himself (I'm practically certain that this is where these dudes flashbacks will center on)
    Also, of note, is the Minks' mentality towards judging other cultures.

[​IMG]

This is very progressive view of society that runs contrary to the WG's ideals, where entire groups are allowed to be persecuted for reasons such as how they look. It goes to show the Minks would never be on the WG side of the conflict in the Void Century.

To strengthen this even further, the Minks' use the Electro ability and as we saw against Zoro, it seems to have some odd effects that make swordsmanship ineffective against it. I've already made extensive analysis of the science behind Electro in my Chopper theory thread, so just go to this link, and you'll see why Electro counters swordsmen in particular.

So the minks thus have a technique designed to beat Swordsmen, but why? Because they are long rivals. The Samurai of the past killed many of the minks during the Great War that took place during the void century and drove them into hiding. That's why Nekomamushi says he would devour any Samurai who dared step on Zou, and explains why Raizou has hidden himself. He can't reveal his presence because the Minks would not welcome him.

Now that I have built the case, it explains why one of the Gorosei is depicted as such.

[​IMG]

This man represents the Samurai who helped the WG in the past and I'm going to say that they separated into two different groups eventually over the 800 years. Mirroring of course the eventual transition of the Samurai from mercenaries to men of honour. There could be more samurai, currently working under the WG who are powerful. Maybe that's where Fujitora came from, but he has his own ideals, so he might be slightly different.

Or he could have incorporated his group into the Marines and the Cipher Pols over the centuries, resulting in their being high sword proficiency from many members through the military. In other words, he is responsible for the strengthening of the skills of the infantry.

Would make sense, as I'm going to say he parallels to China's slot in the Gorosei structure as China has the largest infantry in the world.

As I said, this great era of peace that prompted to the Samurai to change their philosophy, called the Tokugawa era, can be likened to the 800 years of WG rule where the need for all out war diminished and the philosophies changed, something the Minks who have been stuck living isolated in the past, likely aren't aware of, or do not care.
    Not all the samurai agreed with what they did during the Void century.

I also believe the Minks managed to acquire something powerful the Samurai had with them. Maybe some kind of special blade from their past, and to avoid annihilation, they fled. I believe the samurai on Wano eventually turned their back on that part of their history and didn't want anything to do with the tools their ancestors used, but now something has prompted such desperation that they are in need of this thing which the Minks acquired so many years ago. To save themselves from Kaidou.

So that covers the first two armies and why the Minks and the Samurai are sharing an arc. Onto the final 3. For these final three I'm gonna piggy back off of parallels made by other people who made theories regarding the Gorosei, namely, @beck and @L o g i a .

I do this because these three are very likely to provide benefit we can't yet back up with manga information, but at least their visual parallels, let us know that they can all be considered great Military Leaders.

THE LAST THREE ARMIES

[​IMG]

@beck ties each to these rulers, but I agree with @L o g i a that the Gorosei could have some of the 5 nations from the UN incorporated into their design. I have my own ideas on which nations Oda combined with these rulers, and how their groups have influenced the current structure of the WG.

Assuming they are all UN nation representatives, then we can say that Oda chose these 5 specifically because of their military might in days of old. This strengthens the idea that the Gorosei aren't royalty at all, just military leaders who gave their strength to the CD during the Great War and earned a higher level of social status and power. Sold their souls to the devil if you will. It's obvious that the one on the left is Russia, no doubt about it but I will agree that the Middle is United States and the guy on the right could be France, but a strong case is made for the leader above. If anything, it's likely they don't peg down to one nation solely and Oda is more likely referencing an era of rulers more so than one individual and every single one is a composite of influences.

As such I feel like their worth would actually mirror some of the major areas these nations excelled in. I expect that these guys, will contribute in areas such as Weapons Manufacturing, Naval Forces and Espionage. And I also believe that some of what they did was incorporated directly into the structure of the WG, not necessarily off doing their own thing, like Germa 66. But instead, they all served as the foundation for different aspects of the WG's influence.

And over such a long time, the lines have blurred, so I don't think it will be as clear cut as one does this, the other does that. But I also expect a large hand in the Black Market as seen with Germa 66. If I had to guess which ones, it would go like this.

[​IMG]
    Russia

He handles Weapons Manufacturing for all division of the Government, such as cannons, artillery, W.M.D's etc. So I wouldn't be surprised if he is involved in Liquor Iron Ore Weapons trading as well as Wapo metal. We know Wapol has received another Kingdom from the WG because of this metal, so I expect the WG are taking
    advantage of this.

[​IMG]
    United States

His influence is seen primarily in Espionage. I believe he controls the Cipher Pols and Information gathering. I propose this idea because it was he who spoke with Spandine in the incident of Ohara and ordered Spandine to kill Professor Clover, for daring to speak the name of that Ancient Kingdom.

I also believe that he governs the Science Division of the Marines and concerns himself with the development of new weapons for the use of the WG. America has great Weapons development programs and world renowned espionage agencies in the FBI and CIA as well.
    And finally,

[​IMG]
    France

His army gave birth to the Marines. He looks like an old sailor, but the French also had a very strong Navy, especially during Colonial times. So I decided I've give him the Naval side. He's responsible for the ships that the Marines use and working on new technology that would help the Marines transcend any ocean.

THE COLLECTIVE FIVE

So I believe they have all worked to form the WG's military side and that is what the Gorosei represent. The military arm of the CD's rule over the world. While I assume the CD, govern the political side, with all the kingdom's they have tried to unite. Which provides wealth to finance their continued hold on power.

[​IMG]
    So to summarize, I believe the Gorosei, are not in fact royalty. Instead they are military organizations from the era of the Void century who pledged their allegiance to the CDs and were instrumental in helping them defeat the Ancient Kingdom. They were thus rewarded for this with vast power and control int he world. Thus, they are kind of criminals in a way, which goes to show the corruption of the Government.

Tags: @Endency @Bogard @CelestialNightmare @Don Raijin @Haoshoku @Joy Boy @Juntoci @KingDoji @minions @Nicobade @purple @Redvic09 @Vandenreich @Veritas @Tefenut @L o g i a @beck

I can't promise I can add anymore to this or when, but once things come up worthy of the length of this theory, I'll try. Also, university has started again, so doing theoris has to take a back burner for now. I hope you guys understand.

2. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    I have a similar theory I'm working one that was inspired by @beck 's theory on the Gorosei inspirations. I think all 5 Gorosei are based on European leaders.
    Blonde Gorosei-Spain
    Bald Gorosei- Japan
    Dr Eggman Gorosei- Russia
    Stick Gorosei- Germany
    Hat Gorosei- Italy

Similar to the Axis Powers(3 of them at least).

3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    Yeah I agreed, I feel like Oda has taken a full era and tried to incorporate it all into the Gorosei. Which is why the samurai guy could still be Japan as well. If anything, you could just call him Asian warfare. It's all gonna be connected. And deliberately so to give them an air of past significance to tie to the Void Century.

4. Spectre

Spectre

Bounty Points:
    This is... just utterly awesome! Thanks for the theory, I can see where you are going. Now I need to go back and read into it myself

5. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    Yep. I think the reason Wano is isolated is because of the bald Gorosei. The things I found ties the Gorosei, Sanji, the Supernovas and the Underground together.

TheConqueror likes this.
  6. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    *Standing Ovation* Being a follower of the everything series,.. im left baffled with amazement at every release, the link to those 5 countries is one that is quite elaborate, being the five super powers of the world, it's only natural Oda borrows a leaf from reality, i like this theory alot!!

djiayebee and TheConqueror like this.
  7. Kodomo

Kodomo

Bounty Points:
    I agree with the point of Vinsmoke is one of Gorosei and Gorosei is leader of political power.

Gorosei seems don't aging. They look same if we see them in Ohara eradication. Is this the power of Op op no mi which granted them to get immortality? I believe they have this ability from this mechanism.

I like the idea about every member of Gorosei have specialty task. To build Strong nation, there are several things that are needed.
    1. Economy
    2. Defense (weapons, army)
    3. Human power
    4. Information and knowledge
    5. Political stability

Maybe these five can match with the Gorosei task.

TheConqueror likes this.
  8. sam1oq

sam1oq

Bounty Points:
    This is the best theory I've seen on the Gorosei so far:eek:. Good job:yaaa:.

TheConqueror likes this.
  9. FrankyG

FrankyG

Bounty Points:
    Its a long one but very good. I got a question about part 2 though. You described Uranus as the weapon created by Birkans and that the Birkans technology is linked with electric power. You also described the Shandrians as decendants of the Birkans. Do you reckon there is a chance Uranus is that ship Enel had built called the Maxim? It runs on electric power (link to Birkans) and is made out of gold (Shandria). Furthermore it could create giant lightning clouds which combined with Enels power had quite a destructive force. Just some speculation on my part but we know Pluton was a warship and Poseidon turned out to be controlling seakings (who can pull Noah).

TheConqueror likes this.
  10. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    Yes and no. No I don't think that the Maxim is Uranus. If anything it has foreshadowed Uranus. But if you want a good theory on on what I believe is Uranus, go here. Even thought the OP is making a theory about what he thinks is Raftel, I believe it's gonna be Uranus.

The ancient flying ship that the ancestors of the Birkans came to Earth from the Moon with. And it's gonna be like a giant floating city with a massive Laser on the bottom.

FrankyG likes this.
  11. FrankyG

FrankyG

Bounty Points:
    Also a very good one. Reminds me abit of the thing that sucked capone up in the sky. Maxim could be a foreshadow i quess like you said. Like how he went to the moon on Maxim and how the birkans came from the moon on Uranus.

12. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    Let me just say, as much as Oda shat on this theory of mine in ONE BLOODY chapter,
    I think we can all agree Oda definitely fooled the lot of us all.

I for one never believed Raizou was not on Zou but I never imagined after all the work Oda put into making us believe the Minks hated the samurai that Raizou was actually being protected by them. If anything, it reaffirms my belief that the Minks would make an excellent fucking division of the Grand Fleet. Better than the other 7 combined really, so awesome.

Even though now the samurai being at odds with the minks is not likely to be a current thing, even if it was a thing in the past, I still stand by the idea that the Gorosei are military leaders who assisted the Celestial Dragons during the Void Century.

Anyways, props to Oda for a masterfully crafted dupe on us all.

@Endency @Bogard @CelestialNightmare @Don Raijin @Haoshoku @Joy Boy @Juntoci @KingDoji @minions @Nicobade @purple @Redvic09 @Vandenreich @Veritas @Tefenut @L o g i a @beck @Mat D Bizzo

13. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    Hehehehe indeed,.. i too was fooled to think that Raizo never actually made it Zou.... smh, real made a fool of us like always :lmao:

14. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    Taste the pain. TASTE IT!!!

15. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

16. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Glad to see mine and @beck s theories were of use, and very rightly so because you 'Everything theory' is absolutely brilliant. On a sidenote: Electro works against swordsmen because Swords conduct electricity, however, if I'm right about Liquore being the metal for flammable swords and based upon Liquor, electricity does not flow as well through them, this may be why so many weapons from Wano can facilitate fire/are made of Liquore, as a response to overcome their own weakness against the Minks!

I was very surprised by the idea of the Samurais as Mercenaries but it makes a lot of sense. They don't have any specific loyalties afterall, in fact, we don't know the reason why the World Government leaves that country alone and yet we see Pirates and Marines alike all coming from Wanokuni.

I personally agree that the Gorosei are not contrived of five selective dictators or five specific states. There are 5 Gorosei and 5 veto seats in the UN, all five look like somebody from one of these countries, I won't go into specifics because it will get confusing, but they also resemble famous dictators as @beck has pointed out before. However, I don't think they were alive at the time of the Void Century or inherited the positions of warlords from predecessors. Based on their appearance you can guess how they may have gotten into power:

My personal beliefs:
    TsarGeorgeV hybrid- Leader of Germa 66 and other Mercenary Forces used to control world trade and price fixing, carry out defensive operations against Revolutionaries and uprisings in colonies, promoted when his father died #vinsmokefamilybants
    Gorbastalin hybrid - Chief of Cipher Pol and covert operations/secret police, which is essentially all that Cipher Pol ever has or will be and as is the nature of the Bolshevik Communist Model, he was promoted from being the most senior Cipher Pol agent when the vacancy appeared
    Garfieleopold hybrid - The missing link with the Tenryuubito having formerly being one himself, he was either ostracised or chosen for this role by the Dragons themselves, he represents their stake in the running of the planet and all affairs within
    Ghandxian hybrid - Head of Legislature bodies and judicial powers, he makes the laws for regular people to follow, he makes conventions and authorises things like buster calls and writes a codified global constitution, he's also incredibly corrupt and came from Ennies Lobby
    Marxibaldi hybrid - Inherited his role after being the former Commander in Chief of the Navy and the head of all Marine activity including bounty committees, ordering construction of ships and overseeing Kong's and Sakazuki's activities

17. TheConqueror

TheConqueror

Bounty Points:
    Thank you for the praise.:D

Yeah it's still possible that the Samurai of the past could have been mercenaries, but at least I did include that part of the Samurai that are currently on Wano not being of that mindset. Means this chapter didn't derail my theory at least. It would be cool to see that the Samurai are separated into two different clans and two different beliefs so the possiblity still exist. After all, Kinemon and co only represent one family, not all the Samurai.

Just like the Giants on Elbaf are but one tribe, the samurai on Wano could be a single group as well.

djiayebee and L o g i a like this.
  18. BlackLegSanji

BlackLegSanji

Bounty Points:
    this theory seems crazy then it's so one piece XD

19. CaPTaiN KiDD

CaPTaiN KiDD

Bounty Points:
    i definitely believe the part between the samurai and minks. we saw that when the minks thought samurai had arrived in zou both inu and neko were ready for war. i believe back in the void century timec the kougetsu clan of samurai who opposed war with the minks and thats why they protected raizou when jack went looking for him. it makes sense that the samurai might be mercenaries because we know kaido has influenced them and kinemon and co had to leave wano for a reason! the rumours about momo being the rightful heir seem good but we know oda so it could be anything. momo met kaido and lived so he must be important somehow.

Im inclined to disagree with the samurai having ties to the gorosei because i believe wano would be under world government control if that were the case. Theres a reason the minks and samurai are left alone by the world govt. I think Inu and Neko are key here they do seem super important going forward.

I never believed the gorosei were the highest power because they dont act like cd. the fact that cp0 went over their heads in dressrosa shows whoever doffy blackmailed were higher than the gorosei. i reckon its the same person doffy wanted the ope ope no mi do use against.

I think the gorosei might be the generals or descendants of the generals who led the army against the ancient kingdom but now the CD use the national treasure to make sure the gorosei keep the world as they want. Defeating the gorosei will defo happen after blackbeard and akainu, and they probably all use CoC.

20. Joestar

Joestar

Bounty Points:
    I don't think Gorosei have anything to do with Germa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice